PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem vs Duncan ... who would you draft???

Lion's pride
08-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Sparked by my pet peeve.. I see Hakeem over Duncan all day every day.. Hakeem success was more a by-product of his greatness, while Duncan was more from great player + all-time great coach and team..

But if they ever went head to head and things being equal, I believe Hakeem destroys Duncan like he always seemed to do against his big counter parts..

So much more athletic and gifted..

I would take Hakeem all day and every day...

Agree?? if not please discuss why not..

BigtimeNBAFan
08-07-2020, 02:45 PM
Peak Hakeem, but it is close as far as career and I might go with Duncan. Yes, Duncan had more talent around him from beginning to end, but he was the anchor of that franchise for nearly 20 years. Who knows if we would consider Pop this great coach if Boston got the number 1 pick in 97 instead of the Spurs. Ginobli and Parker also would have had less noteworthy careers playing elsewhere.

tontoz
08-07-2020, 02:50 PM
I would rank Duncan higher career wise. However if i had to draft one now for today's game i would take Hakeem due to his mobility advantage. Hakeem could defend guys on the perimeter a lot better than Duncan.

bizil
08-07-2020, 06:06 PM
I would go with the Dream mainly because of his edge in athletic ability. BECAUSE there are pretty much even or damn close in all other areas. Timmy isn't far off though frankly peak-prime wise. And GOAT wise (the most important list), Timmy has the edge. But the Dream just has some shit in his bag that NO CENTER or PF-C type has. Not just Timmy.

Gray GOAT
08-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Tim Duncan might be the greatest franchise player ever. Crazy longevity, elite on both sides on the floor for 15 plus years, very easy to build around, can play with anyone, huge locker room presence without the ego. Hakeem on the other hand had the higher peak, but that's not the question here. Furthermore, early in his career Hakeem was a problem in Houston, for Houston. For reasons yet unknown, it seems Hakeem is only judged by what happened in 1994 and 1995, but, according to Houston at the time at least, he would fake or exaggerate injuries, he wasn't the best teammate, and, as a result, was on the cusp of being traded for Seikaly, Grant Long and Harold Minor.

However, the most important part is that neither is better than one LeBron James.

ImKobe
08-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Easily Duncan for longevity

Marchesk
08-07-2020, 06:57 PM
And, as a result, was on the cusp of being traded for Seikaly, Grant Long and Harold Minor.

Wow, talk about what could have been an all-time bad trade averted!

Lion's pride
08-08-2020, 12:14 AM
Longevity is so overrated when talking about players.. Example, no one is close at PF to Karl Malone for longevity, yet he might not even be the top 4 power forwards ever..

My order.. KG (yes I said it) Duncan definitely > Malone.. maybe Dirk and Barkley as well.

For all-time greats, Peak matters most, unless career is really cut short.. (T-Mac example)

houston
08-08-2020, 02:00 AM
Duncan

Lion's pride
08-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Duncan

wow, and you have Houston as your name??

RRR3
08-08-2020, 07:30 PM
In today’s game easily Hakeem.

Lion's pride
08-08-2020, 07:31 PM
In today’s game easily Hakeem.

and yesterday's game as well.

kawhileonard2
08-08-2020, 08:32 PM
Duncan easily. Hakeem had issues with players and really couldn't make the playoffs in his prime

bigbrownschaub
08-08-2020, 09:33 PM
tim duncan best players in the 2000s

SouBeachTalents
08-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Duncan easily. Hakeem had issues with players and really couldn't make the playoffs in his prime
He missed the playoffs once in his prime

k0kakw0rld
08-08-2020, 10:18 PM
He missed the playoffs once in his prime
Duncan
5 rings club
3 fmvps club
2 mvps club
Never missed the playoffs :applause::bowdown:

Round Mound
08-08-2020, 11:02 PM
Sparked by my pet peeve.. I see Hakeem over Duncan all day every day.. Hakeem success was more a by-product of his greatness, while Duncan was more from great player + all-time great coach and team..

But if they ever went head to head and things being equal, I believe Hakeem destroys Duncan like he always seemed to do against his big counter parts..

So much more athletic and gifted..

I would take Hakeem all day and every day...

Agree?? if not please discuss why not..

Agree :applause:

Lion's pride
08-09-2020, 12:06 AM
Duncan
5 rings club
3 fmvps club
2 mvps club
Never missed the playoffs :applause::bowdown:

using this logic means Russell > over everyone else then!!

bigbrownschaub
08-09-2020, 12:10 AM
using this logic means Russell > over everyone else then!!

idk he has a case

Phoenix
08-09-2020, 12:21 AM

He missed 12 games in 92 with an irregular heartbeat and was 3 games out of the 8th seed. Rockets may have squeezed in otherwise but thats how it goes. Team had some dysfunction going on around that time as well.

jayfan
08-09-2020, 10:04 AM
wow, and you have Houston as your name??

Don't let it fool you. He's an Olajuwon troll-level-hater.