PDA

View Full Version : Any of yall dummies still think the suns aren't a lock for the playoffs?

Bronbron23
03-05-2021, 10:13 PM
I can't believe there were people on here saying they wouldn't make the playoffs. This shit was literally a foregone conclusion. I realize that some things are easy to get wrong when it comes to predicting sports but this wasn't one of them.

Axe
03-05-2021, 10:20 PM
They are going to have a higher seed this year than the warriors

Xiao Yao You
03-05-2021, 10:23 PM
I can't believe there were people on here saying they wouldn't make the playoffs. This shit was literally a foregone conclusion. I realize that some things are easy to get wrong when it comes to predicting sports but this wasn't one of them.

it wasn't foregone with Pauls injury history. The bubble doesn't carry as much weight with most people as it did for Suns fans

RRR3
03-05-2021, 10:28 PM
it wasn't foregone with Pauls injury history. The bubble doesn't carry as much weight with most people as it did for Suns fans
Still butthurt about Toody’s dismal performance in the bubble I see :lol

Bronbron23
03-06-2021, 12:26 AM

I'm not even a suns fan but it even a blind man could see they were gonna make playoffs this year.

Xiao Yao You
03-06-2021, 12:33 AM
I'm not even a suns fan but it even a blind man could see they were gonna make playoffs this year.

as long as Paul was healthy and that is never a given

999Guy
03-06-2021, 12:47 AM
Lol OP said Ja Morant and Trae Young could be top 5 guys this year.

Even said Trae was a better scorer than Curry after the first week of the year. Shutup.

Bronbron23
03-06-2021, 01:01 AM
Lol OP said Ja Morant and Trae Young could be top 5 guys this year.

Even said Trae was a better scorer than Curry after the first week of the year. Shutup.

Could being the operative word. Again some things are a given and some aren't. Trae and ja being top 5 i don't think i even said but that's more of a out there prediction if i said it. I wouldn't bet my house on it. Other things are a given. Lakers making playoffs. Bron still being the best player, timberwolves still sucking.

Let me guess. You were one of the idiots saying suns wouldn't make playoffs:facepalm

LAL
03-06-2021, 01:03 AM
Who said that and why?

999Guy
03-06-2021, 01:04 AM
Could being the operative word. Again some things are a given and some aren't. Trae and ja being top 5 i don't think i even said but that's more of a out there prediction if i said it. I wouldn't bet my house on it. Other things are a given. Lakers making playoffs. Bron still being the best player, timberwolves still sucking.

Let me guess. You were one of the idiots saying suns wouldn't make playoffs:facepalm

Nah I was on top of the suns thing but your idea that point guards could just teleport to the top of the league made me sick a little bit

It’s stuff like that why guys like Paul/Harden/Westbrook were underrated in their primes. What it takes to dominate at guard is just underestimated.

wagexslave
03-06-2021, 01:13 AM
as long as Paul was healthy and that is never a given

Yeah bot no player staying healthy is ever a given. Shit, the Suns already barely missed the playoffs last season after dealing with injuries all year(as well as Ayton's dumb ass getting suspended 25 games), and they significantly upgraded the roster since.

CP3 has been taking good care of his body though. On top of the fact that he tries his best to stay in good shape and went vegan eating very healthy foods, which he said made a big difference, he also does a great job playing cautious on the court. Dude rarely rakes unnecessary risks to his body. And there's a very good reason the Suns are one of the slowest paced teams in the league, it's good for staying healthy. Doesn't force him to do too much.

Bronbron23
03-06-2021, 01:13 AM
Nah I was on top of the suns thing but your idea that point guards could just teleport to the top of the league made me sick a little bit

It’s stuff like that why guys like Paul/Harden/Westbrook were underrated in their primes. What it takes to dominate at guard is just underestimated.

I'm not even a point gaurd guy. Bigger guys rule and they always will. I just like ja and trae even though i think your making up that top 5 shit. I don't think i said that. I did make the trae curry comparison but that's not all that far off. Trae has a worse team and his record is only a little worse than steph and they're stats are pretty comparable.

Xiao Yao You
03-06-2021, 01:41 AM
Yeah bot no player staying healthy is ever a given. Shit, the Suns already barely missed the playoffs last season after dealing with injuries all year(as well as Ayton's dumb ass getting suspended 25 games), and they significantly upgraded the roster since.

