PDA

View Full Version : If Phoenix wins, who's the MVP?

nineiron
07-09-2021, 09:08 AM
CP3 or Book?

It's really close, but I think Booker has made the more impactful buckets. Just like when Kyrie and Lebron won, it was close but Kyrie made the more impactful buckets.

but just like with Lebron, they'll likely give it to the veteran CP3.

DoctorP
07-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Well we have to watch the games first. A little early for this numbnuts

And1AllDay
07-09-2021, 09:30 AM
cp is closer to mike (mid range) then he is to legoat

bad threae

nineiron
07-09-2021, 09:34 AM
cp is closer to mike (mid range) then he is to legoat

bad threae

are you dumb?

07-09-2021, 09:38 AM
are you dumb?
Yeah, hes pretty damn stupid.

Anyway if cp3 benches himself for the next 3 games, then comes back in a g6 victory to seize the narrative, I think the Fmvp is his

GrayGoat
07-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Booker is ahead currently IMO

Jasper
07-09-2021, 09:47 AM
who ever shoots 50% from 3.

ShawkFactory
07-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Man I almost though you weren’t gonna make something about lebron. Oh well

But it’s definitely CP3. He’s the orchestrator and has had far more impact at the other end too.

Booker has made some big shots but that’s all he has to do. CP3 is carrying a larger load.

FireDavidKahn
07-09-2021, 10:52 AM
CP3 is going to get it as a lifetime achievement award. Besides he is earning it anyway.

Averaging more PPG, more RPG and more APG

No contest right now through 2 games

Bronbron23
07-09-2021, 11:08 AM
CP3 or Book?

It's really close, but I think Booker has made the more impactful buckets. Just like when Kyrie and Lebron won, it was close but Kyrie made the more impactful buckets.

but just like with Lebron, they'll likely give it to the veteran CP3.

Nah cp and book are close scoring wise but cp is considerably better in playmaking and defense which is literally half the battle.

jayfan
07-09-2021, 11:11 AM
If it's close, they're giving it to CP3 without question. Booker will need several more games like last night.

FultzNationRISE
07-09-2021, 11:14 AM
In all seriousness, the FMVP this year should be awarded to Lebron due to the influence he's had on all the biggest stars in this series.

PeroAntic
07-09-2021, 11:16 AM
The answer to OPs question is pretty easy: whoever plays better in the series.

Bronbron23
07-09-2021, 11:20 AM
In all seriousness, the FMVP this year should be awarded to Lebron due to the influence he's had on all the biggest stars in this series.

Agreed if it wasn't for brons mediocre play suns would never be in the finals to begin with

Code Breaker
07-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Currently CP3 no question.

GrayGoat
07-09-2021, 01:10 PM
Man I almost though you weren’t gonna make something about lebron. Oh well

But it’s definitely CP3. He’s the orchestrator and has had far more impact at the other end too.

Booker has made some big shots but that’s all he has to do. CP3 is carrying a larger load.
Carrying load? Booker is averaging 30ppg and Ayton is averaging like 22/14.

999Guy
07-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Nah cp and book are close scoring wise but cp is considerably better in playmaking and defense which is literally half the battle.

They’re not even close scoring wise in this series.

Booker had to hit 7 3’s on 12 attempts just to round out his decent scoring game.

He’s not a 3 or shooter, definitely not on volume. He’s gonna have a rough time in Milwaukee most likely. And he’s not the offensive player Paul is anyway. It’s not even close, in this series.

ShawkFactory
07-09-2021, 01:21 PM

There is more to the game than just scoring. That's literally what I just said.

ImKobe
07-09-2021, 01:22 PM
CP3. Booker needs to be better than Paul by a huge margin in order to in the Finals MVP award. The narrative all year has been about how Chris Paul makes everyone better and how underrated he's been his whole career etc, and 11 media members vote on the FMVP at the end of the day, so Booker basically has 0 chance unless CP3 gets injured and he carries them to a series win.

FireDavidKahn
07-09-2021, 01:24 PM

No Booker isn't.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2021-nba-finals-bucks-vs-suns.html

Paul: 32 ppg on 63.2%/57.1%/100%, 4 rpg, 9 apg
Booker: 27 ppg on 38.1%/12.5%/100%, 2 rpg, 6 apg

Anyone who says Booker is the FMVP is off their rocker. Paul is playing several levels above Booker.

RRR3
07-09-2021, 01:31 PM
No Booker isn't.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2021-nba-finals-bucks-vs-suns.html

Paul: 32 ppg on 63.2%/57.1%/100%, 4 rpg, 9 apg
Booker: 27 ppg on 38.1%/12.5%/100%, 2 rpg, 6 apg

Anyone who says Booker is the FMVP is off their rocker. Paul is playing several levels above Booker.
Those are the stats for just game 1. Idk why they haven’t been updated. It’s still CP3 though.

wagexslave
07-09-2021, 01:58 PM
CP3 will probably get it even if Booker continues to outplay him after game 2. Unless Book shines even brighter than he did last night. For one, he has the narrative behind him. And 2, he's towards the end of his career and this might be the last chance he has to get one while Book is barely starting to enter his prime.

Idk if it was just me, but it seemed like CP3 wasn't going to Book enough towards the end of the game last night even though Book was unstoppable. Book could have easily had like 5+ more points on top of his 31. I hope they're not out there getting competitive over winning FMVP lol...

FKAri
07-09-2021, 02:22 PM
CP3's earning it thus far but if he wasn't, a "career award" FMVP is a funny thought.

Bronbron23
07-09-2021, 02:39 PM
They’re not even close scoring wise in this series.

