PDA

View Full Version : YT: Jordan meets Len Bias at 5 star high school basketball camp in 1980

Hey Yo
07-12-2020, 12:27 PM
The video's pretty cool. Says that MJ introduced himself to Len as "Black Ice."

It shows then going H2H in college. Len was a year younger than MJ and came off the bench his freshman year. The following year for Len though.....some were saying he was the 2nd best player in the country. One of their meetings, Jordan showed off his skywalking with a nasty dunk to stat pad as time ran out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehzuq42wB88

Lion's pride
07-12-2020, 06:59 PM
dude I still haven't recovered from Len Bias dying.. went to MSG on draft night and stood ten feet from him.. Big Boston fan and Big Bias fan.. 2 days latter he was dead...

My only hope is that when he died many current and future people and players STOPPED using drugs because of his story..

Lion's pride
07-12-2020, 07:05 PM
Of the many games and highlights on Len Bias, I liked this one the best.. 41 points on Duke.. Len showed a ridiculous soft shooting touch from the outside.. It's like not a single jumper even hit the rim when they went in on all angles.. also 13 for 13 fts throws...

Bird, with Bias, may have won 8 Rings..

meanwhile enjoy.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vTBhW2bVe4

Bawkish
07-12-2020, 11:43 PM
Man, Bird with Bias would be insane

Bad Boys would have no chance, Magic & Lakers would get their comeuppance

MJ & the Bulls would've pushed back their dynasty to mid 90s

JBSptfn
07-13-2020, 01:10 PM
Man, Bird with Bias would be insane

Bad Boys would have no chance, Magic & Lakers would get their comeuppance

MJ & the Bulls would've pushed back their dynasty to mid 90s

It depends on how long Bird stays. He said that he was gonna retire after the 1987-88 season if Bias was there. If we take him at his word, that weakens Boston a little bit, and opens a door for Detroit in 1989 and 90 (people forget how good that team was). Also, who knows if the Bull dynasty happens at all. Michael Wilbon said at the end of the Bad Boys 30 for 30 that the Bulls don't happen if it wasn't for the Bad Boys. If they aren't playing them in the playoffs every year from 1988-90, are they even as good?

Lion's pride
07-15-2020, 12:29 AM
No way Bird retires with Bias.. He would be able to enjoy playing 35 minutes per game vs having to carry the load every year. In fact I am guessing the joy and ease of those 2 combined makes Bird play even longer..

Then again, why am I even thinking about this... opening old wounds... :facepalm