PDA

View Full Version : Being a team fan vs being a player fan

bison
10-24-2020, 10:24 PM
Player fans are fcking cucks. I can’t imagine watching basketball and only liking one or two players. Team hopping, your fav player is always good so there are no highs and lows you experience being a team fan. I love being a team fan cause it allows me to like A LOT of players. My team was inherited from my dad and my city so I have a blood connection to my team, rather than just liking some random guy. Even then being a team fan has gifted me a favorite player who just happened to spend every year of his career on MY team.

We need more team fans on ISH rather than player fan trolls. You should celebrate when your TEAM wins. You should take it up the ass when your team loses. Trash talking would be so much more fun on ISH if it were all team fans instead of player fans.

Axe
10-24-2020, 10:27 PM
I agree with you op

bison
10-24-2020, 10:29 PM
I agree with you op

Thanks. So who is your team

Axe
10-24-2020, 10:30 PM
Thanks. So who is your team
The bulls but obviously they're still rebuilding from the trash they were in the last three seasons. So i can't be comfortable talking about them atm until they become relevant in the postseason once again.

bison
10-24-2020, 10:35 PM
I think kblaze is a bulls fan too. Respect to kblaze but whenever he makes one of his smartass posts I remind myself he is a bulls fans and probably has no 10 paragraph essay about their current situation.

Stanley Kobrick
10-24-2020, 10:38 PM
player fans are fcking cucks

Pandemic: LeCOVID3-6

La Familia/Kobe Army

bison
10-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Yeah I’m a member of the Kobe army, the LeBron familia, and the Brandon Ingram YDK gang. Living it up as a lakers fan. I said that in my OP idiot that being a team fan makes you love multiple players.

Axe
10-24-2020, 10:45 PM
I'd do the same thing if bran or kobe also played for the bulls at some point in their careers back then lol

bison
10-24-2020, 10:46 PM
“Stanley kobrick”

You named your Alt account after Kobe. Talk about cucked. At least I had the good Will to name myself after obscure player bison dele whom I’ve never watched.

Axe
10-24-2020, 10:48 PM
SK was a real life film director.

bison
I'd do the same thing if bran or kobe also played for the bulls at some point in their careers back then lol

We are spoiled but you have the GOAT. Jeez I hope you were a fan during the back to back three peats cause I couldn’t imagine.

Axe
We are spoiled but you have the GOAT. Jeez I hope you were a fan during the back to back three peats cause I couldn’t imagine.
What goat? Lmao.

bison
10-24-2020, 10:49 PM

2001 is my favorite movie of all time but the screen name has nothing to do with cinema and everything to do with being obsessed with Kobe and having no life

Stanley Kobrick
:cheers:

bison
What goat? Lmao.

This niqqa....

Man gtfo

Axe
10-24-2020, 10:52 PM
This niqqa....

Man gtfo
Oh did you mean baldan? I like him but here in ish, i guess i'm just going to consider him a guilty pleasure of mine.

Spurs m8
10-25-2020, 01:03 AM
Player fans are the jizz rags of sports fans.

They're not even fans...they are losers living their lives through grown men, to fill the void of their own shit lives.

Zero respect.

light
10-25-2020, 01:11 AM
Player fans are fcking cucks. I can’t imagine watching basketball and only liking one or two players. Team hopping, your fav player is always good so there are no highs and lows you experience being a team fan. I love being a team fan cause it allows me to like A LOT of players. My team was inherited from my dad and my city so I have a blood connection to my team, rather than just liking some random guy. Even then being a team fan has gifted me a favorite player who just happened to spend every year of his career on MY team.

We need more team fans on ISH rather than player fan trolls. You should celebrate when your TEAM wins. You should take it up the ass when your team loses. Trash talking would be so much more fun on ISH if it were all team fans instead of player fans.

Players don't lose?

You're talking out the side of your neck.

People will like what they like. You'll have to get over it.

scuzzy
10-25-2020, 01:16 AM
European laying out the fan guidelines and regulations in American city sports

Good stuff

TheCorporation
10-25-2020, 01:18 AM

Good stuff

:roll::roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-25-2020, 01:21 AM
2001 is my favorite movie of all time but the screen name has nothing to do with cinema and everything to do with being obsessed with Kobe and having no life

https://i.postimg.cc/6QPhHgnw/Capture.png

- "Pandemic: LeCOVID3-6" in title
- Feminine Picture of LeBron as avi
- "La Familia/Kobe Army/YDK Gang" as location
- says other poster is obsessed :lol

LoneyROY7
10-25-2020, 01:33 AM
OP is a team fan so he has more options to look at.

