PDA

View Full Version : Suns hit 40 wins already, 25 games above .500...

wagexslave
04-16-2021, 03:06 AM
Still waiting for some pre-season doubters of this team to eat some crow and come admit they were wrong. We're fighting with the Jazz 1 game back from the top record in the whole league, yet I definitely remember some users on here acting like we'd be fighting for #8 seed. I even remember a few people saying "who in the west are the Suns making the playoffs over?" lol yikes :facepalm:oldlol:

And they're only getting better. The young core isn't even in their primes. The CP3+Crowder mentorship has been huge in teaching them how to close out games and stay confident even when their back is against the wall. It's a joy to watch the defensive effort they're giving every single game, and the unselfish play on offense with constant ball movement keeping every last player in this deep ass 13 man rotation as involved as possible. After the painful last decade, it's so refreshing to see actual GOOD BASKETBALL in Phoenix again.

Axe
04-16-2021, 03:14 AM
I agree they should stop schleepin' on this team.

wagexslave
04-16-2021, 03:19 AM
I agree they should stop schleepin' on this team.

haha Damn I guess highway said it best. Maybe even I was schleepin' on them a bit. Shit I thought we'd be 4-6th seed and have more struggles with all the new players that joined learning to play together. Didn't think we'd be quite in the fight for #1.

Axe
04-16-2021, 03:20 AM
haha Damn I guess highway said it best. Maybe even I was schleepin' on them a bit. Shit I thought we'd be 4-6th seed and have more struggles with all the new players that joined learning to play together. Didn't think we'd be quite in the fight for #1.
Cp3 effect :cheers:

warriorfan
04-16-2021, 03:21 AM
Suns will never win shit. I would bookmark but this trash franchise isn’t even worthy.

mehyaM24
04-16-2021, 03:24 AM
with paul i'm wondering how they'll do in the playoffs. the west is pretty stacked dude - can they win a series?

HBK_Kliq_2
04-16-2021, 03:33 AM
Clippers would torch the suns 4-1. You better hope they don't meet in the second round.

Kawhi would average 34PPG on like 64% TS. Booker is a scrub compared to a guy like Kawhi

George would rain down 3's and average 27PPG

Rondo would out perform Chris Paul because Rondo has always been the superior playoff performer due to health, big game play, all around better at everything besides shooting).

wagexslave
04-16-2021, 03:37 AM
Suns will never win shit. I would bookmark but this trash franchise isn’t even worthy.

And yet people said the same exact type of things about the Warriors before Steph and Klay won a chip.

wagexslave
04-16-2021, 03:48 AM
Clippers would torch the suns 4-1. You better hope they don't meet in the second round.

Kawhi would average 34PPG on like 64% TS. Booker is a scrub compared to a guy like Kawhi

Rondo would out perform Chris Paul because Rondo has always been the superior playoff performer due to health, big game play, all around better at everything besides shooting).

If they meet in the playoffs and the Clippers won then so be it, I'm not really worried about it.

LAL
04-16-2021, 03:49 AM
I remember telling you guys cp3 has always been a top 10 player, every season. It's just you crazy media hype sheep, y'all can't focus.

wagexslave
04-16-2021, 04:06 AM
with paul i'm wondering how they'll do in the playoffs. the west is pretty stacked dude - can they win a series?

It's not gonna be easy for any teams in the West this year. Sh*ts gonna be crazy. But I like the way coach Monty has this team playing and had them playing in the bubble which was a win or go home type situation for them. This team plays hard on both sides of the ball and doesn't give up, and they believe they can beat anyone. They have the right mentality, we just need to see how they work out.

If they lose in the playoffs, then so be it. But no doubt in my mind they're gonna try their hardest, and that's what I ask for as a fan. Expect their bench to be a huge factor on if they win series or not. The Suns bench has the highest +/- in the entire NBA. When they're playing their best, it's very difficult to beat this team. And obviously defensive size/length/speed matchups will be a big factor that can give the other team a big advantage. The Suns have plenty of good defensive wings, but only have 1 good defensive athletic big in Ayton who actually has the potential to give good bigs like AD/Jokic/etc trouble. I expect teams to try to sub in their best bigs when Ayton is off the court a lot, or get Ayton switched off onto smaller guys. Ayton can defend smaller guys quite well, but, say, Bridges length on defense with his long ass arms is his best feature but it's only a big advantage when defending other guys close to his own size. So there's definitely some teams that we match up with better than others, but we'll see.

I wouldn't write off the Suns completely in any series the way they're playing. They surprise even me all the time.

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2021, 04:27 AM
I like them and feel very good for their success but, Im not sure Id even have them as favs going into a series with Dallas..

wagexslave
04-16-2021, 05:48 AM
I like them and feel very good for their success but, Im not sure Id even have them as favs going into a series with Dallas..

Fun fact: They swept Dallas this year and won like 8 out of their last 9 games against Dallas where Ayton was playing

MrFonzworth
04-16-2021, 06:44 AM
:schleeping:schleeping:schleeping

Axe
04-16-2021, 06:47 AM

All of a sudden this goddamned retard is propping up rondo these days.

highwhey
04-16-2021, 10:12 AM
:pimp:

Lebron23
04-16-2021, 10:16 AM
Chris Paul effect

highwhey
04-16-2021, 10:22 AM
just wondering why curry can't lead a team to a 1-8th playoff seed but a 35 year old CP3 can? :ohwell:

highwhey
04-16-2021, 10:24 AM
Ayton isn't even playing anywhere to his potential. his play has improved over the recent games, but we were winning games long before he found his stride. if we can improve our 3pt defense, and Ayton continues to play well, we'll be able to keep up with anyone in the league.

