PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash is a lazy coach - he just put the ball in KD's hands with no strategy

3ba11
06-24-2021, 03:30 PM
Putting the ball in 1 guy's hands can't win without super-teams (and still mostly loses) - only lazy or weak coaches that don't know how to build a system use the lazy man's way of letting 1 guy dominate the ball

So Nash is a lazy bum, or just a weak coach.. it's sad because KD is actually skilled, so he doesn't have to dominate the ball - he's optimal for a high-level offense that moves the ball and has already won in high-level systems.. But Nash just wasted him and turned him into Iverson - that's horrific coaching and not worth the millions he makes.

How much coaching experience did Nash have before getting hired?

Why did he qualify over someone like Ewing or another former player with experience?

3ba11
06-24-2021, 03:42 PM
Am I being too hard on Nash?

06-24-2021, 03:46 PM
Im pretty sure he doesnt have any coaching experience before the Nets. Dont really understand what the point of this coaching stint even is

ShawkFactory
06-24-2021, 03:47 PM
So is it the coaching that makes Giannis better than KD then?

j3lademaster
06-24-2021, 03:49 PM
I see where you’re coming from and I agree with the fact that someone who can dominate without having the ball in their hands is probably the most valuable type of player, but you’re being harsh on Nash. Harden was given plenty of opportunities to make plays and you can’t blame teams for using spotup shooters like Joe Harris as spotup shooters. My only complaint really is Blake being underutilized.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 04:02 PM
I see where you’re coming from and I agree with the fact that someone who can dominate without having the ball in their hands is probably the most valuable type of player, but you’re being harsh on Nash. Harden was given plenty of opportunities to make plays and you can’t blame teams for using spotup shooters like Joe Harris as spotup shooters. My only complaint really is Blake being underutilized.

Maybe I'm being a little hard on him, but these guys make millions of dollars and are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS - so they can't run a single curl screen or some kind of action other than just putting the ball in Durant's hands?.. It's like watching an AND1 game or something.. Where's skip to my lou

Tbh, a guy like Carlisle did the same thing with Luka, and we KNOW he knows better... These guys are becoming slaves to the format and must feel trapped by superstars making a lot of money and forced to put the ball in their hands or something

AlternativeAcc.
06-24-2021, 04:37 PM
Putting the ball in the best players hands puts immense pressure on the defense. Moreso than running plays for scrubs and letting them miss shots and make mistakes which lose the game. Every possession matters, so the best most reliable player having the ball is necessary when his teammates are horrible and/or injured like KDs

But you know more than the guys making millions, which is why every prediction you've ever made has been wrong

We trust your opinion

3ba11
06-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Putting the ball in the best players hands puts immense pressure on the defense. Moreso than running plays for scrubs and letting them miss shots and make mistakes which lose the game. Every possession matters, so the best most reliable player having the ball is necessary when his teammates are horrible and/or injured like KDs

But you know more than the guys making millions, which is why every prediction you've ever made has been wrong

We trust your opinion

The Bucks played like a team so they won.

And ball movement puts more pressure on a defense than ball-domination.. Ball-domination (one guy dribbling) lets the defense rest.. a rested defense can go off offensively - a tired defense cannot...

That's why the Spurs went off in the 2014 Finals - Lebron's ball-domination doesn't shift defenses/wear down teams like the ball movement he faces on the championship level, so opponents like the Spurs are always fresher with more capacity to go off offensively... The best defense is a good offense - a tenet of ALL COMPETITION... but you have to understand basketball at a high level to relate this tenet to hoops like we just did here.

PeroAntic
06-24-2021, 04:42 PM
OP is partially correct, but its also to a large degree just KD getting overconfident due to being hot in regular time and then proceeding to just chuck the game away without realizing how tired and well guarded he is. The fact that his teammates were all bums doesn't help either, but they could have at least run a PnR once with Blake... the Bucks knew that KD was gonna shoot every time down the court. A coach doesnt need to be a great tactician to tell KD to surprise them once.

Phoenix
06-24-2021, 04:42 PM
89 Pippen.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 04:49 PM
89 Pippen.

Pippen's stats in 1989 Playoffs

1st. Round vs #1 SRS..... 15.0 on 40% (win)

2nd Round vs # 7 SRS ... 14.8 on 58% (win)

3rd Round vs champs..... 9.7 on 40% (loss in 6 games)

goat carry-job unless Trae can beat Bucks... :confusedshrug:

1987_Lakers
06-24-2021, 04:56 PM

And ball movement puts more pressure on a defense than ball-domination.. Ball-domination (one guy dribbling) lets the defense rest.. a rested defense can go off offensively - a tired defense cannot...

That's why the Spurs went off in the 2014 Finals - Lebron's ball-domination doesn't shift defenses/wear down teams like the ball movement he faces on the championship level, so opponents like the Spurs are always fresher with more capacity to go off offensively... The best defense is a good offense - a tenet of ALL COMPETITION... but you have to understand basketball at a high level to relate this tenet to hoops like we just did here.

You don't understand basketball, good ball-movement is effective when you have guards who can penetrate, it forces the defense to help and leave others open. Who did the Nets have who could do that? No Kyrie, Harden couldn't penetrate. Litteraly none of the Nets role players averaged more than 2 apg, you really think Nash was going to implement an offense that they wouldn't know how to play? Constant passing can also create high turnovers and the Nets didn't have the personnel to run a free flowing offense like the 2014 Spurs or the 2015 Warriors.

With how many injuries the Nets had, you ride and die with Durant ball at that point.

AlternativeAcc.
06-24-2021, 05:02 PM

The bucks won because they have much more talent

3 all stars in Giannis, Middleton, and Jrue... Nets had KD and 20% of harden who shit the bed

Same goes for the Spurs analogy you tried to make for the 10000th time. Spurs had more talent

Spurs system wouldn't work for the 2014 Heat because they lack the talent to pull it off... so they'd be lottery with that system. You need players who can pass and make quick decisions, good shooters. Spurs had it, Heat didn't. So going through lebron was the ONLY choice.

You don't how to judge talent

3ba11
06-24-2021, 05:13 PM
The bucks won because they have much more talent

3 all stars in Giannis, Middleton, and Jrue... Nets had KD and 20% of harden who shit the bed

Same goes for the Spurs analogy you tried to make for the 10000th time. Spurs had more talent

Spurs system wouldn't work for the 2014 Heat because they lack the talent to pull it off... so they'd be lottery with that system. You need players who can pass and make quick decisions, good shooters. Spurs had it, Heat didn't. So going through lebron was the ONLY choice.

You don't how to judge talent

Heat had a much younger core and more talent than the ancient Spurs - the odds were pretty much even heading into the series - but the Heat couldn't run the Spurs' system because the Spurs' system doesn't allow anyone to dominate the ball like Lebron.. If Lebron is dominating the ball, then you're running Lebron-ball, not the Spurs' system - you can't run both - none of Lebron's teams ran good systems because his skill restriction to ball-domination and lack of elite jumpshooting skill or off-ball game prevents it.

Btw, Kyrie spotted KD 2 games and Harden averaged 19/8/7 for the last 2 (both losses).. Durant simply gave away Game 6, which was a mistake.. No goat clutch for him in Game 6 like MJ.

1987_Lakers
06-24-2021, 05:22 PM
It's funny how some people have forgotten that LeBron was less ball-dominant in Miami than any other team he played for, Miami was actually a really good passing team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYXYYaSruYw

HBK_Kliq_2
06-24-2021, 05:23 PM
The only other alpha was Irving and he was out.

Durant tried to give Harden the ball in clutch time in game 7, Harden instantly passed it back. Harden was a gimp who was scared of the ball.

I don't really blame Harden for getting hurt though because the insanely tight schedule that silver created to avoid the Olympics led to injuries (Anthony Davis, Irving, Harden, Kawhi, Conley, Chris Paul).

8Ball
06-24-2021, 05:25 PM
Putting the ball in 1 guy's hands can't win without super-teams (and still mostly loses) - only lazy or weak coaches that don't know how to build a system use the lazy man's way of letting 1 guy dominate the ball

So Nash is a lazy bum, or just a weak coach.. it's sad because KD is actually skilled, so he doesn't have to dominate the ball - he's optimal for a high-level offense that moves the ball and has already won in high-level systems.. But Nash just wasted him and turned him into Iverson - that's horrific coaching and not worth the millions he makes.

How much coaching experience did Nash have before getting hired?

Why did he qualify over someone like Ewing or another former player with experience?

Meltdown.

Nash tried Jordan ball and it didn't work.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 05:26 PM
It's funny how some people have forgotten that LeBron was less ball-dominant in Miami than any other team he played for, Miami was actually a really good passing team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYXYYaSruYw

Lebron still held the ball a point guard amount (time of possession) - more than many starting point guards - this gave the Heat a 2-point-guard lineup (2 guys on the floor with a PG hold-time)

And that's the key - 2-PG lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists than they get in 1-PG lineups, which results in low TEAM assists and a brand that struggles on the championship level..

So even though Lebron was playing off-ball here and there, his brand of basketball (2-PG lineups) had no chance against the Spurs vastly superior and more optimal approach to the game (ball movement, high team assists)

Accordingly, Lebron's teams are massively out-assisted in his Finals losses, including the 14' Finals

Phoenix
06-24-2021, 05:51 PM
Pippen's stats in 1989 Playoffs

1st. Round vs #1 SRS..... 15.0 on 40% (win)

2nd Round vs # 7 SRS ... 14.8 on 58% (win)

3rd Round vs champs..... 9.7 on 40% (loss in 6 games)

goat carry-job unless Trae can beat Bucks... :confusedshrug:

Your thread had absolutely nothing to do with Pippen but thanks for taking the bait.

tpols
06-24-2021, 05:54 PM
KD played off the ball a ton. It was very hard for him to get away from PJ Tucker. Everybody was utilized perfectly. Harris couldn't make wide open shots. Nash had to deal with a different lineup every 2 games with Kyrie and Harden getting hurt. It was as messy a situation for a coach as there has ever been.

