PDA

View Full Version : Did you expect LaMelo Ball to be this good?

AirBonner
03-13-2021, 10:40 PM
15/6/6 is pretty damn good even if you never improved

LoneyROY7
03-13-2021, 10:42 PM
Yes.

Even though his percentages were poor in Austraila, you could tell by his movement and vision he had this potential.

Axe
03-13-2021, 10:43 PM
Still an unanimous bust move made by his team's owner

AirBonner
03-13-2021, 10:48 PM
Still an unanimous bust move made by his team's owner

Not a bust LaMelo is taking Charlotte to the next level

HBK_Kliq_2
03-13-2021, 10:48 PM
Much better then his brother. He torched those 1999 Chicago bulls tonight I see.

HylianNightmare
03-14-2021, 12:58 AM
I didn't expect it to come so quickly for him

SATAN
03-14-2021, 03:35 AM

Do you actually believe this?

Not trolling.

SATAN
03-14-2021, 03:39 AM
As for the question...No, not at all. I thought he would be much like his brother despite his advantages. Even though he's a huge cornball he's actually an interesting player to watch which is good for the league, Hornets fans (finally) and also unfortunately good for MJ.

3ball
03-14-2021, 03:51 AM
I expected him end up a 6'9" or 6'10" dude accustomed to killing bigger dudes his whole life

I felt he was a natural, which is necessary for less athletic players to be great - the only thing that surprised me is his athleticism - better than I thought

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?485016-LaMelo-Ball-s-stats-make-him-look-like-a-very-overrated-prospect&p=14202247&viewfull=1#post14202247

sick_brah07
03-14-2021, 04:46 AM
Yes.

Even though his percentages were poor in Austraila, you could tell by his movement and vision he had this potential.

Yeah watching him here in the nbl you could see it by mid season that he was just extremely comfortable which is very odd for younger players.

There was one game where he took over and hit a few big shots and the game winner. After that I felt he was ready and comfortable and physically strong enough to hold his own

I thought he would be good but not this good this early

pandiani17
03-14-2021, 07:36 AM
No, I expected him to be more hype than reality.

GOBB
03-14-2021, 10:53 AM
Lamelo is legit his brother not so much

k0kakw0rld
03-14-2021, 10:56 AM

Taking them where? :oldlol::roll:

Doranku
03-14-2021, 01:24 PM
His numbers are only going up. He's at 16/6/6 now but he's scored 20+ in 14 of his last 20 games, definitely didn't think he was going to be this good. He's what I hoped Lonzo could eventually become offensively. They both have that natural feel for the game which you can see in their playmaking, but LaMelo is just a way more gifted scorer. Sky is the limit for this kid, 6'6 guys who play PG with PG instincts don't come around that often.

imdaman99
03-14-2021, 01:50 PM
Hell no and I'm still waiting for him to get exposed...

in

game

of

the

finals

when he passes up the last shot

Micku
03-14-2021, 02:03 PM
Nooope. I did not. Very impressive man. I can't wait to see his career grow from here.

Axe
03-14-2021, 05:48 PM
Taking them where? :oldlol::roll:
Issa prank

CTbasketball92
03-14-2021, 07:39 PM
I knew he was a potential top 10 player and thought he had a pretty good chance at at least being an all-star. I thought he was pretty much the best choice for No. 1 pick because unless you're elite on defense and "very good" on offense. Anthony Edwards just never looked like someone who had the savvy of a guard or the court vision. LaMelo had some definite red flags, but always had elite vision, elite handle, elite passing and elite size. I thought he had decent bust potential too, but he looked like the person w. the highest potential from day 1. Warriors will be upset about this for years.

bison
03-15-2021, 12:48 AM
He plays with the confidence and sense of purpose that was missing from Lonzo’s rookie season (and
Still missing to an extent). Similar to his brothers game in terms of skillset but the body language couldn’t be more different. LaMelo looks like he’s having fun while Lonzo looked depressed.

LAL
03-15-2021, 01:15 AM
He's what you call a natural, reminds me of myself (i play better d, his passing also reminds me of myself, he has beter range and handles) . He'll be in the league for a while. So much potential and creativity.

Worried about the mentality because he did grow up pretty famous and spoiled.

warriorfan
03-15-2021, 01:19 AM
FreezingT was the only one hyping him with a lot of people hating. If anyone else had posts about him go ahead and bump.

LAmbruh
03-15-2021, 01:25 AM
yep we all called it :pimp:

tpols
03-15-2021, 01:30 AM
I havent watched him much... but what I seen of Lonzo he was like diet Jason Kidd. So if he hass that skill along with that intuition, he'll be great.

Spurs m8
03-15-2021, 01:47 AM
Hell no and I'm still waiting for him to get exposed...

in

game

of

the

finals

when he passes up the last shot

Hes not LeBron....hes got the killer instinct

bison
03-15-2021, 02:32 AM
Hes not LeBron....hes got the killer instinct

I would love to see LaMelo in a San Antonio Sperms jersey one day.

3ball
03-15-2021, 02:34 AM
I thought he looked special dribbling the ball - something dynamic about his drives

A natural

So I thought he'd be great

theballerFKA Ace
03-15-2021, 09:55 AM
He's a huge win for Charlotte.

Brings excitement and attention to one of the most boring orgs in the NBA

Is actually balling out individually with impressive rookie stats

Best of all they have a winning record for the first time in 5 years

I bet you anything MJ wanted Patrick Williams if he had his say but Cupcake told him he was putting his foot down this time.

Wally450
03-15-2021, 11:08 AM
Lots of people were shitting on him in game 1 of the season. :oldlol:

Mauzah
03-15-2021, 09:26 PM
I certainly did not see this coming.

He's been very impressive so far. Not only the stats but the impact he has on the game. You can see his teammates clearly wanted to lean on him for certain things and he's ready for it.

Nice surprise to be honest.

ZionDunks
03-16-2021, 01:40 AM
And the thing is like Zion he is liked and popularizes the game. NBA has lost the culture and no one realizes it. Guys like melo are how we get it back and undo the sins of Lebron and other ignorant miscreants

hateraid
03-16-2021, 06:29 AM
If his name were someone else this would not be a surprise. Everyone wanted him to fail because he's Lamelo Ball. He was this good otherwise he wouldn't have been scouted that much pre NBA

jayfan
03-16-2021, 08:25 AM
I didn't expect him to be this good a teammate. The talent was there.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 02:46 PM
He is a taller, but worse version of Trae Young.

k0kakw0rld
03-16-2021, 02:48 PM

I am on your ass too. Don't involve yourself in things you know nothing about.

k0kakw0rld
03-16-2021, 02:49 PM
If his name were someone else this would not be a surprise. Everyone wanted him to fail because he's Lamelo Ball. He was this good otherwise he wouldn't have been scouted that much pre NBA

You are wrong. His b-tch ass dad has been promoting them as if they were the second coming of Jesus Christ. That's the reason why people started to hate.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 02:52 PM
I am on your ass too. Don't involve yourself in things you know nothing about.

He isn't on Trae's level lol.

Don't be delusional.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 02:53 PM
You are wrong. His b-tch ass dad has been promoting them as if they were the second coming of Jesus Christ. That's the reason why people started to hate.

Lavar ain't no bitch. I wish my dad supported me as much as Lavar supports his sons.

People who hate on Melo because of his dad are pathetic shitheads.

LoneyROY7
03-16-2021, 02:54 PM

This is a bad take.

hateraid
03-16-2021, 03:29 PM

So you're agreeing with me. Lamelo is Papa Ball's son right?

k0kakw0rld
03-16-2021, 03:47 PM
Lavar ain't no bitch. I wish my dad supported me as much as Lavar supports his sons.

People who hate on Melo because of his dad are pathetic shitheads.
You not gonna disrespect basketball greats before having your son ply one single minute of NBA basketball. He said enough cringe stuff for me to dislike him. He literally is the reason why Lonzo couldn't be himself in LA. He put too much pressure on his son.

LoneyROY7
03-16-2021, 03:52 PM
You not gonna disrespect basketball greats before having your son ply one single minute of NBA basketball. He said enough cringe stuff for me to dislike him. He literally is the reason why Lonzo couldn't be himself in LA. He put too much pressure on his son.

He didn't put too much pressure on Lonzo, Lonzo just wasn't built for it talent-wise.

LaMelo has the same pressure and he's shining.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 03:54 PM
And the thing is like Zion he is liked and popularizes the game. NBA has lost the culture and no one realizes it. Guys like melo are how we get it back and undo the sins of Lebron and other ignorant miscreants

The NBA hasn't lost anything, you delusional monkey.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 03:54 PM
This is a bad take.

Not at all.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 03:55 PM
So you're agreeing with me. Lamelo is Papa Ball's son right?

I disagreed with you regarding Lavar being a bitch. To me Lavar is not a bitch.

Improve your reading comprehension.

LoneyROY7
03-16-2021, 03:56 PM
Not at all.

LaMelo has a higher ceiling than Trae and will be an MVP candidate in his prime.

Mr. Woke
03-16-2021, 03:56 PM

Lavar did nothing wrong.

hateraid
03-16-2021, 04:46 PM
I disagreed with you regarding Lavar being a bitch. To me Lavar is not a bitch.

Improve your reading comprehension.

I wasn't talking to you. Use your comprehension. Unless you're actually Kokoworld. Which would make you schizo.

Did you forget to log off?

k0kakw0rld
03-16-2021, 05:00 PM
He didn't put too much pressure on Lonzo, Lonzo just wasn't built for it talent-wise.

LaMelo has the same pressure and he's shining.
Starting on the bench with Charlotte isn't what I call pressure.

Lonzo was literally called a franchise changer. Magic was drinking that Lavar Kool-aid and believed the hype. Magic said Lonzo was going to destroy all of his assists records. That's putting pressure on a young man. LaMelo never had to face that. What are you talking about here?

Axe
03-16-2021, 05:49 PM
Many hated him because he's supposed to be a bust, since he was drafted by a retired player you hate the most. You do realize that, don't you think?

Meticode
03-16-2021, 06:43 PM
I certainly did not. I think going over-seas definitely helped him versus Lonzo playing in college on year. He's already better than Lonzo in my mind. Especially if you compare their rookie years, but I think he's better already than Lonzo because he comes off more aggressive. Which is something Lonzo has always lacked.

highwhey
03-16-2021, 07:11 PM
absolutely not. he has surpassed my expectations.

StrongLurk
03-16-2021, 07:51 PM
I definitely did not expect it. Even with him being obviously more talented than Lonzo, I thought his immaturity and bad shot selection would doom him as far as running an offense...but somehow his shot has been completely on from three (38%) and at the free throw line (80%).

If he can actually shoot the ball like that for his career, then he legit has all star potential. I really thought he'd be a slightly better Lonzo perpetually putting up 12/7/7 statlines for his career.

RoseCity07
03-16-2021, 10:14 PM
I don't think he is that good but he is absolutely better than I thought he'd be. I notice the Hornets are kinda meh now. A .500 team and they're beating bad teams. Even the Toronto win was against a team dealing with injuries. He plays horrendous defense. He hasn't really shown me anything special. At this point it's not even a Tyreke Evans or Michael Carter Williams fast start. We also haven't seen how he will react when he gets scouted. It happens to every single player. The NBA catches on quick. I want to see what happens when teams start taking away his open shots.

hateraid
03-16-2021, 11:23 PM
Did everyone miss the fact I replied to Kokoworld and he replied back as Mr.Woke?

clipps
03-16-2021, 11:48 PM
I expected him to be way better than his retarded brothers.

Mr. Woke
03-17-2021, 12:05 AM
I wasn't talking to you. Use your comprehension. Unless you're actually Kokoworld. Which would make you schizo.

Did you forget to log off?

You are retarded lol.

hateraid
03-17-2021, 01:17 AM
You are retarded lol.

Follow the trail dummy. I responded to kokonut and you replied back.

TheGoatest
03-17-2021, 01:36 AM
16, 6 and 6 on 45%. Maybe slightly above than what I expected.

Axe
03-17-2021, 02:24 AM
I expected him to be way better than his retarded brothers.
Lol

LiAngelo is a free agent

clipps
03-17-2021, 02:56 AM
Lol

LiAngelo is a free agent

I bet both him and Lonzo flinch any time LaVar raises his hand to give them a high-five. LaMelo at least seams like he's not completely petrified of his dad and is somewhat fearless on the basketball court.

Axe
03-17-2021, 03:08 AM
I bet both him and Lonzo flinch any time LaVar raises his hand to give them a high-five. LaMelo at least seams like he's not completely petrified of his dad and is somewhat fearless on the basketball court.
Yep, daddy ball will always be daddy ball. Having that said, lamelo has exceeded a lot of expectations in his rookie year. If he keeps this up, it will be good for this hornets team in the long run.