PDA

View Full Version : Knicks hire World Wide Wes

insidehoops
06-24-2020, 06:33 PM
The Knicks today hired the legend known as World Wide Wes.

Link: Knicks hire William Wesley, Alex Kline and TJ Zanin (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=23178)

scuzzy
06-24-2020, 06:51 PM
Doubt most peeps even on ish know who Wes is, even myself. He's like a out-of-public-eye illuminati figure and power broker in the basketball community on every level

All I know is he's been a big influencer to major AAU and college prospects, like a super slimeball recruiter that shoves money and gifts down athletes pockets to sway them in certain directions. At least back in 2008'sh when his name use to pop up more often, I haven't heard his name pop up in years.

Wes was that guy as a player if you needed something you'd call and he'd get it done. Owners and GM's despise. Like a middleman business rep between players and agents and all inbetween.

warriorfan
06-24-2020, 07:01 PM
Doubt most peeps even on ish know who Wes is, even myself. He's like a out-of-public-eye illuminati figure and power broker in the basketball community on every level

All I know is he's been a big influencer to major AAU and college prospects, like a super slimeball recruiter that shoves money and gifts down athletes pockets to sway them in certain directions. At least back in 2008'sh when his name use to pop up more often, I haven't heard his name pop up in years.

Wes was that guy as a player if you needed something you'd call and he'd get it done. Owners and GM's despise. Like a middleman business rep between players and agents and all inbetween.

ESPN used to write about him a little bit back in the day but I haven’t heard his name being dropped in quite awhile.

MrFonzworth
06-24-2020, 11:53 PM
Mr. World-wide:applause:

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 01:53 AM
desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess