PDA

View Full Version : How many chips would a 20yr old Luka have won playing with Wade and Bosh?

East River Livn'
12-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Let's say between 2011-2014

Pretty certain it would be a 4Peat.

What do you think?

superduper
12-12-2019, 10:34 PM
How shook are they to answer this :oldlol:

ClipperRevival
12-12-2019, 11:39 PM
Luka is great for sure, he has off the charts skills, feel for the game, etc. Not to mention, supreme confidence, which is so important in bball. But he has a modern skill set and I don't say that in a complimentary way. He either shoots the 3 or wants to get to the rack. He has no mid-range game.

Playoff ball is different. The pace slows down. More physicality is allowed. So it's much harder to get to the rack. And with a slower pace, the 3's aren't in rhythm as much. So you see what the Rockets did a few years ago when they missed like 27 in a row.

So many times, all you really have is the mid-range. If you got that down, that is consistent, buckets. Like Kawhi has done. If you don't have that, you see what Giannis, Harden, etc have done. They have no midrange game to rely on and their offenses goes for long stretches struggling to score.

I'm just saying.

Marchesk
12-12-2019, 11:42 PM
Yeah, how about we see the Mavs win a playoff series before crowning Luka.

SouBeachTalents
12-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Yeah, how about we see the Mavs win a playoff series before crowning Luka.
Let's see him play a playoff game before giving him a 4peat :oldlol:

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 12:00 AM
Luka is great for sure, he has off the charts skills, feel for the game, etc. Not to mention, supreme confidence, which is so important in bball. But he has a modern skill set and I don't say that in a complimentary way. He either shoots the 3 or wants to get to the rack. He has no mid-range game.

Playoff ball is different. The pace slows down. More physicality is allowed. So it's much harder to get to the rack. And with a slower pace, the 3's aren't in rhythm as much. So you see what the Rockets did a few years ago when they missed like 27 in a row.

So many times, all you really have is the mid-range. If you got that down, that is consistent, buckets. Like Kawhi has done. If you don't have that, you see what Giannis, Harden, etc have done. They have no midrange game to rely on and their offenses goes for long stretches struggling to score.

I'm just saying.

this is the equivalent of nfl fans saying you need to run the ball 60% of the time to win. I just dont think it definitively true anymore. everyone points to the rockets, how about them taking a team that had the best midrange shooter in the league and a obvious talent edge to 7 games?

Harden and Luka especially dont take that many 3's in rhythm. The majority of their 3's are stepbacks 4-6 feet away from the closest defender(why luka's 3pt percentage is unimpressive).

Yes the variance can suck but it applies plenty to midrange shots too to a decent extent. Kawhi happened to have an all time great shooting run shooting over 45% from midrange I believe but it might not happen these playoffs. If it was really so reliable, why is derozan so awful in the playoffs?

FKAri
12-13-2019, 12:05 AM
He'd go into chip debt. -2 or -3 at most.

ClipperRevival
12-13-2019, 12:08 AM
this is the equivalent of nfl fans saying you need to run the ball 60% of the time to win. I just dont think it definitively true anymore. everyone points to the rockets, how about them taking a team that had the best midrange shooter in the league and a obvious talent edge to 7 games?

Harden and Luka especially dont take that many 3's in rhythm. The majority of their 3's are stepbacks 4-6 feet away from the closest defender(why luka's 3pt percentage is unimpressive).

Yes the variance can suck but it applies plenty to midrange shots too to a decent extent. Kawhi happened to have an all time great shooting run shooting over 45% from midrange I believe but it might not happen these playoffs. If it was really so reliable, why is derozan so awful in the playoffs?

Running the ball is a scheme and a choice. Shooting the mid-range in certain playoff possessions is literally a must. You literally have nothing else. That's the shot that is always there. That's my point. And if you MASTER that shot, you REALLY have a weapon.

Just look at some of the guys who won chips with that as a huge weapon: MJ, Kobe, KD, Kawhi, Bird. That's 18 rings in the last 38 years! It's a super reliable weapon when the 3 isn't falling and you can't get to the rack.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 12:16 AM
Running the ball is a scheme and a choice. Shooting the mid-range in certain playoff possessions is literally a must. You literally have nothing else. That's the shot that is always there. That's my point. And if you MASTER that shot, you REALLY have a weapon.

Just look at some of the guys who won chips with that as a huge weapon: MJ, Kobe, KD, Kawhi, Bird. That's 18 rings in the last 38 years! It's a super reliable weapon when the 3 isn't falling and you can't get to the rack.

i disagree. posting up can be quite a bit more reliable. the midrange is still a jumpshot and subject to variance especially beyond the floater range. Again I'll go back to harden, he's gotten off more than 10 3's a game in the playoffs the past 3 years. The shot is always going be there for him.

The rings is absolutely true. I bet you go back 30 years of sb champs however, you'll find half of them ran more than any team does right now in the nfl too however. Ofc a lot of other context like team strength and just happening to play well goes into it too.

It's a nice weapon too have but there's a reason superstars are moving away from it. luka has no problem taking stepbacks from 27 feet, you really think he couldnt from 18 if he wanted too? His shot chart is that way on purpose

DocSlam
12-13-2019, 12:19 AM
Ironically, Luka would have lost to Dirk and the Mavericks.

ClipperRevival
12-13-2019, 12:21 AM
i disagree. posting up can be quite a bit more reliable. the midrange is still a jumpshot and subject to variance especially beyond the floater range. Again I'll go back to harden, he's gotten off more than 10 3's a game in the playoffs the past 3 years. The shot is always going be there for him.

The rings is absolutely true. I bet you go back 30 years of sb champs however, you'll find half of them ran more than any team does right now in the nfl too however. Ofc a lot of other context like team strength and just happening to play well goes into it too.

It's a nice weapon too have but there's a reason superstars are moving away from it. luka has no problem taking stepbacks from 27 feet, you really think he couldnt from 18 if he wanted too? His shot chart is that way on purpose

Agree to disagree.

Just to close, the mid-range isn't just 1 shot. There are varieties of it. Super effective is from the triple threat, 1 dribble pull up jumpers either way. That is a quick, explosive move that is almost impossible to defend. You can also just jab step and pull up. You can also shoot it off a live dribble. There is also the turn around. There is the step back. Also the catch and shoot off ball. That's like 6 varieties. If you master these moves, it's a weapon. That's my point.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 12:27 AM
Agree to disagree.

Just to close, the mid-range isn't just 1 shot. There are varieties of it. Super effective is from the triple threat, 1 dribble pull up jumpers either way. That is a quick, explosive move that is almost impossible to defend. You can also just jab step and pull up. You can also shoot it off a live dribble. There is also the turn around. There is the step back. That's like 5 varieties. If you master these moves, it's a weapon. That's my point.

yea well most guys play as ball handlers now. some wings play from the triple threat but it's mostly bigs. Pnr offense is king, kicking out to role player shooters can just be so effective even more so than the best isolation/postup offense.

This is why while a lot of people were criticizing giannis' shooting myself included, i later thought he should've considered improving his passing over the offseason. he worked on his jumpshot however

Marchesk
12-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Ironically, Luka would have lost to Dirk and the Mavericks.

I don't think they beat the Rose-led Bulls that year. Lebron was a monster in that very defensive series, and played really good defense.

Which is why that finals performance was so baffling.

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2019, 12:34 AM
I don't think they beat the Rose-led Bulls that year. Lebron was a monster in that very defensive series, and played really good defense.

Which is why that finals performance was so baffling.
The most baffling thing to me was LeBron was legitimately a clutch AF, cold blooded closer against the Celtics & Bulls leading up that series. Literally nobody remembers it because it got completely overshadowed by his Finals performance, but he was closing games and hitting huge buckets on a near nightly basis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDjYYO-rAw

So he goes from that to the dude who could barely score a bucket in the 4th against Dallas one series later? Shit makes absolutely no sense :oldlol:

FKAri
12-13-2019, 12:37 AM

What makes the mid-range special is there are no easy defensive options to explode the play to get the ball out of the star's hands.

Long range shots usually involve some kind of pick and roll where the defense can ice/hard show into into a double team: force ball out of the star's hands.

If you manage to get in the paint, same thing, the big abandons his man: force ball out of star's hands.

Now in both these scenarios you're getting easy shots for teammates but as is often the case in the playoffs, the defense is well coordinated enough that second or 3rd help defenders can rotate and bottle up the role player from actually finishing the "easy shot".

And post-play is garbage in today's league if you just look at the defensive rules. But mid-range where you start at the top with single coverage (zone or man-man) and make a quick move where one explodes into space and elevate right before the help can reach you at least guarantees your star an available shot.

stalkerforlife
12-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Current Luka would win at least 3 of 4.

Another 40 point triple double tonight.

Bronbron23
12-13-2019, 12:46 AM
Let's say between 2011-2014

Pretty certain it would be a 4Peat.

What do you think?
None. I love how everyone on this forum just totally ignores defence. Bron at that time was one of the best defenders in the game while luka right now is one of the worst

ImKobe
12-13-2019, 01:06 AM
None. I love how everyone on this forum just totally ignores defence. Bron at that time was one of the best defenders in the game while luka right now is one of the worst

Doesn't matter because Miami had other elite defenders. They'd be better offensively with Luka because he can actually shoot and is a better playmaker than Lebron, so he would find more open looks for Bosh and Wade inside and he would kill teams from the 3-point line. I'll take slightly worse on D with a much better offense. Current Mavericks might end up with the #1 ORTG all-time, that's Luka with a hobbled KP.

MrFonzworth
12-13-2019, 01:21 AM
Absolutely. Luka will go down as the goat.

Uncle Drew
12-13-2019, 01:40 AM
He would 15 peat.

Gil Renard
12-13-2019, 01:47 AM
A better question is how many chips does Luka win with prime Shaq? I

Duncan21formvp
12-13-2019, 02:12 AM
4 Peat. Lebron only was able to win because he joined forces with a proven champion as the man.

kentatm
12-13-2019, 03:01 AM
He either shoots the 3 or wants to get to the rack. He has no mid-range game.

:biggums:

Bruh, he has a really effective floater that he shoots from mid range and has been nailing turn around fades all year long.

AirFederer
12-13-2019, 03:04 AM
Not 1
Not 2
Not 3
Not 4
Not 5
Not 6
Not 7

I

East River Livn'
12-13-2019, 03:56 AM
:biggums:

Bruh, he has a really effective floater that he shoots from mid range and has been nailing turn around fades all year long.

I'm calling a timeout.

I've always wondered. Is your avatar Keith Van Horn?

kentatm
12-13-2019, 04:22 AM
I'm calling a timeout.

I've always wondered. Is your avatar Keith Van Horn?

:applause:

Yes. I got it off a now defunct site called JoeNetsFan.com when Van Horn joined the Mavs. I lived in CT in the late 90s so I saw a lot of Nets games. KVH was my favorite non Mavs player to watch back then.

chains5000
12-13-2019, 04:43 AM
Would chemistry have been the same? Lebron and Wade are friends, which made them sharing the ball/spotlight easier.

brutalBBQ
12-13-2019, 07:18 AM
3/13?
3 chips from 13 playoff runs, well that's LeBrons stats and he's what, season 17?
or 6/13?
Then there's this guy called Jordan, he has 6 chips from 13 playoff runs and 15 seasons.

A person at the age of 20 would only win one chip unless they could go back in time and win the same chip again multiple times. SO 20 year old Luka would win 1 chip, but then at 21 probably another, at 22 another one, assuming the question is with prime Wade and Bosh. He wouldn't turn Bosh into what Lebron did either. It would be fun to watch, especially if Luka started his career at Miami.

Lebron23
12-13-2019, 07:20 AM
3/13?
3 chips from 13 playoff runs, well that's LeBrons stats and he's what, season 17?
or 6/13?
Then there's this guy called Jordan, he has 6 chips from 13 playoff runs and 15 seasons.

A person at the age of 20 would only win one chip unless they could go back in time and win the same chip again multiple times. SO 20 year old Luka would win 1 chip, but then at 22 probably another, at 23 another one, assuming the question is with prime Wade and Bosh. He wouldn't turn Bosh into what Lebron did either. It would be fun to watch, especially if Luka started his career at Miami.
Are you an imbecile? The guy haven't play a single game in the playoffs. Guys like you make this forum a cesspool, and the laughing stock of the internet. He won't be averaging 30 ppg i can guarantee it.

Gileraracer
12-13-2019, 07:46 AM
Its save to say that he would not get boddied by Jason 'the beast' Terry or JJ 'the slaughter' Barea and therefore 2011 would be an easy ring

East River Livn'
12-14-2019, 01:47 AM
:applause:

Yes. I got it off a now defunct site called JoeNetsFan.com when Van Horn joined the Mavs. I lived in CT in the late 90s so I saw a lot of Nets games. KVH was my favorite non Mavs player to watch back then.

Ok but that doesn't explain why he is holding a flower? :oldlol:

Was the person who made that avy gay for him?