PDA

View Full Version : Trae doing a long long long range shooting drill.

Kblaze8855
11-27-2020, 10:35 PM
https://youtu.be/gD2TMjW3bfc

Id imagine Lillard, Steph, and Lebron have to spend a lot of time on those 30+ footers too to make them at the rate they do. Nba ever adds a 4 point line(who knows in 70 years) people will be looking back trying to work out what he would have averaged with it.

It reminds me of seeing the guys like Barry or Pistol Pete who had 3 point range but took those shots for 2 points. It’s like....why even defend it? You can have all the 25 foot 2s you want. But with the impact made on the game from having to guard a 3 point shot at 30-35 feet and stretch your D to its breaking point it’s obviously not the same as the long 2s used to be.

Anyone know of more teams using the 4 point line? I know the Hawksnofficial practice court had one and so did the 76ers and Bucks at one point because you stand out there to reinforce good spacing habits.

The way the nba puts offense and scoring before all else I wouldn’t be shocked to see one in say....the all star game inside 10 years(the celeb game had it last year if you didn’t notice)

Get a whole generation of Steph/Dame/Trae guards coming in with 35 foot range.

Wait till that’s a standard part of the skill set or even just....common enough you have 4 people on each team you gotta defend at 30 feet at all times.

Im not sure what you do about it defense wise. They expand the floor and stick a 4 point line all around the paint will look like a rookie sophomore game style in game dunk contest.

Its gonna happen. We may not be here to see it.....but it’s coming.

FultzNationRISE
11-28-2020, 01:18 AM
https://media12.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201910/tdy_news_ron_lebron_james_191015.focal-760x428.jpg

Kblaze8855
12-09-2020, 02:08 PM
https://youtu.be/OYlDIcoRkzQ

And in a move that may show just how weak current coaches are compared to players....Lillard has informed Stotts that he WILL be taking some half court threes this season. Period.

Kblaze8855
12-09-2020, 02:10 PM
After video footage of Lillard draining three-straight halfcourt shots at the Portland practice facility surfaced, Lillard was asked if he would take that shot in a game.
“It’s very possible,” Lillard said, as reported by Jamie Hudson at NBC Sports Northwest (https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/trail-blazers/damian-lillard-has-informed-terry-stotts-he-will-pull-half-court-season).

Lillard told Portland coach Terry Stotts to expect some halfcourt, logo Lillard shots this season.

“I told him that I’m going to do it…” Lillard said. “Terry, he sees me in here every day. I work on my game. I address the things that I feel like I could do better, but the things that I do well, I just keep getting better at it, I spend time doing and I try to expand on that.”
Stotts responded like a coach.

“I know it’s coming. I just hope he makes it,” Stotts said.
CJ McCollum was blunter.
I told him: he do that s****, he better make it,” McCollum said. “He’s got the range. He’s been close. He’s smart enough to know when to do something like that and when not to.”

Kblaze8855
12-09-2020, 02:13 PM
So.....

A guy pulls up from 45-50 feet in a game and it doesn’t go in....

He would be destroyed by his coach and teammates in any other era.

Dame is gonna go it for a laugh and get away with it.

I hope he misses the first one just so the camera cuts to the coaching staff trying to hide their rage.

Marchesk
12-09-2020, 03:49 PM
Get a whole generation of Steph/Dame/Trae guards coming in with 35 foot range.

Wait till that’s a standard part of the skill set or even just....common enough you have 4 people on each team you gotta defend at 30 feet at all times.

Im not sure what you do about it defense wise. They expand the floor and stick a 4 point line all around the paint will look like a rookie sophomore game style in game dunk contest.

Its gonna happen. We may not be here to see it.....but it’s coming.

Stop watching because it's not longer the same sport. I also can't wait to see how the traveling rules evolve by then. 3 steps and two gather steps?

Kblaze8855
12-09-2020, 04:42 PM
The “not the same sport” argument has existed for literally 100 years though. Phog Allen the games first ever head coach was saying players tall enough to dunk make it not be basketball. They tried to put a 6’2” height limit for the olympics after we sent some 6’7” goons to make a mockery of the sport and get scores into the 40s. Said fans wouldn’t have anything to cheer for when the giants made scoring so easy. And that was 90 years ago.

Traditionalists will always call change too drastic in my experience. It’s all basketball. I just think they would need to alter it a bit back in favor of the defenses. If you have to guard people out to 35 feet and Dame starts wetting 50 footers do you still needs freedom of movement rules?

It can’t all go towards the offense forever can it?

Manny98
12-09-2020, 05:38 PM
Remember the days where players could barely shoot beyond 5ft :lol

How far we've come :applause:

tpols
12-09-2020, 05:53 PM
These were staple shots for 2016 UMVP Chef.

Kblaze8855
12-09-2020, 05:58 PM
I suspect Dame made more this year than Steph did in 2016 unless the fewer games made up the difference. Dame does it all the time for no reason. Steph started it but he was halfway reasonable with it. The whole league got way more comfortable after he got it started as a regular thing.

bobopenguin
12-09-2020, 08:09 PM
https://youtu.be/OYlDIcoRkzQ

And in a move that may show just how weak current coaches are compared to players....Lillard has informed Stotts that he WILL be taking some half court threes this season. Period.

damn he made it look so easy, good form!