PDA

View Full Version : To all you 'asterisk' guys, what would it take for this ring to hold value to you?

SpaceJam
08-25-2020, 05:23 AM
What I'm asking is, I've seen a lot of people say "Oh this is an asterisk season, this one doesn't count". So what would it take, if any from a star player en route to winning a ring for you to say, okay yeah this is legit. Averaging 40+? 30pt triple double?

Me personally, I don't buy into the whole asterisk thing. You can make cases for a lot of season as to why said champion didn't have to go through the 'hardest road' whether it's lockouts, injuries, etc etc

bigbrownschaub
08-25-2020, 05:38 AM
lets be real. they're out here getting rawards for playing pickup games. no atlasphere no credibility. what else you got?

Gray GOAT
08-25-2020, 05:41 AM
Great thread OP, as per usual. Would 5* if I could. You can see that it depends on the outcome for most to determine whether this is an asterisk ring or not. No credibility whatsoever. Lakers down 1-0 to Portland? Oh man, most legit ring of all time. Fast forward to now, with the Clippers struggling against a crippled Mavericks team? Pff, asterisk ring if I've ever seen one.

ImKobe is the best example of this, and I expect sheep tpols to follow suit.

ImKobe
08-25-2020, 05:52 AM
No traveling, no crowd. Doesn't matter what numbers anyone puts up or who wins it, it's going to be an asterisk season when we look back on it years later. It doesn't make winning the title meaningless though, it's just unique circumstances.

FKAri
08-25-2020, 10:19 AM
If the guy I stan were to win it.

Shogon
08-25-2020, 10:24 AM
If the guy I stan were to win it.

No, no... only if LeBron specifically wins it. Otherwise it's a full blown asterisk.

But, jokes aside, that is EXACTLY how this shit is going to play out on these boards and elsewhere. I guarantee it.

It doesn't matter who wins. Your words are the truth.

RRR3
08-25-2020, 10:24 AM
It’s an asterisk ring if LeBron wins. If anyone else wins it’s legit.

Duh.

Roundball_Rock
08-25-2020, 10:28 AM

This. Recall just days ago when the Lakers looked shaky there was a lot of talk about how bad it would be for LeBron (when they were losing it was all on LeBron--AD wasn't really getting mentioned, except from some LeBron stans) if the Lakers didn't win. Paul Pierce came out and said LeBron would be disqualified from the GOAT conversation if they lost to Portland. LeBron was being called washed up. Etc.

Now we are back to it being an asterisk and we all know what changed in just a few days. :lol

BigtimeNBAFan
08-25-2020, 10:32 AM

Duh.

Yep. All Lebron haters will claim the title doesn't count if he wins it. If Lebron loses, none of them will say it doesn't matter because it is an "asterisk season."

You think if Lebron loses in the Finals, people are going to say; "well it doesn't matter this year because of the circumstances." of course not, it will be all "3-7!" "3-7!" "3-7!" "3-7!" "3-7!" "3-7!" all day long.

ImKobe
08-25-2020, 10:48 AM
This. Recall just days ago when the Lakers looked shaky there was a lot of talk about how bad it would be for LeBron (when they were losing it was all on LeBron--AD wasn't really getting mentioned, except from some LeBron stans) if the Lakers didn't win. Paul Pierce came out and said LeBron would be disqualified from the GOAT conversation if they lost to Portland. LeBron was being called washed up. Etc.

Now we are back to it being an asterisk and we all know what changed in just a few days. :lol

No one but the deluded Lebronsexuals (YOU) think this shit. Yes, it would have been a disappointment had the Lakers lost against the worst defensive team in the league in the first round, but the season would still have had an asterisk to it. Both things can be true, you know.

tontoz
08-25-2020, 10:53 AM
There is no such thing as an asterisk ring....hey that rhymes. I'm a poet and didn't even know it lol.

hold this L
08-25-2020, 11:01 AM
A ring is a ring, an asterisk is for losers and professional pundits on ESPN who need some garbage to talk about on a daily basis.

Derka
08-25-2020, 11:19 AM
Any "asterisk guys" should immediately pick up the nearest heavy object they can, lift it over their heads and then drop it directly on their own heads, repeating the process until severely concussed.

Asterisks are for bitter fans of teams/players and for talking heads who get paid to shovel shit into each other's ears to stir up ad prices. A banner is a banner.