PDA

View Full Version : Morey may get canned for his tweet supporting HK

Jameerthefear
10-06-2019, 06:52 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/10/6/20901828/daryl-morey-hong-kong-china-houston-rockets-tweet-controversy

305Baller
10-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Dont mess with the Commies.

brooks_thompson
10-06-2019, 06:59 PM
I

FultzNationRISE
10-06-2019, 07:05 PM
Really interesting situation.

The question is: Is democracy a human right?

And if so... how do Americans reconcile supporting a league like the NBA, which has no problem doing business with China if it helps NBA owners’ bottom line?

How will AMERICANS feel about supporting the Rockets, if they fire Daryl Morey for his expression of a political view that China wants supressed?

Will the Rockets choose money or principle? And do Americans have a responsibility to care which one they pick?

Complicated stuff.

FultzNationRISE
10-06-2019, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=brooks_thompson]I

Jameerthefear
10-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Really interesting situation.

And if so... how do Americans reconcile supporting a league like the NBA, which has no problem doing business with China if it helps NBA owners’ bottom line?

How will AMERICANS feel about supporting the Rockets, if they fire Daryl Morey for his expression of a political view that China wants supressed?

Will the Rockets choose money or principle? And do Americans have a responsibility to care which one they pick?

Complicated stuff.
Pretty sure we'll see something from Silver either today or tomorrow.

fsvr54
10-06-2019, 07:26 PM
This world is ghey as hell.

Kblaze8855
10-06-2019, 07:35 PM
While it

90sgoat
10-06-2019, 07:43 PM
Both sides are absolute douchebags.

The owners who don't give a shit about anything real like this HK freedom fight, but love to give lip service to woke thugs in America.

Morey because he is a typical white idiot who thinks it's up to him to save the world. Stay in yo lane mofo. This is Chinese vs Chinese. If they wanted the white man to save them, they'd have asked.

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2019, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=brooks_thompson]I

305Baller
10-06-2019, 07:57 PM

The owners who don't give a shit about anything real like this HK freedom fight, but love to give lip service to woke thugs in America.

Morey because he is a typical white idiot who thinks it's up to him to save the world. Stay in yo lane mofo. This is Chinese vs Chinese. If they wanted the white man to save them, they'd have asked.

hahahahahah

what an idiot

this aint gang warefare u savage nitwit

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

305Baller
10-06-2019, 08:01 PM
the americans are not gonna intervene and start ww3.

as much as the americans would love to nuke the chinese out of existence because white supremacy

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kblaze8855
10-06-2019, 08:04 PM

Who is out there flying those American flags? I

CelticBaller
10-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Good

Americans should mind their own ****ing business

305Baller
10-06-2019, 08:13 PM
the world will be laughing at china when it repeats the same folly as the USSR

totalitarianism will implodeeeeeeee as usual

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

what dumb robots

Jameerthefear
10-06-2019, 08:23 PM
https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/1181000808399114240?s=19
Morey has bent the knee.

305Baller
10-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Morey has bent the knee.

written by the chinese nationalists.

Morey is dead.

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

MaxPlayer
10-06-2019, 08:26 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

what dumb robots

I agree with this. Though it's come a long way since the 60's, the CCCP still comes off as petty and paranoid. They have a lot to learn from US politicians, who have most of the population begging to be ruled.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

305Baller
10-06-2019, 08:33 PM
I agree with this. Though it's come a long way since the 60's, the CCCP still comes off as petty and paranoid. They have a lot to learn from US politicians, who have most of the population begging to be ruled.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

what the **** does that even mean you ****ing wannabee tibetan monk, kung fu sounding mother****er ahhahahahahhaha

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2019, 08:36 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

what dumb robots

capitalism makes it a lot different than the USSR

305Baller
10-06-2019, 08:41 PM
capitalism makes it a lot different than the USSR

who said anything about capitalism. its a totalitarian system with robots putting you on shame boards for jaywalking

robot hell on earth hahahahahhaahahhahahaha

they are slaves

slaves

slaves

monkee robot slaves

there will be a backlash
hahahahhhahahahahahahhahahahahaha

hahahahahahhahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahhaha

90sgoat
10-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Who is out there flying those American flags? I’m fairly sure I saw protesters directly asking Trump to intervene.

Listen, I don't blame people having these naive opinions about the world..

Let's say this about the HK people asking Trump to intervene.

This would be similar to China invading Venezuela.

Nah, wouldn't like that would you.

Try treating other countries with respect.

Kblaze8855
10-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Did I say I want us to get involved? I said I’ve seen people who are apparently asking for American involvement as a response to you saying they are not asking for American involvement. The Hong Kong side has always wanted the situation open to international views. They want the world to watch and comment and be involved. It’s the other side likely to want it seen as an internal matter not to be concerned with.

