PDA

View Full Version : Since April 10th, the Warriors have the best NET RTG in the NBA

hold this L
05-12-2021, 09:29 AM
https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DateFrom=04%2F10%2F2021&DateTo=05%2F14%2F2021

1st - NET RTG
1st - DEF RTG
9th - OFF RTG

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/L0zs_mjaA7c/maxresdefault.jpg
(couldn't upload the gif from this on reddit since website doesn't support any .gifv, Jeff please allow us to do this in the future :facepalm)

Dray has been balling the closer we get to the playoffs, even his shooting has gotten a lot better. The 8 man rotation is running a bit on fumes which has me worried, but they have balling since Wiseman went down & Oubre went to the bench (and missed game time). Oubre is coming back soon though which is needed for that depleted bench roster, on top of Lee, Paschal and maybe Jordan Bell is also coming back. Some much needed depth for rotations and send Mulder somewhere where a dark hole is located. Guy is up there as one of the worst defenders in the entire league. Having Poole, KO, Paschal, Lee as a 9-man rotation should hopefully improve that bench unit that has bled points this season. I know there is a solid chance Warriors lose in the play-in and it's a wrap, but I think they have enough to get into the playoffs. And then.. we'll see what happens. :pimp:

:rockon:

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2021, 09:40 AM
scary

LeCola
05-12-2021, 10:35 AM
I wonder what would happen if Klay is not injured.

Also, how good Klay would play next year. They would have:

Curry
Klay
Draymond
Wiggins
Oubre
Wiseman
Lottery pick from Minnesota

tontoz
05-12-2021, 10:55 AM
I wonder what would happen if Klay is not injured.

Also, how good Klay would play next year. They would have:

Curry
Klay
Draymond
Wiggins
Oubre
Wiseman
Lottery pick from Minnesota

Oubre will be gone next year. He is a UFA and there is no chance they resign him. They are in cap hell.

Manny98
05-12-2021, 11:46 AM
Wiseman is a bust

Warriors looking like a elite team in the West ever since he's gone down

LeCola
05-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Oubre will be gone next year. He is a UFA and there is no chance they resign him. They are in cap hell.

They could probably sign with Bird rights.

Maybe they can trade him during season just like Russell.

tontoz
05-12-2021, 12:32 PM
They could probably sign with Bird rights.

Maybe they can trade him during season just like Russell.

No. They have $160 million in salaries committed for next season. This year's luxury tax cutoff is $132.6 million lol.

I can say with absolute certainty he will walk this summer.

ImKobe
05-12-2021, 12:40 PM
I'll be honest. I'm ****ing scared of GSW in a play-in tournament. Portland and Dallas both have the tiebreaker as well, ****..

Wiseman is a bust

Imagine they drafted Melo.. what a terrible fking pick :facepalm

hold this L
05-12-2021, 12:57 PM
I'll be honest. I'm ****ing scared of GSW in a play-in tournament. Portland and Dallas both have the tiebreaker as well, ****..

Imagine they drafted Melo.. what a terrible fking pick :facepalm
Melo would have been perfect for the Warriors. They need another shooter and a 3rd playmaker, he would have been both of that. Then get some other big and the team would have been so much better. Melo with the second unit which has been bleeding points would have been amazing.

Bob has some questions to answer for his pick unless Wiseman turns into one of the best bigs in the league next season, which I don't see happening.

hold this L
05-12-2021, 03:25 PM
https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1392524296342315010

Steph & Dray were made to play with each other. Crowder picks up Dray to cover him for the eventual half court P&R. So Dray notices, moves the opposite way and points to Pool to go near Steph. This leaves a big covering a guard, and Ayton pushes for the double on Steph. Steph knows this since they've done this move 100s of times throughout the years, pull them both in, pass to Poole for a very important made 3 towards clutch time. Some guy on the twitter messages posted the same thing happening during the OKC series, but with Klay and Dray pointing it out.. 6 years ago. :applause: They're basically thinking 3 moves ahead in the matter of 2-3 seconds.

Warriors do this stuff all the time, micro manage the court because they have two quarterbacks controlling the offensive tempo of the game. Which is why I think the Lakers would be a disaster matchup for the Warrior over a 7 game series. Lebron also has a similar defensive IQ as Dray. Even though he's not as good as Dray defensively, he spots mismatches and communication plays like this all the time, notices switches and why I think he would constantly disrupt the Warriors. If the Warriors go too small, they could put Bummond, AD and Lebron to beat them with size, physicality and rebounds. If Warriors run them off the court, they have the x factor to play AD at center which is like when KD played "small ball" with the Warriors. It's not small ball, but you have the height to compete.

ImKobe
05-12-2021, 03:59 PM
Melo would have been perfect for the Warriors. They need another shooter and a 3rd playmaker, he would have been both of that. Then get some other big and the team would have been so much better. Melo with the second unit which has been bleeding points would have been amazing.

Bob has some questions to answer for his pick unless Wiseman turns into one of the best bigs in the league next season, which I don't see happening.

Yeah, I wanted to see him play with Curry in GS, I guess the Warriors FO didn't want to deal with Lavar, because Melo was a no-brainer at no.2 to me, especially with what the Warriors actually needed. You rarely see a young big come into the league and have great impact right away, usually takes a few years for them to adapt, which is not ideal when you have 3 aging stars on max deals. I think Wiseman will be a quality starter years from now and is a potential star, but I can't believe GS actually drafted him.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 04:00 PM
I think it has a lot to do with Oubre going away.

This makes curry/draymond officially be the best duo of the last 6 years.

This also makes Durant the biggest bitch in the league. They can replace you with the worst player in the league Oubre and still be a 37-40 win team which is equal to 47-50 wins in a normal season and they lost like 7 games when curry/dray were out. So close to a 55 win pace in a normal season.

And makes kawhi look great who was still able to beat curry/Dray/iggy with klay playing in 3 of those wins.

LeCola
05-12-2021, 04:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/LhNsynz/E1-KT8-VHX0-AAILI7-2.jpg

ImKobe
05-12-2021, 04:06 PM
I think it has a lot to do with Oubre going away.

This makes curry/draymond officially be the best duo of the last 6 years.

This also makes Durant the biggest bitch in the league. They can replace you with the worst player in the league Oubre and still be a 37-40 win team which is equal to 47-50 wins in a normal season and they lost like 7 games when curry/dray were out. So close to a 55 win pace in a normal season.

And makes kawhi look great who was still able to beat curry/Dray/iggy with klay playing in 3 of those wins.

Not really. Iggy was playing hurt after missing Game 4 of the WCF and Klay was hurt 2 games into the series and was having a legendary Game 6 performance before his injury. Warriors win Game 3 as well if he's there with Steph going off. Raptors got incredibly lucky in that series.

hold this L
05-12-2021, 04:16 PM
6 of the top 8 players were injured during the 2019 finals. Not that I can complain considering what happened in 2015, but I don't get the flex.

hold this L
05-12-2021, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I wanted to see him play with Curry in GS, I guess the Warriors FO didn't want to deal with Lavar, because Melo was a no-brainer at no.2 to me, especially with what the Warriors actually needed. You rarely see a young big come into the league and have great impact right away, usually takes a few years for them to adapt, which is not ideal when you have 3 aging stars on max deals. I think Wiseman will be a quality starter years from now and is a potential star, but I can't believe GS actually drafted him.

From what I heard from the Bay, there were rumors that was the reason they didn't go with him, but I have no idea if it's BS or not. I never watch college ball so I just knew about him because of Lavar (I know he played out of the US last year), so I had no knowledge except for some videos here and there. And what you said is exactly the issue. What happens if Wiseman turns into a great player 5 years from now, the main 3 guys will be washed (Klay might already be). Another big issue is that Wiseman doesn't fit playing wise with Steph. He's a lumbering big and doesn't move too much, Steph plays a system where everyone is moving on the court, making it interchangeable and hard to defend or attack against.

There was an interesting interview by Kerr a few days ago. He said Wiseman is an amazing talent and would do great in the league for years to come. The way he worded it is less 'great for us' and moreso 'great in the league' itself. Maybe it's nothing, but it could be a signal to teams that they may want to trade. He also said a month ago when asked specifically about Wiseman being tradeable that only Curry, Lebron, Giannis are untradeable in the entire league. I'm sure they've seen the massive numbers both on the def and off end in regards to how it's affected the team performance. Another weird thing is Wiseman said awhile back that he texts KD every single day on how to improve which was.. very weird thing that he does and very weird that he would say that. Clearly the guy doesn't know how to read a room if he says that out in the open.

https://i.ibb.co/LhNsynz/E1-KT8-VHX0-AAILI7-2.jpg
Funniest thing about this is that Curry shot like shit last night, and they still all went at him. One of the beat reporters said Dray was saying that's the best somebody defended Steph this season, which is interesting if Suns and Warriors end up playing each other 1st round. Curry shot like shit vs Washington as well as Pels in that loss in the 4th quarter, but I didn't think it was because of some elite defense. Curious what happens when both teams get refreshed as well.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Not really. Iggy was playing hurt after missing Game 4 of the WCF and Klay was hurt 2 games into the series and was having a legendary Game 6 performance before his injury. Warriors win Game 3 as well if he's there with Steph going off. Raptors got incredibly lucky in that series.

Lowry was playing hurt as well and needed thumb surgery as soon as the season ended. They blew out Warriors easily on their home court when Klay was healthy in game 4.

You can say the same thing about 2016 cavs anyway, except they were actually losing the series while raptors were never trailing in the series. If Draymond plays in game 5, they close the series out 4-1.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-12-2021, 04:33 PM
Wiseman is a bust

That's another factor i overlooked. Wiseman was having one of the worst rookie seasons for a lottery pick in NBA history. So the combination of Wiseman + Oubre gone is what did it.