PDA

View Full Version : Luka Doncic is whats everything wrong in this era of basketball

Nike D'Antoni
11-24-2019, 05:09 PM
No defence, no physicality, benefiting from the garbage defences of this era.
Put up inflated numbers

Bring back defences, physicality to NBA back ffs.

scuzzy
11-24-2019, 05:14 PM
You can always tell when a poster isn't from the US

Because here, we spell defense with an S

Only parts of the world where British English is used, is it spelled with a C

theballerFKA Ace
11-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Put up inflated numbers

This will affect Curry, Trigger Trae and Harden more than Luka who's built tougher. But will have some effect on players like Luka and Lebron.

NBAGOAT
11-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Goddamn, appreciate luka for being an unique star and wat he does well which is pretty much everything. Already one of the best passers in the league with one of the best stepbacks.

If you can

ImKobe
11-24-2019, 05:19 PM
So does Lebron and Harden..who cares. He was the best player in Europe where it's more physical and slower in pace.

zeerghit
11-24-2019, 05:21 PM
So does Lebron and Harden..who cares. He was the best player in Europe where it's more physical and slower in pace.
he wasnt

ImKobe
11-24-2019, 05:29 PM
he wasnt

How good has Real Madrid been since he left? did he not win RS MVP and Final Four MVP? Did he not help lead Slovenia to their first Eurobasket win?

egokiller
11-24-2019, 05:29 PM
Blame Silver for not having a proper rule set in this era of basketball. Until he pulls his head out of his ass, guys like Luka, Harden, Curry etc are going to keep doing their thing. It's a damn shame because we could be seeing a much more quality product.

Kblaze8855
11-24-2019, 05:31 PM
It

ImKobe
11-24-2019, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]It

Kblaze8855
11-24-2019, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Goddamn, appreciate luka for being an unique star and wat he does well which is pretty much everything. Already one of the best passers in the league with one of the best stepbacks.

If you can

Kblaze8855
11-24-2019, 05:38 PM
fixed

In a topic about Luka I reference him and you feel I should have instead involved Lebron?

Do you not have enough topics to do that already?

ImKobe
11-24-2019, 05:41 PM
On a topic about Luka I reference him and you feel I should have instead involved Lebron?

Do you not have enough topics to do that already?

I agree with your arguments, I'd just put Lebron in that convo in regards to stats, because stats are all we hear from his stans and media when comparing to past greats but we have to look at the whole picture. I agree that the numbers can be mis-leading but Luka is proving to be an elite player in two completely different basketball leagues. You can tell by the eye test that he's the real deal, he's a complete offensive player and a leader as well.

Andrei89
11-24-2019, 05:42 PM
80% of the threes he makes are heavily contested.

Watch the games smfh ISH only boxscore watchers

RRR3
11-24-2019, 05:45 PM
fixed
Obsessed.

IGOTGAME
11-24-2019, 05:45 PM
people just don't want to believe how good Luka is...regardless of era...Luka is one of the best 20 year olds ever. His skill level is absurd...he is a 3 level scorer with all time great vision.

Let's not forget that this kid was leading his Euroleague to title at 19, while receiving MVP.

DMAVS41
11-24-2019, 05:47 PM
Put up inflated numbers

You could say the same thing about all of the players post 04 as well.

Nash/Kobe/Wade/Lebron...etc...all had their numbers inflated as **** after the rules changes.

Context is always needed.

This is why we don't say a player is automatically something based on their ppg or raw stats.

This really needs to be explained?

zeerghit
How good has Real Madrid been since he left? did he not win RS MVP and Final Four MVP? Did he not help lead Slovenia to their first Eurobasket win?
well did u watch euroleague or u just going by stats?

FireDavidKahn
OP is an idiot that can't recognize actual skill.

ImKobe
11-24-2019, 05:50 PM
well did u watch euroleague or u just going by stats?

I've watched some games every now and then but you can't disagree with the fact that he won MVP and Final Four MVP.

90sgoat
11-24-2019, 05:54 PM
Honestly I think the game would be better if we got rid of stats all together.

zeerghit
11-24-2019, 06:00 PM
I've watched some games every now and then but you can't disagree with the fact that he won MVP and Final Four MVP.
so why u even trying to bash lebron if u go by titles? like wtf? u have some double standarts, but back to doncic he was great but not the best it was the hype.. thats why he took theese mvp's

RRR3
11-24-2019, 06:04 PM
so why u even trying to bash lebron if u go by titles? like wtf? u have some double standarts, but back to doncic he was great but not the best it was the hype.. thats why he took theese mvp's
He’s obsessed with LeBron because Bran surpassed his hero.

Celtics 1825
11-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Even the Walk On Water alt was more bearable than this one Jesus Christ

NBAGOAT
11-24-2019, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]The nba doesn

Manny98
11-24-2019, 06:17 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long till folks start hating on the Don :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
11-24-2019, 06:48 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long till folks start hating on the Don :oldlol:
????

They were hating on him ever since the "coming out party" when he won gold at Eurobasket 2017.

"White"
"Not athletic"
"Fat"
"Can't keep up with NBA athletes"
etc, etc

Even when he won MVP at 19 years old people still wrote him off. Meanwhile he is in the drivers seat to winning NBA MVP THIS SEASON:oldlol: :lol :roll:

Right now no one is playing better basketball in the world than DonThicc

DMAVS41
11-24-2019, 06:58 PM
20 years old and the kid is so ****ing good that people are complaining about basketball in general.

:confusedshrug:

Phoenix
11-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Dude is doing nearly a 30 point triple double, 63% TS, leading the league in WS, PER, VORP and WS/48. Whatever argument you want to go with....raw numbers, advanced stats, he's MVP so far.

sammichoffate
11-24-2019, 07:47 PM
OP with a shitty hot take, Luka about to win MVP over all these superstars.

Marchesk
11-24-2019, 07:49 PM
OP with a shitty hot take, Luka about to win MVP over all these superstars.

It's a long season. Bucks and Lakers look good for 60+ wins.

kentatm
11-24-2019, 07:53 PM
The nba doesn’t decide what basketball is. Them altering the rules for the stated purpose of opening it up and increasing scoring doesn’t make that the way basketball is to be played. Most basketball is not the nba. It’s the most popular but that doesn’t mean if they decide traveling literally doesn’t exist that people who still call it have a dated view.

It’s a league setting it’s rules to put out a product they think will be popular on tv.

They are not the deciders of what basketball actually is.

:roll:

Ok boomer. Did you cry out that this isn't basketball when the shot clock came about too? Do you pine for the days when you had to slap the ball down like Stanley from The Office to properly dribble? Were you :mad: when the popularity of the ABA led to dunks and the 3 point line being a thing? Your peach baskets and 4 corners offense ain't coming back.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-24-2019, 07:53 PM
The kid whose skilled and doesn't rely on athleticism or flopping?

He's whats wrong with basketball?

No. The NBA rules are what is "wrong" with basketball. Hating on Luka is ass backwards.

Replay32
11-24-2019, 08:01 PM
Nah. Luka is a baller. James Harden on the other hand...

Kblaze8855
11-24-2019, 08:22 PM
:roll:

Ok boomer. Did you cry out that this isn't basketball when the shot clock came about too? Do you pine for the days when you had to slap the ball down like Stanley from The Office to properly dribble? Were you :mad: when the popularity of the ABA led to dunks and the 3 point line being a thing? Your peach baskets and 4 corners offense ain't coming back.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

What are you talking about? Did I say it isn’t basketball?

The whole point is that nobody just decides what basketball is....including the nba.

BigShotBob
11-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Luka got the NAACP in SHACKLES :roll: :roll: :roll:

imdaman99
11-24-2019, 08:36 PM
Luka is great. It took Fiba Frank to lock his ass up and make him see ghosts.

RRR3
11-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Dude is doing nearly a 30 point triple double, 63% TS, leading the league in WS, PER, VORP and WS/48. Whatever argument you want to go with....raw numbers, advanced stats, he's MVP so far.
Hard to be MVP when your team is better when you

ralph_i_el
11-24-2019, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Hard to be MVP when your team is better when you

imdaman99
11-24-2019, 08:42 PM
Hard to be MVP when your team is better when you’re on the bench.
:kobe: where are the numbers to back this up?

DMAVS41
11-24-2019, 08:45 PM
:kobe: where are the numbers to back this up?

He's referring to the net rating of the Mavs with and without Luka on court.

With him so far...they are +6.8 points per 100.
Without him so far...they are +11.8 points per 100.

Doesn't matter...way too much noise in on/off with this small of a sample...especially with the kind of blowouts the Mavs have had.

People need to understand stats before they use them.

Usually you have a large enough sample for a full season, but even then there can be a lot of noise which is why RAPM and RPM are often used.

It also isn't even a knock on Luka...all it would show is that when he's off the court...the Mavs are performing really well. It isn't like you can't be the best player and also have a team capable of doing well without you.

As a Mavs fan, it is fantastic to see because with Dirk...the teams were routinely inept without him on the court.

Crazy stat...

From the 01 season through the 14 season...the Mavs without Dirk on the court only had one season in which they had a positive differential.

An amazing +.2 points in the 06 season.

So, if I can watch a team going forward that can actually perform without our guy on the court...seems like something I'm interested in.

Kblaze8855
11-24-2019, 08:50 PM
I really wish accurate plus/minus numbers existed for all history to see modern fans trying to pluck guys out of the HOF.

Spurs m8
11-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Hahaha op is a racist little b1tch

Luka is here for years to come and will have multiple mvps

Prepare for years of being triggered, this is only the beginning and you ain't felt nothing yet, you piece of shit

imdaman99
11-24-2019, 09:09 PM
He's referring to the net rating of the Mavs with and without Luka on court.

With him so far...they are +6.8 points per 100.
Without him so far...they are +11.8 points per 100.

Doesn't matter...way too much noise in on/off with this small of a sample...especially with the kind of blowouts the Mavs have had.

