PDA

View Full Version : Let's be real, Zion is a star already

StrongLurk
03-01-2020, 11:03 PM
And will have a Luka-esque second year where he will already be a superstar.

There is a LOT of crazy good young talent in the NBA right now. Exciting stuff.

90sgoat
03-01-2020, 11:13 PM
There's a lot of ifs with Zion.

Health is the biggest concern, but also the risk that he just doesn't want to be the best bad enough. He is already able to have a solid career with plenty All Star selections, just by doing what he does now, which is bully and dunk.

If he's going to be at Luka level, he needs to figure out how to impact the game that he makes others better.

FireDavidKahn
03-01-2020, 11:21 PM
If he was not injured to start the season he would have ended up on an all-NBA team. He's a true generational talent.

Axe
03-01-2020, 11:21 PM
Is a star already? But he didn't even play a single game in the first 41 games of the regular season due to his injury.

FireDavidKahn
03-01-2020, 11:24 PM
Is a star already? But he didn't even play a single game in the first 41 games of the regular season due to his injury.

...His team has a NETRTG of -3.17 without him and +12.39 with him. Plus the stats and the eye test?

Confirmed star already

Axe
03-01-2020, 11:28 PM
...His team has a NETRTG of -3.17 without him and +12.39 with him. Plus the stats and the eye test?

Confirmed star already
Truly influential to his team then i guess but will it be enough for the pelicans to clinch a playoff spot this year?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-01-2020, 11:32 PM
Had doubts early on. Well, not "doubts" but I wasn't going to crown him on potential.

Since his return he's played like a superstar. No question.

StrongLurk
03-01-2020, 11:33 PM
Zion's impact has been amazing already...anyone denying this is just a hater or dumb (probably both).

He is a star already...the next Barkley.

Are people forgetting Zion is STILL 19??? He has a summer birthday so he was always one of the youngest in his school classes...

19 years old for the rest of this year and he is BULLYING people in the NBA.

DoctorP
03-01-2020, 11:35 PM
lettuce be cereal

RRR3
03-01-2020, 11:37 PM

Health is the biggest concern, but also the risk that he just doesn't want to be the best bad enough. He is already able to have a solid career with plenty All Star selections, just by doing what he does now, which is bully and dunk.

If he's going to be at Luka level, he needs to figure out how to impact the game that he makes others better.
Oh shut up. We all know why you don’t like Zion.

Docs Orders
03-01-2020, 11:41 PM
HOF lock

Axe
03-01-2020, 11:49 PM
I just hope Zion's career won't be short lived like what happened to Greg Oden who didn't even last a decade playing in the league.

bobopenguin
03-02-2020, 01:02 AM
Zion is a star already.
theres were no single lakers can guard this man one on one, not even dwight.

LakersFan626
03-02-2020, 01:25 AM
Zion is a LOT like a young Charles Barkley in terms of his play style despite a bulky frame. The only thing is that he's being treated like not only a superstar, but a chosen one despite only playing a handful of games. Hyping up "LeBron vs. Zion" is one thing, but also having him get so many calls despite being a rookie can really turn people against him quick. In a year or two he'll definitely be a top 5 or top 10 player in the league, but being treated like a successor right out of the gate (like Kobe and LeBron were) could really hurt him, especially if he turns out to be as injury prone as he is (Kobe and LeBron were/are at least VERY durable). The injuries are already catching up to Blake in only his 10th season...

Marchesk
03-02-2020, 01:55 AM
Zion really does get a lot of calls near the rim. Of course Howard's reputation doesn't help with the refs. Pelicans had a huge advantage with the foul calls. Some of that was earned.

I'll take back what I said earlier about Zion. He looks really good. But the constant hyping him is still annoying.

WolfGang
03-02-2020, 06:08 AM
Zion gets fouled just about every play. It was real bad his first few games. I think the refs are trying to give the kid some space so he can actually play.

I didn't think he would be this good, a possible alpha over the NBA.

ImKobe
03-02-2020, 06:27 AM
Zion gets fouled just about every play. It was real bad his first few games. I think the refs are trying to give the kid some space so he can actually play.

I didn't think he would be this good, a possible alpha over the NBA.

Are we watching the same games? Zion's getting as many superstar calls as any player in the league, it was apparent in this recent game when he got away with offensive fouls while defenders in his vicinity got called for fouls seemingly every time down the court in the 2nd/3rd quarter. He's hard to ref because of how physical he is, I expected him to draw a lot less fouls because of that, but refs apparently think he's a 6-1 point guard with how little the defenders are allowed to match up with him physically.

scuzzy
03-02-2020, 07:21 AM
One things for sure, critics aren't baby'ing this guy around like they did with Ingram/Lonzo

"he's still a 19yo, he'll get better, he'll be fine" :lol

Nah Zion has that IT factor. That real potential

Jay-B
03-02-2020, 09:10 AM
He’s real good and only gonna get better but I swear he’s gonna need to tone down his body and get in better shape for the years to come

Axe
03-02-2020, 09:11 AM
He’s real good and only gonna get better but I swear he’s gonna need to tone down his body and get in better shape for the years to come
I concur.

red1
03-02-2020, 11:13 AM
he's already a bonafide superstar

ralph_i_el
03-02-2020, 12:45 PM

Finishing every pass he receives inside of 10ft is going to make his teammates lives a lot easier.

MaxPlayer
03-02-2020, 01:06 PM
He's the most physical offensive player since Shaq.

FireDavidKahn
03-02-2020, 02:01 PM
The kid will learn in time but for now he is LeChild in LeFam.

https://twitter.com/LakerFacts/status/1234537768862175232

90sgoat
03-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Finishing every pass he receives inside of 10ft is going to make his teammates lives a lot easier.

It's true, he requires very little plays called to be effective, which is a great thing.

PP34Deuce
03-02-2020, 04:33 PM
It's funny how much the media will attempt to shape non hardcore basketball fans on a player. He's a very good player with obvious holes as a rookie. Hearing the commentators the agenda is definitely to make him the face of the league. The positive is he plays so hard that even his teammates and opposing team were hustling. Lebron definitely didn't want to be outshone and you saw him begin to play harder and more aggressive.

Marchesk
03-02-2020, 07:57 PM

You mean not counting Lebron when he puts his shoulder down and is determined to get to the rim.

imdaman99
03-02-2020, 09:20 PM
You mean not counting Lebron when he puts his shoulder down and is determined to get to the rim.

Pretty soon you will be making threads on him. The guy dropped 35 points on like 16 shots :lebronamazed:

tontoz
03-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Zion is so good he actually makes Lonzo look like a useful player.

Axe
03-02-2020, 09:54 PM
He's the most physical offensive player since Shaq.
Imagine if he's also great defensively as well. He would make the pelicans a great contending team.