PDA

View Full Version : “Kyrie is entering his Stephon Marbury phase" - Anonymous Agent

LAmbruh
10-22-2020, 10:59 PM
NetsDaily has a some excerpts from The Athletic survey of anonymous agents. In regards to the Nets title chances this season, their feelings were skeptical, due to injurie concerns and personality mixes, chiefly with Kyrie Irving. Here are a few quotes:

Typical of the responses was this: “I think KD, if he’s healthy, is the best offensive player, and I buy Nash. But I give Kyrie two months before he’s a malcontent. So, no.” [...]

“No. No. Hell no. You’re banking on the highest level of volatility. It’s an impossibility. Kevin Durant is probably the best player in the NBA but Kyrie Irving is a total loose cannon and he’s not doing anything to show us anything but that right now. That’s going to be difficult. I hate to comment on people I don’t really know, but Kyrie is entering his Stephon Marbury phase. You can see it. It’s there. Basketball is not a priority for him.”

And this from John Hollinger:

The Nets have Kevin Durant recovering from an Achilles injury, Kyrie Irving recovering from a shoulder injury, and 15 other players recovering from spending a year with Kyrie Irving.” ��

Ouch. Suffice to say, Kyrie has accumulated a lot of baggage at this point from high point after the 2016 Finals. Being skeptical of the team’s chances is rightfully justified given we have no idea what KD will look like post-injury or what the team will look like to end the season. Still, thought those quotes from Kyrie were kind of jarring...

https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/10/22/21528431/the-athletic-paints-uncertain-portrait-of-nets-chances-in-2021

He is who we knew he was :confusedshrug:

AlternativeAcc.
10-22-2020, 11:01 PM
LeBron beat a 73 win team with the biggest cancer of all time as his 2nd option.

That happened

starface
10-22-2020, 11:02 PM
LeCarry

LeShouldererOfBurdens

LeCrossBearer

:bowdown:

light
10-22-2020, 11:22 PM
https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/10/22/21528431/the-athletic-paints-uncertain-portrait-of-nets-chances-in-2021

He is who we knew he was :confusedshrug:

Yeah but you know he is also a killer talent and he actually does have the ability to hunker down and focus long enough to win a title as the main sidekick.

So you might get your feelings hurt this season if he plays well.

LAmbruh
10-22-2020, 11:28 PM
Yeah but you know he is also a killer talent and he actually does have the ability to hunker down and focus long enough to win a title as the main sidekick.

So you might get your feelings hurt this season if he plays well.

Assuming he doesn't get injured?

Assuming he doesn't have a mid-life crisis and quit on some civil justice stunt?

Assuming he doesn't cause turmoil upon another playoff team turning them into a disaster?

I'm DYING to see the new updated version of Kyrie Irving next season :oldlol:

Bronbron23
10-22-2020, 11:37 PM
LeBron beat a 73 win team with the biggest cancer of all time as his 2nd option.

That happened

Damn 29 pts a game and the finals clinching shot. Yeah what a cancer he was:facepalm

Roundball_Rock
10-22-2020, 11:42 PM

Sure--but when he had LeBron as the team leader. Who is Brooklyn's leader? We know it certainly isn't KD. He may be the best player in 21' but he doesn't even want to be a leader, as he has admitted publicly (one reason he went to GS, where they had Curry and Green).

We saw what happened in Boston and Brooklyn. Each time he left due to injury or changing teams, the team that "lost" him improved considerably each time (so BOS 18', 19', 20' and BKN 20'--4 data points).

His entire career is defined by one series during the Obama administration for a reason.

TheGoatest
10-23-2020, 04:52 AM
This guy is like a wildfire. If controlled, it is possible for him to be beneficial. But if left to his own devices, he just destroys everything in his path.
And LeBron was the only one who was able to control him. Which is a testament to LeBron's greatness and leadership abilities.

Phoenix
10-23-2020, 05:02 AM
I see that situation playing out like the Clips this year. Neither one of the best players galvanizes the locker room so I don't know who else on the team does that. The comment about them not having a true head coach after hiring Nash makes me question how much control he'll have next year. Nash and Kyrie have conflicting styles and mentalities, as the former was a true floor general while Kyrie is more of a scoring weapon you deploy but needs to be reigned in by strong oncourt leadership.

They'll be fun to watch but Kyrie is so mercurial I wouldn't place any bets.

PP34Deuce
10-23-2020, 10:57 AM
That brooklyn team needs a leader. Durant is more likeable to locker rooms even if he's inconsistent with the media.

GrayGoat
10-23-2020, 11:03 AM
This guy is like a wildfire. If controlled, it is possible for him to be beneficial. But if left to his own devices, he just destroys everything in his path.
And LeBron was the only one who was able to control him. Which is a testament to LeBron's greatness and leadership abilities.

That’s a great analogy for Kyrie. A out of control wildfire. Only LeFirefighter with his massive hose could contain him

Wally450
10-23-2020, 12:50 PM
His entire career is defined by one series during the Obama administration for a reason.

It really is. :lol

I got people in real life telling me that Kyrie could've been FMVP in 2016.

I just look at them like this...

https://media.tenor.com/images/a523b25faa4d1b58927fbd584e7e5b84/tenor.gif

Dbrog
10-23-2020, 12:57 PM
I kinda disagree with this agent but this next season will either prove me wrong or not. I think Kyrie obviously has a huge ego about how "elite" he is and will start causing trouble if he's not playing with someone who he thinks is about as good as he is. I definitely he might find that respect with Durant. What could hurt that dynamic is Durant mentally is a weak ass Beta instead of an Alpha...luckily his level of play is Alpha level....time will tell I suppose

GrayGoat
10-23-2020, 01:00 PM
I kinda disagree with this agent but this next season will either prove me wrong or not. I think Kyrie obviously has a huge ego about how "elite" he is and will start causing trouble if he's not playing with someone who he thinks is about as good as he is. I definitely he might find that respect with Durant. What could hurt that dynamic is Durant mentally is a weak ass Beta instead of an Alpha...luckily his level of play is Alpha level....time will tell I suppose

Honestly the “Nets” and “Kyrie” seem like two different things no unity.

SouBeachTalents
10-23-2020, 01:47 PM
Sure--but when he had LeBron as the team leader. Who is Brooklyn's leader? We know it certainly isn't KD. He may be the best player in 21' but he doesn't even want to be a leader, as he has admitted publicly (one reason he went to GS, where they had Curry and Green).

We saw what happened in Boston and Brooklyn. Each time he left due to injury or changing teams, the team that "lost" him improved considerably each time (so BOS 18', 19', 20' and BKN 20'--4 data points).

You can never take 2016 anyway from Kyrie, he played like a legitimate superstar those last 5 games of the Finals, and had another monster scoring series in the '17 Finals too. But since then? He's been a huge disappointment. Flamed out in spectacular fashion in Boston, and is literally incapable of staying on the court. We'll see if he can get his shit together this season

Dbrog
10-23-2020, 01:55 PM
Honestly the “Nets” and “Kyrie” seem like two different things no unity.

Oh 100% agree. It's pretty clear Kyrie doesn't have respect for any organization regardless of its history (see Celtics). Kyrie does what's best for Kyrie

red1
10-23-2020, 03:39 PM
Im a kyrie hater but he's still a beast. I think the nets will be a good fit for him.

Theyll need what he brings to the table and will let him chuck to his heart's content.

Goldrush25
10-24-2020, 12:43 AM
He let his stans on Twitter pump his head up for hitting that shot. They made him believe he was on the level of Lebron. Boston got rid of his arse, BKN will be tired of him by next summer.

Shooter
10-24-2020, 12:45 AM

That happened

I still can't believe that mf did it

https://i.postimg.cc/G3jt1W6p/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

LeGOAT

LeCarry

Shooter
10-24-2020, 01:01 AM
LeCarry

LeShouldererOfBurdens

LeCrossBearer

https://i.postimg.cc/kXmVYHT5/Le-Crazy-Dream.png

Draz
10-24-2020, 01:35 AM
Idc how good you are. If you ain't healthy you ain't shit

pandiani17
10-24-2020, 04:50 AM
Im a kyrie hater but he's still a beast. I think the nets will be a good fit for him.

Theyll need what he brings to the table and will let him chuck to his heart's content.

Agree. I don't like KD or Kyrie either, but let's see what those Nets do. They don't look good to be honest, but the season hasn't started yet and people are already writing them off.

LonelyOwl
10-24-2020, 06:43 AM
I still can't believe that mf did it

https://i.postimg.cc/G3jt1W6p/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

LeGOAT

LeCarry