PDA

View Full Version : Question for 3ball and MJ fans

deathawaitu
06-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Majority of the public has Kobe cemented as a top 10 GOAT and general consensus a greater player than Lebron

Question: If Kobe won in 08 and completed his 2nd 3peat.
He and Jordan would be the only superstars to have achieved 2 3peats

Would Kobe entered top 3-5 in your books and be recognized sitting at the same table as Jordan?

Let me know your thoughts

SATAN
06-09-2021, 09:14 PM
Majority of the public are casuals who have never played a real game in their life.

paksat
06-09-2021, 09:24 PM
kobe would have entered my top 10 if that had happened, but what does this have to do with mj fans?

PeroAntic
06-09-2021, 09:27 PM
I will never get how people think you can 'complete' a threepeat by winning the first of potentially three titles in a row.

Yeah, I understand its a hypothetical, but you don't seem to get that by different outcomes the entire timeline changes. Meaning different trades, coaches, signings which then makes the next two rings a complete speculation. If Kobe wins in 2008, who knows what changes happen or don't happen to them or other teams.

Basically if Kobe wins in 2008 theres no guarantee they go on to win the next two, so any theory is null and void. But just to entertain the scenario, Kobe still has a finals loss in that case, his stats are worse than Jordan, he has three MVPs less, only one RS MVP, so he probably leapfrogs Magic, Bird, Shaq and Duncan, but is still below MJ, Kareem, Lebron, Wilt and Russell.

Shooter
06-09-2021, 10:10 PM
.469% Career high FG?

Yikes.

Mayyybe top 12?

deathawaitu
06-09-2021, 10:52 PM
.469% Career high FG?

Yikes.

Mayyybe top 12?

Higher than Lebron final win %

Ether slayed. Body bagged

Lebron stans just too ez

Shooter
06-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Higher than Lebron final win %

Ether slayed. Body bagged

Lebron stans just too ez
Finals MVPs

4 beats 2 baby boi :lol

Don't play

3ball
06-09-2021, 11:10 PM
He'd be top 5 if he won in 2008 because that Celtics team got better as the Playoffs went on and they were a legit super-team (pre-Garnett injury).

The Celtics he beat in 2010 were a shell

Kobe's ring quality is very high because only MJ and Kobe have more than 1 ring with "true" 2nd options (2nd options that never achieved elite 1st option stats in any series or FMVP)

Lebron23
06-09-2021, 11:19 PM
Finals MVPs

4 beats 2 baby boi :lol

Don't play

12thbe Bryant

Axe
06-10-2021, 02:55 AM
He'd be top 5 if he won in 2008 because that Celtics team got better as the Playoffs went on and they were a legit super-team (pre-Garnett injury).

Kobe's ring quality is very high because only MJ and Kobe have more than 1 ring with "true" 2nd options (2nd options that never achieved elite 1st option stats in any series or FMVP)
And they don't have any outside of phil's tutelage too.

3ball
06-10-2021, 03:21 AM
And they don't have any outside of phil's tutelage too.

Phil Jackson inherited a team on the cusp of the Finals

Specifically, the 89' Bulls had just taken the champs to 6 games in the ECF despite 10 on 40% from Pippen (Pippen basically missed the last 2 games of that series)

So they were already a Finals team if they had a remotely viable cast that could finish a series - Phil lost in 90' for the same reason Collins lost in 89' - Pippen quit when the series became tied..

Btw, guys like Marc Gasol were DPOY and won 55 games with 2nd Round loss... Ditto Lowry (55 wins with 2nd Round loss).. So everyone does it - the only reason Pippen got props for it is because it was such a shock, and thus a testament to MJ's dominance and carry-jobs.

Ultimately, the triangle is a 55-win offense if run to perfection, but only MJ or his clone (Kobe) could win with it.. Specifically, the offense put role players in optimal spots but still needed a bailout on 10-20% of possessions, so it was nothing for 50 years until it met the goat bailout artists it needed to win (MJ/Kobe) - then it won 11 rings in 18 years.

ImKobe
06-10-2021, 09:09 AM
.469% Career high FG?

Yikes.

Mayyybe top 12?

Playoffs

08-10
Kobe 29.8 PPG 5.5 AST 3.1 TO 56.9%TS

11-13
Lebron 26.7 PPG 6.0 AST 3.2 TO 57.5%TS

Lebron also played 2 more minutes per game.

:kobe:

RogueBorg
06-10-2021, 11:54 AM
Majority of the public has Kobe cemented as a top 10 GOAT and general consensus a greater player than Lebron

Question: If Kobe won in 08 and completed his 2nd 3peat.
He and Jordan would be the only superstars to have achieved 2 3peats

Would Kobe entered top 3-5 in your books and be recognized sitting at the same table as Jordan?

Let me know your thoughts

Yes. In your scenario he'd be 3rd right now in my book. Have you guys forgotten prime Kobe and how amazing he was? I'd take prime Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week and just about every other player's prime that's played this game except MJ and KAJ. Kobe was special, a stone cold killer who feared no one. The only reason his shooting percentages seem low is due to him playing in the toughest era and taking difficult shots outside. If you move outside 3ft he's a much better shooter than Lebron except from 3's. Regardless, even with 5 rings, I'd take Kobe over Lebron.

RogueBorg
06-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Kobe shooting by distance
https://i.ibb.co/HXFmtxP/Kobe-shooting.png

Lebron shooting by distance
https://i.ibb.co/nz7xcw1/Lebron-shooting-distance.png

BlackMamba8
06-10-2021, 12:23 PM

3Ball, who is in your Top 5 of all time? I know kobe is higher than Lebum for you, for me Kobe is 2nd GOAT always behind MJ

deathawaitu
06-10-2021, 01:37 PM

Thanks for your opinion 3ball

High IQ post as usual