PDA

View Full Version : Why is Tobias effin Harris the second option?

LAL
05-23-2021, 02:19 PM
When you have a three time all star superstar in Ben Simmons?

Tobias doing all the real work. Simmons dribbling around still scared to shoot.

Those all star selections should've gone to Harris.

imdaman99
05-23-2021, 02:35 PM
Because Tobias Harris is making max money. Harris is not a perrenial all star but gets paid like one. And this is the first time I've seen Harris go off in the playoffs

Kblaze8855
05-23-2021, 02:53 PM
Because a game recap to fans is almost nothing but scoring but the people who keep deciding he’s an all star(coaches) are watching film and seeing that play he put Beal in a straight jacket, forced the turnover, went coast to coast and found Harris who got fouled on the resulting layup.

Its all really clear.

Fans watch shots. Coaches watch basketball.

Hes literally assisted on 5 points while I typed that and stole it before I finished typing this very sentence and assisted on another 3.

Hes obviously gonna impress coaches more than the fans. Fans are ****ing stupid.

ImKobe
05-23-2021, 04:10 PM
It's not that simple, the Wizards obviously aren't giving Ben and Embiid as many looks and are willing to let anyone else beat them. Simmons is not a volume scorer because his game is limited. 3/9 FG 0/6 FTs is just embarrassing. He's great at everything other than scoring though, and played his ass off as a PG.

Kblaze8855
05-23-2021, 04:15 PM
I doubt he’s embarrassed having 6/15/15. I don’t think he cares. I’d be amused if he goes full Rodman and actively tries to have low scoring games. Average 6/12/9 just to piss people off.

fourkicks44
05-23-2021, 04:24 PM
Tobi deserved to be an All-Star this year.

He has had an outstanding season and a major reason why Philadelphia is the 1 seed.

Has been super consistent this season and starting to earn his money. If he can reach another level for the playoffs and the Sixers can make the Finals, that contract really ain't going to look as stupid.

r0drig0lac
05-23-2021, 04:33 PM
wtf

tontoz
05-23-2021, 04:43 PM
During the season Harris averaged 19.5 ppg with a 60% TS. I must have missed the memo stating that is bad for a 2nd option.

TAZORAC
05-23-2021, 06:03 PM
Because Ben Simmons can't shoot.

LAL
05-24-2021, 08:13 AM
Because a game recap to fans is almost nothing but scoring but the people who keep deciding he’s an all star(coaches) are watching film and seeing that play he put Beal in a straight jacket, forced the turnover, went coast to coast and found Harris who got fouled on the resulting layup.

Its all really clear.

Fans watch shots. Coaches watch basketball.

Hes literally assisted on 5 points while I typed that and stole it before I finished typing this very sentence and assisted on another 3.

Hes obviously gonna impress coaches more than the fans. Fans are ****ing stupid.

Tf? I was watching the game, i see and already know he does all those other things well, very well. I'm wondering why he gets all those all star selections while Harris is the team's true second option. It's not like this three time all star in Simmons had to make space for steph and kd on the team which turned him into a third option as a result. It's like Bird & Parish getting all star nods and Mchale doesn't. Kinda.

Can't shoot won't shoot.

rawimpact
05-24-2021, 08:27 AM
I've said it before

The 76ers will go as far as Ben Simmons potential -- which has been on the decline.

iamgine
05-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Even Magic Johnson was fourth in scoring. It's not uncommon for point guards.

Jasper
05-24-2021, 10:01 AM
he ain't scoring 40 in a game the rest of the series

Jasper
05-24-2021, 10:03 AM
I've said it before

The 76ers will go as far as Ben Simmons potential -- which has been on the decline.

If Simmons took 7 3 point attempts , it would change his game and the outlook of the 6er's
(even a fvckin' set shoot like Majic used)

PeroAntic
05-24-2021, 10:09 AM
It's not that simple, the Wizards obviously aren't giving Ben and Embiid as many looks and are willing to let anyone else beat them. Simmons is not a volume scorer because his game is limited. 3/9 FG 0/6 FTs is just embarrassing. He's great at everything other than scoring though, and played his ass off as a PG.

How the **** can an NBA all star player go 0/6 from the FT line smfh:facepalm

tontoz
05-24-2021, 11:24 AM
If Simmons took 7 3 point attempts , it would change his game and the outlook of the 6er's

Giannis has been taking 3s for years. How's that worked out? He is still wide open shooting bricks. Defenses aren't worried about him making 3s.

I would argue that Giannis should stop shooting 3s altogether unless it is at the end of the clock. He isn't a shooter. There is a reason he is open.

GOBB
05-24-2021, 02:31 PM
I've said it before

What’s on a decline? The 15 rebounds? The 15 assists to 2 turnovers? The defense? Fans have to get over this idea Ben will one day turn into this kick ass scorer. His best case scenario for shooting the ball is Giannis. Players who are aggressive offensively when thinking score have it already. Ben is finesss, he’s passive. He has a Rondo mentality when Robdo in Boston would have an open layup but entire time is thinking pass which he does. The problem is he’s 6’10 240+.

It’s time you and others accept Ben for what he is. Stop trying to force on him unrealistic expectations. Makes you look silly.

By the way he is a lock for first team all defense (again) and a top 3 finalist for DPOY. #decline

GOBB
05-24-2021, 02:35 PM
Giannis has been taking 3s for years. How's that worked out? He is still wide open shooting bricks. Defenses aren't worried about him making 3s.

I would argue that Giannis should stop shooting 3s altogether unless it is at the end of the clock. He isn't a shooter. There is a reason he is open.

Yep. The moment Ben starts shooting x amount of 3’s will be the moment the topic becomes “he needs to shoot” to “he needs to improve/stop shooting”. Giannis would be Bens ceiling. And I just don’t feel that puts any more pressure on a defense than what he’s doing right now. It’s not going to miraculously open up an offense. Defender will still give a shit shooter an open look. Draymond shoots and defenders not concerned.

GOBB
05-24-2021, 02:36 PM
Tobias like Ben are #3 options.

Mask the Embiid
05-24-2021, 02:39 PM

How’s all those 3’s working for giannis? Sure didn’t change a thing (insert laughing gif)

ShawkFactory
05-24-2021, 02:41 PM
Tf? I was watching the game, i see and already know he does all those other things well, very well. I'm wondering why he gets all those all star selections while Harris is the team's true second option. It's not like this three time all star in Simmons had to make space for steph and kd on the team which turned him into a third option as a result. It's like Bird & Parish getting all star nods and Mchale doesn't. Kinda.

Can't shoot won't shoot.

You answered your own question literally in the sentence before the bold...

Kblaze8855
05-24-2021, 05:59 PM

Can't shoot won't shoot.

If you can’t get your head around the difference between second option and second best player you don’t need to be here taking about basketball.

Clifton
05-24-2021, 09:54 PM
Looking at Ben Simmons, you expect him to be the Grant Hill to Lebron's Jordan. Maybe he will be some day. A slight change in mentality would do it. If he were on a different team, it might happen.

But right now he's Rudy Gobert, Ben Wallace, Jason Kidd, Dennis Rodman, just as much if not more than Grant Hill. He can't, or won't, score (amounts to the same thing). There are 60 guys in this league who could score 20ppg if you put the ball in their hands enough. Simmons is on the lower end of that list.

But he's the best defensive player in the league and is a 99th percentile passer. There's always a Jordan Clarkson type on waiver wire. Lou Williams makes 6 mil a year. It's not hard to find guys who can score the ball. Simmons got the Sixers a 1-seed even though Embiid missed a quarter of the season.

He's not what we'd like him to be, but he's his own man. His own kind of badass. He's decided what he is and he excels at those things. Lesser players try to be 'well rounded' and get pretty good at 10 things and end up being great at none of them. He's top-1 at one thing (defense) and top-10 at another (passing). Those are the two most important things in basketball that aren't scoring.

You just hope his mentality shifts just enough so that he starts dominating dudes in the post at least. He is a scoring liability in the halfcourt, alas...

tontoz
05-24-2021, 10:24 PM
For the record he is averaging 14 shooting 56%. That isn't great but it isn't Draymond level bad either.

Charlie Sheen
05-25-2021, 01:07 PM
You just hope his mentality shifts just enough so that he starts dominating dudes in the post at least. He is a scoring liability in the halfcourt, alas...

Sure you could say Ben is a liability.

How do you scheme for that without getting picked apart by the sixers though?
You play ben soft at the 3 point line and he's in the paint after 2 steps with very little resistance. That's all kinds of trouble.
Show a base defense that begins with a rotation off Ben's man, and doc will pick that apart.