PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget Dwight held Jokic to 16 points

Stanley Kobrick
09-25-2020, 01:14 PM
big move by Vogel to start D12 yesterday. who ended up with 12 points, 11 rebounds and only 2 personal fouls. one can make the argument he even outperformed Jokic who had just 16 points and 7 rebounds on 5 personal fouls, 8 of those points coming against anthony davis. dwight has been the catalyst in this series and disrupting everything Nuggets had planned. jokic was held scoreless in the 4th quarter

J Shuttlesworth
09-25-2020, 01:16 PM
The Dwight redemption arc is beautiful to see

Stanley Kobrick
09-25-2020, 01:18 PM
The Dwight redemption arc is beautiful to see
even though i'm a sonics fan i'm rooting for the lakers because i would like to see Dwight win a ring and right now he is rightfully earning one as a sound role player

rawimpact
09-25-2020, 01:28 PM
even though i'm a sonics fan i'm rooting for the lakers because i would like to see Dwight win a ring and right now he is rightfully earning one as a sound role player

Couldn't agree with this more.

I don't care if older players bandwagon-ing for a ring, I mean they deserve to know what it atleast feels like to be ontop even if they were never the top dog.

But in the case of dwight, who has had so many injuries and back problems it's good to see him win the very same place he failed the most.

I hope the Laker fans who didnt care for his back pain being an excuse finally give it a rest and enjoy what he has provided for this team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-25-2020, 01:30 PM
Agree with most of the posts here.

Dwight's been great on Jokic. Crashes the boards, talks trash and brings instant energy to the Laker second unit. He got the start yesterday though, and it paid off.

Stanley Kobrick
09-25-2020, 01:36 PM

I don't care if older players bandwagon-ing for a ring, I mean they deserve to know what it atleast feels like to be ontop even if they were never the top dog.

But in the case of dwight, who has had so many injuries and back problems it's good to see him win the very same place he failed the most.

I hope the Laker fans who didnt care for his back pain being an excuse finally give it a rest and enjoy what he has provided for this team.
after so many years he finally found his fit on a team. he's never looked so happy:cheers:

LAmbruh
09-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Bounced around from team to team to team

Outcasted as a career team cancer

Not a single team wanted to sign him

Until....

https://i.postimg.cc/R0mvngjK/dfhsfghsdfhfd.jpg

Hakkim90cc
09-25-2020, 02:39 PM
Some dweeb Philly fan was runnin around telling people Jokic is the best big in the league. Said he'd dominate AD and DHo.

:lol:oldlol:

fourkicks44
09-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Some dweeb Philly fan was runnin around telling people Jokic is the best big in the league. Said he'd dominate AD and DHo.

:lol:oldlol:

Look at the thread title baby boi.

Ain't say nothing about AD's defence:lol

BigtimeNBAFan
09-25-2020, 04:04 PM
It was a smart decision, but it was insane to only play Dwight 12 minutes in game 2 and only 14 minutes in game 3. No reason Dwight shouldn't have gotten more minutes in this series from the jump.

scuzzy
09-25-2020, 04:10 PM
He has practically taken the trench work off Davis' shoulders and exhausting Jokic for him

jlip
09-25-2020, 04:29 PM
I've been very impressed with Vogel's coaching this playoffs. His willingness to adjust to what the matchups dictated as opposed to stubbornly sticking to whatever the routine lineup plans were has been very critical to the Lakers' success. To go from completely benching Dwight and Javale in the Houston series to now starting Dwight is a simple strategy but is something some other coaches may have opposed.

Axe
09-25-2020, 04:46 PM

Lol i suddenly remember demarcus cousins because of this. Came to favored teams for a free lunch but couldn't get anything at all. Even having stephen curry by his side didn't do any wonders at all.

Stanley Kobrick
09-27-2020, 02:25 PM
rooting for you dwight

https://streamable.com/djbeh2

HylianNightmare
09-27-2020, 02:28 PM
It was a smart decision, but it was insane to only play Dwight 12 minutes in game 2 and only 14 minutes in game 3. No reason Dwight shouldn't have gotten more minutes in this series from the jump.

This. Dude constantly put up numbers even his injury shortened seasons

LBJFTW
09-27-2020, 02:29 PM
Dwight did very well, but joker still hasn’t developed the skill of shooting over his right shoulder off the pivot as well as he shoots over his left. So once he fixes that.....

imdaman99
09-27-2020, 02:35 PM
Dwight was a nuisance to Jokic. Vogel told him to knock off the histrionics and Dwight was a beast against him. Got so many offensive rebounds too.

TheCorporation
09-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Bounced around from team to team to team

Outcasted as a career team cancer

Not a single team wanted to sign him

Until....

https://i.postimg.cc/R0mvngjK/dfhsfghsdfhfd.jpg

From scraps to chips

Mask the Embiid
09-27-2020, 02:50 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/KYP9JxbL/Screenshot-2020-09-27-at-2-44-09-PM.png

TheGoatest
09-27-2020, 05:22 PM
He is constantly walking a thin line between helping and hurting his team. The Lakers looked to be in cruise control before that flagrant he committed on Millsap, which completely shifted the momentum in Denver's favor and allowed them to tie the game. He seriously needs to stop doing dumb shyt like that.