Remember Giannis injured Kyrie. Nets were killing it with KD & Kyrie it looked like a sweep.

3ba11
06-24-2021, 06:04 PM
Your thread had absolutely nothing to do with Pippen but thanks for taking the bait.

You got me.. I can't turn down a chance to trash Pippen with facts that most people aren't aware of or don't consider

3ba11
06-24-2021, 06:09 PM
KD played off the ball a ton. It was very hard for him to get away from PJ Tucker. Everybody was utilized perfectly. Harris couldn't make wide open shots. Nash had to deal with a different lineup every 2 games with Kyrie and Harden getting hurt. It was as messy a situation for a coach as there has ever been.

Remember Giannis injured Kyrie. Nets were killing it with KD & Kyrie it looked like a sweep.

Kyrie was the bridge to the championship for the 2021 Nets, 2018 Celtics, and 2015 Cavs - he doesn't get nearly enough credit for being an impact player and championship grantor.. Nets win next year if him and KD are healthy - that's how good he is - he'll turn this 2nd Round bum team into a champion.

As for Nash - I'm probably being too hard on him but I couldn't resist doing the thread.. I never understood how he got the job

3ba11
06-24-2021, 06:09 PM

Kyrie was the bridge to the championship for the 2021 Nets, 2018 Celtics, and 2015 Cavs - he doesn't get nearly enough credit for being an impact player and championship grantor.. Nets win next year if him and KD are healthy - that's how good he is - he'll turn this 2nd Round bum team into a champion.

As for Nash - I'm probably being too hard on him but I couldn't resist doing the thread.. I never understood how he got the job

Phoenix
06-24-2021, 08:16 PM
You got me.. I can't turn down a chance to trash Pippen with facts that most people aren't aware of or don't consider

You have 30k posts on this forum. Anyone who has ever visited this forum has seen your Pippen posts........repeatedly. Question is, why do you feel the burden to present this information over and over? Who's asking for it?

j3lademaster
06-24-2021, 08:32 PM
Maybe I'm being a little hard on him, but these guys make millions of dollars and are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS - so they can't run a single curl screen or some kind of action other than just putting the ball in Durant's hands?.. It's like watching an AND1 game or something.. Where's skip to my lou

Tbh, a guy like Carlisle did the same thing with Luka, and we KNOW he knows better... These guys are becoming slaves to the format and must feel trapped by superstars making a lot of money and forced to put the ball in their hands or somethingi think its more with the media and narratives. You lose not running it through KD the narrative becomes you took it out of KD’s hands so you deserved it.

AlternativeAcc.
06-24-2021, 08:42 PM
i think its more with the media and narratives. You lose not running it through KD the narrative becomes you took it out of KD’s hands so you deserved it.

So you're saying nash cares about the media perception more than winning? Are you implying his strategy was wrong?

j3lademaster
06-24-2021, 08:58 PM
So you're saying nash cares about the media perception more than winning? Are you implying his strategy was wrong?no. Read my earlier post.

miggyme1
06-25-2021, 06:26 AM
Is nash even qualified to be a coach? I dont get coach vibes from him. He looks more like a commentator to me. I was shocked when he was announced as a coach. Like does he know anything about coaching? I thought he was gonna be a dantoni clone but i was wrong. Ive never seen him draw up a play or implement a system. He literally sits there and just looks. Ive never seen him call a timeout either. Has anybody noticed that?

3ba11
06-25-2021, 11:49 AM
For once I agree with Pippen, who agrees with me on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPgM7yXT2dg&t=06m46s

ShawkFactory
06-25-2021, 12:46 PM
For once I agree with Pippen, who agrees with me on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPgM7yXT2dg&t=06m46s

So now we're back to Lebron > KD. Jesus your stories change from game to game :lol

3ba11
06-25-2021, 02:17 PM
So now we're back to Lebron > KD. Jesus your stories change from game to game :lol

Durant and Lebron are debateable because one guy can shoot and the other guy can finish inside - Jordan has both (all-time rim attack and all-time mid-range).

ShawkFactory
06-25-2021, 02:19 PM
Durant and Lebron are debateable because one guy can shoot and the other guy can finish inside - Jordan has both (all-time rim attack and all-time mid-range).

When did I say Lebron or Durant > Jordan?

3ba11
06-25-2021, 02:20 PM
When did I say Lebron or Durant > Jordan?

Their contrast illustrates his goatness

ShawkFactory
06-25-2021, 02:28 PM
Their contrast illustrates his goatness

Oh were people not saying Jordan is the GOAT?