PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron's career over?

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 05:26 PM
:(

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 05:26 PM
LeBron probably not gonna win the chip.

SouBeachTalents
03-20-2020, 05:29 PM
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. With sports being on hiatus for the next several months, possibly even 1-2 years, what happens to the older athletes not just at LeBron's age, but even older ones like Brady & Federer. In regards to the latter two, you'd have to think this break potentially saps the last ounce of what remains of their ability to be truly competitive at the highest level

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:31 PM
LeBron probably not gonna win the chip.
It's over

36 years old is simply too old for any perimeter player to be the best player on a champion

everyone runs faster/jumps higher at 30 than they do at 40 regardless of games or seasons played.. It's always been AGE that drives decline, not games or seasons played.

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 05:32 PM
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. With sports potentially being on hiatus for the next several months, potentially maybe even 1-2 years, what happens to the older athletes not just at LeBron's age, but even older like Brady & Federer. In regards to the latter two, you'd have to think this break potentially saps the last ounce of what remains of their ability to truly be competitive at the highest stage

LeBron is not gonna be protected by the media anymore. Like 3ball said the media is probs gonna rank him top 10 to be safe.

LeBron is going to fade away QUIETLY. Thats my prediction. Forgotten. Scary SHIT.

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:32 PM
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. With sports being on hiatus for the next several months, possibly even 1-2 years, what happens to the older athletes not just at LeBron's age, but even older ones like Brady & Federer. In regards to the latter two, you'd have to think this break potentially saps the last ounce of what remains of their ability to be truly competitive at the highest level
MJ goat by far

Told you so

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 05:34 PM
MJ goat by far

Told you so

Mj goat.

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:34 PM
LeBron is not gonna be protected by the media anymore. Like 3ball said the media is probs gonna rank him top 10 to be safe.

LeBron is going to fade away QUIETLY. Thats my prediction. Forgotten. Scary SHIT.
^^^ most def

Especially with Giannis and Kawhi about to run off a string of rings

And don't let KD get him one.. then it's really over.. but if not KD, someone will make their mark

red1
03-20-2020, 05:35 PM
Id rather be a ringless virgin than be 3ball

just saying folks.

Axe
03-20-2020, 05:38 PM
So is it fair to point out that he will have '0' titles at age 35 now, the last time he won one was when he was at age 31?

FireDavidKahn
03-20-2020, 05:38 PM

LeBron is a legendary athlete, not a once in a generation but a legendary one. No one has had a body like him ever and it'd be foolish to think an extra couple months off from basketball will sap him of his ability. as long as LeBron stays in legendary shape he will be elite. His decline will be a slow decline as his athleticism slowly goes barring any major injury.

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 05:40 PM
^^^ most def

Especially with Giannis and Kawhi about to run off a string of rings

And don't let KD get him one.. then it's really over.. but if not KD, someone will make their mark I guess that Giannis will be the NEXT MAN up this generation and will replace LeBron. Giannis has the potential to be an all-time great and possibly surpass LeBron. Am i grasping at straws? Probably. Is it a possibility? YES.

KD done. With that injury? HELL NO.

Kawhi mimics MJ but he doesnt have that ''aura''. You know what i mean?

Giannis is the next ''guy''.

SouBeachTalents
03-20-2020, 05:41 PM
LeBron is a legendary athlete, not a once in a generation but a legendary one. No one has had a body like him ever and it'd be foolish to think an extra couple months off from basketball will sap him of his ability. as long as LeBron stays in legendary shape he will be elite. His decline will be a slow decline as his athleticism slowly goes barring any major injury.
Well I meant moreso Brady & Federer, who are both several years older. If this break is only a few months, he should be fine. But if we're talking potentially a year or two, that's definitely a killer. No amount of godlike genetics can make up for that amount of lost time

AirBonner
03-20-2020, 05:42 PM
LeBron has 5 more elite years til age 41 then 6 years as a solid role player and 6 more years after that as a bench player. LeBron has 17 years left

FireDavidKahn
03-20-2020, 05:47 PM
LeBron has 5 more elite years til age 41 then 6 years as a solid role player and 6 more years after that as a bench player. LeBron has 17 years left

Gonna play till Bronny's retirement:bowdown:

First father/son duo to be 1st ballot HOF'ers at the same time

AirBonner
03-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Gonna play till Bronny's retirement:bowdown:

First father/son duo to be 1st ballot HOF'ers at the same time :rockon::pimp:

Smoke117
03-20-2020, 10:39 PM
It's over

36 years old is simply too old for any perimeter player to be the best player on a champion

everyone runs faster/jumps higher at 30 than they do at 40 regardless of games or seasons played.. It's always been AGE that drives decline, not games or seasons played.

This pathetic ****ing fakkot is so happy right now lol. He was terrified Bran was going to win another championship and FMVP. You're such a pathetic ****ing c@nt.

G0ATbe
03-21-2020, 12:45 AM
He’s gotta be the most unlucky all time great ever. Getting drafted by the Cavs, facing the greatest teams ever assembled year after year, “superstar” teammates laying eggs or sitting out finals series, now a virus potentially c*ckblocking him from winning more championships . The fact he was able to win 3 regardless of all this is truly baffling.GOAT:applause:

FireDavidKahn
03-21-2020, 01:33 AM
He’s gotta be the most unlucky all time great ever. Getting drafted by the Cavs, facing the greatest teams ever assembled year after year, “superstar” teammates laying eggs or sitting out finals series, now a virus potentially c*ckblocking him from winning more championships . The fact he was able to win 3 regardless of all this is truly baffling.GOAT:applause:

Least amount of help ever. His teams are always one of the worst in the league when he leaves.

Axe
03-21-2020, 02:18 AM
Well, basketball is a team sport after all, not an individual sport.

Shaquille O'Neal
03-21-2020, 04:32 AM

Yes, very unlucky in 2013 to have Ray Allen hit the game tying 3 off of one of his bricks. Very unlucky to have Kyrie hit the go ahead 3 in the closing minutes of 2016 - very unlucky to have a 27PPG sidekick in the 2016 and a sidekick that dropped 41 in a game.

Do people think before they post?

Celtics 1825
03-21-2020, 04:51 AM
Well I meant moreso Brady & Federer, who are both several years older. If this break is only a few months, he should be fine. But if we're talking potentially a year or two, that's definitely a killer. No amount of godlike genetics can make up for that amount of lost time
I think Fed is done regardless at this point. That loss in last year's Wimbledon seemed to demoralize him, probably was his last chance to win a slam right there

ArbitraryWater
03-21-2020, 05:38 AM
So is it fair to point out that he will have '0' titles at age 35 now, the last time he won one was when he was at age 31?

No, its obviously not fair, are you completely ignorant as to what is happening?

My goodness, IQ levels..

ArbitraryWater
03-21-2020, 05:38 AM

Fed was gonna take a break anyway. I think he will resume at a healthy level

DoctorP
03-21-2020, 05:41 AM
No it's not over.He's been declining athletically but his skills have been able to hide the decline. He will be slower and stiffer but will remain productive next season.

Axe
03-21-2020, 06:02 AM
No, its obviously not fair, are you completely ignorant as to what is happening?

My goodness, IQ levels..
You still think the season or postseason will likely to continue now? Lmao.

Smoke117
03-21-2020, 06:12 AM
Fed was gonna take a break anyway. I think he will resume at a healthy level

Lol Federer is done and washed the same way your crush Nadal is with french open cancelled. He will never win another major again, autistic one.

brownmamba00
03-21-2020, 06:31 AM
Lol Federer is done and washed the same way your crush Nadal is with french open cancelled. He will never win another major again, autistic one.

You think you're some gangster. I swear i'd beat the **** out you:oldlol:

Lebron23
03-21-2020, 06:49 AM
He'll play in the NBA until 48.

TheImmortal
03-21-2020, 07:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiW4pstnWyE

:rockon:

Smoke117
03-21-2020, 08:36 AM
You think you're some gangster. I swear i'd beat the **** out you:oldlol:

What the fukk are you even babbling on about you half retarded goof?

Turbo Slayer
03-21-2020, 10:29 AM
He'll play in the NBA until 48.

Unrealistic. He probably play until 41 or something like that.

3ball
03-21-2020, 11:22 AM
Completely over

I've been celebrating for days now.. Still am... Aaah yeesss...

brownmamba00
03-21-2020, 11:23 AM
What the fukk are you even babbling on about you half retarded goof?

What i'm saying is you're a scrawny 150 pound pencilneck junkie. Do you talk this hot shit in public too? Internet gangster:lol

HylianNightmare
03-21-2020, 03:14 PM
Yes

SouBeachTalents
03-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Completely over

Banned :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
03-21-2020, 04:23 PM
You still think the season or postseason will likely to continue now? Lmao.

That was the point of my post you absolute nugget lol

But yes, it will at some point

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-21-2020, 04:33 PM
Completely over

Lol at this bitch ass coward. Imagine calling yourself a "Jordan fan" and having this mentality. Not even that...but a "basketball fan" period.

Turbo Slayer
03-21-2020, 05:13 PM
Lol at this bitch ass coward. Imagine calling yourself a "Jordan fan" and having this mentality. Not even that...but a "basketball fan" period.

:applause:

k 96
03-21-2020, 05:39 PM
It really all depends on how long it takes to find some kind of cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. I honestly dont see that happening this year. We all know that ESPN has invested way too much money on LeHype James, not to gift him with one, or two more championships. I can see the Lakers being carried by Anthony Davis, with another super star, and the NBA still rewarding LeHype with a Finals MVP, and In the end, Hype will end up 5 of 11. So In reality LeHype James career is over, but ESPN will make sure to still award him with championships.

Celtics 1825
03-21-2020, 06:08 PM
Banned :oldlol:
Finally. Won't last more than a few days though sadly

Axe
03-21-2020, 06:13 PM
That was the point of my post you absolute nugget lol

But yes, it will at some point
Rofl stop the damn name-calling. Doesn't make you look any better at all. Just childish and immature.

Naero
03-21-2020, 09:13 PM
It's inconceivable that it'll probably have been at least two years since his last playoffs run.

This year's likely nonappearance obviously won't tarnish his legacy at all, but it certainly deprives him of a golden opportunity to bolster it. It wouldn't surprise me if it were his last year leading a top-tier title-contender, looking at the rich tapestry.

There'll be not only Davis's possible egress but also stingier competition to roughen that road. The Warriors will be healthy and motivated, with lottery assets to boot; Kevin Durant will possibly return to a BITW level with a retooled supporting cast; and the Pelicans and Mavericks will continue building around their burgeoning superstars—not to mention all the other coups current title-contenders might make.

Even if this season is resumable (which looks increasingly unlikely), it's much easier said than done for the Lakers to pick up where they left off since rust ironically tends to affect older teams more than rest. Players of that age need to sharpen their cerebral skillsets to compensate for their physical decline, and they often lose their stride during protracted layoffs like this.

His title-contention days aren't necessarily over, but they most likely won't get any easier for the rest of his petering superstardom.

LAmbruh
03-21-2020, 09:42 PM
It's inconceivable that it'll probably have been at least two years since his last playoffs run.

This year's likely nonappearance obviously won't tarnish his legacy at all, but it certainly deprives him of a golden opportunity to bolster it. It wouldn't surprise me if it were his last year leading a top-tier title-contender, looking at the rich tapestry.

There'll be not only Davis's possible egress but also stingier competition to roughen that road. The Warriors will be healthy and motivated, with lottery assets to boot; Kevin Durant will possibly return to a BITW level with a retooled supporting cast; and the Pelicans and Mavericks will continue building around their burgeoning superstars—not to mention all the other coups current title-contenders might make.

Even if this season is resumable (which looks increasingly unlikely), it's much easier said than done for the Lakers to pick up where they left off since rust ironically tends to affect older teams more than rest. Players of that age need to sharpen their cerebral skillsets to compensate for their physical decline, and they often lose their stride during protracted layoffs like this.

His title-contention days aren't necessarily over, but they most likely won't get any easier for the rest of his petering superstardom.

Fascinating deep dive hypothesis, lets hope it doesn't age as poorly as this shit take from August

https://i.postimg.cc/Nf84ZB2T/tfgftuj.png

MrFonzworth
03-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Fascinating deep dive hypothesis, lets hope it doesn't age as poorly as this shit take from August

Wow. The thesaraus was wrong about EVERYTHING:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-21-2020, 10:00 PM
Wow. The thesaraus was wrong about EVERYTHING:facepalm

Am I the only one cringing after dudes posts? Credit for being a passionate fan or whatever, but damn. Speak like a normal human being. Not some contrived bot with words that don't even flow together.

TheCorporation
03-22-2020, 12:15 AM

Ouch :lol

#NoMoreEssaysForNaero

Keno
03-22-2020, 01:24 AM

well said. its like the basketball gods are against him.

Keno
03-22-2020, 01:26 AM
Am I the only one cringing after dudes posts? Credit for being a passionate fan or whatever, but damn. Speak like a normal human being. Not some contrived bot with words that don't even flow together.

LOL. :oldlol:so many cringe weirdos on here.

FireDavidKahn
03-22-2020, 01:30 AM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3oEjHCWdU7F4hkcudy/source.gif
:yaohappy:

scuzzy
03-22-2020, 02:15 AM

Giannis fanboys :lol Watching that 35yo revolving door man handle Freak Greek with ease, just days ago. Grandpa James snatching senior citizen MVP's off young Roids lap

South Beach RX >> bathtub Euro gear

SouBeachTalents
03-22-2020, 02:24 AM
I really don't know what he gets out of that. He really trying to impress dudes on a basketball message board with his extensive vocabulary :lol

He just comes off as a pretentious douchebag when posting like that

Stanley Kobrick
03-22-2020, 03:17 AM
bran stans with their excel spreadsheets. giannis stans with their webster's dictionary. get a hold of yourselves stan fams

Phoenix
03-22-2020, 06:41 AM
well said. its like the basketball gods are against him.

If they were against him they wouldn't have bestowed the talent and athleticism on him to begin with. Some of you really don't read back what you're saying before you press 'post'.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 06:50 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/Nf84ZB2T/tfgftuj.png :roll:

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 07:00 AM
LeBron could go down with a major injury next season like Kobe did.

It's a possibility.

Overdrive
03-22-2020, 07:33 AM
The way the US handled the crisis is pretty bad news for the sports leagues aswell. If the US somehow gets the curve maybe the league restarts late '20 early '21. If I was silver I'd continue this season for the rest of the 82 games and start the playoffs asap. Making it the '19-'21 season. Everything else would be straight up unfair.

Axe
03-22-2020, 07:38 AM
LeBron could go down with a major injury next season like Kobe did.

It's a possibility.
Considering his age today, yes.

TheImmortal
03-22-2020, 08:35 AM
You can put a fork in it. LeCollusions antics are O.V.E.R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiW4pstnWyE

jwillpro
03-26-2020, 01:57 AM
I think he has 2-3 years max as a superstar.

Axe
03-26-2020, 03:54 AM
He will mostly be remembered as the player of the 10s decade someday. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mr Feeny
03-26-2020, 04:03 AM
Let's say it is. Who cares?

Lebron has always said that his goal was to be a mount Rushmore player?
At the moment, he's the greatest player to ever wear a lakers uniform and the only guy close to him is Kareem. He has left Magic, Wilt, and Kobe in dust. He sits entrenched in the top 2 that have ever played the game.

On what planet is that a failure? He is the king of Cleveland. King of Miami. And now King of LA.

Axe
03-26-2020, 04:07 AM
Lol, "King of LA" yet he hasn't brought a championship to that team yet.

Mr Feeny
03-26-2020, 04:12 AM
Lol, "King of LA" yet he hasn't brought a championship to that team yet.

And yet he gets more cheers in LA than anything we have seen in the last 15 years.

Axe
03-26-2020, 04:43 AM
And yet he gets more cheers in LA than anything we have seen in the last 15 years.
Because you do realize that lakers stans are heavily expecting him to lift the said team out of their long playoff drought, right?