PDA

View Full Version : KG is the only reason that Kobe isn't considered a top 3 GOAT unanimously

90sgoat
03-09-2020, 03:08 PM
If KG doesn't team up and create the first Big 3, then Kobe has a 3-peat with Pau as well as a 3-peat with Shaq and the conversations changes entirely, when only MJ and Kobe have repeat 3-peats.

ronniec
03-09-2020, 03:39 PM
All this debate again?

If 3 aging star players team up is a sin, then how about Lebron/Wade/Bosh teaming up? How about Shaq/Kobe/Mailman/The Glove teaming up?
How about KD teaming up with Curry/Klay? Lebron teaming up with Kyrie/Love?

KG has nothing to do with Kobe's all time ranking. GTFO.

Andrei89
03-09-2020, 03:41 PM
All this debate again?

If 3 aging star players team up is a sin, then how about Lebron/Wade/Bosh teaming up? How about Shaq/Kobe/Mailman/The Glove teaming up?
How about KD teaming up with Curry/Klay? Lebron teaming up with Kyrie/Love?

KG has nothing to do with Kobe's all time ranking. GTFO.

Kobe teamed up with Nash, Prime Dwight with Artest and Pau on his team.

Yet KG is the bad guy here for teaming up with past their prime Pierce and Allen

red1
03-09-2020, 03:46 PM
you could do these what ifs for every player. lebron could've had 5 or 6 rings by now if kyrie didnt get injured and if kd wasnt a bitch. shaq couldve had 8 rings if he wasnt a fatass. etc etc

bullettooth
03-09-2020, 04:25 PM
That's funny because LeBron has racked up 5 finals losses when teaming up and somehow people think that makes him GOAT. LOL... the bar is set so low for LeBum.

red1
03-09-2020, 04:42 PM
That's funny because LeBron has racked up 5 finals losses when teaming up and somehow people think that makes him GOAT. LOL... the bar is set so low for LeBum.

and somehow he's the only poster you've ever posted about. :oldlol:

suck my dick and keep crying snaggletooth - can I get a ric flair a little "WOOOOO!!"? :oldlol: :roll:

AirBonner
03-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Actually if Dirk didn’t sweep him in 2011

bullettooth
03-09-2020, 04:47 PM
and somehow he's the only poster you've ever posted about. :oldlol:

suck my dick and keep crying snaggletooth - can I get a ric flair a little "WOOOOO!!"? :oldlol: :roll:

Oh snap, someone's on the defensive! Cry more, kiddo. What are you gonna do, deny reality?

red1
03-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Oh snap, someone's on the defensive! Cry more, kiddo. What are you gonna do, deny reality?

nah dude we're out here celebrating reality. its fun rooting for the 2nd GOAT - you can keep crying if you want though :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/B8c8Qm5pNzv1K/200.gif

Wally450
03-09-2020, 05:14 PM
If KG doesn't team up and create the first Big 3, then Kobe has a 3-peat with Pau as well as a 3-peat with Shaq and the conversations changes entirely, when only MJ and Kobe have repeat 3-peats.

You realize KG was the last piece of the Big 3 right?

SouBeachTalents
03-09-2020, 08:17 PM
One title takes you from fringe top 10 to top 3? I don't think so :oldlol:

KG got injured anyway so Kobe was able to win 2 more rings, even while shitting the bed in Game 7

FromDowntown
03-09-2020, 10:07 PM
6911 3balt

90sgoat
03-09-2020, 10:14 PM

Absolutely.

Without the NBA rigging 2015, Lebron would have 2 rings for 9 attempts.

NBAGOAT
03-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Absolutely.

lebron would still be top 5 however lol

90sgoat
03-09-2020, 10:49 PM
lebron would still be top 5 however lol

Nope and he isn't.

Lebron is neck and neck with a bunch of other guys around 9-15 spot.

guy
03-09-2020, 11:11 PM

KG got injured anyway so Kobe was able to win 2 more rings, even while shitting the bed in Game 7

This isn’t my opinion, but if Kobe had 1 more title, popular opinion would for sure be that he was top 3. For players that already have titles, there’s probably not another player who’s legacy would swing as much with 1 more title than Kobe.

SouBeachTalents
03-09-2020, 11:25 PM
This isn’t my opinion, but if Kobe had 1 more title, popular opinion would for sure be that he was top 3. For players that already have titles, there’s probably not another player who’s legacy would swing as much with 1 more title than Kobe.
When he already has 5? I agree that a title in '08 would've been a huge boost to his legacy, he would've won MVP/FMVP/Olympic Gold all in the same year, while being apart of two different 3peats. But top 3? I really, really don't see the argument for that. But to your last point, I think the player that would've definitely benefited the most from one more title would've been Wilt. Or hell, imagine if Hakeem had knocked off the Lakers & Celtics to win in '86, or if he had met up with Jordan and beaten him in the Finals? That would've been an immense boost to his legacy

AirBonner
03-09-2020, 11:26 PM

Not if KG won the fmvp

Stanley Kobrick
03-09-2020, 11:28 PM
to be fair Kobe had a hard time getting past Steve Nash who didn't even have Amare

Bankaii
03-09-2020, 11:28 PM
Absolutely.

They rigged a series LeBron lost in?

FromDowntown
03-09-2020, 11:44 PM
Nope and he isn't.

Lebron is neck and neck with a bunch of other guys around 9-15 spot.

Chill 3ball, everyone knows its you :lol

guy
03-09-2020, 11:46 PM
When he already has 5? I agree that a title in '08 would've been a huge boost to his legacy, he would've won MVP/FMVP/Olympic Gold all in the same year, while being apart of two different 3peats. But top 3? I really, really don't see the argument for that. But to your last point, I think the player that would've definitely benefited the most from one more title would've been Wilt. Or hell, imagine if Hakeem had knocked off the Lakers & Celtics to win in '86, or if he had met up with Jordan and beaten him in the Finals? That would've been an immense boost to his legacy

Hakeem and Wilt are arguable too. Wilt is regarded as a loser for the most part for “only” winning 2, and Hakeem’s legacy isn’t considered for much outside of those 2 years and even that is downplayed for Jordan not being there.

Kobe is arguable too. He would’ve matched Jordan in titles. Something about getting to 6 would put him much higher up in public opinion’s eyes. On top of that you have to consider that to win that year that would’ve required him playing better. He would also be a 3x MVP, so tied for 2nd all-time. You also have to consider that he’s stopping 3 HOFers from ever winning a title. Or if it was 2011 instead, he would’ve beat Lebron and also embarrass him given the choke.

iamgine
03-10-2020, 05:31 AM
I don't think Kobe would unanimously be considered top 3 even with 2 threepeats.

guy
03-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Do people not remember how much the media was trying to crown Kobe as being on the same level as Jordan? It was pretty similar to what they are doing now with Lebron. He just didn’t have enough hardware and the media just moved on to Lebron once Kobe stopped winning. If he had 6, he would easily be considered top 3. The media doesn’t care about Russell and Kareem. The media would’ve loved to say the top 3 GOATs were Jordan, Lebron and Kobe. In terms of star power, those are already the top 3.

Wally450
03-10-2020, 10:11 AM
They rigged a series LeBron lost in?

:lol

Dude has no idea what he's talking about.

90sgoat
03-10-2020, 10:17 AM
Do people not remember how much the media was trying to crown Kobe as being on the same level as Jordan?

I remember, back in 2007ish, when Kobe was coming of that 36ppg season and Lebron had yet to his stride.

The discussion back then wasn't even Lebron but Kobe vs McGrady and Kobe fans definitely claimed him as GOAT.

Akeem34TheDream
03-10-2020, 11:39 AM
How about Tim Duncan? And instead of Kobe, he was actually close to winning in 2013.

90sgoat
03-10-2020, 11:42 AM
How about Tim Duncan? And instead of Kobe, he was actually close to winning in 2013.

Spurs got screwed out of that one as well. The league has rigged all but one ring for Lebron.

Duncan was however not in his prime anymore. Kobe was in his prime with the second 3-peat attempt.

guy
03-10-2020, 12:24 PM

Duncan’s legacy would’ve definitely jumped but he wouldn’t have gotten to top 3. Gregg Popovich gets a lot of credit for their success usually. Duncan should probably get more, but he doesn’t.

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2020, 12:27 PM
Did the OP really just say KG teamed up to create the first big 3?

Before he got traded KG actively refused to be traded. He had to be convinced because Glen wanted to go into a rebuild.

Andrei89
03-10-2020, 01:17 PM
:lol

Dude has no idea what he's talking about.

To top it all off Lebron played that series with delly as a second option.

Somehow 2015 was rigged in lebron's favor though lmaoooo