People need to understand stats before they use them.

Usually you have a large enough sample for a full season, but even then there can be a lot of noise which is why RAPM and RPM are often used.

It also isn't even a knock on Luka...all it would show is that when he's off the court...the Mavs are performing really well. It isn't like you can't be the best player and also have a team capable of doing well without you.

As a Mavs fan, it is fantastic to see because with Dirk...the teams were routinely inept without him on the court.

Crazy stat...

From the 01 season through the 14 season...the Mavs without Dirk on the court only had one season in which they had a positive differential.

An amazing +.2 points in the 06 season.

So, if I can watch a team going forward that can actually perform without our guy on the court...seems like something I'm interested in.
I actually find that respectable when teams are just as good or better with their best player off the court. It means he's busting their asses in practice. I consider that great leadership that he's allowing his teammates to get better and play better without him. About to start rooting for him now that I read that :rockon:

sammichoffate
11-24-2019, 09:11 PM
Luka about to send the NBA (National Black Association) to the back of the bus :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll::lol

Manny98
11-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Luka about to send the NBA (National Black Association) to the back of the bus :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Reported

egokiller
11-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Reported

Snitch

PP34Deuce
11-24-2019, 09:48 PM
Other than politics for teams..I dont get how people say lebron plays ball the wrong way...

Compared to the other guys hes much more balanced a throwback with new school flare.

He doesn't spam 3s
He still goes to the paint to score
When he moves off ball it's pretty cool
Transition enough said.

DMAVS41
11-24-2019, 09:53 PM
I actually find that respectable when teams are just as good or better with their best player off the court. It means he's busting their asses in practice. I consider that great leadership that he's allowing his teammates to get better and play better without him. About to start rooting for him now that I read that :rockon:

Well, it is all connected and it isn't as simple as a player makes no impact at all when he's off the court.

However, a lot of that is pure luck in terms of having a coach that can scheme in real-time and an organization that can get good enough players around the star.

So I agree it is connected to an extent, but most of that is outside the control of a single player.

Take the Rockets so far this year...yes, part of the issue will be Harden's style of play, but the truth is that they don't have the players around him in terms of depth to allow him to go to the bench and the team to still perform well. It just isn't happening with Gordon out and the complete lack of depth they have.

So I'd blame Harden maybe like 5 to 10 percent...but the rest is on circumstances outside of his control in my view. Hard to blame him that his team gets torched with a -9.2 points per 100 rating without him...while they have a +8.3 points per 100 rating with him.

As I said above...after watching team after team fall apart without Dirk on the court for his entire prime essentially...I more than welcome building a team that can, at the very least, keep pace without our guy off the floor.

NBAGOAT
11-24-2019, 09:58 PM

let's be honest you have a point but the real reason you have this view is to defend westbrook's play so far :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
11-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Other than politics for teams..I dont get how people say lebron plays ball the wrong way...

Compared to the other guys hes much more balanced a throwback with new school flare.

He doesn't spam 3s
He still goes to the paint to score
When he moves off ball it's pretty cool
Transition enough said.
It's fun to expose people who don't even watch him.

He is tied for 4th in the league with 9.1 3PA

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-24-2019, 10:05 PM

Nobody cares what you find respectable.

You're a Westbrook cheerleader. Qualities like leadership and respect are for people with self awareness. Not goofy fanboys.

warriorfan
11-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Nobody cares what you find respectable.

You're a Westbrook cheerleader. Qualities like leadership and respect are for people with self awareness. Not goofy fanboys.

Jesus. :lol

brutalBBQ
11-25-2019, 03:50 AM
You can always tell when a poster isn't from the US

Because here, we spell defense with an S

Only parts of the world where British English is used, is it spelled with a C

It's the English language though isn't it. Americans have their own nuances when it comes to spelling.

NBAGOAT
11-25-2019, 04:33 AM
It's fun to expose people who don't even watch him.

He is tied for 4th in the league with 9.1 3PA

Pretty obvious op was talking about lebron with the 3pa lol

Phoenix
11-25-2019, 04:53 AM
Hard to be MVP when your team is better when you’re on the bench.

The team being well-functioning and coached when hes off the floor doesnt detract from what he personally is doing. There are big name stars past and present who didnt perform at this level as this guy is now.....at 20. Yeah it's early on, but watching this guy it's not product of hype. Hes not manipulating the rules to stuff the stat sheet. Just going out there and busting asses with pure skill while having fairly rudimentary athleticism which some of the people around here say is a requirement in today's game. Luka flies right in the face of that, and I love it.

kNIOKAS
11-25-2019, 07:16 AM
Put up inflated numbers

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HardtofindConsiderateAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

Smoke117
11-25-2019, 10:05 AM
He's basically the white James Harden.

NBASTATMAN
11-25-2019, 10:54 AM
STOP HATING ON LUKA AND JUST APPRECIATE THE GREATNESS ... Lebron inspired this kid and LUKA may wind up being the GOAT ONE DAY.. :applause: :bowdown:

eliteballer
11-28-2019, 12:38 AM
:applause: