PDA

View Full Version : Having Pippen didnt constitute "stacking the deck" - but teaming up with 2 stars does

3ball
11-17-2020, 03:18 PM
1 star should've been enough, but he wanted to stack the deck

So it's the deck-stacking that hurts lebron's legacy - he's a ring chaser from 2011 onwards

And btw, teaming up with the 2020 playoff scoring leader that led the team statistically is also stacking the deck

Manny98
11-17-2020, 03:21 PM
1-9

highwhey
11-17-2020, 03:27 PM
OP is a b1tch

StrongLurk
11-17-2020, 04:13 PM

So it's the deck-stacking that hurts lebron's legacy - he's a ring chaser from 2011 onwards

And btw, teaming up with the 2020 playoff scoring leader that led the team statistically is also stacking the deck

OP is legit the biggest loser I've ever interacted with on the internet.

3ball
11-17-2020, 06:56 PM
OP is legit the biggest loser I've ever interacted with on the internet.

Excluding basketball, I've reached heights that you and probably anyone on this forum will never reach and can only fantasize about

But your post is standard ISH and weak argument tactic that you learned on youtube - if you can't refute the substance, attack the messenger lol.. lame and transparent

Vino24
11-17-2020, 07:21 PM
Pete Myers replacing MJ resulted in 2 less wins

SATAN
11-17-2020, 07:49 PM
Excluding basketball, I've reached heights that you and probably anyone on this forum will never reach and can only fantasize about

But your post is standard ISH and weak argument tactic that you learned on youtube - if you can't refute the substance, attack the messenger lol.. lame and transparent

Meltdown

Vino24
11-17-2020, 08:36 PM
Pete Myers replacing MJ resulted in 2 less wins

Conclusion: MJ is worth 2 wins compared to Pete

3ball
11-17-2020, 08:38 PM
Conclusion: MJ is worth 2 wins compared to Pete

By your logic, KD is worth -8 wins

So the playoffs reveal the truth.. not the regular season

StrongLurk
11-17-2020, 08:51 PM

Your posts on ISH have zero integrity, that's why you get crap responses all the time. Everyone thinks you're a joke and you don't seem to even realize that, even after 30,000 posts.

TheCorporation
11-17-2020, 09:01 PM
Having LeBron = stacking the deck

3ball
11-17-2020, 09:02 PM
Your posts on ISH have zero integrity, that's why you get crap responses all the time. Everyone thinks you're a joke and you don't seem to even realize that, even after 30,000 posts.

No one can refute the facts I post and stats that I link, so they use weak tactics they saw on youtube

I came across this dude that was telling viewers how to have good comebacks in verbal interactions, and he advised the same tactic that Stronglurk used earlier itt...

If someone says something you don't like, attack them, aka "well that's rich coming from a guy that can't tuck in his shirt".. or something like that... Lol... You guys are weak

TheCorporation
11-17-2020, 09:03 PM
Reminder: 3ball posted this before:

Hey bitch - if I catch you or anyone else from this loser ass board following me, I will beat you down in self defense. You will be in the hospital if I catch you following me as anyone that is following me I will deem a threat to my health

I've already filed police reports against your screen name and others I suspect. Im also getting restraining orders to ban the screen name from playing on the site where you outed yourself as my stalker

Don't let me catch you, you tiny tiny man. You'll be even tinier when I get done with you

3ball
11-17-2020, 09:06 PM

Hey bitch - if I catch you or anyone else from this loser ass board following me, I will beat you down in self defense. You will be in the hospital if I catch you following me as anyone that is following me I will deem a threat to my health

I've already filed police reports against your screen name and others I suspect. Im also getting restraining orders to ban the screen name from playing on the site where you outed yourself as my stalker

Don't let me catch you, you tiny tiny man. You'll be even tinier when I get done with you

What can I say

I'm kind of a tough guy that can go off on people.. if i would've seen sdot in real life, I would've whooped his ass for stalking me.. in self defense of course.. no threat

Vino24
11-17-2020, 09:07 PM
MJ played with 3 Pippen’s in 86 and lost handily

Axe
11-17-2020, 09:14 PM
What can I say

I'm kind of a tough guy that can go off on people.. if i would've seen sdot in real life, I would've whooped his ass for stalking me.. in self defense of course.. no threat
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ofSBwVbLC7yKetOJq/giphy.gif

3ball
11-17-2020, 09:14 PM
MJ played with 3 Pippen’s in 86 and lost handily

Gervin missed the playoffs

So Jordan played with 1 pippen (Woolridge), which wasn't enough because a super-team with many HOF's was required to win the 80's East

But I'm sure MJ/Woolridge win the 00's East because 1-star teams routinely won (01', 02', 03', 07', 09')

TheCorporation
11-17-2020, 09:18 PM
What can I say

:roll::roll:

Really? You? A 50 year old bald dude?

MadDog
11-17-2020, 09:23 PM
Pippen was a really good player, but he was no Wade or AD (the Lakers best player in the postseason). Would people think Jordan was GOAT if he had another player outscore him in the playoffs? :confusedshrug: That's what AD did this past run.

if i would've seen sdot in real life, I would've whooped his ass for stalking me.. in self defense of course.. no threat

You got a stalker on here? :oldlol:

red1
11-17-2020, 09:57 PM
OP is the biggest clown in the history of this board.

as a true armchair basketball scholar, I can say I've had this boy in an intellectual chokehold for years.

sdot_thadon
11-17-2020, 10:00 PM

This happened!:oldlol:

What can I say

Bruh, you wouldn't have beat shit but your meat to Mj highlights, and who....In....the hell, would want to "stalk" a puss like yourself? Inquiring minds would like to know.

TheCorporation
11-17-2020, 10:01 PM

Bruh, you wouldn't have beat shit but your meat to Mj highlights, and who....In....the hell, would want to "stalk" a puss like yourself? Inquiring minds would like to know.

:lol :lol :lol

Axe
11-17-2020, 10:01 PM

:party::party::party:

3ball
11-17-2020, 10:07 PM

You would've gotten your ass whooped

I'm guessing it's happened before

3ball
11-17-2020, 10:08 PM
OP is the biggest clown in the history of this board.

as a true armchair basketball scholar, I can say I've had this boy in an intellectual chokehold for years.

:yaohappy:

Axe
11-17-2020, 10:10 PM
https://pa1.narvii.com/6910/8c32ed72c5fd881983f9b26d3bdaee9b763c4646r1-500-270_hq.gif

sdot_thadon
11-17-2020, 10:52 PM
You would've gotten your ass whooped

I'm guessing it's happened before

Get off the gas homie, you say you filed police reports over screen names,:oldlol:imagine the 6 lb shit you take in your pants if you saw a real person. And as it is, I'm not the type to play E-Thug with ya, I find this hilarious. But i will say this: in like 100k post have you even been able to win an internet argument? I haven't seen one yet, so I kinda seriously doubt your prowess at basically anything else in life. You got alot of heart tho...:D

TheCorporation
11-17-2020, 11:02 PM
Get off the gas homie, you say you filed police reports over screen names,:oldlol:imagine the 6 lb shit you take in your pants if you saw a real person. And as it is, I'm not the type to play E-Thug with ya, I find this hilarious. But i will say this: in like 100k post have you even been able to win an internet argument? I haven't seen one yet, so I kinda seriously doubt your prowess at basically anything else in life. You got alot of heart tho...:D

3ball: heLLO poLiCe, i nEeD yOu tO bAn aN aCCouNt on tHe iNterNeT fOr me

Police:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tk09DvPTuyjKGbK/giphy.gif

NBAGOAT
11-17-2020, 11:03 PM
Op seriously has lost it and i'm never surprised at how bad of a human he genuinely is. He's a stain on our species at this points lol.

Anyway to refute your argument if lebron teamed up with just wade you would say that's stacking the deck because he was a mvp candidate so it would have to be just lebron/bosh. you're just way off saying that's clearly enough to win a title when without hindsight bias bos's big 4 and the kobe lakers existed

red1
11-18-2020, 12:20 AM
:yaohappy:
Indeed.

I was in the top-2 camp from the beginning.

You said "not top-15"

Then "not top-10"

So you still lost either way

RoundMoundOfReb
11-18-2020, 01:15 AM
It's all relative to era. The mid-late 90s were an incredibly weak era. Pippen is easily first-team all decade in the 90s. I would wager he would receive more votes than any forward, Malone included.

Pipes2.0
11-18-2020, 01:48 AM
Lebron winning his Fourth chip has put OP in shambles. Hang in there, bud.

light
11-18-2020, 03:49 AM
Pippen was the best player in the league when Jordan returned in 1995, so Jordan joined the team with the best player in the league.

LeBron has never done that.

The 1996 Bulls were the most super stacked team of the 90's.

k0kakw0rld
11-18-2020, 05:08 AM

Celtics constructed a team to prevent LeBron from winning. Remember (KG, Pierce, Ray, Rondo) What was he supposed to do? Stay in Cleveland with an incompetent front office?

JUST SHUT YOUR STUPID ASS UP

Baller789
11-18-2020, 06:32 AM
Pippen was the best player in the league when Jordan returned in 1995, so Jordan joined the team with the best player in the league.

LeBron has never done that.

The 1996 Bulls were the most super stacked team of the 90's.

Pippen was the best nba player in 95?

Lolololol.

3ball
11-18-2020, 02:32 PM
Celtics constructed a team to prevent LeBron from winning. Remember (KG, Pierce, Ray, Rondo) What was he supposed to do? Stay in Cleveland with an incompetent front office?

He was favored in 2010 because the Celtics were old and injured

and when lebron beat the Celtics in 2012, KG was 36 years old and completely done... Allen was 36 too.. Pierce 34

ImKobe
11-18-2020, 02:41 PM

Lebron was up 2 - 1 and choked in 3 straight losses, inexcusable. I'm sure it's his "terrible" supporting cast that made him shoot 34% with 6.3 TOV in the 3 straight losses.

StrongLurk
11-18-2020, 02:56 PM
No one can refute the facts I post and stats that I link, so they use weak tactics they saw on youtube

I came across this dude that was telling viewers how to have good comebacks in verbal interactions, and he advised the same tactic that Stronglurk used earlier itt...

If someone says something you don't like, attack them, aka "well that's rich coming from a guy that can't tuck in his shirt".. or something like that... Lol... You guys are weak

You can say whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you have no integrity in your posts about Lebron. Everyone on ISH knows this. You are a two-faced, contradictory politician when you talk about Lebron vs any other NBA player.

3ball
12-22-2020, 10:46 PM
You can say whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you have no integrity in your posts about Lebron. Everyone on ISH knows this. You are a two-faced, contradictory politician when you talk about Lebron vs any other NBA player.

You say I have no integrity because you erroneously think that I don't respect lebron as a basketball player

But I do, so you're wrong

I think he's probably as good as Dr. J, but nowhere near MJ... And I've proven this.. if you don't like it, shove it

iamgine
12-23-2020, 12:19 AM
OP can believe what he wants. It's his right.

3ball
12-23-2020, 12:22 AM
OP can believe what he wants.

It's stats, not opinion - Pippen did not constitute stacking the deck:

20' Ingram..'..... 18.8 PER.. 2.4 BPM.. 0.115 WS/48.. 2.2 VORP
90' Pippen.....'.. 16.3 PER.. 1.8 BPM.. 0.087 WS/48.. 3.0 VORP

05' L Hughes.... 21.6 PER.. 4.3 BPM.. 0.157 WS/48.. 3.7 VORP

09' Mo Will...'.... 17.2 PER.. 2.3 BPM.. 0.165 WS/48.. 3.1 VORP

And Pippen wasn't an all-star in 91'

Ultimately, Pippen has lower career BPM, PER, and WS/48 than Wade/AD/Kyrie - so lebron had 3 teammates that were bigger producers, but had zero #1 offenses...

and 90' Pippen was lower stats across the board than 20' Ingram, 05' Hughes, or 09' Mo

Again, that isn't "opinion" - it's the statistical record

GrayGoat
12-23-2020, 12:38 AM
No Pip?

3ball
12-23-2020, 12:41 AM
No Pip?

Pippen is just the lucky bum that happened to be there as mj entered his prime - mj won in spite of having a Kevin Love-caliber production rate at his 2nd option (pippen ranks approximately 120th all-time in production rate, aka PER, WS/48, OBPM, etc)

GrayGoat
12-23-2020, 12:42 AM
Pippen is just the lucky bum that happened to be there as mj entered his prime - mj won in spite of having a Kevin Love-caliber BPM, production and stats at his 2nd option

Lucky bum that played goat perimeter defense and outscored every 2nd option

trada7029
12-23-2020, 12:50 AM
Lucky bum that played goat perimeter defense and outscored every 2nd option

The scrappy, non-stars needed for a good defense are easy to get, whereas high-producing #1 options are hard to find - guys like Bosh and Love require significant effort and team altering to acquire, let alone the truly elite #1 options like Wade, AD, or Kyrie.... whereas a couple Crowders, Shumperts, or Battiers for good defense are cheap and easy to find

And both Jordan and lebron need good defenders as teammates, whereas only lebron needed juggernaut offensive players, while Jordan had weak offensive help

GrayGoat
12-23-2020, 12:56 AM
The scrappy, non-stars needed for a good defense are easy to get, whereas high-producing #1 options are hard to find - guys like Bosh and Love require significant effort and team altering to acquire, let alone the truly elite #1 options like Wade, AD, or Kyrie.... whereas a couple Crowders, Shumperts, or Battiers for good defense are cheap and easy to find

And both Jordan and lebron need good defenders as teammates, whereas only lebron needed juggernaut offensive players, while Jordan had weak offensive help
We’ve watched the games, read the books, seen the film. You are not changing anyone’s mind 3ball.

3ball
12-23-2020, 12:59 AM
We’ve watched the games, read the books, seen the film. You are not changing anyone’s mind 3ball.

You didn't watch shit. You never saw pippen or Jordan

Pippen was considered a stiff

3ball
12-23-2020, 01:11 AM

The stats tell the story

Lebron had 4 teammates with higher production rates than pippen (higher PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48)

but despite superior offensive help, lebron's teams had zero #1 offenses compared to 4 for Jordan

That's fact... Not opinion

So we know that lebron has underachieving offenses given the superior offensive help, which is only possible with an inferior brand of ball..

indeed, his ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (talent-based winning).. ultimately, ball-dominance and talent-based winning loses to organic ball movement, so lebron has a lottery record against organic ball movement teams (Mavs, Spurs, Warriors)

trada7029
12-23-2020, 03:14 AM
The stats tell the story

Lebron had 4 teammates with higher production rates than pippen (higher PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48)

but despite superior offensive help, lebron's teams had zero #1 offenses compared to 4 for Jordan

That's fact... Not opinion

So we know that lebron has underachieving offenses given the superior offensive help, which is only possible with an inferior brand of ball..

indeed, his ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (talent-based winning).. ultimately, ball-dominance and talent-based winning loses to organic ball movement, so lebron has a lottery record against organic ball movement teams (Mavs, Spurs, Warriors)

Facts gonna facts

is there any other player whose career production rate rankings are far different than their perceived ranking like Pippen?

Pippen's production rates rank about 120th (PER, WS/48, OBPM, peak VORP, efficiency), but he's perceived top 30 by TV

Shooter
05-26-2021, 10:51 PM
3ball: heLLO poLiCe, i nEeD yOu tO bAn aN aCCouNt on tHe iNterNeT fOr me

Police:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tk09DvPTuyjKGbK/giphy.gif

:roll::roll:

3ball outchea like

https://i.postimg.cc/TPV7DxFw/frog-help.gif