PDA

View Full Version : Malice at the Palace.

clipps
02-16-2021, 05:40 AM
Let's be real, Ron Artest wanted none of Ben Wallace. The Refs should've let that happen.

2much_knowledge
02-16-2021, 11:39 AM
Let's be real, Ron Artest wanted none of Ben Wallace. The Refs should've let that happen.

Yup. But i don't blame him. He would rather go after a random fan than push big ben back

Airupthere
02-16-2021, 11:44 AM

No sir he didn't. Then again, quite a short list of people who would go after ben wallace.

clipps
02-16-2021, 11:51 AM
No sir he didn't. Then again, quite a short list of people who would go after ben wallace.

Imagine if the refs just let Big Ben and Artest go? No Malice at the Palace to change the course of NBA history. Maybe the Pacers win the championship that year and start a dynasty.

getting_old
02-16-2021, 01:00 PM
I was watching the game, but turned it off a few minutes before the fun began. Was soon driving down to Columbus to see the game against Michigan, leaving at 2am, so i had to get a few hours sleep

Recall wondering why the starters were still out there in a clear garbagetime situation, glad Bill Walton was doing color for this event.

TV monitors of the events were all over the place at The Game, crowds cheered the loudest for Jermaine O'Neal taking out Turtle.

Just realizing now that Detroit would have been part of the natural Michigan hate at the game....

mentallooser
02-16-2021, 01:32 PM
Imagine if the refs just let Big Ben and Artest go? No Malice at the Palace to change the course of NBA history. Maybe the Pacers win the championship that year and start a dynasty.
In my mind, that's exactly what did happen. I treasure that championship

clipps
02-16-2021, 01:37 PM
In my mind, that's exactly what did happen. I treasure that championship

Being a sports fan sucks.

FultzNationRISE
02-16-2021, 02:41 PM
How do you guys think Ben Wallace and Lebron James would do together against 1 Silverback gorilla??

clipps
02-16-2021, 03:51 PM
How do you guys think Ben Wallace and Lebron James would do together against 1 Silverback gorilla??

Hard to tell the difference tbh.

dankok8
02-16-2021, 04:18 PM

That's very possible. That Pacers team was amazing! JO, Croshere, Artest, SJax, Tinsley, Reggie... man that's one of the toughest teams of all time. They faced each other in the 2004 playoffs and most game scores were in the 70's LOL.

Apart from suspensions I think the rule changes in 2005 took a lot out of those Pistons and Pacers teams too. They just couldn't play the same way anymore. From 2006 onwards, the Pistons never looked as dominant again.