PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron had fundamentals....

Spurs m8
10-24-2019, 11:29 PM
I reckon he could have made top 5 all time....maybe top 3

His lack of footwork and a jump shot really hurt his legacy...they tarnish his game.

Watching someone like Kawhi, really makes LeBrons lack of fundamentals stand out.

Obviously the collisions hurt his legacy a bit too, but I reckon he still could have made top 3 despite multiple collusions and PEDs.

I'd hate to see where he ended up without the collusions and memory media hype...empty stat padding is really all he has in his favour

FKAri
10-24-2019, 11:36 PM
"Collisions" :lol

Spurs m8
10-24-2019, 11:37 PM

Fvckin auto correct :roll:

LAmbruh
10-25-2019, 12:06 AM
OP your bread n butter is "HAHAHAHAHA" and "FGGTS""CVNTS"

pls be that guy

whatever the OP is..... idk cringetopic

pls go back m8

And1AllDay
10-25-2019, 12:08 AM
this guys till streaming the 2017 finals :oldlol:

Gileraracer
10-25-2019, 06:01 AM
Lebron without collusions?

#1 in all stats and zero rings

That's the type of guy he is.

90sgoat
10-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Lebron is a supremely gifted athlete and an above average basketball player.

Good enough to be at the level of Karl Malone and maybe Charles Barkley, but not in the top 10.

Like the two mentioned, he simply has had glaring weaknesses, his entire career.

None of the players in the top 10 have massive weaknesses like Lebron.

egokiller
10-25-2019, 09:19 AM

pls be that guy

pls go back m8

Stop melting down wheels. Lebron isn

ILLsmak
10-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Just read some shit on how ad needs to hit more long js. Haha. It's like Yea he's elite inside but he's playing with guys like Dwight and that just clogs up the lane and ruins the offense. Like we haven't seen ad get 45 inside over and over. Let him get inside then let him air out his j. Just because he can hit those js doesn't mean he should be a stretch. You don't want your second (or first heh) options to be a stretch big. Esp on long twos.

Bran needs to step up and hit some 3s. On some real shit, **** Lebrons " fundamentals", make fts, make jumpers, and reduce crucial turn overs. Like I said in the thread about bran before, he's prol gonna get 20 8 8 worst case. Prol better cuz he could have made more shots. But they can win with him averaging those stats if they play right. There's a reason dg was their leading scorer. People have no value if they can't make a shot, true, but when that's like half your team cant and the one guy who might be able to be a consistent threat (still not sold on him as bosh or love, would be a waste too imo) has a cold game, you don't put that on him, you say... We played bad or we constructed our team poorly.

Brons fundamentals are fine, he just needs to be more adaptable too. Or Lal isn't gonna be top five like everyone thinks.

-Smak

STATUTORY
10-25-2019, 10:43 AM
lack of elite first step, clunky body mechanics and inconsistent jump shot limited his ceiling as a pure scorer

in his physical prime he could overcome it using a combination of his athleticism and favorable reffing. take that away and he's like a black luke walton

hiphopanonymous
10-25-2019, 11:10 AM
lack of elite first step, clunky body mechanics and inconsistent jump shot limited his ceiling as a pure scorer

in his physical prime he could overcome it using a combination of his athleticism and favorable reffing. take that away and he's like a black luke walton
This. Every time he stiff arms his way into the paint and the commentator tries to put a flattering twist on the graceless crap we just saw; “grown man move playing downhill” I’m thinking ...he has all the grace of Frankenstein being shoved down a flight of stairs :facepalm and his timing is awful draining the shot clock every time so all he can do is turn it over, pray he gets fouled, or pray his 50mph bail out bullet finds a shooter that isn’t bothered by no time on the clock and their vet minimum contract

Hey Yo
10-25-2019, 11:13 AM
this guys till streaming the 2017 finals :oldlol:
Takes OP 36hrs to watch one game.

https://i.gifer.com/origin/ee/ee23fe6bb28fad341eef173f611ae952_w200.gif

aj1987
10-30-2019, 07:00 AM
Dude has the intelligence of an autistic rodent. :roll:

Overdrive
10-30-2019, 12:12 PM

Like Magic, Wilt, Russell, Shaq or MJ? They all had weaknesses and like Lebron they could mostly hide them.

RealSkipBayless
10-30-2019, 03:15 PM

pls be that guy

pls go back m8
This

Dude saw Smoke post intoxicated one night and decided to type like that for a while. I liked that better.

RRR3
10-30-2019, 03:20 PM
This. Every time he stiff arms his way into the paint and the commentator tries to put a flattering twist on the graceless crap we just saw; “grown man move playing downhill” I’m thinking ...he has all the grace of Frankenstein being shoved down a flight of stairs :facepalm and his timing is awful draining the shot clock every time so all he can do is turn it over, pray he gets fouled, or pray his 50mph bail out bullet finds a shooter that isn’t bothered by no time on the clock and their vet minimum contract
Not pretending to be a Cavs fan anymore eh?

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 03:21 PM
i mean... the elbow first train truck is like his thing, man

he owns it

aj1987
10-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Not pretending to be a Cavs fan anymore eh?
LeBron mentally ruined him in '16. Dude was never actually a Cav's fan. Used to have meaning in his life, when he thought Chokerlain was the GOAT. After his idol got massively exposed, now he just sticks to one of his many alts.

Lebron23
10-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Current LeBron is putting up better numbers than post 2004 Tim Duncan. He is the system not a system player.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 05:19 PM
Current LeBron is putting up better numbers than post 2004 Tim Duncan. He is the system not a system player.

You do understand we're talking different eras? 37 y.o Duncan was averaging 18/10/3 with 2.7 blocks per game in just 30 MPG and he averaged 19/12 in the Finals with a 30/17 performance (on 13/21 shooting) in Game 6 that his team choked, he was +16 in that game. He only had 24/12/2 with 4 stls 1 block and +2 in Game 7. That's Duncan at age 37. He would have won his 4th FMVP and would have probably been 6/6 in the Finals if not for Kawhi and Manu missing their FTs.

AirBonner
10-30-2019, 05:22 PM
You do understand we're talking different eras? 37 y.o Duncan was averaging 18/10/3 with 2.7 blocks per game in just 30 MPG and he averaged 19/12 in the Finals with a 30/17 performance (on 13/21 shooting) in Game 6 that his team choked, he was +16 in that game. He only had 24/12/2 with 4 stls 1 block and +2 in Game 7. That's Duncan at age 37.
Duncan had load management for his entire career. LeBron literally had multiple seasons of carrying teams playing nearly 40min per game.

aj1987
10-30-2019, 05:29 PM
Back from the dead. What happened to your account all these months and is manny98 your alt?

You do understand we're talking different eras? 37 y.o Duncan was averaging 18/10/3 with 2.7 blocks per game in just 30 MPG and he averaged 19/12 in the Finals with a 30/17 performance (on 13/21 shooting) in Game 6 that his team choked, he was +16 in that game. He only had 24/12/2 with 4 stls 1 block and +2 in Game 7. That's Duncan at age 37.
Duncan in his 17th season averaged 15/10/3/1/2 on 53.5% TS. If you want to complain about minutes, Duncan per 36 averaged 19/12/4/1/2. LeBron is currently averaging 23/6/10/1/1 on 58% TS. Per 36, that goes up to 26/7/11/1/1. 17th season LeBron >>>> 17th season Duncan and it's not particularly close.

Also Duncan's team choked in G6? Dude had 25 points in the first two quarters and 5 in the final two and IT. He went 2/8 and scored 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT. If that was LeBron, we'd have a new thread about that game every single day.

Duncan had load management for his entire career. LeBron literally had multiple seasons of carrying teams playing nearly 40min per game.
LeBron didn't play over 35 minutes a game since he was 28. From 28-35, he averaged 32 minutes a game. LeBron at the same ages, 37 minutes a game.

Lebron23
10-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Back from the dead. What happened to your account all these months and is manny98 your alt?

Duncan in his 17th season averaged 15/10/3/1/2 on 53.5% TS. If you want to complain about minutes, Duncan per 36 averaged 19/12/4/1/2. LeBron is currently averaging 23/6/10/1/1 on 58% TS. Per 36, that goes up to 26/7/11/1/1. 17th season LeBron >>>> 17th season Duncan and it's not particularly close.

Also Duncan's team choked in G6? Dude had 25 points in the first two quarters and 5 in the final two and IT. He went 2/8 and scored 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT. If that was LeBron, we'd have a new thread about that game every single day.
Manny98 is probably Jameerthefear.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 05:32 PM

Lebron's team should have lost that game. The Heat were -1 with him on the court for that game vs Spurs being +16 with Duncan.

Spurs lost by 3 points. They were outscored by 19 points in the 8 minutes Duncan wasn't on the court.

aj1987
10-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Lebron's team should have lost that game. The Heat were -1 with him on the court for that game vs Spurs being +16 with Duncan.

You really want to use +/- and advanced stats as your arguments? You're a Kobe stan. Take a minute to think over it.

