PDA

View Full Version : 20 years ago Blazers' Pippen buries the Jazz in the playoffs with a 3 pointer

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 06:50 PM
Just watched it on nba.com. Scottie "Jazz Killer". Pippen hit a 3 pointer with 7.3 seconds remaining Blazers beat the Jazz to advanced in the Western Conference Finals.

3ball
05-21-2020, 06:52 PM
It's good to see role players step up in the early rounds

What were his stats in the series?

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 06:56 PM
Blazers beat the Jazz 81-79. Thanks to Scottie Pippen

Roundball_Rock
05-21-2020, 06:58 PM
Ends the series, Malone-Stockton lose again. :lol

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 07:01 PM
Ends the series, Malone-Stockton lose again. :lol

Malone and Stockton had PTSD. Pippen Traumatic Stress Disorder.

SouBeachTalents
05-21-2020, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_yMkri18QA

Damn Bryon Russell choked

Roundball_Rock
05-21-2020, 07:08 PM

:lol

Manny98
05-21-2020, 07:08 PM

:roll:

fourkicks44
05-21-2020, 07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_yMkri18QA

Damn Bryon Russell choked

I forgot how stacked that Portland squad was, even Detlef was on that team.

They really should have beat the Lakers.

And on a side note, that pass by Stockton to Russell was unbelievable, just the guts to drive into three guys in that circumstance knowing you would find your teammate.

Wow. I never liked Stockton but that is some underappreciated greatness right there.

PoutinPippin
05-21-2020, 07:25 PM
From all those game winners he hit to close them out in 97 and 98, right?! :oldlol:

Vino24
05-21-2020, 07:30 PM
From all those game winners he hit to close them out in 97 and 98, right?! :oldlol:

How did MJ do on the Wiz?

Roundball_Rock
05-21-2020, 09:24 PM

:lol

Lebron23
05-22-2020, 05:54 PM
I forgot how stacked that Portland squad was, even Detlef was on that team.

They really should have beat the Lakers.

And on a side note, that pass by Stockton to Russell was unbelievable, just the guts to drive into three guys in that circumstance knowing you would find your teammate.

Wow. I never liked Stockton but that is some underappreciated greatness right there.

Blazers actually beat the lakers regularly in their regular season matchup from 1999 to 2001. Shaq was just unstoppable in the playoffs.

PoutinPippin
05-22-2020, 06:00 PM
Blazers roster >>> Wizards roster

:biggums:

Idiot

Roundball_Rock
05-22-2020, 06:00 PM
Pippen and Stoudamire shared playmaking duties in 00'. Mo Cheeks a few years later made Pippen the starting PG and put Stoudamire on the second unit. The offense functioned a lot better. I wonder if they had done that in 2000 if the result would have been different.

PoutinPippin
05-22-2020, 06:10 PM
1999 - 2000 37 year old Jordan in place of Pippen closes out that Game 7. I mean hell, 39 year old Mike was the only player besides Kobe averaging 25/5/5 before knee injury. Jordan on that STACKED Blazers squad doesn’t allow them to collapse in pathetic fashion with that huge lead in the fourth. 37 year old Mike is still better than 2000 21 year old Kobe.

scuzzy
05-22-2020, 06:13 PM
:applause:

RoseCity07
05-22-2020, 07:03 PM
What if Jordan joined this Blazers roster? Do the Blazers sweep the Lakers?

tpols
05-22-2020, 07:09 PM
Also 20 years ago. (same playoff run)

Blazers and Pippen blow a 15 point, 4th quarter, game 7 lead. Scottie Pippen had 0 points in that 4th quarter.

He was 0-3 with 1 TO.

Classic Pippen.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 07:17 PM
He also destroyed the Twolves in the first round. He was basically coasting throughout the 2000 season. His back and knee issues didn't come into play until 2001-2003. Of course he wasn't physically the play he used to be, but he was still very good when it mattered. As I've said before, he was actually much better in 99 than he was in 98, but his stats are lower because of the system the Rockets were running which was to throw it into an old an decrepit Hakeem and Barkley. They were basically washed at that point. That idiot Matt Bullard running his mouth when he was a ****ing nobody is hilarious. He was the definition of a scrub. He doesn't know anything about superstar players and how they expect things.

In game 5 vs the lakers when Blazers were down 1-3 he put 22pts 6rpg 6spg 4bpg 3apg and that was the game he dislocated his finger and it was put back in place so he could go back on the court you stupid fukkwit. No surprise he had a massive game high 18.0 bpm. He completely carried the Blazers that game and brought them back into contention with a finger that had to be straightened in a time out. Stupid bitch.

LAmbruh
05-22-2020, 07:18 PM
damn, Pippen single handedly mopping Jordan's toughest Finals competition all by himelf

another one

tpols
05-22-2020, 07:22 PM
He also destroyed the Twolves in the first round. He was basically coasting throughout the 2000 season. His back and knee issues didn't come into play until 2001-2003. Of course he wasn't physically the play he used to be, but he was still very good when it mattered. As I've said before, he was actually much better in 99 than he was in 98, but his stats are lower because of the system the Rockets were running which was to throw it into an old an decrepit Hakeem and Barkley. They were basically washed at that point. That idiot Matt Bullard running his mouth when he was a ****ing nobody is hilarious. He was the definition of a scrub. He doesn't know anything about superstar players and how they expect things.

Charles Barkley in their only '99 playoff series together averaged 24/14/4 on 53% FG to Pippen's 18/12/5 on 33% FG

Barkley... totally shit on Pippen when it counted.

The man was a disgrace after that series and tried to force a trade to kobe shaq lakers.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 07:25 PM
Charles Barkley in their only '99 playoff series together averaged 24/14/4 on 53% FG to Pippen's 18/12/5 on 33% FG

Barkley... totally shit on Pippen when it counted.

The man was a disgrace after that series and tried to force a trade to kobe shaq lakers.

You're so ****ing pathetic. It's not bad enough you know nothing about basketball, but you also choose to troll like some gutter slut fukking drool. Just shut up. You aren't even worth my time.

StrongLurk
05-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Lol Russell choked so hard. He even choked on defense when guarding Pippen, I mean what the hell kind of defense was that? He looked like a little kid just flailing around out there.

Roundball_Rock
05-22-2020, 08:48 PM

In game 5 vs the lakers when Blazers were down 1-3 he put 22pts 6rpg 6spg 4bpg 3apg and that was the game he dislocated his finger and it was put back in place so he could go back on the court you stupid fukkwit. No surprise he had a massive game high 18.0 bpm. He completely carried the Blazers that game and brought them back into contention with a finger that had to be straightened in a time out. Stupid bitch.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Ttrolls thinks Iggy=Pippen. Pathetic.

Pippen have several big games in the 2000 playoffs for the Blazers.

He led them in rebounding (as a SF?!), assists, steals, minutes (given his age his shows how important his presence on the floor was), was the team's best defensive player, was his team's leader and scored only 3 less points than the leading scorer on the team (Wallace). If you watch games from then you will see him talked about the leader.

Here is Bob Costas from the intro to Game 7 of the WCF. He speaks of Shaq and Pippen as the respective leaders of their teams. Here is his comment on Pippen: “He's willed Portland back from the brink of elimination, sometimes with his mere presence.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njpj8ei_Ux4 Again, this isn't me.

First round:

Pippen opened this series like the Pippen of old with 28 points and 9 boards.

WCSF:

His best game was the last one. 23/9/8 with 3 steals to once again beat Malone-Stockton. Oh, and he hit the game winning three.

WCF:

19/11/5 in the opening game.

With the Blazers facing elimination with a 1-3 deficit, Pippen had 22 points, 6 rebounds, 6 steals, 4 blocks, 3 assists along with playing defense. “Certain people” talk about Game 7 all the time but ignore that without his clutch performance in Game 5 there never would have been a Game 7.