Can't settle on just one hunk.

PeroAntic
10-25-2020, 06:13 AM
My team was inherited from my dad and my city so I have a blood connection to my team, rather than just liking some random guy.

Yeah but if you dont have this background then it makes no sense to be a fan of one team, especially since in the NBA they are not clubs that stand for different values and histories but franchises without much tradition (with a few exceptions being the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics).

I mean whats the point of being a Seattle Sonics fan when one day a guy comes, buys out the franchise and just moves it to Oklahoma under a different name lol

Spurs m8
10-25-2020, 06:20 AM
I must clarify, if you're a 16 year old, then I understand being a player stan...to some degree...kids are kids.

If you're a grown man, obsessing over LeBron on here every day (we know who you are)...then my commiserations.
I hope one day you put that much time into yourself and break free from whatever hole you're in.
And one day you won't need to be so sad.

Horatio33
10-25-2020, 08:46 AM
The bulls but obviously they're still rebuilding from the trash they were in the last three seasons. So i can't be comfortable talking about them atm until they become relevant in the postseason once again.

Isn't part of being a fan supporting your team no matter how good or bad they are? I've been a Spurs fan since the mid 90s and the Spurs are going to struggle for a while after losing 3 HOFers and will soon lose a HOF coach. But I also realise I've been really lucky the last 20+ years so I look at the next few years a bit more favourably.

MaxPlayer
10-25-2020, 09:13 AM
If you're a grown man, obsessing over LeBron on here every day (we know who you are)...then my commiserations.
I hope one day you put that much time into yourself and break free from whatever hole you're in.
And one day you won't need to be so sad.

Are you addressing yourself here?

iamgine
10-25-2020, 09:32 AM

Who says you have to like only one or two players?

Why wouldn't there be high and lows with being players fan?

These are misguided assumptions I feel.

Mr. Woke
10-25-2020, 09:42 AM
I prefer following various players on different teams. Why would I limit myself to just one team?

FireDavidKahn
10-25-2020, 10:34 AM
I've rooted for the Wolves for the past 3 decades. We've had 1 and maybeeeeeeeee 2 seasons that would be considered successful. Once the Wolves are eliminated from the playoffs every year I absolutely still retain the right to root for something.

FireDavidKahn
10-25-2020, 10:35 AM
Yeah I’m a member of the Kobe army, the LeBron familia, and the Brandon Ingram YDK gang. Living it up as a lakers fan. I said that in my OP idiot that being a team fan makes you love multiple players.

This contradicts everything you said. You are admitting to being a team fan and a player fan(former Lakers)

Gohan
10-25-2020, 06:53 PM

Good stuff

Do you have the special edition lunar moonshoes?

Axe
10-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Isn't part of being a fan supporting your team no matter how good or bad they are? I've been a Spurs fan since the mid 90s and the Spurs are going to struggle for a while after losing 3 HOFers and will soon lose a HOF coach. But I also realise I've been really lucky the last 20+ years so I look at the next few years a bit more favourably.
I support them. I just said I'm not confident talking about them rn. I miss those days when the bulls had rose, deng, boozer, thibs and co. back then. Now with the newly overhauled front office, i really hope they can get back on track someday.

SATAN
10-25-2020, 11:21 PM
My favorite team were the Sonics. Favorite player Kemp. i can't just start following another team all of a sudden. Favorite player now LeBron but I like other players also. **** you OP.

Spurs m8
10-26-2020, 02:01 AM
I've rooted for the Wolves for the past 3 decades. We've had 1 and maybeeeeeeeee 2 seasons that would be considered successful. Once the Wolves are eliminated from the playoffs every year I absolutely still retain the right to root for something.

Youve never mentioned the Wolves once, lying cvnt.

You're a pathetic Bron stan

Axe
10-26-2020, 02:05 AM
Youve never mentioned the Wolves once, lying cvnt.

You're a pathetic Bron stan
His avy is pretty interesting tho