Spurs lost by 3 points. They were outscored by 19 points in the 8 minutes Duncan wasn't on the court.
Kobe was irrelevant in G7 in 2010, according to +/-. A game which the Lakers won by 4 points. According to your logic, were his teammates better with Kobe riding the bench?

Let me try again. You are blaming Duncan's teammates, but completely ignoring the fact that he scored 5 points in the 3 periods after the 2nd half. Dude shot 2/8 and scored 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 05:49 PM
You really want to use +/- and advanced stats as your arguments? You're a Kobe stan. Take a minute to think over it.

Kobe was irrelevant in G7 in 2010, according to +/-. A game which the Lakers won by 4 points. According to your logic, were his teammates better with Kobe riding the bench?

Let me try again. You are blaming Duncan's teammates, but completely ignoring the fact that he scored 5 points in the 3 periods after the 2nd half. Dude shot 2/8 and scored 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT.

Look, this has nothing to do with your hatred of Kobe. This is about longevity.

Duncan at AGE 37 put up 30/17 with a +16 in a Finals close-out game on the road against a team that went 66-16. If his teammates go 3/4 from the line in the 4th quarter, he wins the championship.

aj1987
10-30-2019, 05:51 PM
Look, this has nothing to do with your hatred of Kobe. This is about longevity.
I don't hate Kobe. Did I ever say otherwise?

As for longevity, literally no one is arguing that Duncan has had good longevity. Dude played 19 seasons. LeBron is on another level though. That's just a fact.

Even if LeBron retired today, LeBron would played only 324 minutes fewer than Duncan. That's 9 games at 36 minutes per game.

Duncan at AGE 37 put up 30/17 with a +16 in a Finals close-out game on the road against a team that went 66-16.
You said his teammates choked that game, when Duncan himself was terrible after the half. How hard is that to understand? :facepalm

Jesus! It's like I'm debating with 2nd graders.

Vino24
10-30-2019, 05:51 PM
LeBron without fundamentals is still a player cemented at top 3. What a beast :bowdown:

DoctorP
10-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Da Bessss

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 06:03 PM
I don't hate Kobe. Did I ever say otherwise?

As for longevity, literally no one is arguing that Duncan has had good longevity. Dude played 19 seasons. LeBron is on another level though. That's just a fact.

Even if LeBron retired today, LeBron would played only 324 minutes fewer than Duncan. That's 9 games at 36 minutes per game.

You said his teammates choked that game, when Duncan himself was terrible after the half. How hard is that to understand? :facepalm

Jesus! It's like I'm debating with 2nd graders.

Is this hard for you to understand? The Spurs outscored the Heat by 16 points with Duncan on the court for almost 45 minutes at age 37, they were outscored by 19 points in the 8 minutes he wasn't.

Lebron hasn't proven to be "on another level" ever, not all minutes are equal. Duncan was battling it out against the best teams in the league in the Western Conference Playoffs while Lebron was going up against a bunch of nobodies in the EC.

aj1987
10-30-2019, 06:14 PM
Is this hard for you to understand? The Spurs outscored the Heat by 16 points with Duncan on the court for almost 45 minutes at age 37, they were outscored by 19 points in the 8 minutes he wasn't.
I'm not disputing that you dipshit. I'm not arguing your stats. How ****ing hard is that comprehend? You said that the Spurs lost because his teammates "choked". However, you are completely ignoring the FACT that Duncan scored 5 points in the 3 periods after half time, going 2/8 for 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT.

Lebron hasn't proven to be "on another level" ever, not all minutes are equal. Duncan was battling it out against the best teams in the league in the Western Conference Playoffs while Lebron was going up against a bunch of nobodies in the EC.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You earned your place as quite possibly one of the dumbest posters in the history of the internet. "Not all minutes are equal"... What an incredibly retarded argument in your context. It would've made more sense if you didn't bring up the conference disparity. LeBron is quite possibly heavier than Duncan and is a perimeter player, running around significantly more than Duncan. If anything LeBron has a significantly heavier strain on his body than Duncan.

Lets also not ignore the FACT that LeBron has, for his career, played better against the West, than he did against the East. 27/9/8/1/1 on 59% TS in his FIRST season out West. A top 4 seed before getting injured.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 06:34 PM
I'm not disputing that you dipshit. I'm not arguing your stats. How ****ing hard is that comprehend? You said that the Spurs lost because his teammates "choked". However, you are completely ignoring the FACT that Duncan scored 5 points in the 3 periods after half time, going 2/8 for 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You earned your place as quite possibly one of the dumbest posters in the history of the internet. "Not all minutes are equal"... What an incredibly retarded argument in your context. It would've made more sense if you didn't bring up the conference disparity. LeBron is quite possibly heavier than Duncan and is a perimeter player, running around significantly more than Duncan. If anything LeBron has a significantly heavier strain on his body than Duncan.