Booker had to hit 7 3’s on 12 attempts just to round out his decent scoring game.

He’s not a 3 or shooter, definitely not on volume. He’s gonna have a rough time in Milwaukee most likely. And he’s not the offensive player Paul is anyway. It’s not even close, in this series.

Nah man they're definitely close scoring wise in general and most likely in this series when it's all said and done. Offense is more than justscoring though so i agree it's not as close when you factor in cp's passing and overall leadership. He's also way bettet defensively

imdaman99
07-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Idk if it was just me, but it seemed like CP3 wasn't going to Book enough towards the end of the game last night even though Book was unstoppable. Book could have easily had like 5+ more points on top of his 31. I hope they're not out there getting competitive over winning FMVP lol...

:roll: this was obvious as well. CP3 really is a savage. He's like OH, GAME IS CLINCHED? HELL NAW NOT LETTING BOOK GET MORE POINTS THAT MIGHT GET HIM THE FINALS MVP :lol this shit belongs to me. He was dicking around and throwing passes behind the back out of bounds to Crowder than giving Book more looks. ALPHA

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-09-2021, 05:06 PM
So far its CP3

Booker was better last game, but Chris has been better overall. Think it'll trend that way regardless if Phoenix wins or not.

highwhey
07-09-2021, 05:16 PM
I do, the correct answer is highwhey.

DMAVS41
07-09-2021, 05:26 PM
CP3 in my opinion...he's been masterful and made timely plays in both games.

lakerstekkenn
07-10-2021, 03:33 AM
If Chris goes crazy prime 40 points in Milwaukee stealing a game on the road then scores in the 20s plus assist in double figures he will win the finals MVP.

If Booker goes insane stealing a game on the road then continues to shine scoring in the 30s when it counts the 4th quarter closing the game out Booker will win the MVP.

Unless the voters just give it to Chris and nothing that Booker does matters, this will not get him the MVP, Chris just wins it because he's an all star veteran and that's why he wins it.

3ba11
07-10-2021, 10:54 AM
CP3. Booker needs to be better than Paul by a huge margin in order to in the Finals MVP award. The narrative all year has been about how Chris Paul makes everyone better and how underrated he's been his whole career etc, and 11 media members vote on the FMVP at the end of the day, so Booker basically has 0 chance unless CP3 gets injured and he carries them to a series win.

The media always gets it wrong - CP3 has been a loser for his entire career with MANY PLAYOFF DEBACLES - that's the story of his 15-year career - only a player like Booker is elevating CP3 to championship-caliber - it's the best teammate CP3 ever had - he never had a teammate carry him with 30 and 40 points.. there's no comparison

ShawkFactory
07-10-2021, 10:57 AM
The media always gets it wrong - CP3 has been a loser for his entire career with MANY PLAYOFF DEBACLES - that's the story of his 15-year career - only a player like Booker is elevating CP3 to championship-caliber - it's the best teammate CP3 ever had - he never had a teammate carry him with 30 and 40 points.. there's no comparison

Booker and the suns were a 34 win team last year.

Exact same roster except for one person. Fvck outta here :lol

3ba11
07-10-2021, 11:11 AM

Ball-dominance has always succeeded in the regular season, but fails in the playoffs - Booker allows CP3 to succeed in the playoffs for the first time in 15 years, and it's Booker's first playoffs

Btw, based on your logic - the Cavs went from a bummy, 45-win team in 2008, and Mo improved them to 66 wins - but Mo < Booker, so Lebron didn't have anyone to carry him like CP3 does

Booker is the winner that is elevating a career loser brand like CP3

ShawkFactory
07-10-2021, 11:29 AM
Ball-dominance has always succeeded in the regular season, but fails in the playoffs - Booker allows CP3 to succeed in the playoffs for the first time in 15 years, and it's Booker's first playoffs

Btw, based on your logic - the Cavs went from a bummy, 45-win team in 2008, and Mo improved them to 66 wins - but Mo < Booker, so Lebron didn't have anyone to carry him like CP3 does

Booker is the winner that is elevating a career loser brand like CP3

That wasn’t the logic :lol

It was that Booker was completely impactless as the leader of a team, and then everything changed. There is a reason for that change and we both know what it is.

Ayton taking a step forward is CP3s influence as well.

wagexslave
07-10-2021, 01:34 PM

True but Ayton missed 30 games last season in a shortened season, and other guys kept getting injured/sick like a revolving door of different players missing games leading to 2-3 different guys being out all the time and the lineup stability was awkward af... it took them going into the bubble expecting Oubre/Baynes to not play to finally build a real good ass chemistry. Not to mention Ayton/Mikal Bridges/Cam Johnson weren't as good last year as they were this year, and Booker improved a lot defensively this year. Also it was a transition year last year with a new coaching staff, new front office, and like 11 new players on the roster. It was pretty obvious to Suns fans that those 34 wins was far from their peak and they were going to improve a lot this season barring injures(before getting CP3).

Don't get me wrong, CP3 has been great at helping lead the young guys and teaching them communication on the court, teaching them how to win and close out games, teaching Book how to be a leader. Basically been like a 2nd coach under Monty. And no doubt the Suns wouldn't have made nearly as big of a jump without him. Shit, I just bought a CP3 Valley jersey a few weeks ago. Really love his impact on the team. BUT no doubt he gets a bit more credit than he deserves from non-Suns fans for the improvement of this particular roster. They were set to be a playoff team this year for sure barring injuries. Especially if they had traded Oubre for a good legit PF. But getting CP3 just elevated that growth and raised their ceiling from a likely mid playoff seed to a high seed legit contender.