PDA

View Full Version : Is Doc Rivers the biggest choker in coaching history?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-16-2021, 11:03 PM
Not just NBA but in coaching in general

Only NBA coach that has blown more than 1 3-1 lead and did it 3 times

Most playoff losses for a title team in the 08 season. Taken to 7 by a shit Cawks team and Cavs team with Bran playing like shit

Like Phil Jackson said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4hJxKpY4-Y

Shooter
06-16-2021, 11:04 PM
iS dAviS eVeN a tOp 10 bIg tHiS yEaR?

No more takes for you bro :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2021, 12:30 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1405368738409500672

:roll:

SouBeachTalents
06-17-2021, 12:33 AM

Yikes, and that's on top of the Clippers blowing 3 straight double digit leads up 3-1 last year

warriorfan
06-17-2021, 12:33 AM

Damn lol. There were probably some really nice live bets being cashed out.

Smoke117
06-17-2021, 12:35 AM
Doc Rivers has always been trash. The fakkot ruined the Point God's prime.

ClipperRevival
06-17-2021, 12:53 AM
Yes. He was the main reason we lost against Denver last year. Zero adjustments. Kept going with Zubac when he was a huge negative on both ends. He should've went with Jarmychal Green.

Smoke117
06-17-2021, 12:56 AM
Yes. He was the main reason we lost against Denver last year. Zero adjustments. Kept going with Zubac when he was a huge negative on both ends. He should've went with Jarmychal Green.

You're not a Clippers fan, fakkot. You never post about them. All you do is suck Jordan's dick.

1987_Lakers
06-17-2021, 12:57 AM
Holy shit, just getting home. I checked the score hours ago and saw that the Sixers were up big, didn't even bother to check the score later cause I thought they won. :oldlol:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2021, 12:58 AM
Holy shit, just getting home. I checked the score hours ago and saw that the Sixers were up big, didn't even bother to check the score later cause I thought they won. :oldlol:

Why would you do that after how game 4 ended? :biggums:

ClipperRevival
06-17-2021, 12:59 AM
Rivers was never an in-game adjuster. That's why he's responsible for so many blown leads. He's just a rah rah guy. That only takes you so far. At the elite level, you have to make the subtle, in-game adjustments.

1987_Lakers
06-17-2021, 01:00 AM
Why would you do that after how game 4 ended? :biggums:

Cause the probability of them blowing back to back leads like that are slim to none, but I underestimated how terrible Doc is.

ClipperRevival
06-17-2021, 01:03 AM
You're not a Clippers fan, fakkot. You never post about them. All you do is suck Jordan's dick.

I'm assuming the Jack is going down smooth tonight? :yaohappy:

Smoke117
06-17-2021, 01:06 AM
I'm assuming the Jack is going down smooth tonight? :yaohappy:

Been sober over a month. I don't even post when I drink anymore.

highwhey
06-17-2021, 01:07 AM
Been sober over a month. I don't even post when I drink anymore.

Keep it up, one day at a time :applause:

tanibanana
06-17-2021, 01:11 AM
Looking back, what could have Celtics achieved if they were lead by a better coach...

Wally450
06-17-2021, 10:39 AM
Looking back, what could have Celtics achieved if they were lead by a better coach...

The Celtics championship now holds more weight due to Doc. 13 years ago today. :rockon:

Manny98
06-17-2021, 11:52 AM
Hard to blame him when he's coaching the biggest choker in the NBA :lol

https://youtu.be/KRdPfgk14-M
https://youtu.be/KRdPfgk14-M

DoctorP
06-17-2021, 12:03 PM
I wonder what it is about Doc's style that promotes choking :lol

lakerstekkenn
06-17-2021, 12:23 PM
Was Rivers trying to let the players figure it out themselves ? copying Phil Jackson's approach to coaching ? because Doc should've adjusted to Atlanta's defense; instead of jacking up 3ree pointers Doc should've ran a different offense pick and roll cuts slashes attacking the rim getting fouls called then maintaining the lead by being aggressive getting the calls, instead Philly just ran the exact same offensive sets by posting up around the 3ree point line then trying to get a wide open 3ree pointer or Embid taking a jumper.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-17-2021, 03:02 PM
I saw Tobias Harris gave him a look last night like he wanted to slap the shit out of him.

https://deadspin.com/doc-rivers-head-coaching-days-must-end-1847119723

yeah doc should of retired after his celtics run was done, he would of been remembered fondly.

ImKobe
06-17-2021, 03:14 PM
Was Rivers trying to let the players figure it out themselves ? copying Phil Jackson's approach to coaching ? because Doc should've adjusted to Atlanta's defense; instead of jacking up 3ree pointers Doc should've ran a different offense pick and roll cuts slashes attacking the rim getting fouls called then maintaining the lead by being aggressive getting the calls, instead Philly just ran the exact same offensive sets by posting up around the 3ree point line then trying to get a wide open 3ree pointer or Embid taking a jumper.

It's tough. Embiid is the most dominant player in the league, but he doesn't have the conditioning to be dominant in the 4th quarter, so he shies away from attacking the paint and settles for jump shots. Ben Simmons is one of the best transition players in the league, but you can't give him the ball in the half court and expect him to attack the basket, because he's a horrible FT shooter, which means he's reluctant to attack, and teams are going to foul him on purpose because he's a sub-33% FT shooter (32.8%FT in 10 games now) in these Playoffs...

He has to run the offense more through Seth and Harris in crunch time, I'd bench Ben completely and only bring him in for defensive possessions, or bench Embiid and play Ben at the 5 & use him as a screener/roll man. We all knew they had a glaring weakness going into this season though. Once Jimmy left in '19, they didn't get another playmaker on their team. They had more than a year to address this issue and they simply didn't.

999Guy
06-17-2021, 03:18 PM
Doc Rivers has always been trash. The fakkot ruined the Point God's prime.

Probably. And tarnished Kawhi’s career-long impeccable reputation.

Now he’s ruining peak Embiid’s playoff run.

I mean, this could be some really bad luck, but I really don’t give him the benefit of the doubt. Something about his coaching opens teams up to horrible play at the end of games and series, I’m now gonna assume without any evidence.

ClipperRevival
06-17-2021, 09:21 PM
Probably. And tarnished Kawhi’s career-long impeccable reputation.

Now he’s ruining peak Embiid’s playoff run.

I mean, this could be some really bad luck, but I really don’t give him the benefit of the doubt. Something about his coaching opens teams up to horrible play at the end of games and series, I’m now gonna assume without any evidence.

The evidence is he doesn't adjust. Meaning if the opposite team is having success, he doesn't stop the bleeding. He's just a rah rah guy. He'll say the same bullsh*t in the huddle when things are going bad like, "we're OK, just keep fighting." How about actually adjusting? Never been an elite coach.

AngelEyes
06-17-2021, 09:29 PM
It's Budenholzer. Easily.