CP3 has been taking good care of his body though. On top of the fact that he tries his best to stay in good shape and went vegan eating very healthy foods, which he said made a big difference, he also does a great job playing cautious on the court. Dude rarely rakes unnecessary risks to his body. And there's a very good reason the Suns are one of the slowest paced teams in the league, it's good for staying healthy. Doesn't force him to do too much.

they barely missed last year because of the bubble. They were the worst team in the west going in

999Guy
03-06-2021, 02:18 AM
I'm not even a point gaurd guy. Bigger guys rule and they always will. I just like ja and trae even though i think your making up that top 5 shit. I don't think i said that. I did make the trae curry comparison but that's not all that far off. Trae has a worse team and his record is only a little worse than steph and they're stats are pretty comparable.

You absolutely said it. That’s the only thing I remember specifically.
And I like how you draw the line at saying they could be top 5, but in the same breath say Trae is Curry level. :lol

Their stats are comparable, Trae is just worse across the board.

Bronbron23
03-06-2021, 01:52 PM
You absolutely said it. That’s the only thing I remember specifically.
And I like how you draw the line at saying they could be top 5, but in the same breath say Trae is Curry level. :lol

Their stats are comparable, Trae is just worse across the board.

Well i said it wasn't far off but it was off a little. If curry is top 5 he's at 5. Trae isn't a mile behind that but yeah curry is better.

And im not sure curry is top 5 btw. Bron, Embiid, kawhi, harden, luka and greek are all almost as good scoring wise but are better in other areas like passing Rebounding and of course defensively which btw is half the battle. for some reason curry fans just absolutely ignore this fact when discussing curry's impact.

wagexslave
03-07-2021, 11:24 AM
they barely missed last year because of the bubble. They were the worst team in the west going in

lol Worst team in the west? You sure about that? Sure they had the worst record of the west teams invited to the bubble, but anyone who actually watched the team regularly knew that was some bullshit and that they were far better than their record. Despite the rroster instability caused by injuries/suspensions, when the correct players were healthy they had some of the best 5 man lineups in the league in terms of total net +/- on the season. But it's difficult to win games when your rookie head coach has to keep switching the lineups every other game because of new players getting injured and new ones coming back.

Regardless, them going into the bubble with only having Oubre and Baynes sitting out the entire bubble and nobody else getting injured in bubble was big. It arguably would have been worse if Oubre and Baynes got healthy mid-bubble and started playing games. Because the rest of the team was finally experiencing some actual roster stability for once and were able to stick to a game plan, which allowed them to stay focused on winning and show their potential and they did great(which proved that with Bridges and Johnson they didn't need Oubre). And they were even dealing with injuries earlier this season and had dropped to 8-8, but ever since they got healthy they've been amazing and have climbed back up to the 2nd best record. Who would have thought that staying healthy was important in winning??

Xiao Yao You
03-07-2021, 11:43 AM
lol Worst team in the west? You sure about that? Sure they had the worst record of the west teams invited to the bubble, but anyone who actually watched the team regularly knew that was some bullshit and that they were far better than their record. Despite the rroster instability caused by injuries/suspensions, when the correct players were healthy they had some of the best 5 man lineups in the league in terms of total net +/- on the season. But it's difficult to win games when your rookie head coach has to keep switching the lineups every other game because of new players getting injured and new ones coming back.

Regardless, them going into the bubble with only having Oubre and Baynes sitting out the entire bubble and nobody else getting injured in bubble was big. It arguably would have been worse if Oubre and Baynes got healthy mid-bubble and started playing games. Because the rest of the team was finally experiencing some actual roster stability for once and were able to stick to a game plan, which allowed them to stay focused on winning and show their potential and they did great(which proved that with Bridges and Johnson they didn't need Oubre). And they were even dealing with injuries earlier this season and had dropped to 8-8, but ever since they got healthy they've been amazing and have climbed back up to the 2nd best record. Who would have thought that staying healthy was important in winning??

Not having to travel or play in front of hostile fans doesn't hurt especially if you're a young team

Doranku
03-07-2021, 11:43 AM
First round exit, AKA the CP3 Special. :cheers:

Bronbron23
03-07-2021, 05:36 PM
First round exit, AKA the CP3 Special. :cheers:

Pretty sure whenever cp3 had good teams he made it past first round. That said wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the first round