PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Power Forwards of All-Time Voting Part 4: Players 16-20

L.Kizzle
10-30-2020, 12:00 AM
Select and rank the next five (players 16 through 20) of the greatest POWER FORWARDS of All-Time. A 48 Hour window will be given to make your choices or debate why said player should or shouldn’t be here. After 48 Hours, the top five will be selected and another five will be added to the pool of players.

Players to Choose From
Amar’e Stoudemire
Blake Griffin
Chris Bosh
Connie Hawkins
Dave DeBusschere
George McGinnis
Gus Johnson
Jermaine O’Neal
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge
Ralph Sampson
Rasheed Wallace
Shawn Kemp
Spencer Haywood
Tom Heinsohn

Top 25 Power Forwards: 1-15
1 Tim Duncan
2 Kevin Garnett
3 Karl Malone
4 Dirk Nowitzki
5 Charles Barkley
6 Bob Pettit
7 Kevin McHale
8 Elvin Hayes
9 Giannis Antetokounmpo
10 Anthony Davis
11 Pau Gasol
12 Dennis Rodman
13 Dolph Schayes
13 Chris Webber
15 Jerry Lucas

Voting Results
Number of Voters - 7
Number of Players Receiving Votes - 12

Pau Gasol (3) 1st Place Votes / (3) 2nd Place Votes = 51 Points
Dennis Rodman (1) 1st Place Vote / (4) 2nd Place Votes = 38 Points
Dolph Schayes (2) 1st Place Votes / (1) 4th Place Vote= 23 Points
Chris Webber (4) 3rd Place Votes / (1) 4th Place Vote = 23 Points
Jerry Lucas (1) 1st Place Vote / (2) 4th Place Votes = 16 Points
Tom Heinsohn (1) 3rd Place Vote / (1) 4th Place Vote / (1) 5th Place Vote = 9 Points
Dave DeBusschere (1) 3rd Place Vote / (1) 5th Place Vote = 6 Points
Chris Bosh (1) 4th Place Vote / (3) 5th Place Vote = 6 Points
Amar’e Stoudemire (1) 3rd Place Vote = 5 Points
George McGinnis (1) 4th Place Vote = 3 Points
Shawn Kemp (1) 5th Place Vote = 1 Point
Blake Griffin (1) 5th Place Vote = 1 Point

Voting Criteria
Five Seasons or more played in the NBA
1 = 10 Pts
2 = 7 Pts
3 = 5 Pts
4 = 3 Pts
5 = 1 Pt

Top-25-Power-Forwards-of-All-Time-Voting-Part-3-Players-11-15 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?486760-Top-25-Power-Forwards-of-All-Time-Voting-Part-3-Players-11-15)

Reggie43
10-30-2020, 01:11 AM
George Mcginnis
Shawn Kemp
Jermaine Oneal
Rasheed Wallace
Dave DeBusschere

dankok8
10-30-2020, 01:21 AM
16. Dave DeBusschere
17. Spencer Haywood
18. Amare Stoudemire
19. Connie Hawkins
20. Kevin Love

Phenith
10-30-2020, 09:18 AM
Dave DeBusschere
Shawn Kemp
Tom Heinsohn
Chris Bosh
Rasheed Wallace

L.Kizzle
10-30-2020, 07:35 PM
The first backboard shattered in the NBA was not by Shaq or Wilt, but by Gus Johnson.

tanibanana
10-30-2020, 07:43 PM
Dave DeBusschere
LaMarcus Aldridge
George McGinnis
Shawn Kemp
Spencer Haywood

L.Kizzle
10-30-2020, 08:10 PM
Dave DeBusschere
LaMarcus Aldridge
George McGinnis
Shawn Kemp
Spencer Haywood
What's your take on Aldridge vs Amare?

tanibanana
10-30-2020, 09:01 PM
What's your take on Aldridge vs Amare?

This is the reason why some just prefer to rank players only up to top-5 or top-10. The further the list goes, the more difficult it gets. The gap between a player let’s say rank 3-5 rungs higher/lower could be as slim as one All-Star nod, or a +0.5-ppg career statistics.

And this is the case now that we are over the top-15.

I have LaMarcus over Amare even both are virtually on the same tier, but extremely different type of playing. Bacause (1) Aldridge will most likely to have a longer career, meaning he could still add up a few minor dings (2) Aldridge most likely to end up with better statistics in per game and in totals. Although I would agree to anyone who will say Amare was the more dangerous player (during their peak years).

L.Kizzle
10-30-2020, 09:16 PM
This is the reason why some just prefer to rank players only up to top-5 or top-10. The further the list goes, the more difficult it gets. The gap between a player let’s say rank 3-5 rungs higher/lower could be as slim as one All-Star nod, or a +0.5-ppg career statistics.

And this is the case now that we are over the top-15.

I have LaMarcus over Amare even both are virtually on the same tier, but extremely different type of playing. Bacause (1) Aldridge will most likely to have a longer career, meaning he could still add up a few minor dings (2) Aldridge most likely to end up with better statistics in per game and in totals. Although I would agree to anyone who will say Amare was the more dangerous player (during their peak years).
I guess I'm outside the norm. I mean, who wants to discuss the same 5 players every time?

And, I don't think it's more difficult to tank, rather it's more entertaining (or should be any how.) It brings out for better discussion. I mean there is a Malone vs Barkley topic on the first page right now. There is probably 10 Malone vs Chuck topics a year, but who brings up Jerry Lucas or Bob Lanier or Bernard King or Tim Hardaway (not Jr?) It's always nice to talk about someone out outside the top 5 or things just get downright boring.

That's why I created these topics to get people from talking about the same 5-10 players all day, every day.

L.Kizzle
10-31-2020, 01:13 PM
Spencer Haywood is the reason guys don't have to complete four years of college to play in the NBA. His case went to the Supreme Court.

Connie Hawkins also had to go the court to play in the league after previously being banned.

Tom Heinsohn won rookie of the year over his teammate Bill Russell.