PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Edwards and Jaden Mcdaniels are gonna be the new mj and Pippen

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Calling it now. Offensively Edwards has no weaknesses and he's as Athletic as anyone the game has ever seen. He'll be a 30 point scorer in another year or 2 which would only make him 22. Don't think he'll be as good as mj on the other side of the ball but the potential is there to be a good defender also.

Mcdaniels isn't on alot of people radar because his stats aren't amazing and that's all casuals understand. His on ball defense is next level though. He'll easily be a multiple first team defender and wouldn't be surprised if he gets a dpoy at some point. He's built and moves alot like pip. He needs to add some muscle like pip did but that will come. Offensively he can shoot the 3 and mid but again needs to get stronger to be an effective finisher. Once he does i can easily see him averaging 19-22pts a game similar to what pip did.

Both are crazy young and need a few years to develop but once they do they'll be the best duo in the league. Book it.

3ball
04-01-2021, 03:09 PM
He has some Jordan qualities but he lacks some fundamentals that ultimately made Jordan more explosive (drop-step power) and also lacks the sophisticated jump-stop footwork of a Jordan, and lacks Jordan's goat elevation on jumpshots... I can post gifs of shit Edwards can't do (drop-step power, hop-step wizardry, elevation on jumper).. he also lacks the quickness or first step of Jordan

He's a nice player though

As for Pippen, anyone can mimic Pippen's prime production - you don't need a star to do that

RRR3
04-01-2021, 03:14 PM
I challenge you to find me a player who was ever as bad as Edwards is this year who became a superstar.

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 08:11 PM
He has some Jordan qualities but he lacks some fundamentals that ultimately made Jordan more explosive (drop-step power) and also lacks the sophisticated jump-stop footwork of a Jordan, and lacks Jordan's goat elevation on jumpshots... I can post gifs of shit Edwards can't do (drop-step power, hop-step wizardry, elevation on jumper).. he also lacks the quickness or first step of Jordan

He's a nice player though

As for Pippen, anyone can mimic Pippen's prime production - you don't need a star to do that

Yeah i Don't think he'll be as good as mj. Even if he can be close that's pretty special. As far as pip we'll have to just disagree. The things him and mcdaniels can do defensively dosn't always show on the stat sheet but it can imoact the game just as much as some star players who score alot.

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 08:12 PM
I challenge you to find me a player who was ever as bad as Edwards is this year who became a superstar.

Bad? He’s 19 dude. He's doing shit only bron had done at that age.

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2021, 08:14 PM
Towns is Stacey King? Russell is BJ Armstrong?

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Towns is Stacey King? Russell is BJ Armstrong?

Im not a towns fan but that's giving king to much credit. The russell and bj comparison is alright though. Russell fans wouldn't like it but if russell was on a championship team he'd be coming off the bench 100%

FireDavidKahn
04-01-2021, 10:39 PM
Jaden McDaniels is a defensive wizard. his offensive numbers don't come close to doing how good he is on the other end to make up for it.

LeCola
04-01-2021, 10:41 PM

Carmelo?
Durant?
Doncic?

3ball
04-01-2021, 11:03 PM
The things him and mcdaniels can do defensively dosn't always show on the stat sheet but it can impact the game just as much as some star players who score alot[/B].

^^^ that's a common misperception among media and other fans with weak understanding of the game.

The Bulls had the #7 team defense during the 1st three-peat, including inferior defenses in 2 of 3 Finals and 2 of 3 ECF.

So the poor defense of teammates apparently offset Pippen's good defense, which resulted in the #7 team defense - this shows that individual defense is less impactful than a 2nd option scoring role (there's only one such role).

Ultimately, Pippen's peak of 22 ppg is 6 to 10 points less than elite 1st options like Wade, AD, Kobe, Curry, etc - so he was a true 2nd option, and therefore inferior to the elite 1st option sidekicks that every other top 10 player enjoyed..

Only Jordan lacked an elite 1st option sidekick - he was stuck with Pippen and an inferior team defense.

RRR3
04-01-2021, 11:10 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:yaohappy:

He basically takes the same number of shots as he scores points. He’s hideously bad.

FireDavidKahn
04-01-2021, 11:12 PM
Carmelo?
Durant?
Doncic?

He's the first teenager in NBA history to score over 100 points in a 3 game span

35 ppg on 49%/38%/70%
5 rpg
2 apg
1.3 spg

Over that span

:confusedshrug:

His flashes he shows are really, really, really high in terms of being an incredible scorer/initiator.

imdaman99
04-01-2021, 11:15 PM
:lol Mcdaniels played great D on Randle, can't front. KAT has some talent around him going forward. Gotta start winning.

Proctor
04-01-2021, 11:15 PM
Edwards is fool's gold. He's a more athletic Dion Waiters.

RRR3
04-01-2021, 11:17 PM
Edwards is trash. He's a more athletic Dion Waiters.
High IQ post. Dude is taking away shots from KAT when he’s one of the least efficient players in the league. Massive ego obviously smh

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 11:22 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:yaohappy:

He basically takes the same number of shots as he scores points. He’s hideously bad.

He did in the first half of the season. He's young and learning and has looked better and been more efficient recently. He has all the tools. It's easy to see He's gonna be a superstar for years to come. Not surprised u don't see it.

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 11:26 PM
^^^ that's a common misperception among media and other fans with weak understanding of the game.

The Bulls had the #7 team defense during the 1st three-peat, including inferior defenses in 2 of 3 Finals and 2 of 3 ECF.

So the poor defense of teammates apparently offset Pippen's good defense, which resulted in the #7 team defense - this shows that individual defense is less impactful than a 2nd option scoring role (there's only one such role).

Ultimately, Pippen's peak of 22 ppg is 6 to 10 points less than elite 1st options like Wade, AD, Kobe, Curry, etc - so he was a true 2nd option, and therefore inferior to the elite 1st option sidekicks that every other top 10 player enjoyed..

Only Jordan lacked an elite 1st option sidekick - he was stuck with Pippen and an inferior team defense.

Dude i can't take you seriously when u talk this shit. I don't care about stats or numbers. Anyone who watched the bulls unbiased could see the impact pip had on a game. Mcdaniels has that same potential.

3ball
04-01-2021, 11:26 PM

He takes 6 threes a game at 30% (nearly half his shots)

So his repertoire is actually quite weak - he's just another gather-stepper benefitting from the spacing - that's all he's good at and that's all any young player today is good at

Today's game is a joke for letting guys take half their attempts at threes on 30%

Bronbron23
04-01-2021, 11:31 PM
Carmelo?
Durant?
Doncic?

Yeah those guys were dope too. Wasn't talking specifically numbers. Just overall with how they can dominate periodically with their strength and athleticism. You could see flashes from bron right away even though as a teenager he wasn't the best in the league. I see the same with edwards.

FireDavidKahn
04-02-2021, 12:16 AM

So his repertoire is actually quite weak - he's just another gather-stepper benefitting from the spacing - that's all he's good at and that's all any young player today is good at

Today's game is a joke for letting guys take half their attempts at threes on 30%

This is what looking at stats only shows you.

Edwards has a lot of great moves he uses to get into the lane with. He often chooses to settle but some of his skills are already elite.

Taking and settling for bad shots doesn't mean that is all he can do.

Dude needs to learn

3ball
04-02-2021, 04:01 PM
Dude i can't take you seriously when u talk this shit. I don't care about stats or numbers. Anyone who watched the bulls unbiased could see the impact pip had on a game. Mcdaniels has that same potential.

Pippen wasn't a topic back then. No one talked about him or tracked his play, so he was treated like a role player much of the time and not given any credit.

Then once in a while the media would feel bad and do a piece on Pippen extolling his glue guy virtues.

But no one noticed when Dominique and Willis destroyed him in 93', while Jordan carried the team to victory.

No one noticed when Schrempf and Kemp destroyed Pippen in the 96' Finals, while Pippen was worst-ever...

And to this day, the 92' ECSF is characterized as an unexpected performance by the underdog Knicks, instead of an utter destruction of Pippen by X-man, which caused a 7 game series... Why do you think X-man was talking so much sh*t in Game 7 and Pippen got rattled???? .. he knew that he owned Pippen the entire series, and was letting Pippen know about it, until MJ famously stepped in to save Pippen by getting in X-man's face.

But again, no one noticed or cared about Pippen's consistently-poor play because he was ultimately perceived as a role player and the Bulls were viewed as a 1-man team

Bronbron23
04-02-2021, 04:45 PM
Pippen wasn't a topic back then. No one talked about him or tracked his play, so he was treated like a role player much of the time and not given any credit.

Then once in a while the media would feel bad and do a piece on Pippen extolling his glue guy virtues.

But no one noticed when Dominique and Willis destroyed him in 93', while Jordan carried the team to victory.

No one noticed when Schrempf and Kemp destroyed Pippen in the 96' Finals, while Pippen was worst-ever...

And to this day, the 92' ECSF is characterized as an unexpected performance by the underdog Knicks, instead of an utter destruction of Pippen by X-man, which caused a 7 game series... Why do you think X-man was talking so much sh*t in Game 7 and Pippen got rattled???? .. he knew that he owned Pippen the entire series, and was letting Pippen know about it, until MJ famously stepped in to save Pippen by getting in X-man's face.

But again, no one noticed or cared about Pippen's consistently-poor play because he was ultimately perceived as a role player and the Bulls were viewed as a 1-man team

I dont know. I remember tv guys bringing up the importance of pip. Mj was definitely the way bigger deal though.

Ghost1
04-02-2021, 04:51 PM
anthony edwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxSb0xAeA1A

SATAN
04-02-2021, 07:48 PM

You are mentally ill. All the non MJ stans I knew back then liked Pippen.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2021, 08:34 PM
I dont know. I remember tv guys bringing up the importance of pip. Mj was definitely the way bigger deal though.

Yep Pippen was overrated even then

warriorfan
04-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Bronbron23iq

Bronbron23
04-02-2021, 09:34 PM
Bronbron23iq

We'll see time will tell. I'm right on this forum more often then not. Your bitch ass should know though because I've been schooling your ass on curry for awhile now. Don't make me bring up old threads bitch

warriorfan
04-02-2021, 09:38 PM
We'll see time will tell. I'm right on this forum more often then not. Your bitch ass should know though because I've been schooling your ass on curry for awhile now. Don't make me bring up old threads bitch

You are a retarded ******.

Axe
04-02-2021, 09:42 PM
Another lonely friday night for the welfarefan. Nothing unusual. :ohwell:

Bronbron23
04-02-2021, 09:47 PM
You are a retarded ******.

How am i a fakkit when you have as many bitches as curry has fmvp's:facepalm

Bronbron23
04-02-2021, 09:48 PM

Yeah unfortunately for him patheticness dosnt discriminate

warriorfan
04-02-2021, 09:50 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/ydbm2vjq/11-E9-D1-DD-027-A-4976-BB3-E-EA90494-A9849.jpg

Another lonely year for little axe.

Lmao. No job, no women, no friends. Nice life bro. :oldlol:

Axe
04-02-2021, 09:54 PM
:sleeping

https://i.postimg.cc/XYXkL99r/Capture11.png

"Mr. Lenchiner, if you'd please?"

🤕
👉👈

:roll:

SATAN
07-21-2024, 12:38 AM
lol

plowking
07-21-2024, 02:33 AM

Terrible talent evaluation as per usual from 3ball.

Say some buzz words and go from there.

FireDavidKahn
07-21-2024, 03:25 PM

:roll::roll:

FireDavidKahn
07-21-2024, 03:25 PM
High IQ post. Dude is taking away shots from KAT when he’s one of the least efficient players in the league. Massive ego obviously smh

RRR3
07-21-2024, 03:56 PM
Ant has yet to have a season at league average efficiency :eek:

ILLsmak
07-21-2024, 04:44 PM
SHANNON

-Smak

FireDavidKahn
07-21-2024, 05:35 PM
Ant has yet to have a season at league average efficiency :eek:

Just an L take.

Own it and move on;)

RRR3
07-21-2024, 05:41 PM
Just an L take.

Own it and move on;)
I was wrong about him not becoming a star, I'll own that but he still absolutely shoots more than he should.