PDA

View Full Version : Siakam vs George

AirBonner
04-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Who is better? I think Siakam is overall the better player and 2nd option than George. George has a nasty habit of choking perhaps being a 2nd option will alleviate this? Also Siakam is more efficient and just as good of a defender.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Career

Paul George VS Pascal Siakam

All-NBA First Team- 1 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

All-NBA Teams- 5 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

All-Defensive First Team- 2 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

All-Defensive Team- 4 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

George also led the NBA for steals once while Siakam didnt yet.

Siakam has a ring but he was on a good team and George didnt because he was with OKC finishing 6th place in the Western Conference.

Considering everything, George takes this one imo.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 07:16 PM
Also George beats Siakam in every total category.

George beats Siakam in points, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals, and total games played.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 07:27 PM
Siakam has lower OBPM (0.6) while Paul has higher offensive impact with 2.7. We can conclude that Paul George impacts the offense on a higher level than Siakam.

Siakam is not a better defender than Paul George also. Siakam has a DBPM of 0.9 while Paul has 1.4. Paul impacts the team defense on a better level than Pascal.

If we look at last year in the regular season (larger sample size than the Playoffs), Paul George was ranked #4 in RAPM while Pascal was ranked #18 in RAPM.

From these facts, we can conclude that Paul George has higher impact in offense and defense altogether.

To put Paul George impact into perspective his rank or impact was higher than the likes of Giannis, Embiid, Lillard, Chris Paul, and LeBron James in terms of RAPM.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 07:41 PM
Paul George shot better in terms of the 3-point shot than Pascal Siakam.

George (38)

Pascal (33)

George is also the better FT shooter

George (85)

Pascal (77)

George averaged 30 points per 100 possessions and Siakam averaged 24 points per 100 possessions.

Pascal Siakam shoots better inside the line but George shoots better outside the 3 point line.

Since threes are highly valuable and more efficient, Paul converts more shots into points than Siakam.

Paul George is the greater scorer in every way possible.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Who is better? I think Siakam is overall the better player and 2nd option than George. George has a nasty habit of choking perhaps being a 2nd option will alleviate this? Also Siakam is more efficient and just as good of a defender.

George has a nasty habit of chokingYou are wrong. Paul George put up the most game-winners last season with 4 of them BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjj43gmNzTY

more efficient and just as good of a defender. Again, wrong. Stats back my argument up.

See posts #4 and #5.

RRR3
04-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Weren't those like the only 4 game winners he's ever hit tho lol. Not saying he or isn't clutch thats' only one way to measure it ofc.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Paul George was ranked #9 in 4th quarter scoring last year. :bowdown:

keep-itreal
04-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Career

Paul George VS Pascal Siakam

All-NBA First Team- 1 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

All-NBA Teams- 5 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

All-Defensive First Team- 2 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

All-Defensive Team- 4 (Paul) vs (Pascal) 0

George also led the NBA for steals once while Siakam didnt yet.

Siakam has a ring but he was on a good team and George didnt because he was with OKC finishing 6th place in the Western Conference.

Considering everything, George takes this one imo.

god damn :roll:

OP getting destroyed here

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 08:26 PM
god damn :roll:

OP getting destroyed here Thanks.

The main problem here in the NBA Forum is that posters dont provide statistical evidence to support their claims.

AirBonner
04-07-2020, 08:30 PM
Rings:
PG -0
Siakam -1

Axe
04-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Lol it's somewhat pretty amazing that siakam used to be leonard's teammate during his one-year stay with the raptors and then now with the clippers, he went there when george was also destined in the same team.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 08:38 PM
Rings:
PG -0
Siakam -1 Ah, using the old fashioned ¨RANGZ¨ argument!

The problem with your post is that rings doesnt necessarily tell which player is better. I have a good ex. If we are using your flawed logic/criteria (# of rings) then Robert Horry is better than MJ. Is Horry better than MJ? Of course not. The stats reflect this as well.

The ¨RANGZ¨ argument is dead. :confusedshrug:

Also that means Horry is better than LeBron James and Kobe Bryant soooo...

RRR3
04-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Rings:
PG -0
Siakam -1
Ok, so Kobe>LeBron, right?

AirBonner
04-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Ah, using the old fashioned ¨RANGZ¨ argument!

The problem with your post is that rings doesnt necessarily tell which player is better. I have a good ex. If we are using your flawed logic/criteria (# of rings) then Robert Horry is better than MJ. Is Horry better than MJ? Of course not. The stats reflect this as well.

The ¨RANGZ¨ argument is dead. :confusedshrug:

Also that means Horry is better than LeBron James and Kobe Bryant soooo...

6,911 LeBron has scored the most points in the most crucial time (playoffs) this was an individual achievement. LeBron has to be GOAT. Points is the most important statistical category as it contributes to winning more than anything else

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 08:51 PM
6,911 LeBron has scored the most points in the most crucial time (playoffs) this was an individual achievement. LeBron has to be GOAT. Points is the most important statistical category as it contributes to winning more than anything else

Why are you bringing LeBron in this thread? The conversation we are having together did not ask for that.

6,911 LeBron has scored the most points in the most crucial time (playoffs) this was an individual achievement. LeBron has to be GOAT. So by your logic, Karl Malone is a better winner than LeBron James b/c he scored more points?

Also, you arent also taking into account other stats like points per 100 possessions, team strength, etc. sooooo...

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 08:53 PM
AirBonner I also notice that you are deflecting my post (#13) and trying to change the topic into something.

Gougou
04-07-2020, 08:54 PM
I am a big Siakam fan and I would still pick George...

Last year OKC season he was close to MVP candidate, got into 1st team defense as well. If he was the main guy on a team (Westbrook took his spot) and go to a better team he could done so much better, but unfortunately he stunks in OKC with a weaker roster/coaching than the Raps, a prime Pacer George also pushed Raptors to game 7 all by himself too... Siakam seems to be better than George in the playoffs and quite a bit more clutch, and Siakam haven't reach his prime, right now it is George still imo.

AirBonner
04-07-2020, 08:55 PM
AirBonner I also notice that you are deflecting my post (#13) and trying to change the topic into something.

So stats are not everything?

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 08:56 PM
George is the more efficient better scorer and also had the better career.

Axe
04-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Why are you bringing LeBron in this thread? The conversation we are having together did not ask for that.
Just trying to show what kind of a sly bran stan he really is. I suppose a perfect definition of a true bandwagon unless i am wrong. 😹

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 09:00 PM
So stats are not everything? I use stats to support my arguments and you clearly dont.

Stats are everything to me.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

You need to admit that PG13 was the better scorer (true) and also had the better career also (true).

Theres no need to drag out this conversation longer than it needs to be.

AirBonner
04-07-2020, 09:04 PM
I use stats to support my arguments and you clearly dont.

Stats are everything to me.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

You need to admit that PG13 was the better scorer (true) and also had the better career also (true).

Theres no need to drag out this conversation longer than it needs to be.Siakam is the better 2nd option and so far this season am at least equal 1st option

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 09:06 PM
Just trying to show what kind of a sly bran stan he really is. I suppose a perfect definition of a true bandwagon unless i am wrong. �� :oldlol:

AirBonner
04-07-2020, 09:08 PM
Just trying to show what kind of a sly bran stan he really is. I suppose a perfect definition of a true bandwagon unless i am wrong. ��

I debunked his argument with logic.

red1
04-07-2020, 09:12 PM
playoff pee by a hair.

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 09:25 PM
Siakam is the better 2nd option and so far this season am at least equal 1st option

SCORING

Free Throws

PG13 (88)

Spicy P (80)

PG13 is better when shooting FTS.

3 point shooting

PG13 (40)

Siakam (36)

PG13 makes more threes on more attempts. PG13 attempts for three are 13 threes attempted compared to Siakams (8).

Keep in mind while Siakam shoots better inside PG13 shoots better outside. The 3 point shot is highly coveted/valuable and more efficient than a 2 pointer so PG13 converts more points on more attempts (Attempts- PG13 (26) VS (25.4) Siakam

PG13 this season posted the higher offensive and defensive rating than Siakam also. PG13 is averaging 34 points per 100 possessions while Siakam is 32 points per 100 possessions.

PG13 did all of this on less minutes than Siakam too!

PASSING

PG13 is also the better passer.

PG13 AST% (21.2)

Siakam AST% (17)

PG13 passes more efficiently within the offense on higher # of assists. :confusedshrug:

IMPACT

PG13 impact is WAY better than Siakams.

OBPM

PG13 (3.4)

Siakam (1.7)

DBPM

PG13 (1.1)

Siakam (0.5)

BPM

PG13 (4.5)

Siakam (2.2)

PG13 also has the higher WS/48 too!

Overall, PG14 is a better defender and scorer than Siakam THIS YEAR.

Axe
04-07-2020, 09:26 PM
SCORING

Free Throws

PG13 (88)

Spicy P (80)

3 point shooting

PG13 (40)

Siakam (36)

PG13 makes more threes on more attempts. PG13 attempts for three are 13 threes attempted compared to Siakams (8).

Keep in mind while Siakam shoots better inside PG13 shoots better outside. The 3 point shot is highly coveted/valuable and more efficient than a 2 pointer so PG13 converts more points on more attempts (Attempts- PG13 (26) VS (25.4) Siakam

PG13 this season posted the higher offensive and defensive rating than Siakam also. PG13 is averaging 34 points per 100 possessions while Siakam is 32 points per 100 possessions.

PASSING

PG13 AST% (21.2)

Siakam AST% (17)

PG13 passes more efficiently within the offense on higher # of assists. :confusedshrug:

IMPACT

OBPM

PG13 (3.4)

Siakam (1.7)

DBPM

PG13 (1.1)

Siakam (0.5)

BPM

PG13 (4.5)

Siakam (2.2)

Overall, PG14 is a better defender and scorer than Siakam.
But he doesn't like paul george anymore, so... 😹

Vino24
04-07-2020, 09:27 PM
SCORING

Free Throws

PG13 (88)

Spicy P (80)

3 point shooting

PG13 (40)

Siakam (36)

PASSING

PG13 AST% (21.2)

Siakam AST% (17)

IMPACT

OBPM

PG13 (3.4)

Siakam (1.7)

DBPM

PG13 (1.1)

Siakam (0.5)

BPM

PG13 (4.5)

Siakam (2.2)

Overall, PG14 is a better defender and scorer than Siakam.
This guy posts in the same deranged obsessed manner as Kenneth Griffin

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 09:28 PM
But he doesn't like paul george anymore, so... �� :oldlol:

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 09:30 PM
This guy posts in the same deranged obsessed manner as Kenneth Griffin Is that a compliment? Either way, I consider that as a compliment.

I just want to prove everyone wrong in arguments BTW. Maybe its my mentality tbh.

I do not lose arguments against somebody when I partake in one. Rarely ever.

Airbonner also logged off. He couldnt refute my arguments and case.

Axe
04-07-2020, 09:32 PM
I debunked his argument with logic.
So cute. uwu

Vino24
04-07-2020, 09:37 PM
Is that a compliment? Either way, I consider that as a compliment.

I just want to prove everyone wrong in arguments BTW. Maybe its my mentality tbh.

I do not lose arguments against somebody when I partake in one. Rarely ever.

Airbonner also logged off. He couldnt refute my arguments and case.
Only Kenny would take that as a compliment

Turbo Slayer
04-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Only Kenny would take that as a compliment Im obsessed with winning. Thats it.

Nike D'Antoni
09-16-2020, 01:50 PM
Well, looks like the answer is Pascal Siakam.

3ball
09-16-2020, 02:56 PM
Ah, using the old fashioned ¨RANGZ¨ argument!

"best player" rings.. the holy grail of basketball achievement.

MJ has more rings as the best player than anyone in modern era or 3-polnter basketball, infact twice as many as anyone else

so mj is the goat modern winner, while also having the goat production rate, aka PER, BPM, WS/48, VORP seasons

rawimpact
09-16-2020, 03:05 PM
Well, looks like the answer is Pascal Siakam.

No Pascal disappeared too