PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Andre Drummond is signing with the Lakers

bobopenguin
03-27-2021, 11:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Vfv3Sv5l.png

The Lakers are reportedly signing center Andre Drummond after he clears waivers.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-27-2021, 11:57 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/l3vR4vEngyesMbeBG/giphy.gif

Axe
03-27-2021, 11:57 PM
What is so special with him?

LBJ
03-28-2021, 12:04 AM
Lovely. The best defensive team in NBA just got better in defense.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-28-2021, 12:05 AM

LA's hoping he can fill Dwight's role.

Haven't seen much of Drummond this year, but he's averaging 18/14. Should be an upgrade over a decrepit Gasol.

Kingwillball
03-28-2021, 12:05 AM

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1376018528197877761?s=20

kawhileonard2
03-28-2021, 12:08 AM
Didn't have to play the Clippers nor Bucks last year. Now maybe avoid Clippers and Nets this year.

RRR3
03-28-2021, 12:08 AM

Haven't seen much of Drummond this year, but he's averaging 18/14. Should be an upgrade over a decrepit Gasol.
Check out his efficiency bro that 18 is pretty empty.

Kingwillball
03-28-2021, 12:10 AM
Drummond not a great shooter outside paint but one thing he is good at besides rebounding is on offense he is good off the dribble for big will be able to create his own shot at times but of course Lebron and AD around will get him a lot of easy baskets on lobs and cuts.

Xiao Yao You
03-28-2021, 12:30 AM

Don't be so sure. They got bigger and better at rebounding

Patrick Chewing
03-28-2021, 12:51 AM

He’s the best rebounder in the game.

Cyrus334
03-28-2021, 01:25 AM
Source?

TheGoatest
03-28-2021, 02:52 AM
Don't be so sure. They got bigger and better at rebounding

He's certainly not Ben Wallace, but he is an above average defensive center/big man.
Now the Lakers need to try to get Avery Bradley back.

72-10
03-28-2021, 11:48 AM
this is news to me

At the rate he's going Andre will set some sort of statistical record. His stat sheets should be nuts in the fast-paced Western Conference.

jayfan
03-28-2021, 12:19 PM

Then they'll be disappointed.

An argument can be made that Dwight Howard was the mvp of the Denver series. He bullied Jokic and threw him off his game. Completely neutralized him.

Drummond's not giving them that.

TheGoatest
03-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Then they'll be disappointed.

An argument can be made that Dwight Howard was the mvp of the Denver series. He bullied Jokic and threw him off his game. Completely neutralized him.

Drummond's not giving them that.

You're kidding, right? I mean, you're obviously trolling about the "MVP of the series" part, but I mean kidding as in saying that Dwight had a particularly good Denver series at all.

Did you even watch that series? I remember one of the late games in the series the Lakers were cruising to a win, but then Dwight commits the most IDIOTIC technical on Millsap, which completely shifted the momentum from a cruise control Lakers W all in Denver's favor. The Lakers won that game in the end, but they had to grind it out.

Anyway, Marc Gasol will do a sufficient job of guarding Jokic/Embiid should they meet in the series.

Spurs m8
03-28-2021, 12:54 PM
This shameless f@ggot stacking the deck, again.

Imagine thinking this is GOAT behaviour hahahah

Replay32
03-28-2021, 12:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Vfv3Sv5l.png

ohhh noice~!
finally a good news!!

Source?

jayfan
03-28-2021, 01:17 PM
You're kidding, right? I mean, you're obviously trolling about the "MVP of the series" part, but I mean kidding as in saying that Dwight had a particularly good Denver series at all.

Did you even watch that series? I remember one of the late games in the series the Lakers were cruising to a win, but then Dwight commits the most IDIOTIC technical on Millsap, which completely shifted the momentum from a cruise control Lakers W all in Denver's favor. The Lakers won that game in the end, but they had to grind it out.

Anyway, Marc Gasol will do a sufficient job of guarding Jokic/Embiid should they meet in the series.

Big picture items seem to escape you.

Replay that series without Howard, and Denver may well have won.

TheGoatest
03-28-2021, 01:30 PM
Big picture items seem to escape you.

Replay that series without Howard, and Denver may well have won.

Just like he could've let Denver back into the series with that idiotic technical, which he has had tons of. He was constantly walking a thin line between hurting the Lakers with his technical fouls on defense and moving screens on offense and helping them with good rim protection and rebounding. You apparently only saw the latter.

GOBB
03-28-2021, 01:35 PM
This shameless f@ggot stacking the deck, again.

Imagine thinking this is GOAT behaviour hahahah

Wait how is Bron at fault for a guy choosing who he wants to play for? Keep in mind his former team bought him out and at one point stopped playing him. Blame Bron for a guy deciding to play for a winning team and say nothing about the franchise who let him go. Solid.

Most kids or people who were kids that had a choice between two groups usually went with the popular one, the one who won/was successful. Heck teens do it when picking colleges. The #1 player in football is not going to pick Temple Univ over Alabama, Clemson etc

Im Still Ballin
03-28-2021, 01:57 PM
[Wojnarowski] Once Andre Drummond clears waivers at 5 PM ET, he intends to sign with the Lakers, his agent Jeff Schwartz of @excelbasketball tells ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1376229246885105664

LBJ
03-28-2021, 01:58 PM
League is toast. Drummond in his prime, not washed up ala Griffin/Aldridge

Kiddlovesnets
03-28-2021, 02:01 PM
Lebron needs more help, again as title favorite and no excuse not to win.

LBJ
03-28-2021, 02:05 PM

get lost. Not our problem, your team only cares about offense and hired noobs like Nash/Antoni as head coaches on top of it.

Kiddlovesnets
03-28-2021, 02:06 PM
get lost. Not our problem, your team only cares about offense and hired noobs like Nash/Antoni as head coaches on top of it.

Not saying its a problem, just dont brag about Lebron's title if he wins since the Lakers are favorite to win, and this is a serious letdown if he loses since its below expectation not to win when you are favored to win.

GOBB
03-28-2021, 02:07 PM

No one is afraid of Drummond on the Sixers. Just means Davis can continue not guarding Embiid on defense.

LBJ
03-28-2021, 02:09 PM
Not saying its a problem, just dont brag about Lebron's title if he wins since the Lakers are favorite to win, and this is a serious letdown if he loses since its below expectation not to win when you are favored to win.

Good, I see you peeing on your paints not daring to call your Nets the favorite. Not surprisingly, the Nets have been losers forever and will remain so.

Im Still Ballin
03-28-2021, 02:12 PM
Start Drummond, and have Gasol play minutes with Trezz off the bench. I think it can work, as Marc is a 3pt shooter, while Montrezl is a roller. Defensively, it could be a problem? Not sure. Does Harrell have the footspeed to keep up with PFs?

Kiddlovesnets
03-28-2021, 02:12 PM
Good, I see you peeing on your paints not daring to call your Nets the favorite. Not surprisingly, the Nets have been losers forever and will remain so.

The Lakers were pre-season favorites, and remained as favorites after Harden trade:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_preseason_odds.html
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926815-2021-nba-championship-odds-nets-betting-line-spikes-after-james-harden-trade

So yeah for the Lakers, its ring or bust as title favorite, no excuse if it doesnt happen. Though bad news for you, Lebron went only 3/6 in his championship favorite years, as I've explained in this thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?491445-Season-by-Season-analysis-MJ-vs-Lebron-on-pre-season-odds-amp-finishes

AirBonner
03-28-2021, 02:21 PM
Drummond has some of the worst hands for a big. Prepare for lots of turnovers lol

LoneyROY7
03-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Brooklyn vs. Los Angeles. The generation's best colliding.

How sweet it is.

Hey Yo
03-28-2021, 02:29 PM

LOL @ thinking a title means less if your team was the favorite.

If that's the case, MJ's titles mean a lot less.

bison
03-28-2021, 02:35 PM
:rockon:

bison
03-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Mikan, wilt, kareem, shaq, Drummond....the legacy continues

72-10
03-28-2021, 02:38 PM
LOL @ thinking a title means less if your team was the favorite.

If that's the case, MJ's titles mean a lot less.

he should shore up any defensive liabilities your team has with Anthony Davis, or like when he's injured

opponents will be relegated to shooting lots of threes since they won't be able to have an effective attack at the basket

HBK_Kliq_2
03-28-2021, 02:39 PM
Even washed up gasol is better then what Drummond has shown us. I don't know If Cavs coach is just the biggest idiot ever or what? Giving Drummond a 31% usage.

Maybe Drummond will play smarter but I think I rather face Drummond in playoffs then Marc Gasol, just way more likely to make low iq and clumsy plays.

Time will tell if Drummond is actually good or Hassan Whiteside 2.0

Kingwillball
03-28-2021, 02:42 PM
When Lakers are whole the defense will be insane along with rebounding.. Lakers will pound teams into submission come playoff time.

Kingwillball
03-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Even washed up gasol is better then what Drummond has shown us. I don't know If Cavs coach is just the biggest idiot ever or what? Giving Drummond a 31% usage.

Maybe Drummond will play smarter but I think I rather face Drummond in playoffs then Marc Gasol, just way more likely to make low iq and clumsy plays.

Time will tell if Drummond is actually good or Hassan Whiteside 2.0

Drummond will be a monster for Lakers on both ends of the floor make no mistake about it WAAAAY better then Gasol.

Proctor
03-28-2021, 03:06 PM
Drummond is going to put up wild numbers and that team will be formidable when healthy. Sure Drummond plays like an idiot on bad teams but LeCoach won't let that happen.

AD and Drummond...:biggums:

AirBonner
03-28-2021, 03:14 PM
Drummond is going to put up wild numbers and that team will be formidable when healthy. Sure Drummond plays like an idiot on bad teams but LeCoach won't let that happen.

You can’t just magically fix bad hands lol

Mauzah
03-28-2021, 03:18 PM
It's a weird league these days. It's scary to think what it will look like 10 years from now.

It feels like we've lost something along the way.

I'm Smart
03-28-2021, 03:18 PM

Anthony Davis has been out for a month and a half. Unfortunately, he is likely to suffer a season ending achilles rupture whenever he comes back with shades of Kevin Durant in 2019.

Kingwillball
03-28-2021, 03:28 PM
Anthony Davis has been out for a month and a half. Unfortunately, he is likely to suffer a season ending achilles rupture whenever he comes back with shades of Kevin Durant in 2019.

Um they sat him EXTRA time he will be 100% when he returns.

StrongLurk
03-28-2021, 03:42 PM
Drummond is a good pickup, but he is clearly not an all-star level player. He's honestly just insurance for the Lakers.

I see him as a better rebounding but worse scoring Harrell. Can't shoot or defend for shit, really I don't see how Drummond fits if AD/Gasol/Harrell are playing.

I'm not sure how much guys like Drummond truly contribute to actually winning basketball games, seems like an empty stats guy honestly.

Trollsmasher
03-28-2021, 03:48 PM
lakers bout to roll up the worst shooting lineup in the league and think that they can win

you can really tell who gets the game and who just watches fantasy stats when you see people wanting him to start over Gasol

bison
03-28-2021, 04:14 PM
Drummond is a good pickup, but he is clearly not an all-star level player. He's honestly just insurance for the Lakers.

I see him as a better rebounding but worse scoring Harrell. Can't shoot or defend for shit, really I don't see how Drummond fits if AD/Gasol/Harrell are playing. Also how the **** are rebounds ‘empty stats’? A rebound literally gives your team a possession. LeCoach turns everyone into a team player.

I'm not sure how much guys like Drummond truly contribute to actually winning basketball games, seems like an empty stats guy honestly.

We don’t need Drummond to score. We got four guys that can put up points in bunches when fully healthy.

bison
03-28-2021, 04:16 PM
lakers bout to roll up the worst shooting lineup in the league and think that they can win

you can really tell who gets the game and who just watches fantasy stats when you see people wanting him to start over Gasol

We were bad at shooting last year and won the chip. Our bread and butter is in the paint + transition points. Once Kong and ADMVP are back, our scrubs can go back to playing elite team defense. We are about to run it up boy.

HylianNightmare
03-28-2021, 04:19 PM
Clippers falling behind

Xiao Yao You
03-28-2021, 04:19 PM
We were bad at shooting last year and won the chip. Our bread and butter is in the paint + transition points. Once Kong and ADMVP are back, our scrubs can go back to playing elite team defense. We are about to run it up boy.

about to in 3 or 4 weeks? How far will they have dropped by then? People are acting like the Lakers even making the playoffs are a foregone conclusion and it's obviously not

Jay-B
03-28-2021, 04:26 PM
It's a weird league these days. It's scary to think what it will look like 10 years from now.

It feels like we've lost something along the way.

Turning very WWE and scripted out

Thenameless
03-28-2021, 06:21 PM

Come on now. You've got the Big 3. We only have a Big 2 but we probably have better help overall. Let's just sit back and hope we meet in the Finals. Should be a great one.

Derka
03-28-2021, 06:27 PM
ISH is just the best at overrating these meaningless f*cking buyout players.

Thenameless
03-28-2021, 07:40 PM
ISH is just the best at overrating these meaningless f*cking buyout players.

The meaningless ones don't get picked up by teams. They keep rotting, and no one cares. No one talks about them. You get it now?

SATAN
03-28-2021, 07:40 PM
No one is afraid of Drummond on the Sixers. Just means Davis can continue not guarding Embiid on defense.

https://s03.s3c.es/imag/_v0/770x420/e/2/9/700x420_marc-gasol-embiid-raptors-sixers-2019-reuters.jpg

http://a4.espncdn.com/media/motion/2019/0512/dm_190512_Gasol_consoles_Embiid_after_Kawhi_Leonar d_game_winner/dm_190512_Gasol_consoles_Embiid_after_Kawhi_Leonar d_game_winner.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nc0VcO6VCeM/maxresdefault.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
03-28-2021, 07:41 PM
Come on now. You've got the Big 3. We only have a Big 2 but we probably have better help overall. Let's just sit back and hope we meet in the Finals. Should be a great one.

Lakers have big 4: Lebron, AD, Shroder and Drummond all in prime.

SATAN
03-28-2021, 07:42 PM
:facepalm

bladefd
03-28-2021, 09:31 PM

You sound bitter and seems you may be starting to make up a potential excuse for your Nets if they face off in Finals.

"B-B-B-BUT Lakers had big 4!! It was sooo unfair to my poor Nets!" :lol

bobopenguin
03-28-2021, 11:19 PM
lakers, pls sign JLin next.

Axe
03-28-2021, 11:45 PM
No excuses

LAmbruh
03-29-2021, 12:55 AM

Bingo

if he efforts anything similar to bad back dwights tip ins and paint D, we back

That McGee/Dwight, AD, Kuz, Bran, Rondo death IQ lineup saved us so many games clamping teams to 10 point quarters

This Tucker, Kawueef, Pope, Matthews small ball just doesn’t have that same spook factor

RRR3
03-29-2021, 01:26 AM

LeBron isn’t god, he can’t prevent stupid players from being stupid (see: JR Smith).

Proctor
03-29-2021, 01:42 AM
LeBron isn’t god, he can’t prevent stupid players from being stupid (see: JR Smith).
True, but it's pretty hard to botch Lebron spoonfeeding him and finding himself wide open when AD gets the attention.

There were similar concerns about McGee and Howard and they were perfect for the job. Drummond will be unstoppable.

Can't wait to watch Hack-A-Drummond in the playoffs :pimp:

bladefd
03-29-2021, 02:57 AM
Bingo

if he efforts anything similar to bad back dwights tip ins and paint D, we back

That McGee/Dwight, AD, Kuz, Bran, Rondo death IQ lineup saved us so many games clamping teams to 10 point quarters

This Tucker, Kawueef, Pope, Matthews small ball just doesn’t have that same spook factor

Don't forget Caruso. Lakers were closing games with AD, LeBron, Caruso, Rondo and 5th was often kcp or danny green. Rondo was more so in playoffs - regular season was Avery Bradley.

AD, LeBron, Caruso were the constants in 4th quarters.

light
03-29-2021, 03:02 AM

JR has two rings though.

LeBron helps stupid players to be less stupid.

Drummond is going to learn a lot playing with LeBron.

Axe
03-29-2021, 08:57 AM
Just realized that drummond is only 27 years old. 😳

Axe
03-29-2021, 08:59 AM
JR has two rings though.

What about kuzma? Did his defense stopped sucking in the finals last year?

PP34Deuce
03-29-2021, 10:20 AM
Gasol is literally for playoffs. Drummond can play 32 mpg now and worst case give you 12 and 12. When AD comes back it allows him to stay as a 4 and not have to defend jokic Embiid

light
03-29-2021, 01:16 PM
What about kuzma? Did his defense stopped sucking in the finals last year?

Kuzma is a lot better, yes. Bron turned him into a true professional.

Kiddlovesnets
03-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Just realized that drummond is only 27 years old. ��

Yeah the Lakers have a big three and one of them is on vet minimum, this isnt fair at all. But anyway, this ring will not boost Lebron's legacy much, still below Kareem unless he wins another. If he loses, this will be an absolute failure considering hes again favorite to win the title.

Airupthere
03-29-2021, 01:41 PM
This is definitely an upgraded superteam

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-29-2021, 01:52 PM
This is definitely an upgraded superteam

They aren't a superteam. That's Brooklyn AND some.

LA essentially signed a worse version of Dwight. Great on the boards, but worse defensively :confusedshrug:

Kiddlovesnets
03-29-2021, 01:53 PM
They aren't a superteam. That's Brooklyn AND some.

LA essentially signed a worse version of Dwight. Great on the boards, but worse defensively :confusedshrug:

This is a superteam comparable to 17 Warriors, definitely way above the Nets team this year. Theres no excuse if Lebron doesnt win it all, he has another superteam again since 2017.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-29-2021, 01:56 PM
This is a superteam comparable to 17 Warriors, definitely way above the Nets team this year. Theres no excuse if Lebron doesnt win it all, he has another superteam again since 2017.

Nobody with a brain thinks LA is more of a "superteam" than Brooklyn.

Why do you lames waste your time trolling? :confusedshrug: Its neither clever or funny.

Kiddlovesnets
03-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Nobody with a brain thinks LA is more of a "superteam" than Brooklyn.

Why do you lames waste your time trolling? :confusedshrug: Its neither clever or funny.

The Lakers big three are younger, healthier and more balanced. And they have Shroder whos also a border-line all-star, while Montrezl Harrell is a 6th man of the year type of player. The bench is also better, and the competition in the East is much harder than the West right now(76ers> Clippers and Bucks > Suns). I am definitely not trolling, I am serious that the Lakers have a way better and deeper team and Lebron will have to win with this superteam or the legacy is tainted like 2011.

bladefd
03-29-2021, 02:52 PM
Yeah the Lakers have a big three and one of them is on vet minimum, this isnt fair at all. But anyway, this ring will not boost Lebron's legacy much, still below Kareem unless he wins another. If he loses, this will be an absolute failure considering hes again favorite to win the title.

Man, I see you crying in every Drummond thread about the Lakers stacking up too much. You are a nets fan.. It's so ironic and you sound so insecure.

Xiao Yao You
03-29-2021, 03:16 PM
The Lakers big three are younger, healthier and more balanced. And they have Shroder whos also a border-line all-star, while Montrezl Harrell is a 6th man of the year type of player. The bench is also better, and the competition in the East is much harder than the West right now(76ers> Clippers and Bucks > Suns). I am definitely not trolling, I am serious that the Lakers have a way better and deeper team and Lebron will have to win with this superteam or the legacy is tainted like 2011.

Schroder is a borderline all-star? :facepalm

bullettooth
03-29-2021, 03:20 PM
How many more players does LeBum need to carry

Kiddlovesnets
03-29-2021, 03:24 PM
Man, I see you crying in every Drummond thread about the Lakers stacking up too much. You are a nets fan.. It's so ironic and you sound so insecure.

I am not insecure ‘cause I already accepted that this season is a lost course, though we will still have a very good shot next season since the Lakers won’t be able to keep Drummond. What does upset me though, is that there are so many people complaining about us getting washed Aldridge and Griffin, while perfectly okay with Lakers getting a prime all star. Is this fair at All? The Lakers are the team to beat with superior rosters and yet we receive so much hate for improving marginally. Anyway it’s ring of bust for Lebron this year, he again had the best team in the league since 2016.

red1
04-06-2021, 01:00 PM
gasol is trash. the drummond signing will pay dividends in the playoffs

schroder and harrell will need to step up as well. the lakers can do this. clippers and nets will be a bloodbath but it can be done.

BlackMamba8
04-06-2021, 01:48 PM
How many more players does LeBum need to carry

Bro, hes been carried his whole career, Ray Allen saving him, kyrie, and now AD lol

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2021, 03:37 PM
Shams Charania: Ben McLemore’s contract with the Lakers is for the remainder of the season, (https://*********.com/social/) Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul tells @TheAthletic @Stadium .
– via Twitter ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

It's over!

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2021, 05:54 PM
The roster moves that looked so good in November, winning raves for the Lakers’ front office, haven’t panned out. Dennis Schröder and Montrezl Harrell have not proved capable of pinch-carrying the Lakers during the regular season when James and Davis are unavailable. I believed, as resolutely as the Lakers, that they would be, but Schröder and Harrell tend to be more concerned with their own scoring than anything else. When the Lakers explored the trade market for both last month, it seemed to confirm their own uncertainty about the fit (https://www.nytimes.com/newsletters/signup/MSB).
– via New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/newsletters/signup/MSB)

Anthony Davis has missed the past 22 games because of persistent Achilles’ tendon discomfort and an adjacent calf strain. There is some hope within the organization that he will return to the lineup after the Lakers’ five-game Eastern Conference swing underway, (https://www.nytimes.com/newsletters/signup/MSB) but any injury that involves the Achilles’ tendon, no matter how purportedly mild, is going to spook people until Davis gets back on the floor. Achilles’ tendon injuries remain the most feared in the sport.

LeBron James has missed the past eight games after sustaining a high-ankle sprain during a game against Atlanta on March 20. The reflex assumption, because this is James, is that he will return by month’s end and duly return to elite form. (https://www.nytimes.com/newsletters/signup/MSB) Given that James is 36, and in his 18th season, we should probably also acknowledge the possibility that his recovery won’t be seamless.

trouble in paradise?

bladefd
04-06-2021, 06:26 PM
It's over!

He is below average player who can shoot 3s. Doesn't play good defense or do anything that will buy him more than 10mpg. He is like 11th man, who will only play garbage minutes in playoffs. Right now with LeBron/AD out, he will get 15-20mpg with the 2nd unit but that will be temporary for a few weeks.

Thenameless
04-07-2021, 12:42 AM
It's over!

In a good way or in a bad way for the Lakers?

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2021, 02:08 PM
JD Shaw: The Sixers vs. Mavericks game on Monday, April 12 will now be televised by ESPN, with game time changed to 7:30 PM ET. The Lakers-Knicks game will no longer be televised by ESPN (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter JShawNBA (https://twitter.com/JShawNBA)

Lakers are so bad right now they're getting pulled from tv! :lol

ArbitraryWater
04-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Lakers are so bad right now they're getting pulled from tv! :lol

Xiao I didnt see you in the Raptors thread

LeCola
06-04-2021, 08:23 AM
:djparty:djparty:djparty

n00bie
06-04-2021, 08:48 AM

LOL

Full Court
06-13-2021, 11:53 PM

Drummond will be a monster for Lakers on both ends of the floor make no mistake about it WAAAAY better then Gasol.

JR has two rings though.

Lol! Lakers fans have to be the lowest IQ fans in any sport.

Axe
06-13-2021, 11:58 PM
Didn't show up in the first round when it could have been his best opportunity to shine. :ohwell:

Spurs m8
06-14-2021, 12:00 AM
Lol! Lakers fans have to be the lowest IQ fans in any sport.

They always have tbh