PDA

View Full Version : Isnt it amazing DeShawn Stevenson even had an NBA career after that case?

Kblaze8855
02-28-2020, 07:24 AM
Stevenson faces misdemeanour charge in rape caseSocial SharingFacebook
Twitter
Reddit
LinkedIn
Email

CBC Sports · Posted: Sep 20, 2001 10:27 PM ET | Last Updated: September 20, 2001

The statutory rape charge against Utah Jazz guard DeShawn Stevenson was reduced Thursday from a felony to a misdemeanour after a court hearing in which one alleged victim changed her story.
Fresno County Superior Court Judge Alan Simpson ordered Stevenson and his friend DeShawn Anderson, both 20, to stand trial on the reduced charges after a 15-year-old girl took the stand and said she never had sex with Anderson.
When asked by Deputy District Attorney Becky Gong if she and Anderson had sex, the girl said they kissed and he touched her but "not on my bottom part or nothing like that."
"I said (I had sex with him) to get back at him, I guess," she said. "To get him into trouble."
It's unclear why she wanted to get Anderson in trouble.
The girl also repeatedly said she didn't remember all of the things that went on that night.
The 14-year-old girl with whom Stevenson allegedly had consensual sex didn't attend the hearing.
She told police in June that Stevenson called her on the night of June 6 and asked if she had any "freak friends," girls "that will do anything sexually," Fresno police officer David Unruh said during the hearing.
The girls originally told police they went with the men to a Howard Johnson's motel in Fresno and got drunk willingly on brandy and Coke.
The girls both told police they had consensual sex with the men.
"(The 14-year-old) said it was voluntary," Unruh said. "The second thing she said was if she had not been so drunk, she probably would not have had sex with him."
The 15-year-old said Richard Millsap, a former teammate of the suspects at a Fresno high school who now plays at Spring Hill College, watched but didn't participate in the sex. He isn't facing charges.
The 15-year-old told police in June that Stevenson stopped Millsap from trying to have sex with the 14-year-old while she was passed out, Fresno police detective Craig Attkisson said at the hearing.
Stevenson allegedly admitted he had sex with the 14-year-old girl in a telephone conversation recorded by police. The six-foot-five Stevenson, who was a rookie last season, allegedly admitted to the girl's mother the two had sex and implicated his friend.
If convicted, both men face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. Had they been tried on the more serious felony charges, they could have faced up to three years in state prison.
Both have pleaded not guilty.
A trial date is set for Oct. 25.
Stevenson played in 40 games for the Jazz, averaging 2.2 points and 0.7 rebounds. He was on the injured list for more than a month with tendinitis in his right knee.

Safe to say hes out of the league in 2020 right?

Not that being in it helped much long term. Apparently he lost a case to American express over 385K in unpaid bills and they got the entire contents of his bank accounts.....which was 62 dollars and 9 cents.

I assume hes got some money or assets hidden somewhere and his NBA pension will be about 200K a year(though he cant get it for 24 more years).....but he still ****ed up most of it clearly.

age of consent was 14 in hawaii up until 2001

these types of things are pretty arbitrary

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2020, 08:33 AM
age of consent was 14 in hawaii up until 2001

these types of things are pretty arbitrary
There are countries where 12 year-olds get married. This isn't one of them. Stevenson has to have known that sex with a 14 year-old is illegal (pretty sure he's not Hawaiian). I don't know the details to this case but the only possible defense he could have for doing it if he did it is that he didn't know her age. I'm not going to delve into the moral issue so much but just as a legal matter, what young man in America doesn't know that that's statutory rape?

With that said, "I guess that means I'm academically ineligible" was an all-time great response to criticism.

most people of any age don't know much of anything

in 1880 in the u.s. the age of consent ranged from 7-12 depending on what state you were in

today the age of consent is 16 in 31 states, 17 in 6 states, and 18 in 13 states

like i said, arbitrary, like life in general

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2020, 10:27 AM
Sounds like you may have some issues with pedo law beyond what I'm trying to address so I'll just leave that alone.

Sounds like you may have some issues with pedo law beyond what I'm trying to address so I'll just leave that alone.

"what young man in America doesn't know that that's statutory rape?"

i can virtually guarantee you most people in america today have no idea the age of consent is under 18 in 37 states

in 2020 there'd be more pressure to get him out of the league if he banged a 16 or 17 year old girl in a state where the age of consent is 18

partially because there are nutjobs today arguing the age of consent should be raised to 20 or 30

just like there were nutjobs who outlawed alcohol during prohibition

those same exact nutjobs were the ones who demanded politicians drastically raise the age of consent in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries to their more or less current ranges because they were religious freaks who hated sex

SouBeachTalents
02-28-2020, 12:12 PM

i can virtually guarantee you most people in america today have no idea the age of consent is under 18 in 39 states

in 2020 there'd be more pressure to get him out of the league if he banged a 16 or 17 year old girl in a state where the age of consent is 18

partially because there are nutjobs today arguing the age of consent should be raised to 20 or 30

those same exact nutjobs were the ones who demanded politicians drastically raise the age of consent in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries to their more or less current ranges because they were religious freaks who hated sex
Nobody has ever said the age of consent should be 30 :oldlol:

DoctorP
02-28-2020, 12:34 PM
Weinstein didnt kill himself.

Real Men Wear Green
02-28-2020, 12:59 PM

i can virtually guarantee you most people in america today have no idea the age of consent is under 18 in 37 states

Kblaze8855
02-28-2020, 01:01 PM
This took an unfortunate turn.

iamgine
02-28-2020, 01:06 PM
Age of consent in Japan is 13.

It is a beautiful country, in so many ways.

Nobody has ever said the age of consent should be 30 :oldlol:

it sounds funny though. lol

people have said 20

if you look at the evidence and logic they use there's no great reason some won't start arguing higher than 20

why not 30 or 40 or 50? if you look hard enough in this crazy world you can find someone arguing almost anything

FireDavidKahn
02-29-2020, 10:29 AM
Karl Malone should have been in prison.

One giant scumbag and I can't wait to here what people will say defending his ass:oldlol:

SpaceJam2
02-29-2020, 10:44 AM
it sounds funny though. lol

people have said 20

if you look at the evidence and logic they use there's no great reason some won't start arguing higher than 20

why not 30 or 40 or 50? if you look hard enough in this crazy world you can find someone arguing almost anything

Right. Just like someone arguing that a 20 year old having sex with a 14 year old is fine and age of consent is "arbitrary."

BarberSchool
02-29-2020, 10:45 AM
While I have no respect for how utterly stupid and impulsively pointlessly violent Stevenson’s nature is, and how predatory he may be ..... as per several posters here on both sides of the issue focused on “age of consent” ....

....the ultimate and final arbiter of sexual maturity is not linear age, especially not for people with equatorial roots who mature earlier. No, the ultimate arbiter is biology endowed upon us by whatever force created us. Menstuation, breast development, and hormone-dependent non-terminal body hair development happen at different ages for different girls. 18 is not an inherently magical number, nor is it a magical age at which sexual development that is equal for all people, and especially not at all times in history.

Several homies I grew up with were victims of this horribly misguided & unwaveringly standardized legal system. One was locked up in upstate NY for 4 years after after just turning 19 & dating a girl months away from her 17th bday. They met in high school when both were underage and her parents didn’t like him. Another was a similar situation but was 20 with a 17yr old, and only served 2 years.

Statutory rape is applied with a broad brush and these girls were both FULLY DEVELOPED in many ways.

Think for yourself. Laws aren’t magical or infallible. Human judgement per individual situation should not bend at the heel of law. Law is here to serve society. Not the other way around.

All that said, Stephenson was a 20yr old multi-millionaire athlete, and was still pushing up on a 14yr old Fresno hoodrat (regardless of how physically mature she was) , it validates many concerns over DeShawn’s glaring lack of mental and social maturity, which persisted throughout his NBA career, and contributed to his inability to ever reach anywhere near his ceiling as a player or teammate.

Karl Malone should have been in prison.

One giant scumbag and I can't wait to here what people will say defending his ass:oldlol:

it would've hurt utah's chance of winning a title that's for sure. lol

[/B]

Right. Just like someone arguing that a 20 year old having sex with a 14 year old is fine and age of consent is "arbitrary."

i'm not really interested in defending or condemning him

i know most will condemn him without thinking it through though

While I have no respect for how utterly stupid and impulsively pointlessly violent Stevenson’s nature is, and how predatory he may be ..... as per several posters here on both sides of the issue focused on “age of consent” ....

....the ultimate and final arbiter of sexual maturity is not linear age, especially not for people with equatorial roots who mature earlier. No, the ultimate arbiter is biology endowed upon us by whatever force created us. Menstuation, breast development, and hormone-dependent non-terminal body hair development happen at different ages for different girls. 18 is not an inherently magical number, nor is it a magical age at which sexual development that is equal for all people, and especially not at all times in history.

Several homies I grew up with were victims of this horribly misguided & unwaveringly standardized legal system. One was locked up in upstate NY for 4 years after after just turning 19 & dating a girl months away from her 17th bday. They met in high school when both were underage and her parents didn’t like him. Another was a similar situation but was 20 with a 17yr old, and only served 2 years.

Statutory rape is applied with a broad brush and these girls were both FULLY DEVELOPED in many ways.

Think for yourself. Laws aren’t magical or infallible. Human judgement per individual situation should not bend at the heel of law. Law is here to serve society. Not the other way around.

All that said, Stephenson was a 20yr old multi-millionaire athlete, and was still pushing up on a 14yr old Fresno hoodrat (regardless of how physically mature she was) , it validates many concerns over DeShawn’s glaring lack of mental and social maturity, which persisted throughout his NBA career, and contributed to his inability to ever reach anywhere near his ceiling as a player or teammate.

emily ratajkowski at 14 years old

those look like developed milkbags to me

https://i.imgur.com/LexnGMg.jpg

emily ratajkowski at 14 years old

those look like developed milkbags to me

https://i.imgur.com/LexnGMg.jpg

breast size doesn't really matter though

ratajkowski had/has like c/d cups

milla jovovich and natalie portman have a cups and they are both older than me and i want to bang them. does that make me a pedophile because they have small breasts? lol

when it comes to the "mental maturity" of teenagers i'm very similar to the way i was 20 years ago. ahead of the curve

breast size doesn't really matter though

ratajkowski had/has like c/d cups

milla jovovich and natalie portman have a cups and they are both older than me and i want to bang them. does that make me a pedophile because they have small breasts? lol

when it comes to the "mental maturity" of teenagers i'm very similar to the way i was 20 years ago. ahead of the curve

another funny one is when people say women who shave their ******s look like prepubescent girls

no. they look like grown women with shaved ******s. lol

are women pedophiles if they are attracted to men who shave their balls and/or beards? no. lol

another funny one is when people say women who shave their ******s look like prepubescent girls

no. they look like grown women with shaved ******s. lol

are women pedophiles if they are attracted to men who shave their balls and/or beards? no. lol

lol. you can't even type "the v word" nowadays without it being censored

Whoah10115
03-01-2020, 12:30 AM
This thread should probably be closed.

This thread should probably be closed.

age of consent in germany: 14
age of consent in italy: 14
age of consent in france: 15
age of consent in sweden:15

i could go on

age of consent in germany: 14
age of consent in italy: 14
age of consent in france: 15
age of consent in sweden:15

i could go on

if you add other european countries like albania, hungary, austria, portugal, serbia, bulgaria, and estonia where the age of consent is 14

and if you add other european countries like denmark, greece, poland, slovenia, and croatia where the age of consent is 15

the population adds up to roughly the same as the u.s.

you could put together a good basketball team from those 16 countries. lol

luka doncic/tony parker
drazen petrovic/goran dragic
giannis antetokounmpo/peja stojakovic/toni kukoc
dirk nowitzki/detlef schrempf
nikola jokic/rudy gobert/vlade divac

Proctor
03-01-2020, 12:38 PM
Kenneth melting down hard ITT :roll:

And1AllDay
03-01-2020, 05:11 PM

makes sense post is kennth :oldlol:

What a pedo

jbryan1984
03-01-2020, 05:31 PM
I really don't get it either. They need to just make it a federal law for everywhere tbh. I heard on the radio last year some 19 year old going to jail for sleeping (not rapping) a 16 year old so yeah i dont get it.

Lebron23
03-01-2020, 09:08 PM

What a pedo

That Redneck Canadian. I thought he is going to change his attitude after Kobe died.

fsvr54
03-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Safe to say hes out of the league in 2020 right?

Not that being in it helped much long term. Apparently he lost a case to American express over 385K in unpaid bills and they got the entire contents of his bank accounts.....which was 62 dollars and 9 cents.

I assume hes got some money or assets hidden somewhere and his NBA pension will be about 200K a year(though he cant get it for 24 more years).....but he still ****ed up most of it clearly.

:roll:

That ****ing sucks!

What a pedo

That Redneck Canadian. I thought he is going to change his attitude after Kobe died.

i'm neither kenneth nor a pedophile nor a redneck nor canadian. lol

if you add other european countries like albania, hungary, austria, portugal, serbia, bulgaria, and estonia where the age of consent is 14

and if you add other european countries like denmark, greece, poland, slovenia, and croatia where the age of consent is 15

the population adds up to roughly the same as the u.s.

you could put together a good basketball team from those 16 countries. lol

luka doncic/tony parker
drazen petrovic/goran dragic
giannis antetokounmpo/peja stojakovic/toni kukoc
dirk nowitzki/detlef schrempf
nikola jokic/rudy gobert/vlade divac

perhaps you could improve the bench

nicholas batum is probably a better defender than dragic but dragic is a better scorer and also a third string point guard on this team

italy proved to be useless for this team, although danilo gallinari is not a bum and would make it to the last cut but i'd probably take schrempf and kukoc

only 6 of the 16 countries provided players for the team. lol

i think eventually someone from europe will come along at shooting guard as good or better than petrovic

perhaps you could improve the bench

nicholas batum is probably a better defender than dragic but dragic is a better scorer and also a third string point guard on this team

italy proved to be useless for this team, although danilo gallinari is not a bum and would make it to the last cut but i'd probably take schrempf and kukoc

only 6 of the 16 countries provided players for the team. lol

i think eventually someone from europe will come along at shooting guard as good or better than petrovic

7 players from what used to be called yugoslavia, 2 from germany, 2 from france, and 1 from greece

interesting breakdown

7 players from what used to be called yugoslavia, 2 from germany, 2 from france, and 1 from greece

interesting breakdown

the combined population of what used to be called yugoslavia, germany, france, and greece is about 147 million less than the u.s.

the combined population of what used to be called yugoslavia, germany, france, and greece is about 147 million less than the u.s.

detlef schrempf and drazen petrovic were born in the early 1960's when the u.s. population was only like 190 million

perhaps it would be an equal matchup if the current best 12 man team from the u.s. played the all time team from yugoslavia, germany, france, and greece? u.s. would probably still win. lol

curry/paul/irving
harden/klay/butler
james/leonard
durant/george
davis/whiteside

if you took an all time team from the u.s. they'd definitely have the advantage

johnson/stockton
jordan/bryant
james/bird/durant
duncan/garnett
shaq/kareem/hakeem

maybe in 50 years from now the all time yugoslavia/germany/france/greece team can win? maybe never? lol