PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Tanking

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 01:03 PM
Tanking is a shameful practice, and I have the ultimate solution for it.

Instead of the worst teams getting the top draft picks, the best teams should get the top draft picks.

That way teams will not have an incentive to play poorly, and will instead have an incentive to actually try to be as good as possible.

In my firm opinion, this is the best solution by far.

Gohan
03-28-2021, 01:10 PM
Lebron would actually win the championships instead of just making it to the finals if that happens

Mauzah
03-28-2021, 03:31 PM
Tanking shameful.

Colluding honorable.

Got it. Thanks.

warriorfan
03-28-2021, 03:43 PM
I’m the second poster in this thread.

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 03:53 PM
Tanking shameful.

Colluding honorable.

Got it. Thanks.

Players are allowed to talk to each other in the off-season and make plans to play together.

Stop being a little bitch.

Mauzah
03-28-2021, 04:12 PM
Players are allowed to talk to each other in the off-season and make plans to play together.

Stop being a little bitch.

Nothing more bitch made than calling up your friends because you can't get it done yourself

bison
03-28-2021, 04:17 PM
I’m the third poster in this thread

Full Court
03-28-2021, 04:46 PM
I don't necessarily like the idea of the best, already stacked teams getting the top draft picks either though. Maybe it should be completely random with all teams having the same odds regardless of record.

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 05:09 PM
I don't necessarily like the idea of the best, already stacked teams getting the top draft picks either though. Maybe it should be completely random with all teams having the same odds regardless of record.

Nope.

It's important to reward teams for actually trying to be competitive and be as good as possible.

AKA_AAP
03-28-2021, 05:26 PM
So the teams that work the hardest and do the best get rewarded? That doesn't sound very woke...

Bay Area Baller
03-28-2021, 05:54 PM
Or all teams have the same % chance at the picks. Makes more sense then rewarding bad play.

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 06:30 PM
So the teams that work the hardest and do the best get rewarded? That doesn't sound very woke...

It is very woke, you goddam pha.ggot.

The teams that actually try to be as good as possible get the high draft picks.

Xiao Yao You
03-28-2021, 06:31 PM
I like the one that's been discussed by the league in the past where every team gets the top pick. Once every 30 years

Mr. Woke
Or all teams have the same % chance at the picks. Makes more sense then rewarding bad play.

It makes more sense to reward teams that actually try to win lol.

Mr. Woke
I like the one that's been discussed by the league in the past where every team gets the top pick. Once every 30 years

Nope.

The teams that actually try to win get the high draft picks.

Xiao Yao You
03-28-2021, 06:38 PM
Nope.

The teams that actually try to win get the high draft picks.

Teams will be trying to win if there's no incentive to lose. Also once all 30 teams have a gleague team and they have a real minor league there would be no reason to have to play young guys that aren't ready

AKA_AAP
03-28-2021, 07:41 PM
It is very woke, you goddam pha.ggot.

The teams that actually try to be as good as possible get the high draft picks.

That's a very Republican stance.

gonzaldo
03-28-2021, 08:12 PM
so the best team keeps getting better and if you are at the bottom you are more or less screwed forever.

let say they implemented it in 1992 - so chicago gets shaq. then in 1997 they get duncan. how many consecutive titles - 10 or more?

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 10:01 PM
That's a very Republican stance.

Not at all, you dumbass pinhead.

It's simply a logical stance.

Mr. Woke
03-28-2021, 10:02 PM
so the best team keeps getting better and if you are at the bottom you are more or less screwed forever.

let say they implemented it in 1992 - so chicago gets shaq. then in 1997 they get duncan. how many consecutive titles - 10 or more?

Teams need to have incentive to try hard every year instead of tanking like a bunch of sissy boys.

Jay-B
03-28-2021, 11:30 PM
You got this all wrong, the way you stop tanking is by giving the number 1 pick to the best NONE playoff team and so on down. That way you keep it fair and it stops tanking

Axe
03-28-2021, 11:50 PM
Meanwhile, steph curry has decided to sit out already with a butt injury he got in toyota center versus houston. And it just happened after 40 games into the season. :ohwell:

AKA_AAP
03-29-2021, 01:23 AM
Not at all, you dumbass pinhead.

It's simply a logical stance.

Centrists and Conservatives take logical stances. Communists, liberals, and woke people take emotional stances

Lebron23
03-29-2021, 02:49 AM

Jordan ruined Kwame Brown.

light
03-29-2021, 02:53 AM

Instead of the worst teams getting the top draft picks, the best teams should get the top draft picks.

That way teams will not have an incentive to play poorly, and will instead have an incentive to actually try to be as good as possible.

You didn't think this through.

TheGoatest
03-29-2021, 07:02 AM

I like this. If the top teams got the top picks, then the picks would "trickle down" to the less prosperous teams - something that's been proven to work.

nayte
03-29-2021, 08:06 AM
An old stupid idea. Tho rotating the draft picks does have a bit of merit

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 11:45 AM
You got this all wrong, the way you stop tanking is by giving the number 1 pick to the best NONE playoff team and so on down. That way you keep it fair and it stops tanking

Nope.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 11:45 AM
Centrists and Conservatives take logical stances. Communists, liberals, and woke people take emotional stances

Wrong.

It's the other way around.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 11:46 AM
You didn't think this through.

Yes I did, retard.

Mr. Woke
03-29-2021, 11:46 AM
I like this. If the top teams got the top picks, then the picks would "trickle down" to the less prosperous teams - something that's been proven to work.

Teams need to have an incentive to play well instead of tanking.

Ainosterhaspie
03-29-2021, 12:34 PM
Giving the top pick to the top team basically guarantees the same teams will be good every year, and the worst teams would have almost no chance at improving. It's not even rewarding teams for making good decisions. They almost have to try to become bad, and no matter how talented the front office and how hard they try, the teams lower down will be stuck with virtually no way to improve. As bad as tanking teams are now, they'd probably be even worse relative to the top teams under this system.

I'd be more in favor of teams in the middle of the rankings getting the top picks. Something like the 6-10 seeds having a lottery tournament every year after they're eliminated. Top players get top picks. Now the low end teams have no incentive to tank.