PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Harden over Luka?

iamgine
02-21-2020, 12:22 AM
Knowing what you know now, if they are at the same draft class, would you take James Harden over Luka Doncic?

FireDavidKahn
02-21-2020, 12:27 AM
Lol what?

We've seen what a prime Harden has done while we've only seen Luka in his second year.

If both were in the same draft class knowing what we know now you'd be crazy to not take Harden.

MrFonzworth
02-21-2020, 02:16 AM
Doncic every single time.

Gougou
02-21-2020, 02:53 AM
Yeah I pick Lukas if I want to build a brand new franchise, he is young, 20 years old already one of the best player in the NBA, can play PG and SG, triple double machine, very versatile playstyle, would definitely pick him.

Smoke117
02-21-2020, 04:39 AM
Lol what?

We've seen what a prime Harden has done while we've only seen Luka in his second year.

If both were in the same draft class knowing what we know now you'd be crazy to not take Harden.

Is this a joke? We’ve seen Harden a multitude of times shit the bed in the playoffs. When the Rockets were up 3-1 over the Warriors it was because of Chris Paul and NOT James Harden who was basically doing his very best to shoot them out of their 2nd and 3rd wins with his dribble dribble step back 3pt attempt bullshit. Paul was the one making all the big plays and shots in the 4th quarter of those wins.

You obviously take Luka over Harden if you are drafting right now. Luka is already near a prime Harden while only being 20 yrs old and in his second season.

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 05:09 AM
Hard to say. We havnt seen luka against playoff defenses yet. People are assuming he'd perform just as good as harden in the playoffs but im not sure he will. Luka dosnt seem to like physical play and the playoffs are much more physical and refs let guys get away with alot more. This physical play will probably result in luka settling for a shit ton of step back threes that i doubt will lead to alot of success for luka and the mavs.

Jay-B
02-21-2020, 05:11 AM
Doncic lol all day

Ghost1
02-21-2020, 05:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERLVf1xXYAQEd00?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Jasper
02-21-2020, 12:09 PM
luka for sure , complete baller and defense as well

superduper
02-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Is this a joke? We’ve seen Harden a multitude of times shit the bed in the playoffs. When the Rockets were up 3-1 over the Warriors it was because of Chris Paul and NOT James Harden who was basically doing his very best to shoot them out of their 2nd and 3rd wins with his dribble dribble step back 3pt attempt bullshit. Paul was the one making all the big plays and shots in the 4th quarter of those wins.

You obviously take Luka over Harden if you are drafting right now. Luka is already near a prime Harden while only being 20 yrs old and in his second season.

This is the stupidest analysis ever considering we have yet to see playoff Doncic.

FireDavidKahn
02-21-2020, 12:38 PM

How on earth does 2nd year Luka compare to prime Harden?

I'd obviously take Luka for the long term (given the age difference and control due to contracts) but if Luka and Harden were the same age and in the same draft class what possible argument could there be that you'd take Luka over Harden?

bobopenguin
02-21-2020, 12:54 PM
How on earth does 2nd year Luka compare to prime Harden?

I'd obviously take Luka for the long term (given the age difference and control due to contracts) but if Luka and Harden were the same age and in the same draft class what possible argument could there be that you'd take Luka over Harden?

? Luka entered draft as euro champ and MVP.
stop smoking weed for a second.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/g-rZx8Ww_pM/maxresdefault.jpg

ronniec
02-21-2020, 12:58 PM
People talk about prime Harden...
yeah, prime Harden, plain ball-hog, shit in the playoff... he could score 60 and still lose the game.

Luka, only 20, at least he shows us he is a more complete player and all round than Harden.

You can get your Harden, but I want team play and a team player, a player that has a higher potential. Luka for me anytime.

FireDavidKahn
02-21-2020, 01:36 PM
? Luka entered draft as euro champ and MVP.
stop smoking weed for a second.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/g-rZx8Ww_pM/maxresdefault.jpg

And Harden was the NBA MVP.

I don't think you are understanding the point of this thread.

If both were the same age and in the same draft class and we knew what they've done in the NBA so far...

If we are talking who you would take now then no question it'd be Luka but in this hypothetical it's kinda ridicoulus to take a 2nd year player over an NBA MVP.

sd3035
02-21-2020, 02:19 PM
It's impossible to know what will happen with Luka, he's still only 20

Barring injury I'd take Luka every time though

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 02:22 PM
Playoffs is a different animal. Luka flourishes in the less physical, fast pace regular season but how will he handle more physical, slowed down playoffs? I dont know why people think hes gonna dominate come playoff time. His game dosnt suit playoff ball any better than hardens does. Luka dosnt shoot the three as good as harden. He dosnt have much of midrange game and he has a relatively slow first step so getting to the rim against defenders who are allowed to be more physical will be tough. He'll most likely end up shying away from the physical defence and end up shooting a shit ton of step back threes. Do you guys really think someone who shoots 32% from three in the easier regular season is gonna dominate in the playoffs by shooting a bunch of step back threes?

ronniec
02-21-2020, 03:10 PM
Whoever utilize his teammates more and maximize the team's and players' potential has a higher chance to win.

You think Harden's selfish shoot-at-will style will flourish more than Luka's all round style?

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 03:29 PM
Whoever utilize his teammates more and maximize the team's and players' potential has a higher chance to win.

You think Harden's selfish shoot-at-will style will flourish more than Luka's all round style?

Dude they have the same style of play except harden does it a little better. Luka only has one more assist per game than harden and he almost shoots as many shots per game. They're both trash defenders who shoot a ton of step back threes. Difference is harden is better at getting to the rim because he has a much faster first step.

Harden usually gets a bit worse come playoff time because of his style of play. I can see luka getting worse also. He'll still be very good but i could see him dropping down to 25 a game on worse efficiency.

r0drig0lac
02-21-2020, 04:12 PM
Harden or white Harden? whatever

red1
02-21-2020, 04:12 PM
nah.

ronniec
02-21-2020, 04:27 PM
Dude they have the same style of play except harden does it a little better. Luka only has one more assist per game than harden and he almost shoots as many shots per game. They're both trash defenders who shoot a ton of step back threes. Difference is harden is better at getting to the rim because he has a much faster first step.

Harden usually gets a bit worse come playoff time because of his style of play. I can see luka getting worse also. He'll still be very good but i could see him dropping down to 25 a game on worse efficiency.
Same style of play??
When Luka jacking up the number of shots like Harden, then talk.

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 05:42 PM
Same style of play??
When Luka jacking up the number of shots like Harden, then talk.

When? Hes already pretty close. Harden dosnt even shoot 3 more shots a game than luka and luka pretty much shoots as many threes as harden even though hes a mediocre 3 point shooter.

And no they don't play exactly alike but there's alot of similarities. They're both 3 point chuckers that shoot alot of step back threes. They both dont utilizes the post or mid range very much. Its either a three or all the way to the rim. They're both bad defenders.

Like i said similar.

Kblaze8855
02-21-2020, 06:12 PM
Lol what?

Every word of that post before the last one led me to believe the last word would be different.

Tycriss
02-21-2020, 06:39 PM
Luka all day !

HylianNightmare
02-21-2020, 06:55 PM
The one that doesn't shit the bed after Durant went down

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 06:57 PM
I find it interesting that so many people are saying luka and i actually like luka way more than harden. Harden definitely gets a little worse come playoff time but its not like hes trash or anything. We dont even know what luka will do come playoff time. Theres a very good chance that he'll struggle more than harden does. Hes as bad or worse defensively and he jacks just as many tough threes even though hes only mediocre from three. Also unlike harden he has mediocre first step so i dont see him being as successful driving to lane come playoff time.

So let me get this straight. You guys think that a guy who is a worse defender, shooter and driver is gonna have more success in the postseason? I just dont see it.

ronniec
02-21-2020, 07:00 PM
When? Hes already pretty close. Harden dosnt even shoot 3 more shots a game than luka and luka pretty much shoots as many threes as harden even though hes a mediocre 3 point shooter.

And no they don't play exactly alike but there's alot of similarities. They're both 3 point chuckers that shoot alot of step back threes. They both dont utilizes the post or mid range very much. Its either a three or all the way to the rim. They're both bad defenders.

Like i said similar.

Yeah, similarities..
Harden - 35.2 points, 6.5 rebounds, 7.4 assists per game, 29.21 per
Doncic - 28.9 points, 9.5 rebounds, 8.7 assists per game, 29.22 per

Differences...
Harden - 1921 minutes, 1199 FGA, .436 FG%, 666 3-pt attempts, made 237, 627 FT attempt made 546, 335 total rebounds, 384 total assists, 227 TO, 86 steals, 51 blocks
Doncic - 1410 minutes, 879 FGA, .466 FG%, 394 3-pt attempts, made 128, 387 FT attempt made 298, 410 total rebounds, 374 total assists, 177 TO, 45 steals, 7 blocks

Luka did not jack up that many 3s and FG as you suggested.

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 09:58 PM
What are talking about? Your using totals. Harden played 10 more games. Per game is way more accurate and luka shoots 20.4 shots a game. Harden shoots 23. As i said not even 3 more a game.

And luka shoots 9 3's a game and harden shoots 10. And thats with harden playing like 4 or 5 min a game so really as far as min go they pretty much shoot the same amount of shots.

Do u guys even watch luka. He jacks step back threes with the best of them.

90sgoat
02-21-2020, 10:02 PM
Luka is crazy good.

He already has adjusted to be less ballhog and pass the ball more.

His stepback is quicker and smoother now than in the season opening.

He is an all star and MVP candidate in his SECOND year.

It's insane.

AirBonner
02-21-2020, 10:05 PM
Luka is crazy good.

It's insane.
He’s better than 2nd year MJ

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 10:26 PM
Luka is crazy good.

It's insane.

So many exaggerations.

In the last 10 games He's shot the ball and passed the ball pretty much the exact same amount he has all year. His averages are pretty much the same.

His step back is still slow but its always been smooth. Its still inconsistent though and hes still a mediocre three point shooter.

Yes hes obvious an all star but hes not a mvp candidate. Not a serious one anyway.

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 10:36 PM
No hes not. Second year mj was pretty much hurt all season but he put up record numbers in a loss to a goat team in the playoffs. Second year mj was better on both ends. He was a little better offensively but way better defensively.

tontoz
02-21-2020, 10:48 PM
What are talking about? Your using totals. Harden played 10 more games. Per game is way more accurate and luka shoots 20.4 shots a game. Harden shoots 23. As i said not even 3 more a game.

And luka shoots 9 3's a game and harden shoots 10. And thats with harden playing like 4 or 5 min a game so really as far as min go they pretty much shoot the same amount of shots.

I agree that Luka shoots too many 3s but Harden is taking 13 per game. You must have looked at his 2 pt attempts.

Bronbron23
02-21-2020, 11:10 PM
I agree that Luka shoots too many 3s but Harden is taking 13 per game. You must have looked at his 2 pt attempts.

Maybe yeah but he still shoots alot for someone who isnt a great three point shooter. I dont even think its that he cant shoot threes its just that he takes alot of step back threes which isnt a great shot.

And hes still only shooting 2.5 shots a game less than harden in 4 min less a game so hes basically shooting the ball as much as harden is.

And im not advocating for harden btw. I like luka way more than harden. I just think they have alot of similarities and i dont know how anyone can say hes better than harden. Not yet anyway.

The Iron Fist
02-21-2020, 11:47 PM

Harden shoots 13 3s a game.

Whoah10115
02-22-2020, 12:07 AM
It's very simple: who would you take at 19 in a draft?

I've always liked Harden, but half of his Houston career has been him playing unwatchable basketball, and that unwatchable play leaves his teams wanting. It's not really all on him, but the enabling of this approach. Tho obviously he should do much better.

That said, Luka looks like the best 2nd year perimeter player since Bird and Magic...and that's insane.

Whoah10115
02-22-2020, 12:26 AM
Well Jordan actually came back in playoffs. So since him then.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-22-2020, 12:32 AM
Hardens better now but this may be the last year u can say that. Luka has outplayed him h2h multiple times now even clowning the Rockets in the clutch as a rook

I think Luka is already better offensively. Better shooter, better passer, not as reliant on spamming 3s and drawing FTs, actually has an in between game altho limited. He has counters in the mid-range and can post up. He's not as turnover prone either

Ironically Hardens edge this year clearly is on defense. James has actually played decent defense this Eason while Luka is still bad

KingMambaFan
02-22-2020, 02:44 AM
Without the injuries or weird shit that can happen, Luka all day

Manny98
04-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Right now yes

Luka is still too young and inexperienced to consider taking him over top tier players like Harden

He still has yet to play a single career postseason game ffs:oldlol:

Turbo Slayer
04-23-2020, 12:02 PM
Harden right now.

r0drig0lac
04-23-2020, 12:31 PM
is this a joke? We’ve seen harden a multitude of times shit the bed in the playoffs. When the rockets were up 3-1 over the warriors it was because of chris paul and not james harden who was basically doing his very best to shoot them out of their 2nd and 3rd wins with his dribble dribble step back 3pt attempt bullshit. Paul was the one making all the big plays and shots in the 4th quarter of those wins.

You obviously take luka over harden if you are drafting right now. luka is already near a prime harden while only being 20 yrs old and in his second season.

hahahahahahahahaha

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-23-2020, 12:38 PM
Luka slightly above Harden due to the fact that he isn't constantly relying on the refs to get his points.Both are trash on the defensive end tho.

Bronbron23
04-23-2020, 12:48 PM
Lol what?

Pretty much this and i like luka and cant stand hardens game. We have no idea how luka will be able to handle the post season and we know harden is pretty good. Plus To many things can happen. Luka could get an injury that impacts his play like grant hill or penny. You never know. Ill take the forsure thing here.

bizil
04-23-2020, 05:06 PM
Right now Harden due to longevity. Only Luka's 2nd year. Haven't seen Luka in the playoffs. BUT I'm thinking Luka is MORE ALONG the lines of a Bron and Big O in how he sees the game. Dominant scorers who average 27-30 PPG, large physical PG's, and pass first savants in one package. Or u could say he's like the 6'7 guard version of Bird. Larry wasn't really pass first or score first. But he was epic at both from the SF-PF spots. He was THAT SICK and fundamentally sound!! But if Bird was a couple inches shorter and played the PG flat out, I think he would be pass first. And look similar to what Luka does but more efficient shooting the rock.

In any event, this type of player is superior to a great player himself in Harden. Harden has the same type of ability in many ways. Is superior in some elements of course. And I put him on the same level of player. BUT dominant scorers would RATHER play with Luka than Harden. Passing savant, triple double threat, and PG-SG-SF versatilty, and great scoring in one package is only stuff that Magic, Bron, Oscar, etc. type guys do. Luka is the next one in line for that type of player! So I think down the road, I would take Luka. Harden has peaked already. And Luka ALREADY is a top 10 player in the world. Even if he doesn't get much better than he is now, we are looking at a perennial top 10 player in the league going forward. BUT if he does take a clear step up in his game, we are talking about a top 3-5 player in the world!

SATAN
04-23-2020, 08:28 PM
I'd take Luka. We all know any team with James Harden is cursed...Destined to stay WCF tier at best while he remains there. Luka will improve his 3 point shot ect with time I think.