PDA

View Full Version : Zion Williamson still away from Pelicans tending to a personal family matter

insidehoops
07-22-2020, 06:12 PM
No timetable for Zion Williamson return to Pelicans yet as he attends to a family matter:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=23388

Scrimmages just began today. Hopefully he's back soon.

Shogon
07-22-2020, 06:32 PM
It's funny how so many of these guys are now all at the same time having personal family matters that require their physical presence, lol.

What a crock of shit. I'm sure there's a legit instance but most of this reeks of bullshit.

If your family unit can't function without your physical presence for a few months, it's time to start heavily rethinking the dynamics of your relationships.

insidehoops
07-22-2020, 07:25 PM
It's only a few players that have left due to family issues. Haven't kept track but I think maybe just around 3-5 players. And all are expected to return.

MrFonzworth
07-23-2020, 05:36 AM
It's funny how so many of these guys are now all at the same time having personal family matters that require their physical presence, lol.

What a crock of shit. I'm sure there's a legit instance but most of this reeks of bullshit.

If your family unit can't function without your physical presence for a few months, it's time to start heavily rethinking the dynamics of your relationships.

What?

We're in middle of a pandemic. Family is needed now more than ever.

oldtimer28
07-23-2020, 06:57 AM
It's only a few players that have left due to family issues. Haven't kept track but I think maybe just around 3-5 players. And all are expected to return.

Old man cynicism.

Wonder if marquee players testing covid might be 'home for personal reasons?' In any case, hope all are well.

Shogon
07-23-2020, 08:11 AM
What?

Can you read?

MrFonzworth
07-23-2020, 08:21 AM
Can you read?

We're in the middle of a pandemic and it's only getting worse. You're calling it a crock of shit but all these players have families, it's only natural they feel more inclined to ease them through their hardships. Not everyone abandons their family like you

Shogon
07-23-2020, 08:24 AM
Ok, again, short of someone being on death's door and in the hospital or losing a loved one, what exactly are these hardships that require a physical presence during such a short period of time away(2 months)?

Emotional fragility.

Stanley Kobrick
07-23-2020, 08:29 AM
We're in the middle of a pandemic and it's only getting worse. You're calling it a crock of shit but all these players have families, it's only natural they feel more inclined to ease them through their hardships. Not everyone abandons their family like you
i agree with you mrfonzworth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRJgKbibB8

StrongLurk
07-23-2020, 09:54 AM
Part of me thinks all of these players all of a sudden having family emergencies is just a cover for them having positive covid tests.

MrFonzworth
07-23-2020, 08:15 PM
Ok, again, short of someone being on death's door and in the hospital or losing a loved one, what exactly are these hardships that require a physical presence during such a short period of time away(2 months)?

Emotional fragility.

Insisting you need to be there for a sick family member isn't emotional fragility, it's being a good person. Your feelings are hurt because players would rather be there for their family rather than playing a game. That's your own personal issues bud.