PDA

View Full Version : If the players does force to shut down 19/20 season, can owners terminate CBA?

Drygon
08-27-2020, 02:05 AM
The owners can legally just declare the players breached their current CBA and request to make a new CBA with a much lower salary cap and be financially unfavorable to the players. Owners can lose billions if the playoffs and NBA finals are cancelled. The owners will definitely use this as ammunition to punish the players in the next CBA.

As the title says, can this happen?

bobopenguin
08-27-2020, 02:11 AM
hard to say cos there are owners came out already publicly supports the players decision, i.e Mavs, Kings,Bucks.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-27-2020, 02:12 AM
I hope so, Adam silver is a giant ***** and never puts his foot down. NBA has given the players a platform and all they want is more and more. They went through all of this and are going to quit halfway through? Pathetic and embarrassing to the league. Players better sleep well tonight and wake up feeling differently tomorrow.

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 04:16 AM
I hope so, Adam silver is a giant ***** and never puts his foot down. NBA has given the players a platform and all they want is more and more. They went through all of this and are going to quit halfway through? Pathetic and embarrassing to the league. Players better sleep well tonight and wake up feeling differently tomorrow.

Does anyone have the text?

ImKobe
08-27-2020, 04:19 AM
They'll be forced to if this goes on. With the combination of the pandemic and players quitting in the first round of the Playoffs, I don't see how the league & the owners recover without reducing the salaries to make up for it. Sure, a few of the owners could take that hit, but not everyone has Ballmer's money. Players can't expect to get the same amount after all this.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 04:22 AM
According to WOJ, Michelle Roberts, head of players union, laid out the potential financial ramifications, including the owners ending the CBA, if they decide to go there. So yeah, it's a possibility.

Spurs m8
08-27-2020, 04:25 AM
The bubble restart has had massive BLM exposure and the message is out.
Its on the god damn court and jerseys ffs

Wtf more do the players want from the league?

The players have their own platform and millions of dollars...use it ffs

SATAN
08-27-2020, 04:29 AM
DeRozan m8

RENT FREE
This message is hidden because DeRozan m8 is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Spurs m8
08-27-2020, 04:33 AM
A little b1tch...just like his idol

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 04:35 AM
DeRozan m8

RENT FREE
This message is hidden because DeRozan m8 is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Lol man you're totally trolling