PDA

View Full Version : These Bucks defy normal Best Team in the NBA convention

insidehoops
02-20-2020, 09:43 PM
The NBA fan world isn't used to a team being as good at the Bucks having the team's 2nd-4th best players not being as nearly famous as that of other top teams.

Khris Middleton is an excellent player, but tons of fans wouldn't recognize him in a mall or on the street.

It's kind of a new thing.

3ball
02-21-2020, 02:12 AM
didn't kawhi win last year with a non-star #2 option?

and no one knew who pippen was in 1990 or 1991 leading up to the Bulls' first Finals

so it isn't new

and I promise that if the bucks win this year (they won't), the winning spotlight will inflate Middletown to HOF status - he won't go unrecognized anymore if they win - I'm sure pippen's life changed after those 91' Finals

Phenith
02-21-2020, 09:52 AM
didn't kawhi win last year with a non-star #2 option?

and no one knew who pippen was in 1990 or 1991 leading up to the Bulls' first Finals

so it isn't new

and I promise that if the bucks win this year (they won't), the winning spotlight will inflate Middletown to HOF status - he won't go unrecognized anymore if they win - I'm sure pippen's life changed after those 91' Finals

How do you define a star? Lowry is a 6 time all-star, much more recognizable name than Middleton and will almost assuredly be in the BBall Hall of Fame, saying he's not a star is a pretty big diss IMO.

Wally450
02-21-2020, 10:59 AM
Who let 3ball out?

superduper
02-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Their #1 option and superstar shrinks in the moments with the brightest lights and highest pressure due to the limitations of his offensive game. You can only get so far on athletic ability with minimal basketball skill.

Nothing new to be seen here.

AirBonner
02-21-2020, 12:20 PM
Bucks win with a deep rotation. Which will be exploited once rotations tighten up in the playoffs

FireDavidKahn
02-21-2020, 12:46 PM
How do you define a star? Lowry is a 6 time all-star, much more recognizable name than Middleton and will almost assuredly be in the BBall Hall of Fame, saying he's not a star is a pretty big diss IMO.

People on this forum only measure how good a team is by big names.

The Raptors won 59 games the year before Kawhi came and swapped out Derozan, Jakop and Valančiūnas for Kawhi, Green and Gasol plus a meteoric rise from Siakim. And they also had one of the best coaches in the league.

That team was stacked.

insidehoops
02-21-2020, 11:31 PM
Incredibly underrated, when discussing teams like the Raptors: team chemistry, and how players fit together

3ball
02-22-2020, 01:06 AM
Incredibly underrated, when discussing teams like the Raptors: team chemistry, and how players fit together
So if the raptors are still winning via chemistry and solid brand of ball, does that mean teams who fall off a lot without a star player didn't have good chemistry and brand?

Unfortunately, the Bucks play a basic brand that will get beat on the championship level - they infact lack the best brand and the talent of the Clippers or Lakers

The reality is that Giannis plays the same brand as Lebron, except his time of possession is 3 minutes less because he doesn't bring the ball up as much or run as many dribble-intensive screen-roll action

But it's the same general concept as bron (1 dribbler, 4 shooters) that usually loses.

sd3035
02-22-2020, 01:27 AM
The NBA fan world isn't used to a team being as good at the Bucks having the team's 2nd-4th best players not being as nearly famous as that of other top teams.

Khris Middleton is an excellent player, but tons of fans wouldn't recognize him in a mall or on the street.

It's kind of a new thing.

That's actually a good point

I just looked up the roster. I only knew Giannis and Middelton played for them, and I wouldn't recognize Middleton

The only other guy I'd recognize is Lopez because he's weird looking