AirBonner
04-16-2021, 10:35 AM
We all know what happens to cp3 in the playoffs

tontoz
04-16-2021, 11:17 AM
Airtupac backfire thread trying to troll the Suns last year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?488455-Suns-have-0-wins-4-losses-in-2020-21-preseason

Bronbron23
04-16-2021, 12:01 PM

Stfu clown. pretty sure you were one of the ones saying suns wouldn't make playoffs earlier on this season. You never get anything right. Your dumbass probably still thinks curry has a chance at winning another chip :facepalm

Stanley Kobrick
04-16-2021, 12:01 PM
highway called it, how did he know

mehyaM24
04-16-2021, 12:16 PM
It's not gonna be easy for any teams in the West this year. Sh*ts gonna be crazy. But I like the way coach Monty has this team playing and had them playing in the bubble which was a win or go home type situation for them. This team plays hard on both sides of the ball and doesn't give up, and they believe they can beat anyone. They have the right mentality, we just need to see how they work out.

If they lose in the playoffs, then so be it. But no doubt in my mind they're gonna try their hardest, and that's what I ask for as a fan. Expect their bench to be a huge factor on if they win series or not. The Suns bench has the highest +/- in the entire NBA. When they're playing their best, it's very difficult to beat this team. And obviously defensive size/length/speed matchups will be a big factor that can give the other team a big advantage. The Suns have plenty of good defensive wings, but only have 1 good defensive athletic big in Ayton who actually has the potential to give good bigs like AD/Jokic/etc trouble. I expect teams to try to sub in their best bigs when Ayton is off the court a lot, or get Ayton switched off onto smaller guys. Ayton can defend smaller guys quite well, but, say, Bridges length on defense with his long ass arms is his best feature but it's only a big advantage when defending other guys close to his own size. So there's definitely some teams that we match up with better than others, but we'll see.

I wouldn't write off the Suns completely in any series the way they're playing. They surprise even me all the time.

i like the optimism bud. you seem like a dedicated and rational fan. time will tell, but we agree having paul as your quarterback wont hurt their chances.

highwhey
04-16-2021, 12:43 PM
Airtupac backfire thread trying to troll the Suns last year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?488455-Suns-have-0-wins-4-losses-in-2020-21-preseason

that clown must be back in his rathole.

Bronbron23
04-16-2021, 01:35 PM
i like the optimism bud. you seem like a dedicated and rational fan. time will tell, but we agree having paul as your quarterback wont hurt their chances.

Cp is nice and is one of the best at dragging a medium team to the playoffs like bron. Not sure he can take a good team all the way though. He's an old 6'2 gaurd. They generally don't win chips as their teams best player. As far as i know Only 2 did it in their prime and that's steph and isiah thomas and they both had championship defenses behind them. Cp dosn't have that

mehyaM24
04-16-2021, 01:39 PM
Cp is nice and is one of the best at dragging a medium team to the playoffs like bron. Not sure he can take a good team all the way though. He's an old 6'2 gaurd. They generally don't win chips as their teams best player. As far as i know Only 2 did it in their prime and that's steph and isiah thomas and they both had championship defenses behind them. Cp dosn't have that

doubt the suns go all the way either. but winning a series isn't out of the equation. depending on where their bracket is, i could see them beating a team like dallas or portland.

Bronbron23
04-16-2021, 02:38 PM
doubt the suns go all the way either. but winning a series isn't out of the equation. depending on where their bracket is, i could see them beating a team like dallas or portland.

Yeah i could definitely see them beating anyone other than lakers and clippers if they're both healthy

ImKobe
04-16-2021, 02:49 PM

Suns are 5th in pts allowed & DRTG, they're good enough defensively (2018 Rockets were 6th in DRTG). To be fair, his best Playoff runs have been ruined by injuries or with his team being on the losing end of a close game that either ended or shifted the series, which hasn't always been all his fault. He's beat some contenders and would have likely won it all in 2018, if not for a season-ending injury.

Bronbron23
04-16-2021, 03:34 PM
Suns are 5th in pts allowed & DRTG, they're good enough defensively (2018 Rockets were 6th in DRTG). To be fair, his best Playoff runs have been ruined by injuries or with his team being on the losing end of a close game that either ended or shifted the series, which hasn't always been all his fault. He's beat some contenders and would have likely won it all in 2018, if not for a season-ending injury.

I don't really disagree with any of this the only problem is there's alwsys gonna be someone as good who's bigger and bigger longer players still dominate. It's hard for small gaurds to impact the game as much as bigger, taller players. Especially ones who more athletic. Cp competes with them as good as anyone but it's not a fair fight. Someone like bron does everything cp does but a bit better because he's bigger, taller and more athletic.

ImKobe
04-16-2021, 03:58 PM
I don't really disagree with any of this the only problem is there's alwsys gonna be someone as good who's bigger and bigger longer players still dominate. It's hard for small gaurds to impact the game as much as bigger, taller players. Especially ones who more athletic. Cp competes with them as good as anyone but it's not a fair fight. Someone like bron does everything cp does but a bit better because he's bigger, taller and more athletic.

Agreed, though I do think this is the perfect era for small guards, I'd give them a good shot this year with all the injuries. You'll see more guys with Paul's size dominate in the coming years due to the nature of the game.

Full Court
04-16-2021, 06:46 PM
This year's finals: Suns vs. Heat.

Bronbron23
04-16-2021, 07:17 PM
Agreed, though I do think this is the perfect era for small guards, I'd give them a good shot this year with all the injuries. You'll see more guys with Paul's size dominate in the coming years due to the nature of the game.

Yeah true. The rules definitely favor the perimeter player

Axe
04-16-2021, 10:10 PM
This year's finals: Suns vs. Heat.
The heat won't make it to the finals this time lmfao.