Lets also not ignore the FACT that LeBron has, for his career, played better against the West, than he did against the East. 27/9/8/1/1 on 59% TS in his FIRST season out West. A top 4 seed before getting injured.

Duncan was going up against Shaq, name me one player as physically dominant as Shaq who played in this era? Not only did Duncan go up against Shaq but he would often keep him way below his averages. Lebron is playing in the weakest defensive era in league history where light contact results in a foul.

aj1987
10-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Duncan was going up against Shaq, name me one player as physically dominant as Shaq who played in this era? Not only did Duncan go up against Shaq but he would often keep him way below his averages. Lebron is playing in the weakest defensive era in league history where light contact results in a foul.

Is that why LeBron averaged 5.8 FT's in the "tough" defensive era, while taking only 31.5% of his shots at the rim and 6.5 FT's in the "weakest defensive era", while taking 53.7% of his shots at the rim?

Has Duncan ever had his nose broken by a defender while they were trying to guard him?

Your argument was completely baseless and retarded from the get go, and now you're just digging yourself further in.

I'm still waiting to hear how Duncan didn't choke, when he had 25 points in the first two quarters and 5 in the final two and OT. He went 2/8 and scored 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT.

So, how did he not choke and only his teammates did?

Lets not forget this from game 7:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

RealSkipBayless
10-30-2019, 07:28 PM
Doesn

warriorfan
10-30-2019, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]Doesn

tpols
10-30-2019, 07:37 PM
His lack of fundamentals is secondary to the intangibles.

the guy actually has some very good basketball skill but his ego centric westbrook style and FO manipulation along with the choking and stat padding kill it.

ImKobe
10-30-2019, 07:58 PM
Is that why LeBron averaged 5.8 FT's in the "tough" defensive era, while taking only 31.5% of his shots at the rim and 6.5 FT's in the "weakest defensive era", while taking 53.7% of his shots at the rim?

Has Duncan ever had his nose broken by a defender while they were trying to guard him?

Your argument was completely baseless and retarded from the get go, and now you're just digging yourself further in.

I'm still waiting to hear how Duncan didn't choke, when he had 25 points in the first two quarters and 5 in the final two and OT. He went 2/8 and scored 5 points in the 3rd, 4th, and OT.

So, how did he not choke and only his teammates did?

Lets not forget this from game 7:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

Duncan at 37 years old had 24/12/2 with 4 steals and was a +2 on the court in 43 minutes of a Game 7. That means his team was outscored by 9 points in the ~5 minutes he wasn't on the court.

aj1987
10-31-2019, 09:29 AM
Duncan at 37 years old had 24/12/2 with 4 steals and was a +2 on the court in 43 minutes of a Game 7. That means his team was outscored by 9 points in the ~5 minutes he wasn't on the court.
Duncan missed TWO point blank shots at the rim, which would've tied the game. In a game 7 of the NBA Finals, no less. That's the definition of a choke.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif\

Doesn’t AJ drive a cab for a living?
Nah, but I warriorfag keeps telling people that you suck cocks for a living. :confusedshrug:

Maybe...we do know he doesn’t clean toilets at least, there are none where he lives.
Go clean your ashtray, you autistic diabetic crackhead ****.

Gileraracer
10-31-2019, 09:46 AM
KOT DEMN! Pramesh in here fighting for his life to defend Lebron :roll:

Artillery
10-31-2019, 02:25 PM
Lebron is a supremely gifted athlete and an above average basketball player.

Good enough to be at the level of Karl Malone and maybe Charles Barkley, but not in the top 10.

Like the two mentioned, he simply has had glaring weaknesses, his entire career.

:facepalm His multiple titles already guarantee that he's above those two.

AirTupac
10-31-2019, 02:28 PM
RatMuncher1987 bout to cry over LeBron :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

egokiller
10-31-2019, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=hiphopanonymous]This. Every time he stiff arms his way into the paint and the commentator tries to put a flattering twist on the graceless crap we just saw;

Jameerthefear
10-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Manny98 is probably Jameerthefear.
lol i'm not manny

PP34Deuce
10-31-2019, 03:40 PM
His lack of fundamentals is secondary to the intangibles.

the guy actually has some very good basketball skill but his ego centric westbrook style and FO manipulation along with the choking and stat padding kill it.

IQ wise, he's mastered pace. As much of a willing passer as he is, he's also a scorer. He knows how to pace himself to 27 7 7.

aj1987
11-04-2019, 02:22 AM
RatMuncher1987 bout to cry over LeBron :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Let it all out, AirRetard. :roll: