PDA

View Full Version : Shaq: "The GOAT Convo is a 3-Way Convo Between MJ, Kobe, and Lebron."

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Shaq says that MJ is his GOAT, But basically Lebron & Kobe are in the conversation for 2nd Best.

Don't shoot the messenger. Starts at 11:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUd8Y5B1ETw

Soundwave
05-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Yeah nice title, he says Jordan is GOAT, Kobe and LeBron are his picks for no.2.

Shaq is being modest, at his peak he's better than any version of LeBron or Kobe.

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2020, 05:35 PM
Shaq is turning full Barkley

Didnt he make a top 10 not too long ago where Kobe was 7-8?

For the playoffs?

Now Kobe is top 3?

I love how OP makes a thread about a quote with Kobe and LBJ as GOAT. Thats about as good as it gets for a Kobetard.

eliteballer
05-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Is Shaq aware LeBrons on steroids.

dazzer87
05-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Shaq just being nice to Lebron.....“tied for 2“......:lol:oldlol:

StrongLurk
05-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Shaq seems to change his mind quite often about this stuff. Also, idk why he makes it such a point to underrate himself. He is without a doubt on the same "tier" of GOAT as Kobe at worse.

Also it's clear that whatever you want to say about Kobe's game, he did not "produce" at a GOAT level in the regular season, and especially in the finals.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-20-2020, 06:00 PM
His opinion, but Kareem definitely gets undermined. Kobe for as good as he was, was neither greater or had the in-game impact Kareem did.

Players like Shaq flip flop. A lot. In one of the OC episodes, he had Russell and Wilt in that conversation. :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
05-20-2020, 06:02 PM
His opinion, but Kareem definitely gets undermined. Kobe for as good as he was, was neither greater or had the in-game impact Kareem did.

Players like Shaq flip flop. A lot. In one of the OC episodes, he had Russell and Wilt in that conversation. :oldlol:

Iverson was in his all time top 5 at one point and he was hot the panel put Wade over Penny in the top 60 all time episode of open court too.

ImKobe
05-20-2020, 06:05 PM
Yeah nice title, he says Jordan is GOAT, Kobe and LeBron are his picks for no.2.

Shaq is being modest, at his peak he's better than any version of LeBron or Kobe.

Statistically maybe, but he was never the all-around player Kobe & Lebron were. The big knock on him is that he needed a co-star to close Playoff games for him, as he was a terrible FT shooter.

Manny98
05-20-2020, 06:11 PM
What's with NBA legends all of a sudden lumping Kobe with Lebron & MJ

Where was this same energy when Kobe was alive, tired of people showing fake love and making Kobe out to be greater than he actually was

ESPN moved him up 3 spots on the all time list when he has done nothing to warrant it.

Kobe is around 8-12 all time simple as that you don't magically move up after you die wtf is this shit

Kblaze8855
05-20-2020, 06:15 PM
No big man is gonna have the 3 level total game of an elite swing man. Even the likes of Hakeem, Duncan, or Kareem can’t handle and shoot like a 2. Doesn’t mean bigs can’t be best.

I wouldn’t take Kobe or Lebron over Shaq in any league I’ve seen outside this one they created by manipulating the rules for fan enjoyment. The way they play now....I get it.

bullettooth
05-20-2020, 06:15 PM
What's with NBA legends all of a sudden lumping Kobe with Lebron & MJ

Where was this same energy when Kobe was alive, tired of people showing fake love and making Kobe out to be greater than he actually was

ESPN moved him up 3 spots on the all time list when he has done nothing to warrant it.

Kobe is around 8-12 all time simple as that you don't magically move up after you die wtf is this shit

You sound salty. I've told you countless times that history won't be kind to LeBron; 5+ years from now he'll be remembered as a career finals loser, the same as Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. Looks like LeBron's receding spots in the top 10 list is starting prematurely... like his hairline.

Get over it, your boy had his time and came up short.

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Iverson was in his all time top 5 at one point and he was hot the panel put Wade over Penny in the top 60 all time episode of open court too.
This video perfectly epitomizes Shaq and his views

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1246627696655757313

He starts it off by saying he's gotta stick with the big guys, which is his justification for taking KAT over Kyrie. He then takes Yao over Dwight, while not an unreasonable take, it's based entirely on the fact he personally doesn't like Dwight

But the next segment is the absolute best. This is a man who not even a minute earlier says he's gotta stick with the big guy, and someone who's spent the better part of the decade yelling at Chuck about his 4 rings, and what does he do? He takes Webber & Iverson over Duncan :oldlol: He takes a ringless guard over a 5x champion big, legitimately contradicting everything he's said

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:22 PM
You sound salty. I've told you countless times that history won't be kind to LeBron; 5+ years from now he'll be remembered the as a career finals loser, the same as Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. Looks like LeBron receding spots in the top 10 list is starting prematurely... like his hairline.

Such a stupid posts from a very stupid poster. 4x nba mvp, and a guy who has the opportunity to win his fourth finals mvp this year will always rank higher against a guy with 1 mvp, and 2 finals MVP.

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:22 PM
No big man is gonna have the 3 level total game of an elite swing man. Even the likes of Hakeem, Duncan, or Kareem can’t handle and shoot like a 2. Doesn’t mean bigs can’t be best.

I wouldn’t take Kobe or Lebron over Shaq in any league I’ve seen outside this one they created by manipulating the rules for fan enjoyment. The way they play now....I get it.

I can finally agree with you. But depending on who I'm pairing him with, I'm not taking Shaq over Hakeem either. But yeah, we agree on the trajectory of the sport becoming more guard-oriented.

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:24 PM
As contradictory as Shaq is, he still knows more about basketball than most human beings in the world. Don't kid yourself.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:25 PM
This video perfectly epitomizes Shaq and his views

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1246627696655757313

He starts it off by saying he's gotta stick with the big guys, which is his justification for taking KAT over Kyrie. He then takes Yao over Dwight, while not an unreasonable take, it's based entirely on the fact he personally doesn't like Dwight

But the next segment is the absolute best. This is a man who not even a minute earlier says he's gotta stick with the big guy, and someone who's spent the better part of the decade yelling at Chuck about his 4 rings, and what does he do? He takes Webber & Iverson over Duncan :oldlol: He takes a ringless guard over a 5x champion big, legitimately contradicting everything he's said

That is why we should not take his opinions very seriously.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:25 PM
As contradictory as Shaq is, he still knows more about basketball than most human beings in the world. Don't kid yourself.

That is why he is also going to be a terrible gm in the NBA.

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:27 PM
Lol. Shaq vs Manny and Southbeachtalents.

I wonder whose opinion is more grounded in reality. Lol.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-20-2020, 06:31 PM

Exactly.

Like I said, his opinion. Maybe he'll stick with this one though :oldlol:

dazzer87
05-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Shock Shaq has MJ at 1 this time.....I guess he missed the part in the doc when MJ said “I ain’t Shaq.”

Manny98
05-20-2020, 06:35 PM
Lol. Shaq vs Manny and Southbeachtalents.

I wonder whose opinion is more grounded in reality. Lol.
Um mine is more grounded because Shaq is obviously biased because he was Kobe's teammate and friend

He ranked Kobe 6th last year so how df do you jump 4 spots without playing a game?

He's showing him extra appreciation because he's sentimental over his death

Manny98
05-20-2020, 06:37 PM
You sound salty. I've told you countless times that history won't be kind to LeBron; 5+ years from now he'll be remembered as a career finals loser, the same as Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. Looks like LeBron's receding spots in the top 10 list is starting prematurely... like his hairline.

I honestly don't care about LeBron vs Jordan or Lebron being the GOAT

But Kobe doesn't and should never belong in the conversation

Bronbron23
05-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Shaq is turning full Barkley

Didnt he make a top 10 not too long ago where Kobe was 7-8?

For the playoffs?

Now Kobe is top 3?

I love how OP makes a thread about a quote with Kobe and LBJ as GOAT. Thats about as good as it gets for a Kobetard.

Lots of players whos played against both have kobe over bron. You probably know better though. I mean what do they know? They've only had multiple battles against both on the highest level:facepalm

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:48 PM
I honestly don't care about LeBron vs Jordan or Lebron being the GOAT

But Kobe doesn't and should never belong in the conversation

But NBA players are doing it. What are you gonna do about it, Internet Boy?

Manny98
05-20-2020, 06:51 PM
But NBA players are doing it. What are you gonna do about it, Internet Boy?
Why weren't they doing it before he died tho

It's just all of a sudden that NBA legends are making Kobe out to be in the GOAT discussion

Manny98
05-20-2020, 06:53 PM
Lots of players whos played against both have kobe over bron. You probably know better though. I mean what do they know? They've only had multiple battles against both on the highest level:facepalm
And lot's of players have Lebron over Kobe as well

Kobe is more respected amongst NBA players because of the way he carries himself and the whole "mamba mentality" bs but that doesn't change the FACT that Lebron is better

It's not even a discussion

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Why weren't they doing it before he died tho

It's just all of a sudden that NBA legends are making Kobe out to be in the GOAT discussion

Their opinions were the same before he passed. Why are you so angry about their opinions?

Bronbron23
05-20-2020, 06:59 PM
And lot's of players have Lebron over Kobe as well

Kobe is more respected amongst NBA players because of the way he carries himself and the whole "mamba mentality" bs but that doesn't change the FACT that Lebron is better

It's not even a discussion

As they should. Its a close call its definitely a discussion no matter what side your on.

Manny98
05-20-2020, 07:02 PM
Their opinions were the same before he passed. Why are you so angry about their opinions?
No Paul Pierce was saying that Lebron was clearly better than Kobe a couple of months ago now all of a sudden he has Kobe over Lebron

Shaq never put Kobe in the GOAT convo until after Kobe died

Manny98
05-20-2020, 07:03 PM
As they should. Its a close call its definitely a discussion no matter what side your on.
It's not a close call at all

2016 put Lebron firmly ahead of Kobe

PoutinPippin
05-20-2020, 07:03 PM

Like damn :oldlol:

SATAN
05-20-2020, 07:07 PM
All these washed up has beens are just saying the same thing over and over again. It's not insightful. It's ****ing boring and repetitive yet they have you all on their leash. You jump at their command. :facepalm

Axe
05-20-2020, 07:18 PM
Don't count mj in the goat conversation. We have too many bigots here who are too appalled when he's being talked about.

knicksman
05-20-2020, 07:53 PM
No Paul Pierce was saying that Lebron was clearly better than Kobe a couple of months ago now all of a sudden he has Kobe over Lebron

Shaq never put Kobe in the GOAT convo until after Kobe died

But there are more players saying kobe > lebron even before he died. And if lebron is in the GOAT convo and so is kobe

SATAN
05-20-2020, 08:00 PM
Kobe can't be "GOAT" by default of him being a plastic Chinese knock off version of MJ :confusedshrug::confusedshrug: