PDA

View Full Version : Lakers could have had Lowry but refused to give up Talen Horton-Tucker

RRR3
03-25-2021, 08:31 PM
:oldlol: Where’s AirTubesock to tell us Pelinka is a GREAT gm?

https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/status/1375131768404123649?s=21

ZenMaster
03-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Declined on giving up Schroeder, KCP, THT and picks.

I'm fine with that and Pelinka is doing a terrific job as GM of the Lakers.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 09:22 PM

I suppose you think LeBron is immortal and not 36 with the mileage of someone who’s 46. You trying to win or not?

highwhey
03-25-2021, 09:29 PM
LeGM must not have allowed it. I trust LeBron's decisions on these matters.

ZenMaster
03-25-2021, 09:31 PM
I suppose you think LeBron is immortal and not 36 with the mileage of someone who’s 46. You trying to win or not?

It's pretty risky giving up three guard rotation players for one and we'd have to rely a lot more on Matthews for the remainder of the season.
Plus it's not like those three guys can't contribute to a championship, if we can just get Drummond I think there's a good chance it solves a lot.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 09:54 PM
It's pretty risky giving up three guard rotation players for one and we'd have to rely a lot more on Matthews for the remainder of the season.
Plus it's not like those three guys can't contribute to a championship, if we can just get Drummond I think there's a good chance it solves a lot.
Lowry prevents you from dropping as far in the standings with LBJ out man.

StrongLurk
03-25-2021, 09:56 PM
Lakers could not have made any moves that truly would move the needle. The BIGGEST thing for the Lakers success is LBJ and AD getting healthy and back to the level they were in last year's playoffs.

But if everyone is being honest, the Nets should easily win the chip this year regardless of what the Lakers do.

coin24
03-25-2021, 10:12 PM
Only a moron like op would trade all active players left for Lowry :lol

Low iq

iamgine
03-25-2021, 10:17 PM

That is a lot. It's not like Lowry can do that much. Raps is losing badly with him.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:19 PM
Shew might be the dumbest person of all time.

ZenMaster
03-25-2021, 10:22 PM
Lowry prevents you from dropping as far in the standings with LBJ out man.

Maybe, but even so, who gives a shit about a few regular season games?

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Maybe, but even so, who gives a shit about a few regular season games?
They determine playoff seedings dude.

RoseCity07
03-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Such a bad move. Tucker is a horrendously bad defender.

tpols
03-25-2021, 10:26 PM
The Lakers were done either way. The GM is probably looking towards the future and not trying to give away all his young talent for an aging point guard. The Lakers aren't in win now mode because they already got their win vs a +6000 odds underdog. Plus we've had so much success over the years it makes no sense to be so myopic.

bladefd
03-25-2021, 10:30 PM

Lowry is 35. He is already beginning to break apart physically. He wanted a 2yr extension to age 38. We would have to give up our young players and picks, future without any way to know if Lowry would last through the extension. Schroder may not be as good but he is only 27 with room for improvement. THT has become a solid role player with the potential to become a future starter if he cleans up some of the defensive mistakes and improves his jumper.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:30 PM
The Lakers were done either way. The GM is probably looking towards the future and not trying to give away all his young talent for an aging point guard. The Lakers aren't in win now mode because they already got their win vs a +6000 odds underdog. Plus we've had so much success over the years it makes no sense to be so myopic.
“We”?

I thought you were a Nets fan.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:31 PM
Lowry is 35. He is already beginning to break apart physically. He wanted a 2yr extension to age 38. We would have to give up our young players and picks, future without any way to know if Lowry would last through the extension. Schroder may not be as good but he is only 27 with room for improvement. THT has become a solid role player with the potential to become a future starter if he cleans up some of the defensive mistakes and improves his jumper.
I’d agree with you if LeBron wasn’t old as **** and close to having his window close. If you depend on someone with LeBron’s age and mileage to win, you should make moves accordingly. If you wanted to build for the future shouldn’t have signed LeBron.

bladefd
03-25-2021, 10:34 PM

If Lakers add Drummond and LeBron/AD are healthy going into playoffs, seeding is irrelevant.

ZenMaster
03-25-2021, 10:34 PM

Yes but winning games determine who wins the championship.
You haven't addressed the fact that we'd be giving up three rotation players for one and how to solve it. Who else could LA gave brought in to fill the minutes effectively, Lowry can't play 48 minutes and a rotation of Lowry, Caruso and Matthews to share 144 minutes isn't that great of a situation.

Have you ever been part of an organised basketball team and actually experienced the need for constant production throughout an entire game?

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:39 PM
Yes but winning games determine who wins the championship.
You haven't addressed the fact that we'd be giving up three rotation players for one and how to solve it. Who else could LA gave brought in to fill the minutes effectively, Lowry can't play 48 minutes and a rotation of Lowry, Caruso and Matthews to share 144 minutes isn't that great of a situation.

Have you ever been part of an organised basketball team and actually experienced the need for constant production throughout an entire game?
Idk mr. condescension, have you ever paid attention to the NBA? Lol because having 3 stars usually supersedes depth in the playoffs. Also nothing was stopping the Lakers from getting a guard on the buyout market or in the gleague. THT level players aren’t hard to replace.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:39 PM
If Lakers add Drummond and LeBron/AD are healthy going into playoffs, seeding is irrelevant.
Are you under the impression Drummond is good? :oldlol:

tpols
03-25-2021, 10:43 PM
“We”?

I thought you were a Nets fan.

My fandom is universal and everlasting.

bladefd
03-25-2021, 10:47 PM
Are you under the impression Drummond is good? :oldlol:

Elite rebounder and gives you 15ppg on putbacks. Not bad defensively - actually might be above average defensively, but I have not seen him play since he was in Detroit.

He is better than Gasol in the paint.

ZenMaster
03-25-2021, 10:52 PM
Idk mr. condescension, have you ever paid attention to the NBA? Lol because having 3 stars usually supersedes depth in the playoffs. Also nothing was stopping the Lakers from getting a guard on the buyout market or in the gleague. THT level players aren’t hard to replace.

I promise you that I've paid a lot more attention to the Laker teams over the years than you have.

Pelinka could have done that, or not. He'd be gambling on certain things needed to have happen for success anyways.
For the same reasons neither the Heat or 76ers made the trade either, because it's not a clear cut decision at all.
You are simply wrong in your assumption that it was such an easy decision, your lack of knowledge led you to use this assumption to try and prove that Pelinka is a terrible GM and that's why your thread is garbage.

RRR3
03-25-2021, 10:56 PM
I promise you that I've paid a lot more attention to the Laker teams over the years than you have.

Pelinka could have done that, or not. He'd be gambling on certain things needed to have happen for success anyways.
For the same reasons neither the Heat or 76ers made the trade either, because it's not a clear cut decision at all.
You are simply wrong in your assumption that it was such an easy decision, your lack of knowledge led you to use this assumption to try and prove that Pelinka is a terrible GM and that's why your thread is garbage.
I mean the Heat overvalue Herro for sure, but he also was a lottery pick and had some huge moments in the playoffs. What has THT ever done? Not really comparable situations THT was like the 46th pick wasn’t he, he’s not some elite prospect. And the Sixers have two young stars they don’t need to trade for Lowry since their window will be open for a while.

Bronbron23
03-25-2021, 11:03 PM

Kyle is 35 bruh. You'd have to be an idiot to give up tucker ans Schroder for him

ZenMaster
03-25-2021, 11:08 PM
I mean the Heat overvalue Herro for sure, but he also was a lottery pick and had some huge moments in the playoffs. What has THT ever done? Not really comparable situations THT was like the 46th pick wasn’t he, he’s not some elite prospect. And the Sixers have two young stars they don’t need to trade for Lowry since their window will be open for a while.

Again, the declined offer also included Schroeder, KCP and picks.

And you talk about THT exactly like someone who's never been part of a team. "What has THT done?"

He's 20 years old and has added a new layer to his game every year since college.
He has great attitude and worth ethic.
He has great length and hand size for his height.
Good natural strength for his size.

It's not about what he has done, but what he might do in the future and how he can still contribute before fulfilling his potential.
Go check Lowry's 3rd year stats compared to THT, players develop..

RRR3
03-25-2021, 11:20 PM
Kyle is 35 bruh. You'd have to be an idiot to give up tucker ans Schroder for him
Again, if you're building around LeBron, you have to be in win-now mode. If they wanted to build for the future they shouldn't have signed LeBron. Lowry absolutely gives them a better chance at winning this year and next year. LeBron will be done in a few years lol

DoctorP
03-25-2021, 11:35 PM
LOL at people thinking Lowry is some kind of superstar player or game changer... he's a declining, overweight 35 year old guard that was beaten by Fred Van Fleet on a team that will miss the playoffs

RRR3
03-26-2021, 12:10 AM
LOL at people thinking Lowry is some kind of superstar player or game changer... he's a declining, overweight 35 year old guard that was beaten by Fred Van Fleet on a team that will miss the playoffs
He’s a really good player still actually. 17.4/5.6/7.5 on good efficiency with excellent defense.

k0kakw0rld
03-26-2021, 12:12 AM
We were 4th in the east before the covid-19 protocol moron

DoctorP
03-26-2021, 12:18 AM
We were 4th in the east before the covid-19 protocol moron

no excuses, p ussy

MrFonzworth
03-26-2021, 12:28 PM
Makes perfect sense THT will be a stud post-LeBron.

lakerstekkenn
03-26-2021, 01:32 PM
The Lakers are looking to add inside defense; rebounding when teams start waving certain players they are banking on teams waiving certain centers that they don't need, otherwise they are going into the playoffs with what they have; understand they made a huge mistake not keeping the same team they had before.

lakerstekkenn
03-26-2021, 01:36 PM
James body is already braking down, his age is catching up with ihim; Davis can't carry this team by himself Kuzma better step up big time he's their 3rd option that can become their number two Kobe type of player.

Axe
03-26-2021, 06:05 PM
James body is already braking down, his age is catching up with ihim; Davis can't carry this team by himself Kuzma better step up big time he's their 3rd option that can become their number two Kobe type of player.
Kuzma has been a letdown in the playoffs tho and can be a liability on defense. You can't just rely on that kinky fashionist when his primary teammates aren't available.

TheGoatest
03-26-2021, 06:12 PM

The intentional injury LeBron got by Solomon Hill has nothing to do with LeBron's age. It would've been the same result if he was 18, 25 or 36.

Hey Yo
03-26-2021, 06:14 PM

Twitter account not verified = fake news

Chick Stern
03-26-2021, 06:53 PM
He’s a really good player still actually. 17.4/5.6/7.5 on good efficiency with excellent defense.
He’s also short, old and has a massive contract.
Bullet dodged. The youth movement has to continue to happen.

999Guy
03-27-2021, 11:46 AM
People are about to see OKC Dennis.

When he has usage and plays ran for him he gets into the groove of making really tough pull up jumpers and getting comfortable with his little dribble moves and easily beating everybody to the cup.

Schroeder/Harrell with defense will be enough to be a .500 team until the stars get back. And they’ll be enough to exploit teams like Brooklyn, LAC, and Denver in the playoffs.

Bronbron23
03-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Again, if you're building around LeBron, you have to be in win-now mode. If they wanted to build for the future they shouldn't have signed LeBron. Lowry absolutely gives them a better chance at winning this year and next year. LeBron will be done in a few years lol

Lowery isn't in his prime anymore. I'm not sure he does give them a better chance. There's a reason nobody was willing to give up much for Lowery.