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2019, 08:54 PM
who said anything about capitalism. its a totalitarian system with robots putting you on shame boards for jaywalking

robot hell on earth hahahahahhaahahhahahaha

they are slaves

slaves

slaves

monkee robot slaves

there will be a backlash
hahahahhhahahahahahahhahahahahaha

hahahahahahhahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahhaha

everyone jaywalks there :lol

bobopenguin
10-06-2019, 08:55 PM
Let's all NBA teams tweet free hk. Chinese can go watch their CBA.

305Baller
10-06-2019, 09:01 PM
everyone jaywalks there :lol

then

they 'gotta

payyyyyyyyyyyyy

hahaahhahaahhahahaha

Xiao Yao You
10-06-2019, 09:05 PM
then

they 'gotta

payyyyyyyyyyyyy

hahaahhahaahhahahaha

pay with their life maybe as someone runs them down. Traffic laws are rarely enforced

305Baller
10-06-2019, 09:07 PM
pay with their life maybe as someone runs them down. Traffic laws are rarely enforced

yes. i like that

305Baller
10-06-2019, 09:24 PM
The NBA, saying it hopes the league can help to unify people and cultural divides, weighed in Sunday night on the growing controversy surrounding a tweet by the Houston Rockets' general manager in which he voiced support of pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.

"We recognize that the views expressed by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey have deeply offended many of our friends and fans in China, which is regrettable," the NBA said in the statement released Sunday night. "While Daryl has made it clear that his tweet does not represent the Rockets or the NBA, the values of the league support individuals' educating themselves and sharing their views on matters important to them.

"We have great respect for the history and culture of China and hope that sports and the NBA can be used as a unifying force to bridge cultural divides and bring people together."

The statement came after China's official basketball association, headed by Hall of Famer and Rockets great Yao Ming, said earlier in the day that it would suspend cooperation with the team.

EDITOR'S PICKS

China suspends work with Rockets over GM tweet

Fertitta on Morey tweet: Rockets are politics-free
The Chinese Basketball Association said Sunday on its Twitter-like Weibo account that Morey had made "improper remarks regarding Hong Kong" to which it expressed its "strong opposition."

Morey's now-deleted tweet from Friday read: "Fight for Freedom. Stand with Hong Kong."

In a statement tweeted Sunday, Morey attempted to clarify the matter.

"I did not intend my tweet to cause any offense to Rockets fans and friends of mine in China," Morey said in the statement. "I was merely voicing one thought, based on one interpretation, of one complicated event. I have had a lot of opportunity since that tweet to hear and consider other perspectives."

China's relationship with the Rockets has been especially close because Yao played his entire NBA career with the team. Yao was appointed as the association's president in February 2017, in what was presented as a step toward reform for an organization that had in the past been led by government bureaucrats.

"I have always appreciated the significant support our Chinese fans and sponsors have provided," Morey tweeted. "And I would hope that those who are upset will know that offending or misunderstanding them was not my intention. My tweets are my own and in no way represent the Rockets or the NBA."

The CBA's reaction underscores Beijing's extreme sensitivity about foreign attitudes toward the ongoing protests that have lately grown into violence in the semi-autonomous territory. China accuses foreign parties in the United States and elsewhere of encouraging the demonstrations.

On Friday night, Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta denounced Morey's tweet, saying the Rockets are not a political organization.

Tilman Fertitta

@TilmanJFertitta
Listen....@dmorey does NOT speak for the @HoustonRockets. Our presence in Tokyo is all about the promotion of the @NBA internationally and we are NOT a political organization. @espn https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/1180312072027947008 …

11:54 PM - Oct 4, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
3,056 people are talking about this
Fertitta told ESPN's Tim MacMahon that he felt compelled, due to the reaction to Morey's tweet, to publicly clarify that the Rockets do not take political positions, but Fertitta stressed that he has no issues with Morey.

"I have the best general manager in the league," Fertitta said. "Everything is fine with Daryl and me. We got a huge backlash, and I wanted to make clear that the organization has no political position. We're here to play basketball and not to offend anybody."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27787634/nba-supports-viewpoints-china-houston-rockets-rift

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ygqMjv2x8KSxW/giphy.gif

Draz
10-06-2019, 09:46 PM
He ain't wrong. Fck China

bladefd
10-06-2019, 10:35 PM
Every American should be supporting democracy. Anyone against what Morey posted are only against it for the money - including the Rockets owner.

The two sides are obvious. It's either for democracy or against democracy. There is no middle-ground. If you support Morey's re-tweet then you support democracy. If you are against Morey's re-tweet then you don't support democracy. Simple as that.

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Every American should be supporting democracy. Anyone against what Morey posted are only against it for the money - including the Rockets owner.

The two sides are obvious. It's either for democracy or against democracy. There is no middle-ground. If you support Morey's re-tweet then you support democracy. If you are against Morey's re-tweet then you don't support democracy. Simple as that.

simple as that if youre a retard

:lol

CelticBaller
10-06-2019, 10:38 PM

or maybe americans should stop sticking their noses into other countries problems

RRR3
10-06-2019, 10:39 PM
or maybe americans should stop sticking their noses into other countries problems
Voicing your support isn’t sticking your nose into anything :biggums:

China isn’t going to be affected by Morey’s ****ing tweet, they’re just being babies about it.

CelticBaller
10-06-2019, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Voicing your support isn

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:44 PM
except it literally is.

This is putting pressure on the NBA to either cut their ties with China(which will have an economic impact) in order to stand with Morey, or just make Morey apologize.

ha. no

more like pretend it never happened and kiss chinas ass

morey is nothing. he is nothing

Facepalm
10-06-2019, 10:44 PM

They actually do want the white man to help. The protesters have asked the US and UK for support

CelticBaller
10-06-2019, 10:46 PM
They actually do want the white man to help. The protesters have asked the US and UK for support
good god

I hope we don't don't send people there

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:46 PM

not. gunna. get it

Facepalm
10-06-2019, 10:48 PM
Morey has bent the knee.
What? He didn't go for the "I got hacked?" Everybody believes that one

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:48 PM
What? He didn't go for the "I got hacked?" Everybody believes that one

Facepalm
10-06-2019, 10:49 PM
not. gunna. get it
Yea they ain't getting it. Protesters are gonna lose, don't think it will be another Tienanmen though. Too many cameras this time

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Yea they ain't getting it. Protesters are gonna lose, don't think it will be another Tienanmen though. Too many cameras this time

i dont know about all that but they can burn the city down and us and uk are not going in. china is too powerful

let em wreck shit, fffuuufuufufukkkkk it.

RRR3
10-06-2019, 10:52 PM
except it literally is.

This is putting pressure on the NBA to either cut their ties with China(which will have an economic impact) in order to stand with Morey, or just make Morey apologize.
Did Morey ask the NBA to cut ties with China? All he did was tweet support. Is he not allowed to have an opinion?

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Did Morey ask the NBA to cut ties with China? All he did was tweet support. Is he not allowed to have an opinion?

no. its the commies

305Baller
10-06-2019, 10:59 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NSnBIyD9--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/pqr1hdhkhmzewckkqisr.jpg

fat

faced

piece

o

shit

hhahahahahhahahahahahahah

Duderonomy
10-06-2019, 10:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZBXFAvWwAEgdbV.png

You can say oppression over in China doesn't matter, but you better believe if a police state with constant surveillance and social credit scores doesn't get opposition in China that it will be tried here.

305Baller
10-06-2019, 11:00 PM

You can say oppression over in China doesn't matter, but you better believe if a police state with constant surveillance and social credit scores doesn't get opposition in China that it will be tried here.

its against the constitution

305Baller
10-06-2019, 11:02 PM

if mlk would try to start ww3 he would get shot. again.

CelticBaller
10-06-2019, 11:11 PM

you're the same idiot who said the U.S doesn't have freedom of press :roll:

You don't know what oppression is if you believe the U.S would get even close to a china state

IGOTGAME
10-06-2019, 11:20 PM

Are you will to put the US through the ringer to combat China? Persoanlly, im not.

IGOTGAME
10-06-2019, 11:22 PM

He isnt supposed to directly oppose one of his companies biggest business partners...that should go without saying. Public/private distinction is almost non-existant in China...nothing like USA.

bladefd
10-06-2019, 11:25 PM

NBA has been about giving a voice to their players and staff going back to David Stern in 1980s. What do you do now? Muzzle your players/staff from speaking up on issues? You going to tell Pop/Kerr/Curry to not discuss Trump again? You pick and choose political issues based on profit lines?

Certainly not. The whole world is watching. China has 10,000 "secret" troops there, probably more but they can't do another Tiananmen Square. I read the person who took those images of Tiananmen had to hide the camera roll in his toilet or something to not let the Chinese soldiers get to it. Then it was secretly smuggled out for the world to see. That crap isn't happening this time around with smartphones and satellites/ubiquitous internet.

imdaman99
10-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Fk China. Wish everyone would stop doing business with them. I don't care at what cost.

FultzNationRISE
10-06-2019, 11:45 PM
EDITOR'S

Morey's now-deleted tweet from Friday read: "Fight for Freedom. Stand with Hong Kong."

In a statement tweeted Sunday, Morey attempted to clarify the matter.

"I did not intend my tweet to cause any offense to Rockets fans and friends of mine in China," Morey said in the statement. "I was merely voicing one thought, based on one interpretation, of one complicated event. I have had a lot of opportunity since that tweet to hear and consider other perspectives."

China's relationship with the Rockets has been especially close because Yao played his entire NBA career with the team. Yao was appointed as the association's president in February 2017, in what was presented as a step toward reform for an organization that had in the past been led by government bureaucrats.

"I have always appreciated the significant support our Chinese fans and sponsors have provided," Morey tweeted. "And I would hope that those who are upset will know that offending or misunderstanding them was not my intention. My tweets are my own and in no way represent the Rockets or the NBA."

The CBA's reaction underscores Beijing's extreme sensitivity about foreign attitudes toward the ongoing protests that have lately grown into violence in the semi-autonomous territory. China accuses foreign parties in the United States and elsewhere of encouraging the demonstrations.

On Friday night, Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta denounced Morey's tweet, saying the Rockets are not a political organization.

Tilman Fertitta

@

[/IMG]

So Morey first tweeted “FIGHT for Freedom. STAND with Hong Kong.”

And now he’s apologizing to China, saying he misunderstood, and is groveling for forgiveness.

Principles are always easier said than done.

90sgoat
10-07-2019, 12:06 AM

It's called Facebook.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:08 AM
It's called Facebook.

you can turn it off you simpleton

90sgoat
10-07-2019, 12:10 AM
you can turn it off you simpleton

:roll:

That's when the real surveillance begins.

You know that right?

People who delete all their social media are considered highly suspect by intelligence agencies.

It's better to have a social profile, but keep it devoid of personal information. Problem is, Facebook is still spying one everything you do, through their tracking scripts. Facebook knows every porn video you ever watched.

Smoke117
10-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Fk China. Wish everyone would stop doing business with them. I don't care at what cost.

Why do you hate the chinese, racist? Because they won't allow your cult into their country? That they have been able to keep islam out of their country is the most praiseworthy thing about them. I wish we in the USA dealt with muslims like they do.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:12 AM
:roll:

That's when the real surveillance begins.

You know that right?

People who delete all their social media are considered highly suspect by intelligence agencies.

It's better to have a social profile, but keep it devoid of personal information. Problem is, Facebook is still spying one everything you do, through their tracking scripts. Facebook knows every porn video you ever watched.

yep.

and they sell it to the russian mafia to send you more porn spam ( i get excellent ones)

feds need to crack down on them and the google

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:28 AM
Why do you hate the chinese, racist? Because they won't allow your cult into their country? That they have been able to keep islam out of their country is the most praiseworthy thing about them. I wish we in the USA dealth with muslims like they do.

christians arent that robotic and cruel

hahaaaaaaaaaaaa

DoctorP
10-07-2019, 12:33 AM
This has nothing to do with anything.
https://i.imgur.com/kqXgEci.png

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:34 AM
^^^^^^

Phaggggooot

imdaman99
10-07-2019, 12:44 AM
Why do you hate the chinese, racist? Because they won't allow your cult into their country? That they have been able to keep islam out of their country is the most praiseworthy thing about them. I wish we in the USA dealt with muslims like they do.
Can't wait till isis tracks your ass down and makes you convert.

And then use you as their sex doll

DoctorP
10-07-2019, 12:45 AM
^^^^^^

Phaggggooot

shut it clown-o. i know you said you like seeing dudes bang Harley in front of you before you kill em

thats pretty gay

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFXdK2tXUAAHKCB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:47 AM
shut it clown-o. i know you said you like seeing dudes bang Harley in front of you before you kill em

thats pretty gay

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFXdK2tXUAAHKCB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

:lol maybe once...or twice

i like to watch dirty thingsssssss

hahahahahhahah

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:49 AM
lets discuss your ip address

DoctorP
10-07-2019, 12:50 AM
lets discuss your ip address

another time, whistleblower.

you do more than watch, sucker.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:51 AM
another time, whistleblower.

you do more than watch, sucker.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hah. good one, detective.

Smoke117
10-07-2019, 12:52 AM
Can't wait till isis tracks your ass down and makes you convert.

And then use you as their sex doll

Hate is not the way my brother. As-salāmu ʿalaykum.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 02:02 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Yao-Ming-and-Kobe-Bryant-670x353.jpg

NBA Operates Basketball Training Center In Chinese Region Where 1 Million Uighur Muslims Said To Be Imprisoned

https://www.inquisitr.com/5677530/nba-training-center-chinese-uighur-minority-imprisoned/

The National Basketball Association Houston Rockets franchise was forced to declare itself “non-political” on Sunday after the club’s general manager, Daryl Morey, posted a statement supporting pro-democracy demonstrators in Hong Kong earlier, as The Inquisitr reported. Morey’s tweet produced an immediate reaction from the Chinese government and Chinese Basketball Association, condemning Morey and saying that they would sever business ties with the Rockets.

The livestreaming service that carries NBA games even declared that it would no longer stream Rockets games. The sudden reaction provoked Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta to take to Twitter himself, to declare his franchise “NOT a political organization.”

But the NBA has nonetheless placed itself in the middle of one of China’s most brutal political situations, according to a report published last year by Slate.com.

According to the report, since 2016, the NBA has operated one of its international “training academies” in the heart of Xinjiang province — a region most American companies have scrupulously avoided because Xinjiang is also the center of Chinese government human rights violations against the ethnic Muslim Uighur population that lives there.

According to a BBC report, the Chinese government has imprisoned about one million Uighur people — roughly 10 percent of the Uighur population in Xinjiang — in what the government calls “counter-extremism centers,” but what activists say are actually massive internment camps where Uighur prisoners are forced to swear allegiance to the Chinese government.

“I hate to say this, but if you’re a foreign company in China, you’re making political choices,” wrote Washington Post columnist Isaac Stone Fish on his Twitter account.

In addition to the internment camps, which have appeared on satellite imagery even though the Chinese government denies their existence, Xinjiang itself has become “ground zero for a repressive revolution into a total control state,” according to Fish, who also authored the Slate.com report on the NBA “academy” in Xinjiang.

Even ordinary shoppers in the region are subject to facial recognition technology which the government says allows it to identify “terrorists.” Residents who own smartphones are required to install an app that alerts authorities to any “dangerous” material on their phones. The Uighur Muslim women are prohibited from wearing their religiously required veils, while men are restricted from growing “abnormal” beards.

A United Nations human rights official, according to Fish, has described the region as a “sort of ‘no rights zone.'”

“The NBA should no longer engage with Xinjiang,” Fish wrote, acknowledging that the move may cost the NBA some Chinese fans. “The alternative is to continue to help China whitewash a network of concentration camps.”

RoseCity07
10-07-2019, 02:52 AM
They aren't going to fire him:oldlol:

The know this will blow over in like 2 days.

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2019, 05:55 AM
They aren't going to fire him:oldlol:

The know this will blow over in like 2 days.

the Chinese don't just let things go

bobopenguin
10-07-2019, 10:01 AM
i say let's fuming it up, let Chinese fans force every teams and player to take a side, whether it's gonna be "human right side & free HK" or "Let's lick chinese butthole & get big $$$".

If NBA decides to lick Chinese @ss, then what we believed on, moral, ethic, freedom of speech, human right etc are nothing but a bunch of sh*ts when money is involved.

Hey Yo
10-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis

James Harden just apologized to China because Rockets GM Daryl Morey supported democracy. Let me repeat this, one of the NBA’s top stars just apologized to a brutal communist dictatorship because an American said he supports democracy. The NBA is a disgrace.
8:56 AM

bobopenguin
10-07-2019, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Clay Travis
@ClayTravis

[I]James Harden just apologized to China because Rockets GM Daryl Morey supported democracy. Let me repeat this, one of the NBA

FKAri
10-07-2019, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]Really interesting situation.

And if so... how do Americans reconcile supporting a league like the NBA, which has no problem doing business with China if it helps NBA owners

Mask the Embiid
10-07-2019, 10:45 AM
nice, whites vs asians....thats something new

about time the chinese stopped kissing the white man's ass....finally grew a spine for once...Lets see how long this last.I wouldnt hold my breath if i were you

asians....https://media0.giphy.com/media/dEdmW17JnZhiU/giphy.gif

gangas khan would be rolling over in his grave if he seen what happened to his once great race

just know if some divine natural disaster takes out only the whites....you know who's next on my shit list

but as long as they are around you are not my enemy

305Baller
10-07-2019, 10:54 AM
nice, whites vs asians....thats something new

about time the chinese stopped kissing the white man's ass....finally grew a spine for once...Lets see how long this last.I wouldnt hold my breath if i were you

asians....https://media0.giphy.com/media/dEdmW17JnZhiU/giphy.gif

gangas khan would be rolling over in his grave if he seen what happened to his once great race

just know if some divine natural disaster takes out the whites....you know who's next on my shit list

HAHAHAAHHAAHH

what a retarded savage

bobopenguin
10-07-2019, 10:55 AM
https://i.ibb.co/Rvg7ZP4/nba-logo.jpg

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

305Baller
10-07-2019, 10:56 AM
ok, first one.
James Harden bows down to Chinese buttholes & $$$!
who's next?

you know it motherfudger

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

305Baller
10-07-2019, 10:57 AM
i say let's fuming it up, let Chinese fans force every teams and player to take a side, whether it's gonna be "human right side & free HK" or "Let's lick chinese butthole & get big $$$".

If NBA decides to lick Chinese @ss, then what we believed on, moral, ethic, freedom of speech, human right etc are nothing but a bunch of sh*ts when money is involved.

the a$$ licking will continue. this i$ not even debatable.

nightlight
10-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Exposing yourself as someone who has never worked a day in your life here.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Sources: In response to social media events over weekend, China (Chinese Basketball Association) has canceled NBA G League

guy
10-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Morey definitely screwed the NBA here :oldlol: . He may not get fired just cause of the optics attached to it but he basically put the NBA in a lose-lose situation here. Whatever the NBA does, they either piss off China or all the SJWs around the world. Terrible, unnecessary move on his part. Best possible move is probably for him to just resign apologizing for being such a distraction, which wouldn

305Baller
10-07-2019, 01:15 PM
"Chinese citizens stand united when it comes to the territorial integrity of China and the country's sovereignty over her homeland. This issue is non-negotiable," he said.
Tsai also partially defended Morey, while urging Chinese fans to "keep the faith" in the NBA.
"I am sure he's a fine NBA general manager, and I will take at face value his subsequent apology that he was not as well informed as he should have been," he said. "But the hurt that this incident has caused will take a long time to repair.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/business/houston-rockets-nba-china-daryl-morey/index.html

:roll: :roll: :roll:

305Baller
10-07-2019, 01:16 PM
@ClayTravis

[I]James Harden just apologized to China because Rockets GM Daryl Morey supported democracy. Let me repeat this, one of the NBA

sammichoffate
10-07-2019, 01:35 PM
I was just there on vacation last month visiting family. You guys can ask anything if you wanted to know the background info on HK and why they're protesting.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 01:36 PM
blow the whistle blow.

blow my whistle, bloww..... oh batsy that was good....

305Baller
10-07-2019, 01:37 PM
I was just there on vacation last month visiting family. You guys can ask anything if you wanted to know the background info on HK and why they're protesting.

spoiled by the progressive uk system and now have to blow on the whistle of the chinese system

its called intelligence. the democracy advocates have it, the monkee robots dont

freedom is a virtue

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

blow my whistle...blow

ImKobe
10-07-2019, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=guy]Morey definitely screwed the NBA here :oldlol: . He may not get fired just cause of the optics attached to it but he basically put the NBA in a lose-lose situation here. Whatever the NBA does, they either piss off China or all the SJWs around the world. Terrible, unnecessary move on his part. Best possible move is probably for him to just resign apologizing for being such a distraction, which wouldn

Xiao Yao You
10-07-2019, 02:08 PM
I'd can Pelinka and take him on the Lakers immediately.

Lakers are even bigger than the Rockets in China. Won't happen

sammichoffate
10-07-2019, 02:30 PM
https://streamable.com/s53vt

bullettooth
10-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Why the **** does anyone give a shit what he says? Nothing he says will stop the Chinese government from treating it's citzens like shit.

bladefd
10-07-2019, 03:00 PM
@ClayTravis

Jameerthefear
10-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Harden is a disgrace to the USA and democracy. An embarrassment.
why are you singling out harden lol

CelticBaller
10-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Harden is a disgrace to the USA and democracy. An embarrassment.
USA democracy, where nosey Americans want to impose

ILLsmak
10-07-2019, 06:15 PM
That's why it's such luls. Sure it's billions of dollars but if Bron and Steve Kerr and Pop are gonna insult people like Trump, it's sad life that they are gonna back off and not say China is ****ing up. Shit we got a trade war with em. **** a partner. Take an L. PUNISH EM.

You don't bend the knee to the commies even tho Yao seemed like a cool guy.

Those super wack apology tweets everyone writes, it's like they are all written by the same lawyer.

Edit: let's be clear. Whatever you think of the racial divide or rhetoric in America... it's nothing compared to the shit going on in China and esp what they are doing in HK. Time to actually get some ****ing balls boys. That's what being a radical is really about.

-Smak

ILLsmak
10-07-2019, 06:19 PM
optics

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

-Smak

bladefd
10-07-2019, 07:44 PM
why are you singling out harden lol

Because he is the first player to apologize to China like a cowering dog. I'm embarrassed to see the nba do the same. I'm ashamed of the Nets owner doing the same and Rockets owner. They are all disgraces to America for defending a totalitarian government known for running modern day internment camps, killing anyone who disagrees/speaks out and events like Tienanmen Square. Their human rights violations are well-known and well-documented. Nobody with a modicum of education on this subject should be defending an oppressive regime like that. It's better to keep quiet than beg for forgiveness from China like a sniveling coward.

305Baller
10-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Because he is the first player to apologize to China like a cowering dog. I'm embarrassed to see the nba do the same. I'm ashamed of the Nets owner doing the same and Rockets owner. They are all disgraces to America for defending a totalitarian government known for running modern day internment camps, killing anyone who disagrees/speaks out and events like Tienanmen Square. Their human rights violations are well-known and well-documented. Nobody with a modicum of education on this subject should be defending an oppressive regime like that. It's better to keep quiet than beg for forgiveness from China like a sniveling coward.

greymatter
10-08-2019, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=CelticBaller]USA democracy, where nosey Americans want to impose

FultzNationRISE
10-08-2019, 12:13 AM

You talk tough with your black-and-white soapboxing approach, but will YOU give up purchasing anything and everything that comes from China? Fat chance. What if you had to either apologize, or give up every item of luxury and convenience youre accustomed to?

It’s not so simple. You wanna sound like a hero, when really you sound like a try-hard.

305Baller
10-08-2019, 12:16 AM
It's always easy to tell which posters are the stupid rubes who've either never had a valid passport or never been beyond Mexico or Canada.

I'd wager exactly 0% of them could tell you why HK became a Brit colony and what year it was handed back to China without looking it up.

HK are citizens of China. China lets them "mostly" enjoy the benefits of a Western style democracy in order to allow for a smooth transition into reincorporating it with the rest of the country. It was designated as a "special economic zone" and intended to be fully reincorporated by 50 years after its handover (1997 for the jacktards too ignorant or too young to bother remembering).

It is strictly an internal matter for the Chinese. The US has as much business peddling democracy in HK as China does telling the shithole state of Georgia's Bible-beating inbredneck politicians to respect abortion rights.

:lol it's true tho

DoctorP
10-08-2019, 12:21 AM
That's why it's such luls. Sure it's billions of dollars but if Bron and Steve Kerr and Pop are gonna insult people like Trump, it's sad life that they are gonna back off and not say China is ****ing up. Shit we got a trade war with em. **** a partner. Take an L. PUNISH EM.

Those super wack apology tweets everyone writes, it's like they are all written by the same lawyer.

Edit: let's be clear. Whatever you think of the racial divide or rhetoric in America... it's nothing compared to the shit going on in China and esp what they are doing in HK. Time to actually get some ****ing balls boys. That's what being a radical is really about.

-Smak

these corporate drones fall in line, they know Trump is an easy target due to the corporate-interest media pretty much killing him since day 1. They got mouths to feed and are not looking to be radical in any way shape or form.

305Baller
10-08-2019, 12:25 AM
these corporate drones fall in line, they know Trump is an easy target due to the corporate-interest media pretty much killing him since day 1. They got mouths to feed and are not looking to be radical in any way shape or form.

Trumps a piece of shit like every president ever. fukkk em alll hahahaahahhah

americcaaaahahhh!!!!!!

greymatter
10-08-2019, 12:41 AM

Pop and Kerr are US citizens and have vested interests in what goes on in the US. Hong Kongers aren't US citizens.

Morey is free to believe and say whatever the hell he wants. That he was too stupid to foresee the repercussions of his statement is his own fault; not the Chinese for being pissed.

"Freedom" was general/vague. It could just be something as simple as freedom to elect politicians of their own choosing (instead of CCP approved puppets). It could have been pushing for HK to become an independent state (which would be mind numbingly stupid to do).

-Smak

The protestors are essentially a bunch of kids too young to remember that China never intended to let HK operate indefinitely as a western style democracy. They weren't supposed to remain a special economic semi-autonomous zone forever.

Only a complete moron would think that SJW type "radicals" have some sort of obligation to traipse across the globe trying to impose western values in distinctly non-western societies/cultures.

Your comparisons are, in a few words, dumber than shit.

greymatter
10-08-2019, 12:57 AM
Trumps a piece of shit like every president ever. fukkk em alll hahahaahahhah

americcaaaahahhh!!!!!!

I quite clearly remember all the dumbass rubes jumping on the "freedom fries" bandwagon after France opposed W's invasion of Iraq. I'd say only about 10% of those tards would admit the invasion was all bullshit.

Codenamed operation "Iraqi Freedom" . As if dipshit Muricans really gave a rat's ass about Iraqis.

305Baller
10-08-2019, 01:05 AM
I quite clearly remember all the dumbass rubes jumping on the "freedom fries" bandwagon after France opposed W's invasion of Iraq. I'd say only about 10% of those tards would admit the invasion was all bullshit.

Codenamed operation "Iraqi Freedom" . As if dipshit Muricans really gave a rat's ass about Iraqis.

:lol :lol :lol

oil gangsta gonna oil

ILLsmak
10-08-2019, 06:59 AM
Pop and Kerr are US citizens and have vested interests in what goes on in the US. Hong Kongers aren't US citizens.

Morey is free to believe and say whatever the hell he wants. That he was too stupid to foresee the repercussions of his statement is his own fault; not the Chinese for being pissed.

"Freedom" was general/vague. It could just be something as simple as freedom to elect politicians of their own choosing (instead of CCP approved puppets). It could have been pushing for HK to become an independent state (which would be mind numbingly stupid to do).

The protestors are essentially a bunch of kids too young to remember that China never intended to let HK operate indefinitely as a western style democracy. They weren't supposed to remain a special economic semi-autonomous zone forever.

Only a complete moron would think that SJW type "radicals" have some sort of obligation to traipse across the globe trying to impose western values in distinctly non-western societies/cultures.

Your comparisons are, in a few words, dumber than shit.

You are very literal. That Morey's tweet caused so much backlash in China proves that they 'read between the lines.'

I'm in some ways supporting of the 'we shouldn't force democracy on others' when used as a reason to not overthrow governments, but speaking out? Why does it matter if they are a citizen or not, they are a human...

You neednot traipse anywhere... just Twitter. The same can be applied to people who are apologizing. What is their obligation? It's bitchmade.

The comparison is this (that you are saying is stupid): people will speak out about what they believe is social injustice when and only when it doesn't affect their bottom line. Sounds stupid, in a way, why would anyone say something, true or not, that would lose them money, but then you think about y'know... integrity. You'd have to be from Georgia to understand that, though.

BTW: as an aside, Georgia is actually a pretty nice state. I think you are thinking of Alabama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)

-Smak

brooks_thompson
10-08-2019, 08:40 AM
These guys were stupid for apologizing. China

ronniec
10-08-2019, 12:01 PM
It's always easy to tell which posters are the stupid rubes who've either never had a valid passport or never been beyond Mexico or Canada.

I'd wager exactly 0% of them could tell you why HK became a Brit colony and what year it was handed back to China without looking it up.

HK are citizens of China. China lets them "mostly" enjoy the benefits of a Western style democracy in order to allow for a smooth transition into reincorporating it with the rest of the country. It was designated as a "special economic zone" and intended to be fully reincorporated by 50 years after its handover (1997 for the jacktards too ignorant or too young to bother remembering).

It is strictly an internal matter for the Chinese. The US has as much business peddling democracy in HK as China does telling the shithole state of Georgia's Bible-beating inbredneck politicians to respect abortion rights.

Get the facts right.
There is a basic law, signed by both Chinese and British government back in the 80's, to let HK remain a special region for 50 years (started from 1997). Only national defense and diplomacy belongs to Chinese government and the rest belongs to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

It is NOT internal matters.
The fvcking PRC "PROMISED" that, and they did not.
It is an international agreement.

Levity
10-08-2019, 12:17 PM
These guys were stupid for apologizing. China’s still cancelling stuff left and right. Now they just look like wusses.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone's apology to china after calling them out last week. humility at its finest.

"Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts. We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn't just look like Winnie the Pooh at all. Tune into our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the Great Communist Party of China! May this autumn's sorghum harvest be bountiful! We good now China?"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/us/south-park-apology-chinese-internet-trnd/index.html

bladefd
10-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Get the facts right.
There is a basic law, signed by both Chinese and British government back in the 80's, to let HK remain a special region for 50 years (started from 1997). Only national defense and diplomacy belongs to Chinese government and the rest belongs to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

It is NOT internal matters.
The fvcking PRC "PROMISED" that, and they did not.
It is an international agreement.

China has become ballsy since then. Their economy has been growing, military growing and they feel they can do whatever they want anywhere anytime because nobody will touch them. They are dumping chemicals in oceans and polluting the skies at will without reeling it in or considering repercussions. Assho|es are pushing the boundaries

RealSkipBayless
10-08-2019, 03:04 PM
People talking about "voicing support". Are the type to put a facebook filter on their profile after a disaster thinking they are making a difference. Though when a donation link surfaces they are nowhere to be seen.

nineiron
10-08-2019, 03:20 PM
why is Morey still employed?

if he was anything but white, his ass would already be gone

Smook A.
10-08-2019, 03:25 PM
why is Morey still employed?

if he was anything but white, his ass would already be gone
Because he did absolutely nothing wrong. China is just really blowing this wayyy out of proportion. Even Adam Silver said he supports Morey voicing his opinion

nineiron
10-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Because he did absolutely nothing wrong. China is just really blowing this wayyy out of proportion. Even Adam Silver said he supports Morey voicing his opinion

so it's ok for Morey to voice his opinion about China publicly, but it wasn't ok for Sterling to voice his opinion about certain people privately?

sammichoffate
10-08-2019, 04:00 PM
Because he did absolutely nothing wrong. China is just really blowing this wayyy out of proportion. Even Adam Silver said he supports Morey voicing his opinionActually, Silver threw him under the bus and is backtracking now to try and save face.

ronniec
10-08-2019, 05:11 PM
China has become ballsy since then. Their economy has been growing, military growing and they feel they can do whatever they want anywhere anytime because nobody will touch them. They are dumping chemicals in oceans and polluting the skies at will without reeling it in or considering repercussions. Assho|es are pushing the boundaries

I would like to use the initials (PRC/People's Republic of China), instead of just China. The communist just hijacked the country but not really representing the will of people.

Their reserve funds are shrinking, foreign companies are moving out, manufacturers are relocating to South East Asia, Huawei is condemned by United States... their Belt and Road policy is a total failure.
They are not as powerful as they look like.

If U.S. and Europe/England have the balls to fight against them, they could.
Unfortunately, James Fvcking Harden set a very bad example to people.

CelticBaller
10-08-2019, 06:28 PM
I would like to use the initials (PRC/People's Republic of China), instead of just China. The communist just hijacked the country but not really representing the will of people.

Their reserve funds are shrinking, foreign companies are moving out, manufacturers are relocating to South East Asia, Huawei is condemned by United States... their Belt and Road policy is a total failure.

Unfortunately, James Fvcking Harden set a very bad example to people.
Yes that

TheImmortal
10-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Unfortunately, James Fvcking Harden set a very bad example to people.Bruh.. this isn't North Korea they're dealing with.. it's North Korea x 2 billion.

FreezingTsmoove
10-08-2019, 08:10 PM
People talking about "voicing support". Are the type to put a facebook filter on their profile after a disaster thinking they are making a difference. Though when a donation link surfaces they are nowhere to be seen.

Those donations are often scams or just pay the salary of employees

bobopenguin
10-08-2019, 08:26 PM
now pop joins the war!

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Popovich-praises-commissioner-s-courage-in-14502199.php

pop on Adam not backing down from China:

"He came out strongly for freedom of speech (today). I felt great again. He's been a heck of a leader in that respect and very courageous. Then you compare it to what we've had to live through the past three years, it's a big difference. A big gap there, leadership-wise and courage-wise. It wasn't easy for him to say. He said that in an environment fraught with possible economic peril. But he sided with the principles that we all hold dearly, or most of us did until the last three years. I'm thrilled with what he said. The courage and leadership displayed is off the charts by comparison."