PDA

View Full Version : 24 years ago Allen Iverson made his nba debut

Lebron23
11-01-2020, 12:07 PM
He scored 30 points on 12/19 from the field.

pandiani17
11-01-2020, 03:18 PM
My man AI. Pound-for-pound the best player in the history of the game.

Kiddlovesnets
11-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Iverson is the worst cancer in NBA history. You've heard of many players being called 'a cancer', but Iverson is referred to as 'the cancer', Iverson's name is synonym to Cancer in NBA.

pandiani17
11-01-2020, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Kiddlovesnets;14174139]Iverson is the worst cancer in NBA history. You've heard of many players being called 'a cancer', but Iverson is referred to as 'the cancer', Iverson's name is synonym to Cancer in NBA.[/QUO

:facepalm Yeah, that's why he won an MVP, two all-star MVPs, multiple scoring titles, won the individual match-up with Kobe in the 2001 finals, made deeper play-off runs than Vince or T-Mac, crossed over MJ, etc.

fourkicks44
11-01-2020, 06:13 PM
Unless you saw him at the time, I don't think people realize how much AI dunked in games as a rookie.

If I remember correct, his first NBA points were a goal tend after he tried to go up two hands and throw it down on the whole Bucks team.

Kiddlovesnets
11-01-2020, 06:24 PM
:facepalm Yeah, that's why he won an MVP, two all-star MVPs, multiple scoring titles, won the individual match-up with Kobe in the 2001 finals, made deeper play-off runs than Vince or T-Mac, crossed over MJ, etc.

Why are you so triggered? Almost every basketball fan agrees that Allen Iverson is a cancer, its not even an opinion anymore, its fact.

Drygon
11-01-2020, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Kiddlovesnets;14174139]Iverson is the worst cancer in NBA history. You've heard of many players being called 'a cancer', but Iverson is referred to as 'the cancer', Iverson's name is synonym to Cancer in NBA.[/QUO

AI had much better supporting cast than Vince & T-Mac had. It's just that simple.

HylianNightmare
11-01-2020, 06:47 PM
What a pleasure to watch was prime AI

RRR3
11-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Unless you saw him at the time, I don't think people realize how much AI dunked in games as a rookie.

If I remember correct, his first NBA points were a goal tend after he tried to go up two hands and throw it down on the whole Bucks team.
B-ref has the data and you made me curious so, fun fact: he had 67 dunks in his first two seasons, but only 57 for the rest of his career. Not counting the playoffs btw.

fourkicks44
11-01-2020, 09:22 PM
B-ref has the data and you made me curious so, fun fact: he had 67 dunks in his first two seasons, but only 57 for the rest of his career. Not counting the playoffs btw.

He was also supposed to be in the Dunk Contest as a rookie but pulled out due to shoulder soreness.

It's like once he got cornrows he didn't want to dunk no more.

MadDog
11-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Iverson was a walking bucket the minute he stepped onto the court. And had Jordan/Rodman feeling a certain type of way. :oldlol: Rodman threw cheapshots and Jordan talked about his play NOT being conducive to winning. In my opinion, they weren't accustomed to seeing a dude that size and fearless CHUCK shots. AI wasn't always efficient (in a defensive minded league), but damn if he wasn't skilled and tough. One of the greatest ISO scorers ever.

Axe
11-01-2020, 10:36 PM
AI is one solid living proof why ty lue sucked in basketball, whether as player or as a coach.