PDA

View Full Version : so how good is upcoming no.1 draft? Cunningham?

bobopenguin
06-23-2021, 03:18 AM
i dunno anything about this kid, is he good? compares to this year's no.1 ? what was his name? Tony? Anthony? Edgar? Edward? i wont lie, i cant even remember who was this year's no.1 draft pick and what did he do beside part of wolves team..

ralph_i_el
06-23-2021, 11:43 AM
I read that he had the best points-per-play on ISOs for any one and done player ever. That's something.

That's usually a stat dominated by upperclassmen

ralph_i_el
06-23-2021, 11:47 AM
Plays good defense too, accross multiple positions. Pretty much a guaranteed stud.

LeBronesque game, minus 30lbs of muscle and some explosion, but with a cleaner scoring game off the dribble than young Bron had. Luka minus some court vision, but with better D? A pass-first version of Kobe?

3ba11
06-23-2021, 11:54 AM
Plays good defense too, accross multiple positions. Pretty much a guaranteed stud.

he'll be a passer and spot-up shooter - not as much of a scorer as people think

Think Lowry-level... not much higher

Green is the prize

ralph_i_el
06-23-2021, 12:33 PM
Green very well might be the better scorer, and still put up less points because teams aren't going to trust him to make plays with the ball in his hands as much as Cade.

6'8" 7' wingspan Kyle Lowry would be a 10x Allstar and HoF player.

3ba11
06-23-2021, 12:36 PM
Green very well might be the better scorer, and still put up less points because teams aren't going to trust him to make plays with the ball in his hands as much as Cade.

6'8" 7' wingspan Kyle Lowry would be a 10x Allstar and HoF player.

He lacks Lowry's quickness - he won't be getting in the lane as much as you think, and he'll score via spot-up or a stand-still shot most of the time... eventually he'll be a spot-up shooter and passer.

otoh, green has shown me flashes that i've almost never seen.. from almost anyone.

MaxPlayer
06-23-2021, 12:49 PM
I don't know shit, but I love watching Jalen Suggs. Maybe not absolute top tier as an athlete or a shooter, but such a smooth and intelligent player.

ralph_i_el
06-23-2021, 01:06 PM
Suggs is a lot of fun. I think Mobley will be really good too.

I don't think Cade needs to get into the paint that much to be successful. He won't even really need to use quickness to get to the rim against smaller players, because he's so good at using his strength. Plus, he played on a team with no shooters last year, so he was going to have a tough time getting to the rim regardless. He'll do much better with the space created by NBA level shooters.