PDA

View Full Version : Kings are 0-4. What's going on? They were supposed to be an 8th seed.

AirTupac
10-29-2019, 02:33 AM
Is it Luke?
Is it the players?

Andrei89
10-29-2019, 03:03 AM
Is it Luke?
Is it the players?

Buddy Hield is stinking it up and Bagley got injured.

But even healthy they would not make the playoffs in the West.

Also, they gave Hield a contract before the season began, not a good idea.

bobopenguin
10-29-2019, 04:11 AM
8th seed? who said? :biggums:

MoBe1Kanobi
10-29-2019, 04:45 AM
Well

The truth is this

Dedmon is absolutely garbage. He makes WCS look like Tim Duncan IQ wise.

Btw, I'm laughing at my fellow Kings fans because I always told them Willie was great for us and a great locker room presence. It's obvious we miss him.

Corey Joseph should be a serviceable 24 hour fitness point guard, not your first pick when there's D1 guys running games that morning but he'll do okay during those runs. I don't know how he made the NBA.

The contract is deserved for Buddy but the incentives are ****in with his head, which I told Kings fans would happen. He's supposed to shoot 40% and top 10 in league in 3pt% and make an all star game etc. Statistic based incentives are never good for shooters. You want shooters, and players, playing to win at all times. Zero percentages in mind. Guarantee you Buddy doesn't take a full court heave this year ala LeBron.

And ofc Bagleys injury.

coin24
10-29-2019, 04:51 AM
Losing big willie was huge, can't believe those idiots didn't pay him:lol
If you watched any kings games last season you'd know how important he was to them..
Signing Barnes was idiotic (career loser)
Bagley being out..

Just look at there roster, pretty damn average, and on top of that Luke is a shit coach

dbugz
10-29-2019, 06:46 AM
Coming from someone whose favorite players has 0-4 record is also one of the worst team in the west

:roll: :roll: :roll:

alenleomessi
10-29-2019, 07:50 AM
They need to run the offense through Bogdanovic and not those ballhogging low iq guards

90sgoat
10-29-2019, 08:07 AM
They need to run the offense through Bogdanovic and not those ballhogging low iq guards

Bogdan had a breakout FIBA tourney, outplaying Jokic.

If at that point, knowing what you know about Luka, you don't make Bogdan your main focus, then you deserve to lose.

AirTupac
10-29-2019, 08:44 AM
Most Kings fans are annoyed with Bogdan. He has times where he plays selfless high IQ bball and then goes 10 minutes playing like a complete ISO retard. Kings will have to pay this man too.

Also I didn't know about Bagley being out and Dedmon being a dud. I think this will end Luke's HC stint. He's an assistant atm.

Bosnian Sajo
10-29-2019, 09:16 AM

Are you kidding me? Bogdan is getting 10 shots per game and is shooting 27% from the field, the worst percentage on the team. That is the last thing the Kings should be doing, is running the offense through that loser.

On top of Bogdan's 27%, Fox is shooting 39% from the field and Hield 35%. Ariza is shooting 31% from the field, Bjelica 44% (not good for a big man). The only player having a decent season so far on the Kings is Harrison Barnes.

Their entire offense is a mess.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2019, 10:28 AM
When were they supposed to be an 8th seed?

Bosnian Sajo
10-29-2019, 10:30 AM
When were they supposed to be an 8th seed?

Are you kidding me? It was widely predicted they would make the playoffs this year, by most people.

AirTupac
10-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Are you kidding me? It was widely predicted they would make the playoffs this year, by most people.

Its true. Most people had Kings sneaking in at 8th but Dallas will be taking that.

bigkingsfan
10-29-2019, 10:44 AM
What? Type "nba playoff predictions" into google and see how many had the Kings.

Bosnian Sajo
10-29-2019, 10:58 AM
What? Type "nba playoff predictions" into google and see how many had the Kings.

That's wild, because I 100% remember reading plenty of articles predicting the Kings to be 8th seed.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

Although, there were plenty of people here that put Kings in the playoffs. So there is that.

AirTupac
10-29-2019, 11:08 AM
That's wild, because I 100% remember reading plenty of articles predicting the Kings to be 8th seed.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

Although, there were plenty of people here that put Kings in the playoffs. So there is that.

You're not wrong. Literally a bunch of people had Kings at 8th. Why are King fans backtracking, its not an insult or anything. Kings were competitive AF last season in a hard West. What were they? 10th seed? Fighting for 8th. Not absurd to think they could sneak in the 8th this year with some teams falling out etc.

Miles and Miles
10-29-2019, 11:37 AM
I don't know anyone that would say the Kings were going to be 8th other than Kings fans. Not sure how you put them above any of these: LAC, LAL, NO, DAL, GSW, UTA, HOU, DEN, POR and that's 9 already.

Watching the Kings I am thinking that it's either a system or a coaching problem that if affecting Buddy. This isn't a "Willie" problem, he didn't help them win games and currently isn't even playing for GS so not sure how that would help. We are down two bigs right now Bagley and Giles and they were both supposed to be big pieces of the puzzle. Half the guys playing right now are new to the team (Dedman, Ariza, Joseph, Holmes) combine that with a new coach and they have some work to do.

They looked a lot better last night. The first three games it didn't look like they were executing any type of offense and just rolling the ball out and their effort was low. Last night was a step in the right direction.

AirTupac
10-29-2019, 11:43 AM
I don't know anyone that would say the Kings were going to be 8th other than Kings fans. Not sure how you put them above any of these: LAC, LAL, NO, DAL, GSW, UTA, HOU, DEN, POR and that's 9 already.

Watching the Kings I am thinking that it's either a system or a coaching problem that if affecting Buddy. This isn't a "Willie" problem, he didn't help them win games and currently isn't even playing for GS so not sure how that would help. We are down two bigs right now Bagley and Giles and they were both supposed to be big pieces of the puzzle. Half the guys playing right now are new to the team (Dedman, Ariza, Joseph, Holmes) combine that with a new coach and they have some work to do.

They looked a lot better last night. The first three games it didn't look like they were executing any type of offense and just rolling the ball out and their effort was low. Last night was a step in the right direction.

Sorry for the bad news bro but Luke had no offensive system in place for his entire Lakers tenure here. Magic had that meeting late in the season yelling at Luke for his lack of an offensive scheme. Luke really was a terrible hire for the Kings. Like a poster previously said, those Buddy Heild insensitives might fk with his head.

superduper
10-29-2019, 11:52 AM
It's actually insane how Curry carried Luke to a 16-0 record and made the dude look like a competent coach.

Miles and Miles
10-29-2019, 11:58 AM
Sorry for the bad news bro but Luke had no offensive system in place for his entire Lakers tenure here. Magic had that meeting late in the season yelling at Luke for his lack of an offensive scheme. Luke really was a terrible hire for the Kings. Like a poster previously said, those Buddy Heild insensitives might fk with his head.

Oh I know he was a bad hire. I'm trying to be a good fan and back our coach (for now).

AirTupac
10-29-2019, 12:19 PM
Oh I know he was a bad hire. I'm trying to be a good fan and back our coach (for now).

I did the same thing bro. But man his rotations are the worst and he can't even do in game adjustments. Takes him a while to realize the most obvious lineup.

Miles and Miles
10-29-2019, 03:50 PM
I did the same thing bro. But man his rotations are the worst and he can't even do in game adjustments. Takes him a while to realize the most obvious lineup.

First three games they were just playing pickup. Dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot. Fourth game the players figured out they had to come up with their own plays I think.

DoctorP
10-29-2019, 03:51 PM
I put the Kings down for the playoffs but I havent watched a game of theirs this year nor did I like any of their offseason moves..

i just figured their young core was enough.

Bronbron23
10-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Is it Luke?
Is it the players?
Who in the hell thought they'd be 8th?

atljonesbro
10-29-2019, 04:33 PM
And they just paid Buddy a fortune lol. Anyone can tell you that a contender won’t have a team with Buddy Heild making over 20m a year

Bosnian Sajo
10-29-2019, 04:41 PM

I feel that. I also fell for the illusion of Luke, he was a former player who won titles with our team and really is a likable guy. The players loved him here in LA (for the most part). I wouldn't be so quick to throw all the blame his way though, it is a new gig after all and the players quite obviously have collectively been struggling. Give him a couple months to accurately assess him.

Bronbron23
10-29-2019, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry but any fan who thought the Kings were an actual playoff team has no one to blame fo themselves for the Kings being a disappointment.

It be like marrying a whore and being upset with her for whoring. You can't be mad at her for being who she is. You can only be mad at yourself for thinking the bitch could change.

Bosnian Sajo
10-29-2019, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry but any fan who thought the Kings were an actual playoff team has no one to blame fo themselves for the Kings being a disappointment.

It be like marrying a whore and being upset with her for whoring. You can't be mad at her for being who she is. You can only be mad at yourself for thinking the bitch could change.

They were literally 2 games away from being .500 last year and gained additional pieces (not lost, other than WCS), you guys are being way too over dramatic.

bigkingsfan
10-29-2019, 06:18 PM
They were literally 2 games away from being .500 last year and gained additional pieces (not lost, other than WCS), you guys are being way too over dramatic.
Nah, you're asking about adding 10 wins total over last year to make the playoffs. He's just being realistic.

LAC, LAL, NO, DAL, GSW, UTA, HOU, DEN, POR and that's 9 already.
You left out the Spurs. Bold teams are pretty much locked, one spot left and the Kings are somehow to leapfrog them all, plus the other surprised teams this year.

Kiddlovesnets
10-29-2019, 06:21 PM

I ain

Miles and Miles
10-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Nah, you're asking about adding 10 wins total over last year to make the playoffs. He's just being realistic.

You left out the Spurs. Bold teams are pretty much locked, one spot left and the Kings are somehow to leapfrog them all, plus the other surprised teams this year.

You are right Spurs should have been in there. I would like to see the Kings make .500 this year but that won't be enough to make the playoffs. I would love to be wrong and have them make it in but I don't think that's realistic.

Bosnian Sajo
10-30-2019, 01:04 PM

I don't disagree with you, I just don't think it would have been the craziest thing either. Season is still young, you guys aren't finished.

The west is totally loaded though. 12 teams that realistically could make the playoffs.