PDA

View Full Version : Dwight's journey is the thing I watch the NBA for

elementally morale
11-13-2019, 11:56 PM
I never liked Dwight Howard. I thought he was full of himself, fake and corny. I was not feeling sorry for him when he got into this or that kind of trouble. I really didn't think I'd see him change and grow up.

Yet he did. I don't know when... must have been pretty recently. Anyway, his change as a player and person is the kind of thing I follow the NBA for.

Do you guys have some experience like the one I was talking about?

(I had many many in the past... but I'm not telling you just yet.)

Proctor
11-13-2019, 11:58 PM
I never liked Dwight Howard. I thought he was full of himself, fake and corny. I was not feeling sorry for him when he got into this or that kind of trouble. I really didn't think I'd see him change and grow up.

Yet he did. I don't know when... must have been pretty recently. Anyway, his change as a player and person is the kind of thing I follow the NBA for.

Do you guys have some experience like the one I was talking about?

(I had many many in the past... but I'm not telling you just yet.)
https://media.tenor.com/images/7134f5b2b9347936126dd0d380234aca/tenor.gif

brooks_thompson
11-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Zach Randolph. Memphis essentially traded Pau Gasol for him (Kwame's expiring contract led to salary cap room which was used to absorb Z-Bo that summer). I was furious. I think most know what happened next; it was one of the most unexpected turnarounds and one of the best marriages between city and player you could ever ask for.

elementally morale
11-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Marc Gasol. At first I thought he was just a little brother fat bum. It was both surprising and great to watch him develop into a very good player.

Ben Wallace.

ROCSteady
11-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Def Shaun Livingston even though he was never a corny douche, just a survivor and Warrior.

Maybe Sasha The Machine because sometimes he looked D-League and other time he was a spark plug but it was fascinating how he actually had a role on a championship team.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Dwight; I hated the signing initially but he has been integral to the Lakers success so far. Good for him

red1
11-14-2019, 12:09 AM
gotta give him his props. I've always disliked dwight because he seems like an underachieving goof.

he's doing exactly what I hate on melo for not doing - coming off the bench and making a huge impact for a team.