PDA

View Full Version : Watched the Lakers/Bucks Game Last Night...

ThatCoolKid
03-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Was looking forward to seeing the MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo in action heard the Bucks were a juggernaut supposed to win 70 games this season. Instead I saw some grandpa take over the game and dunk all over the prettyboy Bucks??? I thought this was supposed to be the unanimous MVP this season??? :lol:lol:lol

Anyway just goes to show you - the media can keep giving MVPs out to no names all they want. LeThanos is inevitable #striveforgreatness #washedking #thekidfromakron

FireDavidKahn
03-07-2020, 12:04 PM
First Giannabolic gets sonned by a rookie and now by a grandpa? Damn.

ThatCoolKid
03-07-2020, 12:09 PM
First Giannabolic gets sonned by a rookie and now by a grandpa? Damn.

:lol:lol:lol Poor kid just can't catch a break. Gonna be embarrassing after he flames out in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year after winning meaningless RS award #2.

tontoz
03-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Giannis had 32/11/6 so let's not pretend he sucked.

Middleton was 5-19. Cant blame Giannis for that.

FireDavidKahn
03-07-2020, 01:13 PM

You can blame Giannis for backing down like a bitch whenever LeBron was involved especially in the 2nd half.

The box score for Giannis might as well have been 6 points on 3/20 shooting with 5 rebounds and 2 assists because he was dominated by LBJ.

tontoz
03-07-2020, 01:32 PM
You can blame Giannis for backing down like a bitch whenever LeBron was involved especially in the 2nd half.

The box score for Giannis might as well have been 6 points on 3/20 shooting with 5 rebounds and 2 assists because he was dominated by LBJ.

Giannis scored 12 pts in the 4th quarter, Lebron 11.

Meanwhile AD outscored Middleton 30 - 12. That was the difference in the game.

ThatCoolKid
03-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Giannis scored 12 pts in the 4th quarter, Lebron 11.

Meanwhile AD outscored Middleton 30 - 12. That was the difference in the game.

The difference was that whenever the game was in the balance and Lebron guarded Giannis he put the clamps on him. Whenever Giannis tried to stop Lebron... :lol:lol:lol

FireDavidKahn
03-07-2020, 01:35 PM
The difference was that whenever the game was in the balance and Lebron guarded Giannis he put the clamps on him. Whenever Giannis tried to stop Lebron... :lol:lol:lol

https://twitter.com/AnotherNBAFan/status/1236168586516983808

AlternativeAcc.
03-07-2020, 03:43 PM
LeBron owns Giannis

if Bucks make finals it'll be LeBron vs. Curry all over again. It's hilarious to see LeBron destory every "next best player in the world" .. Rose, Durant, Kawhit, Curry, and now Giannis. (not to mention his owning of previous best players ie. Kobe/Duncan) LeBron's killer instinct is unmatched in the history of sports

Axe
03-07-2020, 03:58 PM
Rofl smh. So much hate for giannis and the bucks just because they lost then split the regular-season series. Also, as far as i'm concerned, they're still in the top of the league because they still have the most wins and fewest losses atm in this season.

DoctorP
03-07-2020, 04:00 PM
quite simplty: a duo beat a 1 star w/ role players. no answer for AD

tontoz
03-07-2020, 04:25 PM
quite simplty: a duo beat a 1 star w/ role players. no answer for AD

AD missed 14 shots. He took 24 shots and 11 foul shots to score 30 points. Lebron was the Bucks big problem.

Axe
03-07-2020, 04:38 PM
Don't forget middleton. Poor guy wasn't even able to score at least 20 points for the whole game, something which is closer to his average ppg.

tontoz
03-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Just got done watching the game. I really think the criticism of Giannis is unjustified. Against an elite defensive team he dropped 32/11/6 with only 2 turnovers. The only thing i would criticize is 6 3 pt attempts. Van Gundy commented about it in the first half that shot selection is important. When Giannis brings the ball down the floor and takes a 3 without anyone else touching the ball that is a bad possession. You can't waste possessions like that in the playoffs.

I think he played well. Lebron was better but let's not pretend like he punk'd Giannis. I only saw Lebron score 4 pts in the 2nd half while being guarded by Giannis and the game wasn't in the balance at the time. All 4 were in the 3rd quarter. Mostly he was guarded by Mathews.

If these teams make the Finals i think Marvin Williams will get plenty of time guarding Lebron. I used to live in Atlanta and follow the Hawks and i remember Marvin actually used to give Lebron trouble defensively. Marvin is long with quick feet. Granted Lebron didn't post up much then.

I think Lebron was using this as a statement game to the league that "I am still here. If you want a ring you have to go through me." He was really good.

I also think it is weak that Bucks fans are on here defending Giannis. Show some backbone.

red1
03-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Just got done watching the game. I really think the criticism of Giannis is unjustified. Against an elite defensive team he dropped 32/11/6 with only 2 turnovers. The only thing i would criticize is 6 3 pt attempts. Van Gundy commented about it in the first half that shot selection is important. When Giannis brings the ball down the floor and takes a 3 without anyone else touching the ball that is a bad possession. You can't waste possessions like that in the playoffs.

I think he played well. Lebron was better but let's not pretend like he punk'd Giannis. I only saw Lebron score 4 pts in the 2nd half while being guarded by Giannis and the game wasn't in the balance at the time. All 4 were in the 3rd quarter. Mostly he was guarded by Mathews.

If these teams make the Finals i think Marvin Williams will get plenty of time guarding Lebron. I used to live in Atlanta and follow the Hawks and i remember Marvin actually used to give Lebron trouble defensively. Marvin is long with quick feet. Granted Lebron didn't post up much then.

I think Lebron was using this as a statement game to the league that "I am still here. If you want a ring you have to go through me." He was really good.

and giannis got nothing from middleton - the bucks will be better at home plus they'll have homecourt if the lakers do somehow get past the clippers

it was a good win against a great team but there's still work to do because the lakers aren't winning shit if they brick that many threes against the clippers

tontoz
03-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Also Giannis made a couple of nice turnaround jumpers last night. That shot is far more important for him in the playoffs than 3s IMO. I think we have a big enough sample size to say that he isn't going to ever be a good 3 pt shooter. But if he can make those turnaround js at a reasonable rate when his drives get cut off that will be huge in the playoffs.

NBAGOAT
03-07-2020, 07:04 PM
giannis focused on his jump shot over the summer. I would've preferred him work on his playmaking which definitely has has room for improvement. granted 6'11 guys like giannis are likely never going be top tier playmakers

bobopenguin
03-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Also Giannis made a couple of nice turnaround jumpers last night. That shot is far more important for him in the playoffs than 3s IMO. I think we have a big enough sample size to say that he isn't going to ever be a good 3 pt shooter. But if he can make those turnaround js at a reasonable rate when his drives get cut off that will be huge in the playoffs.

the same applied to AD's shot, he missed a bunch of shots that he usually made, simply was not in condition last night. Imagine if he shapes up during the playoff, who can stop him and lebron?

FKAri
03-07-2020, 08:04 PM

A preview of the Bucks 2020 playoffs campaign.

NuggetsFan01
03-08-2020, 11:06 AM
Does Lebron have the intimidator badge?