PDA

View Full Version : One hour highlights from Derrick Rose 2010/2011 MVP season

PeroAntic
08-07-2020, 08:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSQ8yZ4haHc

He was simply out of this world. So good, that even with busted knees he is still an elite player today.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-07-2020, 09:37 AM
"GOAT SZN" That better be relative :oldlol:

Peak Rose was a great finisher though. Still remember that game in LA he torched Paul. Up until then, I had never seen CP get outclassed in a pointguard duel. And since then hadn't up until Curry came about.

Kblaze8855
08-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Remember when we were comparing that time to the previous more defensive eras before guards could run wild?

Drop that Rose into 2020 with a team that has 7 shooters and tell him to drive and kick all game....

You can barely keep slow but aggressive people out of the lane now. And Rose looked like nothing I’d ever seen even then.

He was just weird. People don’t move like that. I don’t care for a GOAT athlete point guard thing between he and a few other elites I’m just talking about how he moved. He wasn’t like normal people. You cringe in retrospect just watching the torque from his cuts and the crazy changes of direction. He’s one of the “People weren’t meant to handle that for long” types like we hope Zion isn’t.

imdaman99
08-07-2020, 10:55 AM
He was incredible that season. Comparable to Westbrook's MVP season :cheers:

Roundball_Rock
08-07-2020, 11:10 AM
He was that good and only 22. We didn't even see him get close to what are the peak years for most NBA players (27-30 usually).

Marchesk
08-07-2020, 12:19 PM
He was just weird. People don’t move like that. I don’t care for a GOAT athlete point guard thing between he and a few other elites I’m just talking about how he moved. He wasn’t like normal people. You cringe in retrospect just watching the torque from his cuts and the crazy changes of direction. He’s one of the “People weren’t meant to handle that for long” types like we hope Zion isn’t.

Agreed. I've never seen anyone on a basketball contort like that. Isn't the concern with Zion more his leaping ability with that large of a frame than contortion? He is able to throw up some shots on the rim that's a bit outside the norm, but he's not stepping like Rose did. I think Zion is more like Bo Jackson.

PeroAntic
08-07-2020, 12:59 PM
"GOAT SZN" That better be relative :oldlol:

Peak Rose was a great finisher though. Still remember that game in LA he torched Paul. Up until then, I had never seen CP get outclassed in a pointguard duel. And since then hadn't up until Curry came about.

Rose still brings his best game against top PGs and usually comes out on top.

Pre injury Rose was one of a kind though. His 2010/11 version can average 30ppg 15apg on high efficiency today, if surrounded with a pnr and defensive center and three floor spacers. With these weak rules he would be a rich man's Harden.

SamuraiSWISH
08-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Better than Westbrick. The playoff 1st round pass.

tpols
08-07-2020, 03:29 PM
Remember when we were comparing that time to the previous more defensive eras before guards could run wild?

Drop that Rose into 2020 with a team that has 7 shooters and tell him to drive and kick all game....

You can barely keep slow but aggressive people out of the lane now. And Rose looked like nothing I’d ever seen even then.

thats why he always got hurt... he overextended himself on his explosive movements.