PDA

View Full Version : Quote from 3ball (for historical reference purposes)

GrayGoat
07-28-2021, 07:43 PM
Tatum is an elite jumpshooter, so his high-scoring allows ball movement and can therefore beat good teams

Otoh, high scoring from Giannis is extremely ball-dominant, so he can't win with high scoring or scoring period
Can’t win :biggums::oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2021, 07:52 PM
In fairness he did say Giannis can't win with "high scoring", so he at least turned out to be correct about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHPLeWsAQw4

ScottieQuitting
07-28-2021, 08:08 PM

Did you watch?

Giannis started playing more like a modern version of a center. He wasn’t dribbling from the top of the key and needing to get downhill exclusively to get to the rim. Where if you build a wall, he’s literally useless.

Phoenix had no one to remotely guard him. No size. No physicality. Ayton played shook af. Didn’t have the foot speed to guard him anyway.

KD dog walked Giannis in their head to head.

3ba11
07-28-2021, 08:19 PM
Yes, Giannis proved me wrong.. He proved everyone wrong.

That's why I give him a chance to catch MJ and rate him over KD/Lebron, who never proved anyone wrong on anything.. They just team-hopped..

I don't blame KD because Lebron started it - his super-teams from 11-16' were so unfair that KD had to join Steph/Klay to supercede him.. It's like track athletes that use steroids - if one guy is doing it and winning, everyone has to do it.

8Ball
07-28-2021, 08:20 PM

Tatum = jump shooter = Jordan ball.

Giannis = Ball dominant driver = LeBron ball.

3ball narrative shattered completely.

Giannis only proved the anti-LeBron ball haters wrong. What else is new around these parts.

ScottieQuitting
07-28-2021, 08:22 PM
Jordan shot almost jumpers exclusively from ages 33-35 in 96, 97, and 98. Before that? 85 - 89 he was almost exclusively a driver with mid range sprinkled in. 90 - 93 is the perfect basketball player. He didn’t everything in any style against any style of team or defense. GOAT

HBK_Kliq_2
07-28-2021, 08:24 PM
Yes, Giannis proved me wrong.. He proved everyone wrong.

That's why I give him a chance to catch MJ and rate him over KD/Lebron, who never proved anyone wrong on anything.. They just team-hopped..

I don't blame KD because Lebron started it - his super-teams from 11-16' were so unfair that KD had to join Steph/Klay to supercede him.. It's like track athletes that use steroids - if one guy is doing it and winning, everyone has to do it.

But when giannis faced the modern day Jordan in 2019, what happened to him? Backdoor swept

Luka 4/5 losing straight in 2021

Lebron 3 straight losses in 2014

They all still lose to kawhi jordan :applause: :applause:

3ba11
07-28-2021, 08:25 PM
Tatum = jump shooter = Jordan ball.

Giannis = Ball dominant driver = LeBron ball.

3ball narrative shattered completely.

Giannis only proved the anti-LeBron ball haters wrong. What else is new around these parts.

Giannis doesn't dominate the ball.. I was wrong about that.. Only Lebron dominates the ball.. Giannis has half the hold-time of Lebron... So whoopsi... looks like 3ball goofed on Giannis... All hail Giannis.. :bowdown:

3ba11
07-28-2021, 08:26 PM
But when giannis faced the modern day Jordan in 2019, what happened to him? Backdoor swept

wow... so true

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2021, 08:45 PM

Jordan doesn't lose a 3-1 lead as the colossal favorite or score 14 points on 6/22 in Game 7

And1AllDay
07-28-2021, 08:47 PM

bang!

In fairness he did say Giannis can't win with "high scoring", so he at least turned out to be correct about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHPLeWsAQw4

banggg banggg!

ish gang bang on poor sniveling 3baLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL