PDA

View Full Version : What

RRR3
12-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Mike Conley: 13.9 PPG on .369/.374/.795 shooting (49.5 TS%)

Marc Gasol: 6.1 PPG on .322/.371/.810 shooting (45.6 TS%)

Doranku
12-03-2019, 02:05 PM
They're 32 and 34 years old.

superduper
12-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Marc every single game honestly looks more shook than 2011 Bran out there. Good thing he provides other aspects of value.

It honestly really skeeves me when casual fans here SHIT on Gasol (because of his obvious offensive shookness), they can't see the other impact he provides. Just really gets under my skin for some reason but yeah dude can absolutely be better on offense. He's lucky we've never needed him to take over a game in that regard but he's past his age too now so you can't really blame the dude.

RRR3
12-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Pretty massive drop off for both of them in just one year though. Marc Gasol is legit arguably the worst scorer in the league rn. Dude is shooting 26.8% on 2 pointers! That’s pretty inexplicable considering he was still capable of scoring double digits on decent efficiency last year

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Conley is coming off one of his best years. Gasol had a dropoff already. Conley is adjusting to a new role. He'll get better

sammichoffate
12-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Gasol is lesser Al Horford at this point, not like they need his scoring w/ Siakam becoming a Superstar anyways. He does everything they want: Provides great spacing, defense, and keeping the offense moving with good screens and passing.

Conley is adjusting to Utah, he'll be fine. He's played w/ Gasol for most of his career so moving to Gobert will take some time to get used to since he doesn't pass or shoot.

RRR3
12-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Gasol is lesser Al Horford at this point, not like they need his scoring w/ Siakam becoming a Superstar anyways. He does everything they want: Provides great spacing, defense, and keeping the offense moving with good screens and passing.
That’s all well and good but he should at least be decently efficient considering how little he shoots. He’s been absolutely inept.

ThiccBoi
12-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Gasol keeps doing this stupid ass right shoulder fade-away brick from the post. He just needs to drop step into the defender and go up strong towards the rim for layups.

sammichoffate
12-03-2019, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]That

BigShotBob
12-03-2019, 03:12 PM
He held Embiid scoreless

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2019, 03:28 PM
I'd think Toronto would be shopping Gasol and maybe Ibaka and Lowry too although they are still playing at a high level

sammichoffate
12-03-2019, 03:32 PM
I'd think Toronto would be shopping Gasol and maybe Ibaka and Lowry too although they are still playing at a high levelI see them going the Boston route and holding on to assets for a trade while making deep PO runs. They could always just resign all three at a discount, none of them are gonna cost that much in free agency.

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2019, 03:40 PM
I see them going the Boston route and holding on to assets for a trade while making deep PO runs. They could always just resign all three at a discount, none of them are gonna cost that much in free agency.

I'd at least be shopping them and seeing what's out there for them. The fact that they already have Lowry's replacement balling especially

sammichoffate
12-03-2019, 04:05 PM
I'd at least be shopping them and seeing what's out there for them. The fact that they already have Lowry's replacement balling especiallyI mean they'll get you some 2nd round picks, Lowry maybe a 1st and a decent role player package so it's not much. Raptors would prefer to trade Lowry to a PO team, I can't think of anyone except maybe Dallas but I doubt they would get anything. I see them moving FVV to point and Lowry moving to the bench tbh.

RRR3
12-03-2019, 04:07 PM
I mean they'll get you some 2nd round picks, Lowry maybe a 1st and a decent role player package so it's not much. Raptors would prefer to trade Lowry to a PO team, I can't think of anyone except maybe Dallas but I doubt they would get anything. I see them moving FVV to point and Lowry moving to the bench tbh.
Lowry is way better than FVV, why would they do that?

red1
12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
gasol is done offensively. he's got nothing left.

he's still a beast on defense.

sammichoffate
12-03-2019, 04:13 PM
Lowry is way better than FVV, why would they do that?He's 33, they'll do it when he starts showing signs of slowing down in a few years if he signs a long-term deal.

ArbitraryWater
12-03-2019, 04:57 PM
He's attempting 6 shots a game atm, it's not a huge sample size so percentages are misleading in this case. As long as he keeps his 3pt% up, it really doesn't matter since they have other options on offense like FVV and Siakam.

Its not misleading at all.

Its been around 20 games and is right in line with the continued decline of last year when he came to Toronto, only he's hit rock bottom.

Its weird.

sammichoffate
12-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Its not misleading at all.

Its been around 20 games and is right in line with the continued decline of last year when he came to Toronto, only he's hit rock bottom.

Its weird.He should be averaging like 15/8 but he's really old at this point at age 35 so a huge drop off isn't out of the ordinary. I said it didn't matter because Raptors are 6th in offensive rtg and 3rd in defensive rtg atm while being 2nd in the conference behind the Bucks. His impact isn't boxscore related for the reasons I said earlier, still a really smart player who does the little things that win games.

Manny98
12-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Snyder has the worst offensive system in the league, any point guard would struggle in that garbage system

Gasol is old but at least his defense has been great this year

Xiao Yao You
12-03-2019, 08:24 PM
Snyder has the worst offensive system in the league, any point guard would struggle in that garbage system

Gasol is old but at least his defense has been great this year

George hill was great in it. Even Mack had his moments