PDA

View Full Version : Will Melo-LeBron Unite Next Season?

AirTupac
10-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Melo has proven to be a decent bench player. He could easily take JR/Dion's spot. If JR can get 5 minutes in the finals, Melo can certainly be part of it lol. Will he win his first ring with his bestie? :confusedshrug:

MaxPlayer
10-08-2020, 12:10 PM
This would make some sense. Melo reinvented himself as a roleplayer this past season, which means he might finally have value to a contender. And if he was happy to take a reduced role on the Blazers, then surely he'll have no problem deferring to LeBron and AD.

On the other hand, it seemed like he really fit in well in Portland, so I could see him not wanting to mess with success and deciding to come back. Plus he might feel some loyalty to them for giving him a chance.

8Ball
10-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Markieff > Melo at this point.

rawimpact
10-08-2020, 01:03 PM
He's better than Green and Pope combined, but he prob wont come off the bench so no.

BigtimeNBAFan
10-08-2020, 01:53 PM
He should. He would be an improvement over much of the Laker's bench. He shoots as well from 3 as anyone on the current Lakers team and since for some stupid reason they want to shoot a million 3's a game, he would be an asset.

AirTupac
10-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Markieff > Melo at this point.

Yes very true. I fear Morris will demand more than 5 mill a year. Lakers are going to split up the MLE between Dwight and Kieff. Im worried Kieff will go somewhere with $$$.

He's better than Green and Pope combined, but he prob wont come off the bench so no.

Lakers probably struggle mightily reaching the finals if you replaced KCP this playoff with Melo. KCP has been a stud roleplayer. *** outta here.

8Ball
10-08-2020, 03:44 PM
Kieff gave up like $4M to be with the Lakers. He couldn't stand being on a loser team like Detroit.

Dude is 100% winner attitude. Where will he go in off season and be content with losing again?

Lakers should give him MLE 1 year. Lakers need both Kieff and Dwight.

Lebron_James
10-08-2020, 10:54 PM
I think Melo defense might be issue,also Lakers need some younger legs.

kawhileonard2
10-09-2020, 01:10 AM
Lebron had to tell story of saving Melo's life and thus Melo felt that he had to lose on purpose with Portland to Lebron.