PDA

View Full Version : Mj and pip vs bron and kobe who wins?

Bronbron23
10-27-2020, 05:00 PM
The question was brought up on first take. Is this even a question? Bron and kobe would win fairly easy imo. Mj and pip would be slightly better defensively but bron and kobe would have a significant advantage on offense. Kobe and bron are only a tic behind mj offensively but they're both way better than pip. I mean kobe is basically mj and bron is pip gone super sayin. Does anyone think mj and pip have a chance?

SouBeachTalents
10-27-2020, 05:13 PM
Kobe is absolutely not basically Jordan :lol And yeah, I would go with LeBron/Kobe in this scenario, but you acting like it's an outrage to pick a player considered the GOAT & Pippen, a duo that won 6 titles together, is pretty weird

Ben Simmons
10-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Strange debate. Lebron and Kobe obviously

2ball
10-27-2020, 06:27 PM
Probably LeBron and Kobe. But Kobe could easily shoot them out of the game

RoundMoundOfReb
10-27-2020, 06:28 PM
Like 2-on-2 or as the core of a team?

Bronbron23
10-27-2020, 06:33 PM
Kobe is absolutely not basically Jordan :lol And yeah, I would go with LeBron/Kobe in this scenario, but you acting like it's an outrage to pick a player considered the GOAT & Pippen, a duo that won 6 titles together, is pretty weird

Well he played alot like mj. Mj was obviously better but its not like its not close.

tpols
10-27-2020, 06:35 PM
The gap between Lebron and Pippen vs MJ and Kobe is simply massive. But Kobe and Lebron were number 1 and number 2 in the league when their primes intersected. Pippen was never even close to being number 2 with MJ. It would be like giving Jordan Hakeem or Shaq.

Bronbron23
10-27-2020, 06:41 PM
Like 2-on-2 or as the core of a team?

Core of the team. So i guess if the supporting cast is equal. I know mj is better than kobe because he had a better career but i do think head to head kobe would give mj a go. It would almost be a wash. On the other end lebron is significantly better than pip. He does everything pip does offensively but better. Pip was a better defender though. I guess it depends on if pip can defend bron. In the the past its been long athletic defenders thats given bron some trouble so maybe it be closer than i initially thought. I just think bron and kobe together would be an offensive nightmare. Even for mj and pip.

2ball
10-27-2020, 06:44 PM
The gap between Lebron and Pippen vs MJ and Kobe is simply massive. But Kobe and Lebron were number 1 and number 2 in the league when their primes intersected. Pippen was never even close to being number 2 with MJ. It would be like giving Jordan Hakeem or Shaq.
Pippen better defender than all 4

ImKobe
10-27-2020, 06:45 PM
Kobe and Bron, Kobe torches Pip and defends MJ, Lebron outplays Pip if we do H2H, they're a better scoring duo as well.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-27-2020, 06:48 PM
Core of the team. So i guess if the supporting cast is equal. I know mj is better than kobe because he had a better career but i do think head to head kobe would give mj a go. It would almost be a wash. On the other end lebron is significantly better than pip. He does everything pip does offensively but better. Pip was a better defender though. I guess it depends on if pip can defend bron. In the the past its been long athletic defenders thats given bron some trouble so maybe it be closer than i initially thought. I just think bron and kobe together would be an offensive nightmare. Even for mj and pip.

I would absolutely take Kobe and LeBron in that case. I get like 15 years of both being all-nba caliber at the same time.

2ball
10-27-2020, 06:48 PM
V
Kobe and Bron, Kobe torches Pip and defends MJ, Lebron outplays Pip.

LeBron would have to guard MJ at times like he had to guard Murray AND Jokic. LeBron is the ultimate Swiss Army knife. He would guard MJ and force Pippen to shoot. Game over

ImKobe
10-27-2020, 06:50 PM
V

LeBron would have to guard MJ at times like he had to guard Murray AND Jokic

Nah, Kobe is a better option to defend Jordan, he would demand that challenge and Lebron would be forced to agree on it, though both would do a decent job all things considered. The key to them being a better duo is their offense though, whether we look at is as 2 v 2 or building a team around the 2. Pippen simply isn't nearly as good as Kobe & Lebron offensively.

2ball
10-27-2020, 07:05 PM
Nah, Kobe is a better option to defend Jordan, he would demand that challenge and Lebron would be forced to agree on it, though both would do a decent job all things considered. The key to them being a better duo is their offense though, whether we look at is as 2 v 2 or building a team around the 2. Pippen simply isn't nearly as good as Kobe & Lebron offensively.

Nah LeBron is the better matchup. LeBron routinely locks up small and quicker players than MJ

AlternativeAcc.
10-27-2020, 07:38 PM
Well, Pip and Kobe are essentially a wash.

So lebrons edge over Jordan gives the lebron/Kobe duo the advantage.

goozeman
10-27-2020, 07:38 PM
Just give Jordan Barkley or a better offensive player than Pippen to make it fair. Pippen ain't stopping anybody one-on-one or two-on-two. Go watch NBA players warm up in 1-v-1 drills. Offensive players usually score because if they can work their defender as much as they want. Pippen's man defense will not help at all and he's not near the offensive player as the other three.

2ball
10-27-2020, 07:42 PM
Just give Jordan Barkley or a better offensive player than Pippen to make it fair. Pippen ain't stopping anybody one-on-one or two-on-two. Go watch NBA players warm up in 1-v-1 drills. Offensive players usually score because if they can work their defender as much as they want. Pippen's man defense will not help at all and he's not near the offensive player as the other three.

Give LeBron Pippen and MJ Kobe and LeBron still wins

goozeman
10-27-2020, 07:44 PM
Give LeBron Pippen and MJ Kobe and LeBron still wins

Lol, okay. Good one.

light
10-27-2020, 07:56 PM
The answer is whoever has LeBron.

Bronbron23
10-27-2020, 09:23 PM
Nah LeBron is the better matchup. LeBron routinely locks up small and quicker players than MJ

Lebron has never had to check anyone with the combination of athleticism, skill and drive like mj. A much worse version of mj in all areas just had an atg series against lebron. Kobe would definitely be the one checking mj.

imdaman99
10-27-2020, 09:27 PM
Pippen was the perfect number 2 to MJ but that's because they had chemistry. Lebron and Kobe who knows who would be the 1st option. But I have a feeling if they played together they would figure it out. Going with Kobe and Lebron easily.

And1AllDay
10-27-2020, 10:11 PM

+1

Bronbron23
10-27-2020, 11:47 PM

That would sound good if lebron hasn't loss as much as he has. if bron and wade cant beat dirk and terry literally any decent duo has a chance at a win against bron.

Axe
10-28-2020, 01:24 AM
If scoring is going to be top priority, then it's already obvious which duo is more viable.

SATAN
10-28-2020, 01:31 AM
+1

+2

RoundMoundOfReb
10-28-2020, 01:37 AM
+2

+3

Bawkish
10-28-2020, 01:42 AM
Pip is an offensive liability so MJ would carry the load

Though Pip is a great defender, a great offensive players like Kobe & Bron would always win in every possible matchup against him

baudkarma
10-28-2020, 06:36 PM
Probably Bron and Kobe, thought Jordan/Pip could get the win if Jordans trash talk manages to get inside LeBrons head. Because you know Michael would be running his mouth nonstop.