PDA

View Full Version : Which year do you think was Jordan's worst bulls year in the 1990's outside of 1995

coastalmarker99
05-02-2021, 09:33 AM
This is a real tough one to answer as I actually don't know which season in the 1990s was his worst one as every one of them is outstanding.

As starting from 1990 he had a legendary 7-year run outside of 1995 that resulted in 6 titles and 6 finals MVPs to go along with a couple of regular-season MVPs.

1990 He was outstanding individually and if not for his teammates playing terrible in game 7 vs the Pistons in the ECF he might have gone on to the finals and won the whole thing vs Portland as he did in 1992.

1991 Might be Jordan's best playoff run

1992 he was outstanding individually once again this time winning the regular season Mvp and finals Mvp plus he also embarrassed Portland in the finals after beating a tough New York team in 7 games in the prior round.

1993 is Jordan's best-ever finals performance

1996 is the 72 win season in which he won the regular season Mvp and Finals Mvp.

1997 was a 69 win season despite Rodman missing a lot of games plus he embarrassed Malone who stole his rightful Mvp award in the finals.

1998 is his greatest carry job as he still won 62 games without Pippen for half the season plus he won the regular season Mvp and Finals Mvp with an old ageing Bulls team that was dealing with infighting for almost that entire season.

Shooter
05-02-2021, 11:32 AM
Well you are basically asking of his 15 year career, let's look at only 8 of the years and see where he did poorly.

MJ was a quitter so I'd first have to knock him for his departure in 1994. Talk about being soft, he quit on his team. QUIT.

Then his second major failure would be 99 where he quit. Again. Talk about being soft. he quit on his team. For a second time in 5 years. Drama queen.

His third failure would be 1995 where he tried to come back and got smacked in the 2nd round (only made it out of the 1st round because of Pippen).

His fourth failure would be 1990 where he registered the worst 3 point shooting result in league history. He made 5 of 30 3 pointer attempts, good for a paltry 16.7% 3point shooting.

His fifth failure was shitting the bed in the ECF 1990. He shot 46% and 28% from 3 (yikes). I guess Joe Dumars was too much for MJ.

His six failure would be his NBA Finals opponents. You couldn't pick a more anemic bunch of six Finals opponents than the ones MJ faced. The worst of the worst. Absolutely embarrassing. But other than those failures he had a good 7 year run :lol

mehyaM24
05-02-2021, 11:55 AM
1998 might have been a carry job, but jordan was an inferior player compared to 90-97. both athletically and in numbers.

Indian guy
05-02-2021, 12:01 PM
It's either '97 or '98. Statistically his worst regular season is '98. Worst postseason is '97. Since playoffs take higher precedence I'll go with '97. I thought he got a little too small that year and lost some of his strength and explosiveness. His FTA, FTR and at-rim percentages are all worst or 2nd worst of his Bulls run. Shot 51% at-rim. 52% TS in playoffs. Yikes. Clearly struggled to attack and finish like he normally did.

From an aesthetic standpoint I'd say 1993 is the worst. He looks exhausted from the B2B title runs + the Olympics. His least athletic version of the 90's.